Lonewander vs courier vs vault dweller vs chosen one. Who wi

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:16 am

I think we should pit them all in a Hunger Games-esque arena. Who would win there? Vault Dweller and Chosen One has the Outdoorsman skill, and the Courier has Survival... so that's a downside to the Lone Wanderer.
Lovingly

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Vault Dweller & Chosen One saved the entire (Fallout)World on separate occations.... The Lone Wanderer and even The Courier's achevements are... well... more "Local".
Single-handedly obstructing a (second) Mass Extinction can't really be beat.
If The Vault Dweller failed; everyone died.
If The Chosen One failed; everyone died.
If The Lone Wanderer failed (or turned "Evil"); everyone (in the DC area) got a little sick....(?)
If The Courier didn't interfere; Caeser would conquer the Mojave with maximum bloodshed. (nothing more, nothing less)

(And if The Vault Dweller failed; The Chosen One woudn't have been born and the world would have died three times in all)

So for saving the world once directly and once by proxy; We can conclude that The Wault Dweller is the ultimate Fallout Hero, and would therefor kick the others butts. ;D
Olga Xx

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Your argument is flawed in that by using your logic, Adam and Eve are the most badass humans ever because without them, nothing else would've happened. Nevermind that Albert Einstein thought-up some of the most revolutionary theories of physics of our time or that Bruce Lee was a walking slaughterhouse: Adam and Eve managed to have six and eat apples!!! They are truly gods amongst men.
Life long Observer

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:57 am

Your argument is flawed in that it uses completely mythical characters. A better argument would be that the first aminoacid that formed is THE MOST BADASS THING IN THE HISTORY OF EARTH.

Maybe it is, to be honest.
Peter lopez

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Did... did you just pull Christianity into the debate? Seriously?!
You compare The Bible's creation mythology to Computer Game Charaters.

wow, just... wow...

Well, i think that goes without saying.
Rachel Tyson

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Whoosh.
anology, perfectly valid.
Quick draw II

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:31 pm

Well, i that case... Allah pointed to Muhammed as the perfect man and Jehova selected Moses to save his chosen people. I guess this would constitude valid arguments aswell?

Edit: Let's please just keep it within the gaming world.
Andrew Tarango

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:18 pm

Brb while I try to find a fitting facepalm.jpg to post here.
R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 pm

It's really a battle of the couriers,chosen one and the vault dwellers knowledge vs the lone wanderers tech.

So M.I.R.V>>>>> Intellect :tongue:
Calum Campbell

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Nevertheless, his anology is perfectly valid.
Noely Ulloa

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:49 am

1) In a hunger games scenario he wouldn't have a M.I.R.V.

2)Assuming he did, Courier would get Turbo and his own weapons of choice (Esther/Suppressed AMR/Whatever else). Turbo>Everything.
teeny

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:44 am

Well, it's both stories...
Latisha Fry

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:43 pm

Which is a severely ignorant statement given that the Courier both has Esther, which is a superior, more-diverse version of the MIRV, along with other forms of tech like Implant GRX, Turbo, the Pulse gun/LAER, etc etc etc...
If the Courier and the Lone Wanderer fire mini-nukes at each other, you better believe the Courier might be able to safely run the hell out of the area before they hit the ground thanks to Turbo. The Lone Wanderer? He's basically screwed. And this also isn't even counting that the Courier is the quicker draw of the two, and thus shoots first/can shoot the MIRV right out of the Lone Wanderer's hands, or even shoot the mini nukes down mid-flight.
ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:55 am

Chosen one.
Brooke Turner

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:36 pm

True but they both have to eat, apparently the Lone Wanderer is a godlike super being that never has to eat and can regenerate by eating 200 year old tv dinners.
Rebecca Clare Smith

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Well, you don't have to eat in the other games either, really. You don't have to have hardcoe in New Vegas :P

If we do it like the Hunger Games, there won't be any guns. So who is best at melee and/or hand-to-hand? The Chosen One could be a pro-boxer, if that is canon. And the Courier knows a lot of tricks in hand-to-hand, if it's canon that he learnt them. The Chosen One and the Vault Dweller also know that the eyes and the groin are valid targets (they fight dirty), they also know how to kick with their legs.

Things are looking grim for the Lone Wanderer... but what is this? VATS? Oh, of course, the built-in insta-win system! The other ones won't even have time to throw a swing as the Lone Wanderer freezes time, targets the head, teleports right to his enemy and punches him right in the noggin! If his opponent would find an opportunity to retaliate, his punches will barely hurt the Lone Wanderer as long as he has the ability to manipulate time.
StunnaLiike FiiFii

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Personally I feel the fight would come down between the Chosen One and the Courier and the two of them would probably just talk out their differences and go hit the strip/New Reno.
Sasha Brown

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:59 pm

I think they would all unite and rule the Wasteland as kings. Either that or the showdown of the century. :starwars:
Red Bevinz

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:32 am

I would have to say lonewanderer or courier. However Chosen one didn't really get a chance because he wasn't in a game nearly as complex as FO:3 and NV
Wayland Neace

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:08 pm

Lone wanderer easily. He destroyed two enclave main bases, was fighting in the great war, repelled alien invasion what alone is bigger archievment than any other fault dwellers combined. :)
MatthewJontully

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Lone Wanderer is most unbalanced, overpowered character in the series. He/she can be most inteligent, strongest, fastest, luckiest, guy in the world or just explode like nucklear bomb (and survive it). Bethesda probably wanted to create gamer called "Lone Wanderer vs DC universe".
Nicholas C

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:07 am

Have you read the Lone Wanderer's "intelligence" dialogue? There's nothing intelligent about him.

Anyway I'll have to go with either the Vault Dweller or the Chosen One, their accomplishments are the most impressive, and they have longer and harder journeys than the Lone Wanderer and the Courier.
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:01 am

I'm talking about really bad perks in Fallout 3. Level 30 and you can say "FU" to rest of RPG system. Choosing special points was like making copy of real people in the game. 4 points of strengh? That mean your character shouldn't fight with knife. Perception 10? He can shoot people in the eyes from far away with pistol. But this broke entire idea! LW win only because someone wanted play as demi-god.

I think the most inteligent character of all those is the Courier. He/she now how to use brain and he/she's doing it very often. Some of ideas from that inteligent guy are really clever, like Doctor 0.

LW has never good talk it is more like Morrowind topics changed into lines.
Melanie

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:27 am

The Chosen One took on and beat the Enclave when they were at their full strength, the Lone Wanderer just finished them off.

He didn't fight in the great war. He entered a trooper combat simulation that was designed to be beaten. It wasn't even truly accurate to the actual events.

Fighting the aliens wasn't that impressive. He had lots of help, and the aliens weren't prepared for an attack. Beating the Master, beating the Enclave, surviving and robbing the Sierra Madre, and walking the Lonesome Road are all more impressive feats.
Cathrin Hummel

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:14 pm

Fixed that for ya.
Madison Poo

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion