Fake Patch (Thread #3, for real)

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:43 pm

I'm running a lot of mods myself, fwe, mmm, weapon mod kits just to name a brief few. My main character, who I disable fwe for due to when he was created, his saves are pretty much stuck due to games for windows live. Is there any way I can play broken steel with this character, or will i be forced to use 1.5 so gfwl will load and break my other mods?
Jack Moves

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:46 am

Is it so much to ask for Bethesda to release something that is not completely broken? It was ok at first but now it's just getting plain frustratng and honestly, unacceptable.

I'm currently in the process of re-installing Fallout, which really should not be necessary!
Michael Korkia

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:12 am

I've got the same problem with Sarah not following into the purifier room. Tried reloading a bunch of times, no luck.
louise hamilton

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:44 pm

Have any of the people having trouble getting followers to follow tried using their ID, prid and the moveto function?

Edit: preemptive strike here

to get Sarah to moveto you type the following into the console
prid 1D44F moveto player

Tania Bunic

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:26 pm

okay i have no clue what mod is breaking broken steel yet. i'm still going through my whole list and no such luck figuring it out yet

So hair mods, mod index and mod location seem to have no effect. So theres something still breaking it but i'm down to nothing but location mods and weapon addons pretty much so i'm running out of options without totally screwing up my save file.

I know it's a mod though because with everything disabled it works. i WILL figure out whats doing this.
cosmo valerga

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Have any of the people having trouble getting followers to follow tried using their ID, prid and the moveto function?

prid 1D44F moveto player

I can confirm that this WORKS, and the game proceeds as normal.
Brooke Turner

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 am

okay i have no clue what mod is breaking broken steel yet. i'm still going through my whole list and no such luck figuring it out yet

So hair mods, mod index and mod location seem to have no effect. So theres something still breaking it but i'm down to nothing but location mods and weapon addons pretty much so i'm running out of options without totally screwing up my save file.

I know it's a mod though because with everything disabled it works. i WILL figure out whats doing this.

The problem you're having, is it the new ending not working?
Marilú

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:32 pm

prid 1D44F moveto player

Why the hell didn't I think of that.
I somehow forgot all about the console. :)
Thanks, I'll try it now!

EDIT: This method works perfectly!
The 2 weeks later video worked normally and I've started playing the DLC.
Kayla Keizer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:53 am

Is it so much to ask for Bethesda to release something that is not completely broken? It was ok at first but now it's just getting plain frustratng and honestly, unacceptable.

Heck, I'd be happy with a statement that said there are no plans for patches beyond the currently released v1.5 and to 'deal with it.'
Undesired answers are better than no answers, imoho.

We have all been turned into seriously disorganized beta testers, against our will. :sad:
Alister Scott

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:03 am

So, is the water still supposed to be irradiated when you use the purifier? (without the modified FEV?) It doesn't seem to look any different, either. I've got that water plugin that was mentioned.
Kayla Bee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:45 am

So, is the water still supposed to be irradiated when you use the purifier? (without the modified FEV?) It doesn't seem to look any different, either. I've got that water plugin that was mentioned.

Been mentioned. When using the Fake Patch and water workaround, all it does is comment out the lines of the script that use the command "RemapWaterType". Normally the water should change, but since that command doesn't exist in the 1.0.0.15 the only choices right now are to either play with 1.5 and let the scripts run, or use the Fake Patch with workaround and have the old water.
Erin S

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:44 pm

The problem you're having, is it the new ending not working?

i see the whole ending cinematic and then when it goes to load the two weeks later video it crashes. i've gotten it to work twice now but i just can't figure out exactly what mod is doing it. now i'm going one mod at a time because i know it's just one mod thats doing it.
George PUluse

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:23 am

i see the whole ending cinematic and then when it goes to load the two weeks later video it crashes. i've gotten it to work twice now but i just can't figure out exactly what mod is doing it. now i'm going one mod at a time because i know it's just one mod thats doing it.

Oh..not the same problem as me. Dammit.
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:07 am

Been mentioned. When using the Fake Patch and water workaround, all it does is comment out the lines of the script that use the command "RemapWaterType". Normally the water should change, but since that command doesn't exist in the 1.0.0.15 the only choices right now are to either play with 1.5 and let the scripts run, or use the Fake Patch with workaround and have the old water.

Ah, rats. Is it confirmed that the game will still function properly if this is done? I'd like to re-do the ending part to get the proper water effects with 1.5, and then revert to Fake Patch.
Hella Beast

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:58 am

Ah, rats. Is it confirmed that the game will still function properly if this is done? I'd like to re-do the ending part to get the proper water effects with 1.5, and then revert to Fake Patch.

I mentioned doing that earlier.
I'm still wondering if you couldn't patch to 1.5, complete the game to the end of vanilla content/beginning of BS, let the script with the command RemapWaterType run and then save the game, reinstall/fake patch and then run the work around as well with BS.

Twice actually
Not that much work. IDK about you but I have a save right before
Spoiler
liberty prime takes his walk across the Enclave's backside towards PP
so if I had BS I'd test it out at the very least, just run through and complete the quest, wait for BS to kick in and do whatever it does, huzzah huzzah huzzah I'm a hero, reinstall/fake patch and go VATS crazy in the new content. Fully operational VATS is a requirement for me, and if it means having working VATS or a lvl 30 cap, I'll take VATS.

Including game time I'm talking maybe 20 minutes, and that is with cleaning my registry and two PC restarts(one with uninstall, one with reinstall).

Smokey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:00 am

A couple questions, first time I am using this fake patch so a little bit lost.

1) I downloaded the program little boy.. How do I get it to mess with my bsa files? Do I need to keep it running everytime I play fallout?

2) The attribute changer utility, isnt there another program which is a tad more user friendly? I could have sworn one existed that all you had to do was click a button and you'd be done.
SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:38 am

Twice actually

Ok you know what. I'll do that. I'm getting fed up. v1.5 here I come.
Naazhe Perezz

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:34 pm

almost figured out what mod is is.

i BELIEVE it's v12 interior.esp but i honestly can't remember for the life of me what mod that is and i can't seem to find it anywhere. any ideas? testing a couple more times to make sure thats it.

the megaton clubhouse mod might be it too.
noa zarfati

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:54 am

Ok you know what. I'll do that. I'm getting fed up. v1.5 here I come.

Tell me if it works. If it does and you end up with working VATS in BS then I may consider getting it xD
John Moore

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:00 am

Tell me if it works. If it does and you end up with working VATS in BS then I may consider getting it xD

I played a bit with 1.5 and it works well for me, maybe a tiny bit slow on VATS but that might be my imagination, since I've seen it a LOT slower in the past. I'll use the fake patch and/or unnoficial patch when everything works fine, but in the meantime I want to play the game and all I've had to give up is the ability to sprint from FOSE.
Jessie Butterfield

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:36 pm

VATS always has a lot of issues with AA, and seems to change computer to computer.

For people having issues with Sara following you, cant you do a prid moveto.player or something once your in the control room?
Frank Firefly

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 pm

I played a bit with 1.5 and it works well for me, maybe a tiny bit slow on VATS but that might be my imagination, since I've seen it a LOT slower in the past. I'll use the fake patch and/or unnoficial patch when everything works fine, but in the meantime I want to play the game and all I've had to give up is the ability to sprint from FOSE.

Actually, I was assuming he meant to follow the idea I had put forth(multiple times xD) in a previous post

I'm still wondering if you couldn't patch to 1.5, complete the game to the end of vanilla content/beginning of BS, let the script with the command RemapWaterType run and then save the game, reinstall/fake patch and then run the work around as well with BS.

Twice actually
Not that much work. IDK about you but I have a save right before
Spoiler
liberty prime takes his walk across the Enclave's backside towards PP
so if I had BS I'd test it out at the very least, just run through and complete the quest, wait for BS to kick in and do whatever it does, huzzah huzzah huzzah I'm a hero, reinstall/fake patch and go VATS crazy in the new content. Fully operational VATS is a requirement for me, and if it means having working VATS or a lvl 30 cap, I'll take VATS.

Including game time I'm talking maybe 20 minutes, and that is with cleaning my registry and two PC restarts(one with uninstall, one with reinstall).

that's what he was quoting, except it was my quotes so he couldn't quote them...my head hurts
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:54 pm

It didn't [censored] work. It didn't [censored] work AT ALL. I'm [censored] tired of this [censored], I was so calm waiting for the thing to get fixed but now this? No. I'm not going to take it. So until BETHESDA (since it's an issue with the game) gets their [censored] together, I'm gone.
Cassie Boyle

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 am

1.5 is a failure. My FPS has gone down significantly with it, not to mention CTD's literally every 5 minutes.
Wayland Neace

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:38 am

I have the steam version so I just used the exe and it really does not glich. However I would suggest on the last quest to save often. I have experienced Sarah not coming in with me to the same inner cell where the purifier is. It could just be mine, I just wanted to make everyone aware of the possible pain.

Seems to me- this is common problem. Interesting- how it work with 1.5 patch?

(from my Nexus post)
So- I finish quests Project Unpurity and Take it back
All (almost) was fine, I die and then resurrect in the citadel. After speaking with elder Lyons both quests was closed and was beginning new quest- Death from above.

My config:
Steam FO3 ver. 1.5+ fallout3.exe ver. 1.0+ fake patch+ UF3 patch+ RemapWaterType.esp (which was plugged in after entering to Jefferson Memorial but before activating Project Purity)

Problems:
-I don't understand the purpose of the RWT plugin- it don't change anything for me. No bugs, no CTD-s, and water in Potomak still be radioactive. I try both variants- with plugin and without it. Seems to me it can be something wrong with it, or I don't understand something.
At the same time- esp from Free Play after MQ work fine.

-Sara Lyons don't follow me to the Rotunda, so final script can't start. I play from not my final save, and can't say anything about source of the problem.

Solution.
-simply unlock the door with consolre
-or teleport Sara with console to player
Both variants work the same
I think it is possible force teleport Sara to player before speech with colonel Autumn
SiLa

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3