Fallout 3 - Coop - Multiplayer - Partially working

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:20 am

Kudos to the OP for trying to find an original angle. Just ignore the un-supportive nonsense.
Scott

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm sorry, but if you can make an NPC walk and act like the 'npc' in that video did, you are the god of all that exists. I would like to see that if you do it.

In other words, the video didnt really look fake at all. It would be pretty damn hard (and by that I mean impossible) to make an NPC act like that.

But it IS an NPC. A remote controlled one that plays animations based on key presses.
Emily Jones

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:15 am

Yes it is and you could do better at implamenting a basic conceptof Multiplayer?
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:23 am

I think I misunderstood what Gun meant with NPC here. I thought that Gun meant that the person in the video was not an NPC at all, but a true second player character. Now that I reread his post I see what he meant: It's not a completely ordinary NPC doing things on its own without input from a player. Which is true.

Anyway I think I was a little too harsh in my earlier posts, now that I've reread the thread. Amusemant never claimed that this mod was any more than it actually is: An NPC that can be controlled somewhat with the keyboard. You can have a second person pressing the buttons on your key board that move the NPC around, while you control the player character, and that would be some sort of multiplayer, technically. You're playing together. It's far from perfect or complete (and I don't think it would be possible to make it much better, given the way this works.), but Amusemant never said it would be.
NEGRO

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:17 am

I think I misunderstood what Gun meant with NPC here. I thought that Gun meant that the person in the video was not an NPC at all, but a true second player character. Now that I reread his post I see what he meant: It's not a completely ordinary NPC doing things on its own without input from a player. Which is true.

Pretty much. :)

If someone can use packages and navmesh to get them to do that (like many are claiming he did) that would still be an absolutely incredibly feat of using the geck. Either way, what he did is fantastic.
Sweets Sweets

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:39 am

Anyway, it's a bit too late to admin this, since he is gone for good now, while he could have made some interesting mods with better threatment instead.
Izzy Coleman

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:54 am

Anyway, it's a bit too late to admin this, since he is gone for good now, while he could have made some interesting mods with better threatment instead.

Well, he did relased the modder resource right? :(
Ownie Zuliana

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:45 am

Wow. Nice going, some of you...

That kamikaze robot mod looks plenty fun, tho!
Ella Loapaga

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:57 am

Kudos to the maker, if he reads this, as for the [censored]ers that shot him down, you guys try and make a mod like this.
Lew.p

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:53 am

We, the normal and down to earth members and modders, try to just ignore the little ones, for often, they no not what they say in their perceived ignorance, and spout [censored]e.

Have a fishy, kettle, and welcome to our house :)

crap, no fishysticks.. sowweee... have a thumb instead, you earned it :goodjob:

+1

Andy speaks true, some people here are negative and vengeful - but Most are helpful and encouraging. Best hope is to ignore the BS and mod because you want to! Its for this very reason that I have avoided WIP threads until I am much closer to release; too much whining and arm-chair quarterbacking, too little constructive feedback and help Unless your one of the big "known" modders.

Power to the peeps.

Miax
Monika Fiolek

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:16 am

We, the normal and down to earth members and modders, try to just ignore the little ones, for often, they no not what they say in their perceived ignorance, and spout [censored]e.

Have a fishy, kettle, and welcome to our house :)

crap, no fishysticks.. sowweee... have a thumb instead, you earned it :goodjob:

+1

Andy speaks true, some people here are negative and vengeful - but Most are helpful and encouraging. Best hope is to ignore the BS and mod because you want to! Its for this very reason that I have avoided WIP threads until I am much closer to release; too much whining and arm-chair quarterbacking, too little constructive feedback and help Unless your one of the big "known" modders.

Power to the peeps.

Miax

Right on gentlemen
I couldn't of said it any better myself, but I can one up the thumb :wink_smile: here have a pint :foodndrink:

bigcrazewolf
Terry

Previous

Return to Fallout 3