Fallout 4 Speculation, Ideas and Suggestions #253

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:46 pm

I mean the people who see you attacking their god, and risking damage to it. Nukes don't blow up unless armed.

If they include the Atom cult in FO4, I would hope that the cultists AI recognizes assault of the bomb.
(Even splash damage; they should defend what they revere.)
Elea Rossi

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:13 am

I want to clarify this: The Children of the Atom DO NOT BELIEVE IN BLOWING UP THE BOMB MANUALLY. They'd never consider Mr Burke's proposition, nor any other kind of attempt to set it up through the ways of mankind.

The bomb is holy to them. They pray to it, because they want it to respond itself (blowing up one day) to release them.

I think it's safe to assume that their religion is a bastardized version of the original one that emerged after the war - and that worshipped the bomb because it DIDN'T explode.

That they don't react to anyone shooting it is gameplay. The devs simply didn't implement it because.

Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Speaking of the local currency again, it would be interesting if after hours of play and you joining all those caps to spend on good and better in the Institute stores, you discover that is not accepted and there is no way to convert. That is, the caps would be worth only around the wall, to buy the junk ever (water bottle, squirrel on a stick, Yum Yum eggs and some guns through broken ....)

================================================================================================

It's probably too late to suggestions, but here are a few more:

1) Do not make immortal people (I am not referring children). I think it's my right to get out of my vault, explore halfway around the world to find my father and then blow his head. This will break the quests and let the game impossible to finish? My problem, not yours.

Or do this, but in a way that makes sense, as is the case of Yes Man.

2) Talking about NV, do not be ashamed to copy the improvements they have implemented. I will not even give me the time to speak what, for they are many.

3) This is a simple sugestion. My current char in NV has the Rad Child perk. So she walks always with Deadly radiation poisoning.

That makes me afraid of the sites that have radiation. Earn 200 points, which leads to death, it′s very fast. In short: make radiation a thing to be feared.

Every location with radiation should be a very dangerous place to visited. The way was now in these last two games, we can until having fun in it, swimming and drinking radioactive water. If the game allowed, we could get some sleep in a place like this.

Budgie

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:57 am

Look Gizmo, I know you haven't played Fallout 3 really, but at least look up stuff on the wiki.

The bomb is not their god, nor do they ever call it such. The Confessor even says its a tool of their god, and represents his power/ability to bring enlightenment etc. etc.

Bee Baby

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:43 pm

I think it's safe to assume that their religion is a bastardized version of the Planet of the Apes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peHEOgiQgnI

*Not to imply that it's a bad thing. :wink:
Skrapp Stephens

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Thank you, I didn't know that. You're right, it's safe to assume. But my lore explanation sounds reasonable.

Izzy Coleman

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:36 am

Indeed. It is a mistake to say FOT non-canon based upon an interview before game even came out, especially when they still working on the game for at least another year. Obviously, they changed their minds.
Jesus Sanchez

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:55 am

So? This is what the game depicts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKqHcT16Xio
Does anyone here want similar behavior in FO4?
(And I do mean seen in the entire video, especially the end.)
Causon-Chambers

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:52 pm

So? Are you being serious?

Your entire point was based around it being thier god you are shooting at, and I just pointed out how it isn't thier god, nor do they see it as such.

So, what is your basis for getting angry over the fact they don't respond....... just like NPCs have done in games since forever.

I dont think it's safe to assume that, when nothing suggests it.

OTTO

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:05 am

Angry? Disappointed perhaps, but not angry.

FO4 will have system specs well over 50x what Fallout (1) did, but in Fallout the NPC's got ticked off if you touched their bookshelf.
yessenia hermosillo

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:25 pm

What do you think happens when you steal from peoples bookshelves in Fallout 3 and New Vegas?

Penny Flame

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:52 pm

Same thing that happens if you do it in TES.
(You can drop by and chat with them later; they are the same http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/Gizmojunk/FO3_Scrolls_zpspayzmpqu.jpg.)

daniel royle

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:48 pm

So the same as in Fallout 1 and 2, then, where they will open fire on you?

Rusty Billiot

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:18 pm

So did the NPCs in Oblivion, and that got removed in Skyrim because of how silly and knee-jerky it was. Older games generally portrayed NPC reaction in a vastly over exaggerated way, in a poor attempt to force reaction when none shouldn't have existed.

That doesn't mean I disagree with the idea that NPCs should have said "hey, cut that out", or something similar. But to not have it in the game is about as much of a detriment as NPCs not pooping. It's really a rather trivial thing to get upset about.

Though Skyrim did have NPCs react more to you having weapons drawn/attacking the air. So it's likely we will see similar in Fallout 4.

Why exactly would they not talk to you later?

Do you expct everyone to be THAT emotionally unstable, to the point where just picking up something off their shelves will cause them to hate you for all time?

99.99% of people wouldn't be upset for more then 5 mintues over something like that.

Da Missz

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Double
*Merged with the next post.
Chris Duncan

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:21 pm

They don't forget. Choosing that action in Fallout 1 & 2, has irrevocable consequences. The whole point of the game is do what you will, but live with it.
The whole point of TES&FO3 is do what you want and ~and nothing... just do whatever you want.

Yes actually. You are expecting a simulation; TES tries for that, but Fallout is not a simulation, it's a cause & effect engine that tracks and reacts to the player's actions. Choosing to rob someone should bring permanent enmity ~if you get caught.
meg knight

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:22 pm

So do they open fire on you everytime they see you, stopping all interactions with them because you picked up that copy of Guns and Bullets in the back, and they keep firing until either you or them are dead, regardless if their 10mm pistol is plinking off your T-51b?

Louise Andrew

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:21 pm

True, but it sounds [censored] awesome. I somehow think that's what was intended, given that I was baffled when I learned why they really worshipped the bomb - which was the opposite of what I expected.

It would give a lot of history and depth to the cult. That's what a game needs.

Nana Samboy

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:18 pm

No it doesn't. West world had robots apearing As humans to fit the vibe of West world And were not hostile from the beginning. People would visit this large man made replica of the past on vacation. But something changed the civilized robots into killers.

For the Institute. I could see them making as proxie civilization in order to remake the old world and cover up the fact there was a war. Institute drones could play the part as authority figures and police. Most of everyone else is brainwashed.

Maybe cloning or vaults could also be a utility for the Institute agenda.
louise fortin

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:58 pm

I just think that sounds kinda dumb TBH. I really cant see people beginning to worship the bomb because it didn't go off.

I can however see a cult forming due to some misguided notions on the rapture, and thinking that those killed got raptured, and so they want that bomb to go off so they can get raptured and go to heaven, and then is just evolving into what is in-game.

Wanting consequences to be realistic =/= wanting a simulation.

C&C means nothing if the choices and consequences aren't grounded in some sort of believable base, to give some sort of validity to what you do, or don't do.

Arbitrary C&C isn't good game design.

Horror- Puppe

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:59 pm

But ... The game had people appearing as robots.. and..

Seriously though. Do you not think that the TES and Bethesda FO games basically seek to simulate a small patch of the retro-Apocalypse world just like West World and Roman World did for their own settings; and for the exact same reason? It's a sandbox vacation.

Unless they update their tune, FO4 will do the same, and unfortunately that's all the new FO games will be good for. :(

It sure seems like it is...

A belivable base like robbing someone, or shooting them in the face (which makes no difference to the game)?
Juanita Hernandez

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:54 am

You can't? Maybe it's just me then. I would.

And then, over the years, I'd realize that it's such a gruesome place to live in, I'd rather die. But for a higher purpose. The purpose of the Atom.

Darlene Delk

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:21 am

you obviously didn't read all my quote. In the Institutes world. Everyone there isn't on vacation. They were born and brought up there. And they don't know it's just a replica/ proxie society . They are pretty much slaves (no realizing it) and don't know there are drones amongst them. Or that even the Institute exists. Or that there was a great war.
Ian White

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:47 pm

I would

TASTY TRACY

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Of course I read your quote, but I'm not talking about the institute. It's a vacation for the player; (of the Disneyland kind).
*Mine was just a question: "Doesn't the game itself remind one of West World?".
Channing

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion