[REL] Havok Animation Converter, Thread 2

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 10:50 pm

You most likely did not set up the sequence in the "Dope Sheet" you need to add a Note Track and then at least 2 notes -> "start -Name namedoesnotmatterforskyrim" and "end" so the exporter will pick up that you want to export an animation and where to start/end the animation.
Louise

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 10:12 pm

@Fore: What program did you use to edit the xml?

I did a quick look at your mt_behavior.xml, and it seems that the name-tags of have been shuffled around a lot from their original ID
Matt Bee

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 1:58 am

@Fore: What program did you use to edit the xml?

I did a quick look at your mt_behavior.xml, and it seems that the name-tags of have been shuffled around a lot from their original ID
I didn't shuffle around anything. I'm working with Notepad++, and have only added new records at the end of existing lists.

Did you compare my xmls, or did you compare 2 hkxcmd outputs?
Music Show

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:31 am

You most likely did not set up the sequence in the "Dope Sheet" you need to add a Note Track and then at least 2 notes -> "start -Name namedoesnotmatterforskyrim" and "end" so the exporter will pick up that you want to export an animation and where to start/end the animation.

Thanks for the reply,
According to the procedure described by Hologram, the node that should be selected is the "root node" or "NPC Root". Because this is a vanilla animation, when I selected it and viewed it's Dope Sheet, it already has a designated start and end note. Does it mean I have to erase this Note Track and make a new one?
George PUluse

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:06 am

Thanks for the reply,
According to the procedure described by Hologram, the node that should be selected is the "root node" or "NPC Root". Because this is a vanilla animation, when I selected it and viewed it's Dope Sheet, it already has a designated start and end note. Does it mean I have to erase this Note Track and make a new one?

You should not need to if one already exists -> as long as it is on the "NPC Root [Root]" node.

Another reason the NifTools exporter sometimes does not export animations is because your bones are hidden so make sure they are not.

Any funky properties, attributes or modifiers you may have applied to the bones will also mess up a NifTools export.
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 5:59 pm

I keep hearing about Saiden Storm's Oblivion Skeleton for males...is that available anywhere?
HKXCMD thread #1 -> I did not keep the link.

I looked but I couldn't find it at all...does anyone have it?
sally coker

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 6:57 pm

I didn't shuffle around anything. I'm working with Notepad++, and have only added new records at the end of existing lists.

Did you compare my xmls, or did you compare 2 hkxcmd outputs?

I did compare your mt_behavior.xml and the original mt_behavior.xml. The changes are too numerous, so I think you cannot do it all by hands. My bet is as hkxcmd convert the xml back to hkx binary, it shuffles the records too.

I'm changing the horsebehaviors.xml now, will report back if this is indeed the case
Makenna Nomad

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 9:43 pm

@Fore: Sorry, plz discard my last posts.... I converted hkx to PackedBinary instead of Tag File, stupid me :down:
Michael Russ

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 8:24 pm

I looked but I couldn't find it at all...does anyone have it?

It was on page #6.

http://www.mediafire.com/?prwqktwo955qwj1
Angus Poole

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 3:25 am

You should not need to if one already exists -> as long as it is on the "NPC Root [Root]" node.

Another reason the NifTools exporter sometimes does not export animations is because your bones are hidden so make sure they are not.

Any funky properties, attributes or modifiers you may have applied to the bones will also mess up a NifTools export.

I made sure that all the bones were visible (none were hidden), and all I did was change the positioning of the limbs/bones. Unfortunately, still didn't work.

As a test, I imported the jump animation again, and without doing anything to it. I exported it back out. Strangely, it still resulted in a 1kb kf file :confused: I'm wondering if maybe I did something wrong in the import or export setting, here's what I used

For export:
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6526/exportkf.jpg

For import:
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8509/importkf.jpg

Is there something wrong with those settings that could be causing my issues?
josh evans

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Try exporting with "Remove Unused Bones" unchecked. And probably "Flatten Hierarchy" unchecked as well. The former probably removes all of the bones because you have no meshes with skins using the bones. Both are more aesthetic settings to make NIFs that look like Bethesda nifs but dont really have much function otherwise. Checking export skeleton only will ignore the hidden flags on bones but will ignore any meshes.
Scott Clemmons

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 4:24 am

It was on page #6.

http://www.mediafire.com/?prwqktwo955qwj1

Ah, thanks! Sorry to be a pest...but I'm a bit confused about how to use it. I have 3DS max...do you know how I might go about using this?
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 1:35 am

Ah, thanks! Sorry to be a pest...but I'm a bit confused about how to use it. I have 3DS max...do you know how I might go about using this?

You have to recreate that hierarchy in Max -> import the Character Skeleton duplicate it and rename all of the bones to 2_"oldname" then add the PairedRoot -> NPC and 2_ bones and connect the NPC Root [Root] to NPC and the 2_NPC Root [Root] to 2_ and from there you can animate whatever Human to Human Paired Anim you want.
pinar

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Thank you you guys for helping us noobs out :P

I have another ... concern: I have created new animation, converted it from kf to hkx and it works in game. Although as I was converting it, there was an error with hkxcmd

Unknown bone 'NPC Root [Root] NonAccum' found in animation. Skipping.

Is this something I should be mindful of? Kinda weird cuz the Anim works in game.

@Saiden: On the otherhand, I svck at animating. I got the animation down in 3ds max, but it plays like my Skyrim in 15fps :biggrin: . Do you happen to know a book/tutorial on how to smooth out the animation? My Animation was about 34 frames (about 1sec), custom sword-drawn style animation. Is 34 frames kinda too short ?

Another question if I may :P, I imported the NPC skeleton & meshes. Every bones seem to be pivoted at biped01 (or NPC Root). Is there anyway to move/translate the entire body around without moving/changing the NPC Root ?
Sarah Knight

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 2:56 am

@Saiden: On the otherhand, I svck at animating. I got the animation down in 3ds max, but it plays like my Skyrim in 15fps :biggrin: . Do you happen to know a book/tutorial on how to smooth out the animation? My Animation was about 34 frames (about 1sec), custom sword-drawn style animation. Is 34 frames kinda too short ?
rongphale, that's the same experience I made with defining acyclic idles (one-timers) in FNIS. It appears that acyclic animation replacers get the duration of the replaced animations. Independant of the number of frames defined in the animation.

And this makes me crazy right now. It's just like the speed/forward transformation. I just can't find the place in the behaviors where these values are stored.
des lynam

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:23 am

rongphale, that's the same experience I made with defining acyclic idles (one-timers) in FNIS. It appears that acyclic animation replacers get the duration of the replaced animations. Independant of the number of frames defined in the animation. And this makes me crazy right now. It's just like the speed/forward transformation. I just can't find the place in the behaviors where these values are stored.

Could you elaborate me more on acyclic idle? I think I read somewhere on the behavior file that has something like 'Self mode continue if cyclic blend if acyclic'

More over, in previous page, umpa posted a video animation replacer that doesn't seem to have any issue. :-?
Leanne Molloy

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Another note that, if I just replace the path of my Animation.hkx to the vanila animation.hkx, it becomes smooth again. So i'm starting to think there probably something fishy happened as we converted from kf to hkx....
Lloyd Muldowney

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 4:30 am

Thank you you guys for helping us noobs out :tongue:

I have another ... concern: I have created new animation, converted it from kf to hkx and it works in game. Although as I was converting it, there was an error with hkxcmd

Unknown bone 'NPC Root [Root] NonAccum' found in animation. Skipping.

Is this something I should be mindful of? Kinda weird cuz the Anim works in game.

Another question if I may :tongue:, I imported the NPC skeleton & meshes. Every bones seem to be pivoted at biped01 (or NPC Root). Is there anyway to move/translate the entire body around without moving/changing the NPC Root ?

Export every frame may help to smooth out the animation. Quite a bit of work probably though to ensure every frame is a key frame. Also uncheck "Add Accum Nodes" if you have it checked to remove the Accum node from skeleton.
jessica Villacis

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 12:47 am

Export every frame may help to smooth out the animation. Quite a bit of work probably though to ensure every frame is a key frame. Also uncheck "Add Accum Nodes" if you have it checked to remove the Accum node from skeleton.

Thank you so much, the anim becomes really smooth now. I had to admit that set key every frame is too much of a work, but it does ensure the quality thou.

I still have a question from previous post, hoping you guys can help me out :smile: Here is it

Another question if I may :tongue:, I imported the NPC skeleton & meshes. Every bones seem to be pivoted at biped01 (or NPC Root). Is there anyway to move/translate the entire body around without moving/changing the NPC Root ?
As I want my character start an animation from a sitting posture
elliot mudd

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Try exporting with "Remove Unused Bones" unchecked. And probably "Flatten Hierarchy" unchecked as well. The former probably removes all of the bones because you have no meshes with skins using the bones. Both are more aesthetic settings to make NIFs that look like Bethesda nifs but dont really have much function otherwise. Checking export skeleton only will ignore the hidden flags on bones but will ignore any meshes.

Thanks for the reply. I did what you advised, but unfortunately I still get a 1kb kf file. This is strange. Judging from the success most of you had I'm guessing this shouldn't be happening. Can someone give me the import or export setting you used to successfully get animation in and out of 3ds max? I just want to know for sure what works for you.

To recap: I just want to try modifying existing animations, nothing overly complex but at this point, even without making any changes to the animation result in a failed export. I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong.
Daniel Brown

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did what you advised, but unfortunately I still get a 1kb kf file. This is strange. Judging from the success most of you had I'm guessing this shouldn't be happening. Can someone give me the import or export setting you used to successfully get animation in and out of 3ds max? I just want to know for sure what works for you.

To recap: I just want to try modifying existing animations, nothing overly complex but at this point, even without making any changes to the animation result in a failed export. I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong.

There is a good tutorial for editing existing animation:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Working_with_animations_in_Skyrim

I follow that and it works. Though I doubt your problem is with export/import settings. As you edit vanila animation, you might have to tweak the start-end in DopeSheet for your modified animation, even if the start-end were there to start with.

Back to my question, I'm really frustrated. Attempting to move the [NPC Root] bone's position from default spot (between 2 feet) to NPC' ass has failed miserably. In game, my character looks like he is sitting on some invisible box....... Is there a way to re-position the bone properly in 3DS Max? :( Or to make character sitdown/stand up properly?
Victoria Bartel

Post » Sat May 26, 2012 6:55 pm

@Jonathan Kent, most people here are not exporting to KF but using the Havok Tools 2010.2 and 3ds Max 2010 to export HKX files directly from 3ds Max. The KF is then used only to import the animations. One person is exporting HKX files using 2011 but that requires quite a bit of work in post processing. Sorry I dont have kf export problems with latest version. The only think left is that you do not have start/end tags in the dope sheet editor. Those are created when importing animation by the importer so you typically do not need to add them.

@rongphale, bones without a proper rig (which is what we have) svck compared to either biped or bones with a proper rig with IK and constraints. More talented animators will alter the skeleton and add their own tools around it to aide in skeleton manipulation. But they usually do not release their tools. I've dreamed of porting puppets or something to max for easier skeleton manipulation but dont have time to do that kind of project.

Root probably is intended to be the location where feet interact with floor so you probably should change the rotation of other bones up the hierarchy to get what you want.
Noraima Vega

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 4:55 am

@Rongphale: Thanks for that link, it did help me to finally get a somewhat working animation into Skyrim. It isn't perfect though, I typically always end up with a file that's slightly smaller than the original file even when I don't do anything to the animation, but at least it actually has animation data in it unlike my previous tries. So thanks for that :)

To the animation experts : A few questions if you don't mind, is it normal for vanilla animations in kf format (even unaltered) to come out of export with some errors? For example, in the jump animation I was using as a test (which I exported unaltered), I was able to get it in-game but the head and hands would sink into the body. Some other animations I've tried also had similar issues where certain body parts would sometime distort during motion. I was just wondering if these kind of errors are to be expected or if there are perhaps some means to prevent them from happening?

Sorry if these questions disrupt the main discussion, I just want to learn a bit more about animations for Skyrim.
Daniel Lozano

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:30 am

But I have a question.

Someone know a script for automatic setkey to every frame? example to 0 at 10 .

-------

My friends works on Dance animation Syncronizator mod.
But at the end of video there are some Arms problem and IK problem when transfer animation

First Animation and The thriller is transfer from Oblivion Kf and I think is good.

Last animation tranfer from FBX (Arms and Ik problem)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vD3l9NioaE

Tutorial in Russian for tranfer animation.

http://casualmods.net/index.php/tes-v-skyrim/tantsevalnaya-animatsiya
Kirsty Collins

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 1:20 am

To the animation experts : A few questions if you don't mind, is it normal for vanilla animations in kf format (even unaltered) to come out of export with some errors? For example, in the jump animation I was using as a test (which I exported unaltered), I was able to get it in-game but the head and hands would sink into the body. Some other animations I've tried also had similar issues where certain body parts would sometime distort during motion. I was just wondering if these kind of errors are to be expected or if there are perhaps some means to prevent them from happening?
Do you use HCT export, and get skew/scale warnings. Then you have to reset those bones' skew and scale with the bonetool. (This problem is caused by a niflib error on skeleton import.)

Someone know a script for automatic setkey to every frame? example to 0 at 10 .
Unless someone pulls something out of his hat here, you won't find anything like that (I didn't).

So here is the script I wrote to fix the distortion in the middle BETWEEN 2 frames, for certain bones. Maybe it can be used as input for something which solves sergej's problem. Sorry, it's a bit cryptic.
(The work-around with 'tickrate' is not needed any more. This was due to an hkxcmd bug, which is probably solved now. Frame should now be simply 'i-1')

Spoiler
-- DO_IT = falseDO_IT = truetickRate = 43839 / 275bonenames = #(--  "NPC Spine [Spn0]",--  "NPC Spine1 [Spn1]",--  "NPC Spine2 [Spn2]",--  "NPC Neck [Neck]",  "NPC L UpperArm [LUar]",  "NPC R UpperArm [RUar]" )select_bone = 1format ">>%\n" bonenames.countr = #()r1 = #()r2 = #()bi=1while ( bi <= bonenames.count ) do (  tbone = getnodebyname bonenames[bi]  if ( tbone == undefined ) then (   txt = "Wrong bone name: " + bonenames[bi]   messagebox txt   bi = bonenames.count  )  else (--   format ">>%\t%\n" bonenames[bi] tbone   anim_keys = #()   for i in tbone.controller.position.controller.keys do append anim_keys i.time   for i in tbone.controller.rotation.controller.keys do appendifunique anim_keys i.time   tnum = anim_keys.count     for i = 1 to tnum do (	at time anim_keys[i] (	 ticks = anim_keys[i] as integer	 frame = ticks / tickRate	 r2[1] = tbone.rotation.x_rotation	 r2[2] = tbone.rotation.y_rotation	 r2[3] = tbone.rotation.z_rotation	)	if ( i > 1 ) then (	 t = anim_keys[i-1] + (anim_keys[i] - anim_keys[i-1]) / 2--	 format "%\t%\t%\t%\t%\n" frame ticks anim_keys[i-1] t anim_keys[i]	 at time t (	  r[1] = tbone.rotation.x_rotation	  r[2] = tbone.rotation.y_rotation	  r[3] = tbone.rotation.z_rotation--	  format "mid%\t%\t%\t%\t%\t%\n" anim_keys[i-1] t anim_keys[i] r1[1] r[1] r2[1]	  if ( ( ( r1[1] >= r2[1] ) and ( r[1] > (r1[1]+0.1) ) ) or	   ( ( r1[1] >= r2[1] ) and ( r[1] < (r2[1]-0.1) ) ) or	   ( ( r1[1] <= r2[1] ) and ( r[1] < (r1[1]-0.1) ) ) or	   ( ( r1[1] <= r2[1] ) and ( r[1] > (r2[1]+0.1) ) ) ) then (	   format ">>>%\t%\t%\t%\t%\t%\t%\n" t frame ticks bonenames[bi] r1[1] r[1] r2[1]	   if DO_IT then (		tbone.rotation.x_rotation = (r1[1]+r2[1])/2		tbone.rotation.y_rotation = (r1[2]+r2[2])/2		tbone.rotation.z_rotation = (r1[3]+r2[3])/2		createLockKey tbone.controller t 1	   )	  )	  	 )	)	r1[1] = r2[1]	r1[2] = r2[2]	r1[3] = r2[3]--	format "%\t%\t%\t%\t%\t%\t<>\t%\t%\t%\n" frame ticks bonenames[bi] r1[1] r1[2] r1[3] r2[1] r2[2] r2[3]   )  )  bi = bi + 1)tbone = getnodebyname bonenames[select_bone]select tbone
Emilie Joseph

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim