Major bugs caused by v1.5!

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:21 am

Ah okay. I didnt' do anything special like that.

Can you think of anything that would account for the behavior in the .esp version?

Thought I answered that before? navmeshes are objects and thus are afflicted by the bugs in v1.5.
El Khatiri

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Thought I answered that before? navmeshes are objects and thus are afflicted by the bugs in v1.5.

Alright, I missed that reply apparently.

For what it may mean, I saw something like this with interior navmesh in 1.4.
Darren Chandler

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Some people are already calling the new DLC due May 5th "Borken Steel"
because of the 1.5 patch :P
CArla HOlbert

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:04 am

Well I tested v1.4 and I didn't get the crash, first time I've heard of this crash outside of v1.5... do you have a copy of that mod ya can send me or is it still up somewhere? Wouldn't mind trying to see what the problem actually is...

d6 pack:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2872

and here's a patch for the d6 pack that describes some CTD issues:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3221

Discontinued boss addon (this is probably the best one to look at):

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1931

Behemoth Ants has been blocked.
Miss K

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:19 am

because of the 1.5 patch :P

I feel kinda bad for the dev people, that this one thing just went through on them. I have been deliberately using 1.5 and playing the game with it, and I really do promise you, it has nice things in it.

For example, I positively know now that the way that followers would trap you miserably at doors when you pass through them has been changed, and they no longer do this. They are spread out in front of you. Even the Rivet City front door is fine, and that was among the worst spots in the game for this. Phalanx' "make a hole" command is something of a relic now, which I'm not complaining about. And they did it cleanly in the executable, not using tricks with the doors and so on. And, VATS is great. It's sorta like... damn. I like it, but, yeah, don't let Deisha take her armor off, omg.
Kate Schofield

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:11 pm

because of the 1.5 patch

no reason at all, the normal name is perfectly suitable.
suzan

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:11 pm

I don't have any outdoor mods, so I installed the 1.5 patch and look what I've got, the floor leading to my Megaton home disappeared, I saw an eyebot stuck half-way in the ground, a scorpion got stuck behind some trees trying to chase me and then just kind of gave up until I got right next to it, the danger went to caution even though I was right there, and finally in my inventory the Rad-Away was blank, opening and closing the pipboy brought it back. No crashes on save, but closing the game and reloading restored the floor.

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u346/yahooanswersphotos2/ScreenShot275.jpg
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:46 am

do any of you think gamesas is actually releasing patches in reverse order?
naome duncan

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:26 pm

I suppose that would explain why I didn't notice any save-related crashes when saving with CASM - it uses FOSE's http://fose.silverlock.org/fose_command_doc.html#con_Save function port of the http://geck.gamesas.com/index.php/SaveGame console function.

Cipscis

I still crash on save using your aplication or the console. :(
Riky Carrasco

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:18 am

I still crash on save using your aplication or the console. :(

I had a savegame with a crash-on-save using 1.5.

My .esp at the time had some corpses in it that had been spawned by a white-colored leveledlistmarker doohickey, and that leveledlistmarker had not been clicked-on as persistant ref.

I went into my .esp and clicked it as persistant ref.

I stopped crashing in that game after that, and I think it was that change that fixed it.
cutiecute

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:32 pm

do any of you think gamesas is actually releasing patches in reverse order?

I think they have a chimpanzee sitting in a room full of little golf balls with numbers on them. Whenever it comes patch time they have him pick a ball and they release the patch associated with that number.
keri seymour

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:17 pm

lol.. you guys are really hard on a company that has offered you a 50 dollar game

:shrug:

i understand the dilemma.. i am pissed too

although.. i am getting the 1.5 "save CTD's" crashes badly. it's hurting me during modding. mod--- then test then save--- CRASH.. restart mod then test .. mod some more.. test .. mod CRASH. Say screw it and decide to kill something because i am pissed, play for an hour, hit F5----- CRASH.. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :brokencomputer:

sometimes it's EVERY TIME I SAVE, for a good couple hours on end... living off of auto-saves is not the way to play/mod.

i KNEW it was the patch right when quicksaving, and it crashed...
is it possible to revert to a lesser patch? i will check myself.. I should have in the first place.

no big deal.. i am thinking about a serious reinstall. and then a early patch from the nexus or just deal with NPC's randomly dying in the vanilla game and relying on the unofficial patches....

something about this tells me it is a very isolated incident, because i pvssyd with yossarian and kristjin, and they updated to 1.5 --but have not had a single issue... no save crashes.
what is the underlying reason for this???
anyone know??

anyways... i am looking at all the mods i use.
i have 98 in my load order.. and i have checked for inconsistencies in all the mods.. none apparent, small overwrites, but nothing major... (but fair warning!-- i am still a novice at best).

i hope this gets resolved... I personally think the problems with master .esm's before the 1.5 patch were non-existent.. I only had a crash with a lot of major cell loadings, but this is something terrible. completely DESTROYS the game for me.

i have a good computer, and nothing has ever caused me this many problems with a bethesda game.. except a virus heh.
Leanne Molloy

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:21 am

lol.. you guys are really hard on a company that has offered you a 50 dollar game

:shrug:

i understand the dilemma.. i am pissed too

although.. i am getting the 1.5 "save CTD's" crashes badly. it's hurting me during modding. mod--- then test then save--- CRASH.. restart mod then test .. mod some more.. test .. mod CRASH. Say screw it and decide to kill something because i am pissed, play for an hour, hit F5----- CRASH.. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :brokencomputer:

sometimes it's EVERY TIME I SAVE, for a good couple hours on end... living off of auto-saves is not the way to play/mod.

i KNEW it was the patch right when quicksaving, and it crashed...
is it possible to revert to a lesser patch? i will check myself.. I should have in the first place.

no big deal.. i am thinking about a serious reinstall. and then a early patch from the nexus or just deal with NPC's randomly dying in the vanilla game and relying on the unofficial patches....

something about this tells me it is a very isolated incident, because i pvssyd with yossarian and kristjin, and they updated to 1.5 --but have not had a single issue... no save crashes.
anyone know??

anyways... i am looking at all the mods i use.
i have 98 in my load order.. and i have checked for inconsistencies in all the mods.. none apparent, small overwrites, but nothing major... (but fair warning!-- i am still a novice at best).

i hope this gets resolved... I personally think the problems with master .esm's before the 1.5 patch were non-existent.. I only had a crash with a lot of major cell loadings, but this is something terrible. completely DESTROYS the game for me.

i have a good computer, and nothing has ever caused me this many problems with a bethesda game.. except a virus heh.

I just reinstalled and patched with 1.5 which made modless FALLOUT 3 run with no crashes. Then i installed some mods and started getting crashes so i checked and unchecked each one to see which ones were causing the ctds. Now am running a crash free game with the following mod setup:

FOOK 1.6
50s Pin-up Pulowski v1.2 by dbaily56
CLOSE TO FALLOUT Menu Screens 1.1 by MaFFej
Fellout - The Fallout 3 Weather Overhaul 1.0.14 by Hattix and included Sun Glare mod by LadyDeadlock
Raider Grafitti Re-worked by Shadowjack
FO3 Vault Dwellers Coffee Mug V1.0 by Mighty
NILE body mod (non-nvde)
Green World
Existence 2.0 and upgrade by Parjay
Awesome Colour Enhancer
5 Hi-Rex six & Blood Pipboy v1.0 by dbaily56
Type Writers And Terminals by Qwerty which adds letters to the keys of type writers and terminals
Nick Jase Mason

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:14 am

anyone know??

firstly...hard...I don't think so, it's what we've paid for isn't it ?

second..If you check the OP, Quarn has updated it with all the relevant, known facts (as at this time)
glot

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Mine ran fine for a few days before crashes began.
Dawn Porter

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:57 pm

mine to, because it crashes on autosave en normal save, i am stuck
Stu Clarke

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:45 am

I was just about to get the patch but quess I wont for now, anyhow if I put the broken steel dlc files in the data files without using gfw live will it then work? or does it need 1.5 to function?
Lance Vannortwick

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:58 am

anyone know??

I don't think you maybe quite understand what has happened.

If the report on persistent references is fully accurate, 99% of all modded exterior cells will be effected by this bug, that will lead to all kinds of weird crashes, bugs disappearing items etc. The only work around is to make all references in exterior cells persistent, (Many thousands in any single mod alone) which will lead to massive save game bloating and probably other issues.

All in all, don't use 1.5 or use the fake patches.
Chris Duncan

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:41 pm

I can't say I understand this. I was using 1.4 up until 1.5 came out, and then I patched, so 1.4 is what I'm used to. VATS is positively better in 1.5, for me. That sick freeze-up when starting vats is, by-and-large, gone. I think one time I saw really weird vats percentages, so it's not perfect, but yeah. Who defines what they are supposed to be changing? I appreciate that VATS is now acting better.

I've noticed other things that both the 1.4 and 1.5 patch have put in that are nice. Enemies/followers move much better in fights and it's more fluid-looking. I mentioned some other things elsewhere.

I'm still getting weird VATS percentages with 1.5 (e.g. a higher chance to hit a Bloatfly wing than its body), but it is better. I've also noticed an AI improvement. NPCs make better use of cover and use cover to reload. There's also some new visual and sound effects.

However it seems to be more unstable than 1.4. I've had a few random crashes, and my system completely locked up once. So it makes me nervous. I'm not running any mods, apart from the official DLC (offline, because the GfWL bollox steals 10 fps from me).
Farrah Lee

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:45 am

(offline, because the GfWL bollox steals 10 fps from me).

It does? Bill Gates you tewat!
Aaron Clark

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:38 am

I feel kinda bad for the dev people, that this one thing just went through on them. I have been deliberately using 1.5 and playing the game with it, and I really do promise you, it has nice things in it.

Yes ... people don't understand how complicated this stuff really is. I used (5+ years ago) to be very unforgiving of "lazy" support, but everything has gotten so much more complicated. I just sort of sigh and hope stuff gets fixed. Its also a cost issue, they can probably only hire so many serious bit-tweaking c/c++ programmers.
Unstoppable Judge

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:50 am

It may be complicated, but is it really more complicated than producing three full DLC's or the programming of the game itself? I think not.
I know debugging can be complicated, but you have to put it in perspective. It is not THAT hard. It took them three months to release a bugged patch. That's just crazy, no matter how you spin it.
Emma-Jane Merrin

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Well observed Quarn. I noticed these issues in my most recent game too, I just thought they were mod conflicts.

Screw achievements. This is getting silly Bethesda. Oh well, looks like I'm going back to 1.0.0.15 then! :)
Destinyscharm

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:22 am

Buggers up testing my mod and yes, does indeed cause bloating due to insane amounts of persistent references =/
Kevin S

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:40 am

Gah, I've been having no problems with 1.5 until I just went to Megaton; now I can't leave via the gate or fast travel without crashing >.<
John Moore

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3