[RELZ] Julan, Ashlander Companion

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 4:41 am

I'm on my way to Gnisis from Ald-ruhn battling Nix Hounds on the way, and decide to talk to Julan. Crash. I try it again. Crash.

Do you have any idea what's going on?

Have you tried going there without Julan to make sure he's responsible? for the problem?

Edit: Oh, and I see my spin-off was well received. Does that mean it's earned a potential appearance if there ever is a Bloodmoon dialogue addition to Julan? :lol:

-DL :chaos:
Julie Ann

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 8:02 pm

I was able to speak with anyone but Julan. Once I got to Gnisis everything went back to normal.
DeeD

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 11:04 pm

I was able to speak with anyone but Julan. Once I got to Gnisis everything went back to normal.

Oh talk. I thought you said take! :facepalm: My mistake.

-DL :chaos:
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 2:21 am

Using the CS, delete the Julan who's in front of Ghostgate, and put him in the rough area of where you were when crashes occurred. Then double click him, and bring up his Dialogue box. Go to his greetings, and see if there's anything suspect near the top.

Don't save this, of course, but it is an easy way to check to see if he's got some buggy dialogue for "West Gash Region" or something.
Farrah Lee

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 11:20 am

Bit of help here, please? I just updated some master list files in some save games, and when I start the game, I get
"Unable to locate reference for global script 'KS_Julan_Interv'."
SiLa

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 6:04 am

I believe that message means that Julan cannot use the Intervention spells. I also think it makes your game crash if you try to use an intervention spell with him following you.

That is all I know.
luke trodden

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Oh, so that's why it started to crash recently when I teleported with Julan from Solstheim to Balmora -_-

And? How should I fix it? I use the MultiMark mod, could that be the source of the problem? But I've installed it way before installing Julan, and it worked for a while :(
A recent mod I've added is "Reduced (Passing) Commentary Mod v.1 ", could that be it?
Jessie Butterfield

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 11:12 am

If it is unable to locate the reference for the script, it might mean that your Julan isn't the real Julan. If you target him with the console, look at the numbers behind his name: does it say 00000000 or 00000001? Scripts will usually only work with the original reference, 00000000.

If you've got a doppelganger accompanying you, I'm not sure whether it's possible to make him the Real Julan™. There might be something to do with Wrye Mash.
Love iz not

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 12:13 pm

And? How should I fix it?
I'd try talking to him, topic --Together, and telling him to meet somewhere else if possible, then go take him again.
Oceavision

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 6:35 am

Julan just randomly wanders, I've tried telling him to stop, follow me, stop again, then follow me, no matter what, he only wanders, halp!
neen

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 4:37 am

Fantastic.. I found out that when I get those errors, all I have to do is to send him back to Ald Skar and it's ok afterwards ^^
Spoiler
yet I found it weird that after "making love" to him he doesn't say anything unusual or funny :P

Marine Arrègle

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:29 am

Don't work :(
Laura Ellaby

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Julan just randomly wanders, I've tried telling him to stop, follow me, stop again, then follow me, no matter what, he only wanders, halp!

1) Open console.
2) Select Julan.
3) Type "startcombat player" (without the quote marks.)
4) ???
5) Profit.

That normally works for me.
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 6:24 am

That kind of sounds like he'll attack me right away but I'll try anyway :)

He did call me an N'Wah but it did work :D
naana

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:50 am

If he starts to attack when you do that, just open up the console again and type stopcombat and press enter. He should stop fighting. The startcombat command resets his AI, which should fix most problems with him.
Tom Flanagan

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 12:33 am

Hey Kateri (I was tempted to call you "Kat" for some reason, though I decided against it. I hope you don't hate me for even thinking of it...I know some people are very touch about this kind of thing. :blink: )

I am still busy downloading mods, and found some new, interesting ones, like ones where you run a business. Now, I know it would be impossible to have Julan comment on each one of those...but one of them struck me as maybe worth a try: Vvardenfell Druglord. I just can't imagine Julan standing by without comment when you're producing and selling Skooma to the public. :P

Just a nod, in case you might want to consider it. :lol:

- ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
Rex Help

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Just started playing Morrowind after a two year hiatus, and I have to say that this mod is the best I've played. Maybe ever. Absolutely amazing job.
Danii Brown

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 6:04 am

Hi there,
I just installed the Julan Ashlander Mod and I visited Julan at the ghostgate and saved him. There seems to be a problem, however! Julan is on the floor sideways and can't move. He just sits there trying to follow my character with his little legs going all over the place. The dialog seems to work fine but he's still stuck. Any idea what might of caused this? This mod seems great and I can't wait to play it!

Guppygirl
oliver klosoff

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 6:55 am

open console, click on Julan, and write "startcombat player" ;) (after he gets fixed type "stopcombat")
Or simply teleport to an exterior cell and he'll appear next to you, fixed.
Isaiah Burdeau

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 10:46 pm

open console, click on Julan, and write "startcombat player" ;) (after he gets fixed type "stopcombat")
Or simply teleport to an exterior cell and he'll appear next to you, fixed.

Hi I tried these things and they didn't work, he's still stuck.
james tait

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 6:22 am

Plangkye had this issue as well, but I don't know if she fixed it.

It's something that's only ever been reported in the last month or so, never before, so I suspect an issue with another recent mod or utility. Maybe you can compare your setups and mod lists?
Kit Marsden

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 pm

I fixed it by removing Julan from my save, opening him up in the Construction Set, getting rid of the animation attached to him, and starting over with him. I didn't figure it was a big deal because all I'd have to do was rescue him from the clannfears again, so I wasn't really losing any progress. Mind, he was a lot livelier in combat once I took away the animation, and almost didn't need my help...
David John Hunter

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 11:49 pm

I love Julan and have played him all the way through before, (I am playing as a male and want to see how the "buddy/buddy" non-romance story-line is (though my bisixual character is harboring some serious attraction to him lol) but for some reason, now, whenever I have him wait somewhere, he attacks me, and interestingly enough, he will NOT stop attacking me even if I type "stopcombat" in the console after clicking on him. Does anyone have any ideas? For now, I just keep casting a calming spell on him and he rejoins with no problems and is fine until the next time I have him wait. I keep needing to have him wait because I am currently rising through the ranks of the Temple and I don't want to keep taking him to Red Mountain before he is ready.
Cedric Pearson

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 2:48 am

I love Julan and have played him all the way through before, (I am playing as a male and want to see how the "buddy/buddy" non-romance story-line is (though my bisixual character is harboring some serious attraction to him lol) but for some reason, now, whenever I have him wait somewhere, he attacks me, and interestingly enough, he will NOT stop attacking me even if I type "stopcombat" in the console after clicking on him. Does anyone have any ideas? For now, I just keep casting a calming spell on him and he rejoins with no problems and is fine until the next time I have him wait. I keep needing to have him wait because I am currently rising through the ranks of the Temple and I don't want to keep taking him to Red Mountain before he is ready.

Not sure about this one! Have you tried this in the console? : setfight 30
Kira! :)))

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 1:55 am

Not sure about this one! Have you tried this in the console? : setfight 30

Woohoo! THANK you so MUCH! It WORKED!!! That was bugging me to no end. And I was on the verge of starting all over. Thanks! first did "setfight 30" and then "stopcombat" and it worked!
Kahli St Dennis

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind