Lonewander vs courier vs vault dweller vs chosen one. Who wi

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:05 am

i don't even think they'd fight, or my protagonists wouldn't, it would be like the end of lonesome road all of them teaming up to defend their time/space machines from...supermuntants, enclave, dumber super muties, and the legion.

But to play the game i'd go with the wanderer, the courier seems to be more along the lines of a smooth talking gambler/cowboy, and i'm fairly sure the other two are dead by the time of the last two. Also the lw will basically master every fighting discipline (look at all those skill points in f3) and is probably wearing the newly made hellfire armor which i think looks the coolest.

as you can see my argument based on opinion is foolproof lol
Eric Hayes

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:12 am

The arguement is if they were all alive at the same time. And the Chosen One could be alive (granted--at least in his sixties or seventies).
Evaa

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Might as well ask who would win between Super Man or Goku. No matter how you answer, you're just going to piss off a lot of people. I'd probably put my caps on the Courier, but this would be one of those fights of legend that lasts for days on end, with no real winner and a new giant hole in the ground.
Ebou Suso

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:40 pm

It was stated that Goku would win. It was proven with math this one time.

I don't know about this whole "one giant hole in the ground." The courier meeting Ulysses was suppose to be that type of level in terms of epicness. The way it was worded throughout the game is that it would be a big battle, whether they fought eachother or just the large amount of marked men. The courier is a pretty cool guy. But the Vault Dweller ended up defeating an entire super mutant army with pretty much no help. (Ian died to a flamethrower if I remember correctly)
Lisa Robb

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Okay, even if it's 1v1v1v1, orbital laser. Courier would win. I don't know if you ever programmed the Artimis II, or found the C-Finder, but it was literally a beam of pure blue energy fired from a satalite. Or, the Holy Frag Grenades. Those kill literally anything in one hit. With no skill required. There are even 3 of them. One for each of the others. I love all the main characters, including the initiate, but I gotta say, Courier wins this one, because of the mega-powered weapons you can find.
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:36 pm

lone wanderer.
felt most "me".
Arrogant SId

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:24 pm

:trophy: for the win
Mel E

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:48 pm

you know thats actually a really good point
LW and CO were followers, Vault Dweller and Courier were more independent
Maeva

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:06 pm

and you know...fair is fair, Doc Mitchell is one hell of a doctor. Give that [censored] trophy to him
daniel royle

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:51 am

The Courier doesn't necessarily have to be a follower. At least, not any more than the Vault Dweller was in serving V13, or the Chosen One with Arroyo. The Courier and the Lone Wanderer also have DLCs in which they aren't followers. Not that being a follower makes you weaker. The Warrior is a follower, but that doesn't stop him from being just as dangerous as the rest.
Chase McAbee

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:02 am

Re-read his post, he agrees with you.

He said the Lone Wanderer and the Chosen One were followers, the Vault Dweller and Courier on the other hand acted more like leaders. Those two took the initiative several times and did things their own way, whereas the Lone Wanderer and Chosen One typically follow orders.

For example the Courier wants to fix ED-E of his own free will, the Courier can simply choose to lock Elijah in the vault as his idea and his idea alone, Lonesome Road itself is a journey the Courier opted to take simply for himself, and the Courier ultimately has a choice of who to support and, in the case of Indy, calls all of the shots.

And while it may not make you physically or even intellectually weaker, there is a certain strength in being resolute in your actions, being able to call shots and make decisions without waiting for the influence of others. I mean if the Courier, Lone Wanderer, Chosen One and Vault Dweller were to meet and for some reason realized they had to kill each other despite not wanting to, I'd bet you the Vault Dweller and the Courier would shoot first while the Chosen One and LW thought about and waited on someone to come up with an alternative solution.
Robert Bindley

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Chosen One.

I've played all the Fallout games a lot. 1 on 1, Chosen One would win in my opinion. He had the roughest upbringing, and had to do most of the work himself and without relying on others and was the direct decendant of another badass, the Vault Dweller. Liquid awesome flows through his veins instead of blood. He could get tough enough to kill an advlt Deathclaw with his bare hands. Like Bruce Lee and Muhammed Ali in the same body. They're all very capable, but my money is on the Chosen One. He did it all without nuke guns and overpowered companions.
!beef

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:18 am

The Vault Dweller was born and raised in a Vault as well and had to go out and face the horrors (The Master's Army of SM and other evils) of the wasteland with very few supplies and in the end he wasn't allowed to go back home. All to get his people clean drinking water.

Then in Fallout 2 the Chosen One has to go and get a GECK to save his people and fight the Enclave.

So Fallout 3's story is just Fallout and Fallout 2 mixed up and set in DC. Leave Vault 101 to find dad. Fight super mutants, find a GECK to aid in getting clean water, fight the Enclave, can't return to Vault 101.

Also the Lone Wanderer didn't sacrafice himself thanks to Broken Steel.
Baby K(:

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:28 pm

I agree with all of this. When I replied to his post, I accidentally mistook CO for Courier instead of Chosen One. You are right, I do agree with him. T'was a stupid mistake.
jason worrell

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:16 am

Omg just think of all 4 being 100 speech pacifists.......
Joey Bel

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Omg just think of all 4 being 100 speech pacifists.......
Claire Vaux

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:02 pm

I don't agree on the chosen one being a follower. He does more and fights more then pretty much all the other choices. In his hands the fate of more people rested,/and or was changed. Not only that he became the new leader of the New Arroyo settlement a big and influential place in the NCR IIRC.
Syaza Ramali

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Vault Dweller - I like the feel of being exposed to a harsh world after living a sheltered life. Gopher calls it Tolkienesque and I have to agree that I like the feel.

That said I would love to be able to become a courier and do that as a job. Radiant Story could do wonders for that. "Hey you! You a courier? Good, take this package to X location. DO NOT look inside. Get it there safely by noon tomorrow and you'll get a bonus." How cool would that be?
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Goku powered up to Super Saiyan 4 for the win!
Samantha Wood

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:25 pm

I'd have to say The Vault Dewller. Without him, Courier, and the Chosen One, maybe even The Lone Wanderer(because the Brotherhood came from West) would have no story. Also, the Western/Mid-Western would still be less than what it is now(maybe). In Fallout, he's the one who started 'civilization' as we know it. Even if the Vault Dweller never made his story, the BoS, or the NCR would be weaker/would be behind in time trying to take on The Master AND the Enclave without the heroes help. Plus, the Lone Wanderer wouldn't have the help of BoS, nor Liberty Prime to find his father, and help save the Capital Wasteland.
Yvonne Gruening

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:41 am

Yes. Because of the Vault Dweller, The Master wasn't able to do his plan. And Tandi wouldn't be saved without him. However, I wouldn't know how the Brotherhood would survive if The Master took over. Would they let the mutant threat spread? Eye Dee Kay

But the imagine if all four of them were to be resurrected from the dead and were as strong as they were in their prime, who would win then?
Steven Nicholson

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:53 am

I'm surprised you guys mentioning allies have forgotten a few of the Couriers. One, Mr. House, for example....
Victor Oropeza

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Mr.House isn't an companion of the Courier or even an ally really. The Courier is working for House. Also House isn't much of an ally if he was one.
Catherine Harte

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:34 am

Wow, I'm surprised how long this has gone on. I guess I'll lock it since no ones responding anymore. :down:
Amber Hubbard

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:47 pm

The Courier.

That is who I'm siding with.
stevie critchley

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion