Fake Patch (Thread #3, for real)

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:30 am

Quick question; will I still have the ability to get to level 30 with all the perks and such with BS if I use the fake patch? Because it is undeniable that v1.5 would DESTROY my game entirely and utterly.

BS works with this, right?
Maya Maya

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:44 am

well i'm having a lot of trouble. can't get broken steel to load. Game just crashes after the cinematic. Done everything right to install the fake patch and i have the water thing running but it still crashes on load.

[censored]in bethesda.
jesse villaneda

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Is everyone starting up with fose just fine? I can't seem to get fose to work with patch 1.0.0.15. I crash on startup with fose, but it starts up fine without it. I followed the fake patch instructions precisely, so I can only assume fose v1.1 beta6 is working. Maybe I'm doing someting wrong? I did notice the FO3 launcher version after patch says v1.1.12, but is'nt that right?
Are you sure you have the appropriate fose_1_0.dll? The launcher version shouln't really matter, only the exe which should be 1.0.0.15
well i'm having a lot of trouble. can't get broken steel to load. Game just crashes after the cinematic. Done everything right to install the fake patch and i have the water thing running but it still crashes on load.

[censored]in bethesda.
Do you have your DLC material in your Fallout3\Data directory? The RemapWaterType plugin needs BrokenSteel.ESM in Fallout3\Data as it references two new forms from BrokenSteel.ESM, DLC03TBPotomacWater and DLC03TBCleanWater. Usually, crashing when the titles are starting indicates a missing master file.
Kelly Upshall

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:21 am

Do you have your DLC material in your Fallout3\Data directory? The RemapWaterType plugin needs BrokenSteel.ESM in Fallout3\Data as it references two new forms from BrokenSteel.ESM, DLC03TBPotomacWater and DLC03TBCleanWater. Usually, crashing when the titles are starting indicates a missing master file.

yea, same as with the last two DLCS. Brokensteel,esm, sounds and main bsa files are all in the data folder. It'd not under my C drive if that means anything

And i have the remapwatertype selected and in the load order before broken steel. so idk whats going on. guess i'll go unselect every other mod and see what happens.
Philip Lyon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 am

I grabbed the one linked to on the first page and dumped it all in the fallout 3 folder and used the fose loader to startup . The .exe is v1.0.0.15
Kristian Perez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 am

yea, same as with the last two DLCS. Brokensteel,esm, sounds and main bsa files are all in the data folder. It'd not under my C drive if that means anything

And i have the remapwatertype selected and in the load order before broken steel. so idk whats going on. guess i'll go unselect every other mod and see what happens.
Although the load order shows it as before BrokenSteel.ESM, it's loading after it as .esp's will always load after .ESM's. Try renaming your Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini, then letting your launcher re-detect your hardware and make new ones?
nath

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:00 am

Although the load order shows it as before BrokenSteel.ESM, it's loading after it as .esp's will always load after .ESM's. Try renaming your Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini, then letting your launcher re-detect your hardware and make new ones?

Just got it to work. Disabled every other mod and it worked so i'm not sure what was screwing it up but something was. at least now the water thing is at the correct load order spot, i thought it was first (for esps) but apparently it wasn't. so now just to turn on all the mods again and see what happens lol

I know some people said you can't have custom races so i'm thinking maybe it was the custom hair mods? gonna try doing it without those turned on.
liz barnes

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:43 am

Just got it to work. Disabled every other mod and it worked so i'm not sure what was screwing it up but something was. at least now the water thing is at the correct load order spot, i thought it was first (for esps) but apparently it wasn't. so now just to turn on all the mods again and see what happens lol

I know some people said you can't have custom races so i'm thinking maybe it was the custom hair mods? gonna try doing it without those turned on.

Let us know if that could be a problem as well. The more info we have the better chance others won't have to deal with these problems.
RAww DInsaww

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:38 am

So do we HAVE to reinstall our game for this to work? Cant we just update and then use the fake patch? I have a lot of mods in my game and I want to use them with Broken Steel. Thanks for the help.
Oceavision

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:09 pm

So do we HAVE to reinstall our game for this to work? Cant we just update and then use the fake patch? I have a lot of mods in my game and I want to use them with Broken Steel. Thanks for the help.

There is no point. The whole reason behind the Fake Patch is to have working VATS with DLC capability. In order to have fully working VATS you HAVE to have the 1.0.0.15 executable. If you have patched the game you don't have it, so you have to reinstall. If you don't want to reinstall then you may as well remove Fake Patch because it is doing nothing for you.
Alan Cutler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:38 am

Some have patched up to 1.4 and used the Fake patch and have not had problems. Unless you have the steam version then it is "recommended" because the fake patch makes all the changes without breaking anything.
priscillaaa

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:50 am

So then it wont glitch my game or anything? I really dont want to reinstall if I dont have too.
JD bernal

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:48 am

So then it wont glitch my game or anything? I really dont want to reinstall if I dont have too.

I have the steam version so I just used the exe and it really does not glich. However I would suggest on the last quest to save often. I have experienced Sarah not coming in with me to the same inner cell where the purifier is. It could just be mine, I just wanted to make everyone aware of the possible pain.
CArla HOlbert

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:17 am

Hmm i copied the install instructions in the first post but when i go to launch my game with FOMM it just errors.

Here is my FOMM mod order, http://www.cubeupload.com/files/2c2000fom.png

When i use normal launcher the game works :|

Just with Fallout3.esm, Fakepatch and Unoffical patch checked it still dont boot with FOSE.
K J S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:39 am

Let us know if that could be a problem as well. The more info we have the better chance others won't have to deal with these problems.

disabled all hair/eye mods, and still got crash. Not gonna test out a couple other ideas and test out the tesla gun when i can. i'll post back as soon as i have details.
Alan Whiston

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 am

I have been loading the same few saves outside the purifier room and trying again and again to get Sarah to follow me inside but they don't.
Even my companions, Charon and Dogmeat don't follow me inside.

Also, the airlock switch doesn't seem to work at all.

Can anyone help me?

Playing with Fake Patch and the water fix.

Btw, should the water fix be plugged in once your inside the purifier room or once you're in the gift shop section?
Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Alright... I got broken steel fine, when I started the game I got the message, but when I got in the control room it all went wrong. First I did it myself, but the ending played and the game ended. Second time I tried to throw Fawkes in, but he wouldn't do it like he's supposed to. I wait 3 days for them to fix a [censored] problem, what now?

I play it offline with Fake Patch. With the water fix esp.

Aliish Sheldonn

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:28 am

So, fun times. Figuring I'd have to do a reinstall anyway cause of my exsisting maxed exp issue, I decide to run an experiment to confirm or break my theory. Installed 1.5 and turned everything off. Main file still can't gain exp at 20, and new characters can't either. My game is officially borked. Great. WTF could of caused this?
Anna Watts

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 am

I really do not know what to say. Did you save right outside of Jefferson? I would revert to that. I remember Sarah would not follow me in so I exited and went back into Jefferson and she followed. Sometimes you have to reload a few times to get it to work.
Latino HeaT

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 am

Oh, and random point since this seemed to cause it too, my Metal Blaster now has a bizarre retexture I never applied to it. =|
Kill Bill

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:58 am

Is FOSE actually required for the fake patch because my game doesn't load if i use FOMM FOSE and it works fine using normal game launcher.
mimi_lys

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:44 am

I'm with Caz32 I too cannot start with fose. Not that I believe this is a fake patch problem and don't wish to jam up this thread with fose problems, but the instructions are pushing fose and v1.0.0.15.
Stephanie Kemp

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:53 pm

Odds are if you have trouble starting with Fose you don't have the required fose_1_0.dll, get it on the FOSe website
jessica robson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 am

okay some updates

- i THINK that the water fix has to be the first ESP in the mod index, testing this now
- Disabled all hair mods and still got crash, though the water fix was not first in the index

Tesla Cannon
-Used the geck to place the cannon in the testqaitems room and even though i could pick it up and select it i could not use the weapon, it would just stay holstered.

on a site note, THIS GUN IS HUGE!!!! lol

will post back after some more tests.
Neliel Kudoh

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 am

Odds are if you have trouble starting with Fose you don't have the required fose_1_0.dll, get it on the FOSe website

thanks
Dean Ashcroft

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3