I hope obsidian makes another fallout...again.

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:24 am

Or you can just accept that the game can be hard and times and actually go on.

Roddy

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:38 am

I think Beth has reached the pinnacle of streamlining with Skyrim and now with FO4. Both are perfect mainstream games and I cannot imagine TES6/FO4 being more streamlined than this. But you never know. Money rules.

electro_fantics

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:40 pm

Which doesn't make having to do the same tired old run at the start of every playthrough any less tedious.

I can applaud a lot of what Obsidian did, or tried to do, in FNV. But that opening run down to Nipton and back wasn't one of their better design decisions.

Lyndsey Bird

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:34 pm

Yeah Nv compare to Fo3 was horrible.

That is your opinion, for me there was 0 memorable characters on NV. And the story wise was a mess a big one actually, and i hate how ppl keep saying they allow u to be whoever u want, when u spend 4 DLC finding out who u are. And Story wise, why in name of god i will care about Ulises problem when there is a major conflict growing.

Alycia Leann grace

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:16 am

You can just change your route.

How is the story a mess? Because things are tied with each other?

Yes, you can be whoever you want, and no, you're not finding out who you are in the DLCs.

Don't care about Ulysses then? Kill him, tie him to a rocket and stuff.

Steve Bates

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Wrong. Game allows you to be who you want and tells you who you were. You still make the choices through dialog of what you did and why.

Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:56 pm

Both Beth and Obsidian had shown interest in another cooperation not that long ago (a year or year and a half). so I would not be surprised if it happens. After all, they both practically said that East Coast is Beth's and West Coast is Obsidian's ;P

And I for one would never say no to more Fallout.

Still, you won't get what you want OP. Even if they make another Fallout, it will be based on FO4 and have all of its primary features, and that includes Perks instead of Skills. Even the dialogue system might remain the same as Obsidian was one of first companies to use the Dialogue Wheel (Alpha Protocol)

And if they do, by some chance, decide to make major changes to mechanics, don't expect NV quality. The primary reason why NV was more story-focused than FO3 is not because Obsidian is that superior, but because they did not need to bother programming a working engine (they just made some small additions... and somehow managed to make the game buggy, though that is not surprised as Obsidian... was not shining in programming department). Many of things people love in NV was only possible because Obsidian could focus 80% of their resources on story-writing and world-building and could ignore most of technical aspects.

ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:45 am

Yeah, NV is VERY unstable even today when they had loads of time to sort it out... they just didn't finish it. Whether it was Bethesda's short timescale or Obsidian and their poor coding (Alpha Protocol was an all time low imho... didn't even give you a jump button so walls of 2cm blocked progress) I just know that I preferred Fallout 3 to NV. If NV wouldn't keep falling over (360 version) it would be superior to Fallout 3. As it is, they tried to do too much with last gen platform and it showed. Frame rate stuttering, glitches galore and so many crashes to desktop that it drove me nuts.

Regarding Fallout 4... I am REALLY enjoying my playthrough.... More so than NV and way less crashes.

April

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Sure I can. I can go north and get eaten by a deathclaw, or I can go east and get eaten by a deathclaw, or I can go west and bump my nose on the edge of the map or I can go south and play the game. If you choose your route carefully you can get eaten by a radscorpion instead. If you're really clever you can sneak through the mountains at the north-west edge of the map and get eaten by cazadores. I'm not saying there isn't some variety available. Just that it tends to center on a theme of being devoured by monsters that are massively more powerful than you are.

The downside of having deathclaws being formidable killing machines that can't be stopped without mad skillz and really good gear is that they can't be stopped without mad skillz and really good gear. Which you don't have as a starting character.

So, assuming you want your toon to survive for more than 10 minutes, the choice is pretty much south or south. However you look at it, it's a lot more restricted than it is in FO3

Miss K

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:29 pm

And quite a few people like NV better. Particularly those of us who wanted to see a Fallout game made by people who actually GET what Fallout is.
Charity Hughes

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:18 am

Agree.

Do not be expecting miracles from Obsidian. A new Fallout by this studio it will be basically a F4.

Of course, it has the advantage that the writers of Obsidian are not mentally [censored], but still, will be a F4 with same mechanics, no skills, dialogue weel, etc.

Miguel

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:06 am

What? The game is pretty easily do-able even in hardcoe mode.

Astargoth Rockin' Design

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:16 am

I'm sorry, is that "the game is pretty easily do-able even in hardcoe mode and even when you try to sneak past the deathclaws at level one"?

Or did you mean "the game is pretty easily do-able even in hardcoe mode, so long as you go south at the start like you're supposed to".

If you meant the first one, I'm going to have to disagree with you. If you meant the second, well, that's basically my point.

Luis Longoria

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:24 am

I liked both games, but prefered NV over FO3 for various reasons. I would love to continue the west-coast/east-coast thing. Personally, I felt there was a more humerous/campy vibe around New Vegas that I prefered.

Ian White

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:58 pm

While I'd rather they kept doing their own things, I wouldn't say no to a new Obsidian Fallout. But I do have this vain hope that they get to try out other forms of gameplay and not just reiterate and spice up the Bethesdian sandbox FPS core like they did with New Vegas. Bethesda's doings have pushed the series so far off the deep end that it'll be hard for Obsidian to fix it properly through just reiteration and an attempt to compete with how Bethesda does its things.

Rachyroo

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:26 pm

Sneak, run, lure some living bait into them, that's up to you. But you CAN do it.

You're not even going to encounter Deathclaws THAT easily, anyway.

Amy Siebenhaar

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:19 pm

It's the Bethesda forums... what did you expect? Many people here are going to hate New Vegas simply because it's not made by Bethesda... out of some misguided sense of loyalty to them. If you go to the Obsidian forums, and other RPG communities and ask this question you'll likely get the exact opposite reaction. New Vegas is held in very high regard outside of the Bethesda community.

I rolled my eyes at some of the complaints leveled at New Vegas in this thread, but at the end of the day I don't really care what other people think about it. I personally like all of the Fallout RPGs, and don't consider any of them garbage, but I guess I'm strange like that. :shrug:

Laurenn Doylee

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:57 pm

Very true. We live in a strange time where undying allegiance is pledged to corporations that make stuff.

Kelly John

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:48 am

When you say your a level 74 it blows my mind. I read in another thread that a guy was 124. How many hours have you put into the game already? I'm curious. I've spent around 40, and I'm a 25.

Syaza Ramali

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Honestly it wouldn't even take that much to at least satiate my desire for a better offering. Like, just hire MCA now that he's left Obsidian and make him creative lead.

Imy Davies

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:32 am

New Vegas' story was a lot better and a lot richer.

As a huge Fallout 1 and 2 fan, Fallout 3 was kind of a let-down. The quests were kind of boring and there weren't any real moments to remember... and the ending, don't even...

When NV was published it looked and felt like just an expansion to Fallout three which had been a let down. I gave it a quick try and after an hour or two I quit. Eventually though, like closer to a year after the release, I was bored and got NV and all it's DLCs and decided to give it another try. Yes, the world was a dester and as such kind of a boring place to be, but the conversations, events and quests were a lot richer than most in Fallout 3. You had more endings with the factions and even slightly different possible endings for each faction. I'm not even sure how many endings there are in total - and I don't mean the slide-show.

All in all New Vegas had great quests and imho was far superior to Fallout 3. Especially if considering how hard it must have been to make a desert interesting. I'm still to finish Fallout 4, but due to my stupidity of postponing the main-quest and exploring the world instead I've ran to the point where the quests are mainly boring. I hope this will change. For sure when I saw the Brotherhood of Steel arriving and all those Vertibirds around, it was a moment of amazement. If stuff like that keeps happening I'm sure this will be great.

Dawn Porter

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:23 am

fallout 4 makes NV look like there's nothing on the NV map at all or anything to do.

D IV

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:11 pm

NV was inferior to fallout 3 and is super inferior to fallout 4

Thema

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:03 pm

''Stop liking what I don't like''

SiLa

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Which is ironic since his profile picture is Spock.

Add Meeh

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion