[RELz] Mart's Mutant Mod 1.0 RC 1

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Excellent work.
Thanks for doing such a service for the community.
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:22 am

Hey Martigen, would using the FO3 Plugin utlility to kitbash/merge the latest MMM + FOOK Compatibility patch from your page and the MMM + FWE .esp from the FOIP page work as a temporary stopgap, or result in a completely un-recognizable kludge?

And of course, to echo everyone else in the thread, a superb piece of work on the update, mis-named folder aside :lol:
Cagla Cali

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:44 am

I don't see anything mentioning Zenl's alien model in the notes here, was it not added in this release?
Katie Pollard

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:40 pm

I just built myslf a brand new supercomputer (core i7 965 etc...) and decided to replay Fallout 3 and load up on mods. I wasn't expecting THIS. Thanks Mart! You still rock man.
how solid

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 am

Very awesome! The Deathclaw variants work perfectly together, and the Matriarch's knockback effect does a good job of keeping her challenging (even if the old dart gun strategy makes short work of her).

I was wondering about two things:

1. Could Giant Radscorpion spawns be reduced for the next release? So far every floater I've encountered was already dead from fighting one (I'm guessing floaters aren't the beefiest opponents).

2. Is there a way to use Feral Ghoul Rampage without Increased spawns(as in only increasing the number of feral ghouls)? I love the idea of fighting swarms of zombies (and I'd love to see the Feral Ghoul Raise feature), but my computer can't handle the combination of MMM+FOOK on Ultra-High when Increased Spawns is enabled.
Shianne Donato

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:15 am

Fantastic work! I'll be testing this out as soon as I get a chance.

Quick question, though. Is there a way to alter the odds of what creatures spawn in the wasteland? I'm getting really sick of fighting robots all over the wasteland, especially when you've made all these improvements to the animals and deathclaws and such. Is there a way to make robots wandering the wasteland a very rare occurrence? I wouldn't mind doing this myself, but I'm not sure what variables to change.
Louise Dennis

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:20 pm

For a bit of fun, do the following:
* Load a savegame where you haven't been to Evergreen Mills yet
* Bring down the console and enter:
player.addtofaction 21476 0
coc evergreenmillscity
* Let the Gargantuan out of his cage
The ensuing chaos, especially with Increased Spawns, with the Gargantuan's new effects is a lot of fun :)

I just tried doing that just for fun but noticed the Gargantuan doesn't appear to be hostile towards that faction. He's just standing there without doing anything. He only focuses on me when I smack him. Anything I'm doing wrong here? :)
Emmanuel Morales

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:55 am

Good stuff! Keep up the good work!
ashleigh bryden

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:25 pm

I've been having an odd problem in which you may be able to help me with, Mar. It seems the night ghouls keep locking up my game. I'm only using Fook and MMM and no matter to load order, the game will most frequently crash when it's seemingly trying to draw one of the ghouls regardless if it's behind an object. My current loadout is this..

Fallout3.esm
FOOK.esm
CALIBR.esm
Anchorage.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
ThePitt.esm
FOOK.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Spawns.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Feral Ghoul Rampage.esp
FOOK - The Pitt.esp
FOOK - Anchorage.esp
FOOK - Tougher Enemies.esp
FOOK - No Requirements for Miniguns, Gatlings, 20mm Flak.esp
FOOK - Additional Power Armor Training.esp
FOOK - Test Container.esp
FOOK - Free Play After MQ.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK.esp

Total active plugins: 22
Total plugins: 37

I know you say that MMM needs to be loaded last, but with that configuration my game did nothing but crash before I could even take control of my character.
Nathan Risch

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:52 am

is the Mart's Mutant Mod - Wounding Effects.esp missing in the 7z file for anyone else? Or is it not in the mod anymore or something?

or maybe I need to redownload it?
jennie xhx

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:21 pm

Anyone know the best place to load MMM for Fook esp.

Currently I have all Fook stuff loaded first.

After that it is basically

MMM.esp
MMM Fook esp.
all other MMM esp's

Is this okay?
Charleigh Anderson

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:54 am

is the Mart's Mutant Mod - Wounding Effects.esp missing in the 7z file for anyone else? Or is it not in the mod anymore or something?

or maybe I need to redownload it?

I could have swore that it wasn't done, and wasn't released, but I haven't gotten my hands on the latest update for MMM yet.
Del Arte

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

*sigh* time to play TC here.

@ReznikAkime

mmm's esp go at the bottom, then it's plugins, then mmm - fook.

@Kistler

Put it after mmm's plugins, tho where it is it should work anyways.

@Alyoshka

I'm not seeing it on my 7z, so... yeap, mart left it out for some reason, hope it is that he forgot it so we can have wounding awesomness sooner.
Rex Help

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Mart I hate asking but would you be able to add a few more slavers at the Paradise Falls entrance. I dont want Grouse to get torn apart by a stray Deathclaw because he almost always gets eaten. And thanks for the Fook plugin.
Claire Vaux

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:45 pm

*sigh* time to play TC here.

@ReznikAkime

mmm's esp go at the bottom, then it's plugins, then mmm - fook.

@Kistler

Put it after mmm's plugins, tho where it is it should work anyways.

@Alyoshka

I'm not seeing it on my 7z, so... yeap, mart left it out for some reason, hope it is that he forgot it so we can have wounding awesomness sooner.

Hmm, thanks for reading my entire post. That is, if you did.

As I stated IN that post, that configuration would crash the game as it was loading.
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:37 am

That configuration has no reason to crash, other than user error on the installation.
Music Show

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:53 pm

awesome update :) Lots of new stuff

maybe add some story to the womingos though...from what I'm aware (from fallout bible), in fallout 2 they were almost extinct and were on verge of dying off. Just a little annoyance I have, knowing some (very little) of the fallout lore :P Not a big deal or anything
Stu Clarke

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:37 pm

That was on the west coast, this is the east one. Situation for them here may be very different.
Adrian Powers

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:33 pm

That was on the west coast, this is the east one. Situation for them here may be very different.

ah, yeah that is true.
Kayla Bee

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:03 pm

I cannot say enough good things about MMM. If I could only pick one mod to use in FO3, this would be it.
remi lasisi

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Good work on the update. Never had such a blast in the wasteland.

There are a few problems with creatures massacring towns. Especially Girdirshade.

Despite being "hidden under the highway", they are constantly surrounded by robot and deathclaw and radscorpion spawns, not to mention an enclave camp that always has a deathclaw!

Is it possible to put some sort of protection?

Also, your inbox was full so i guess ill just put the answer here: Yes, tagging quest item on the NPC's will make the corpses permanent.

Finally, is anyone starting to miss those flying guargantuans?
Camden Unglesbee

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:06 am

I'm curious though, when you do the new FOIP patches in the near future, do you plan on releasing another one for XFO?

Absolutely :) All the FOIP modules will be updated when I get home later tonight.

Hey Martigen, would using the FO3 Plugin utlility to kitbash/merge the latest MMM + FOOK Compatibility patch from your page and the MMM + FWE .esp from the FOIP page work as a temporary stopgap, or result in a completely un-recognizable kludge?

Not if you want the universe to implode :) Er, it might seem to work but it may also save some mutant bastard meshing of data in your savegame, which bungs it up even when you get the proper module installed later.

Until I look at the latest version of FWE in relation to MMMF3 RC1, I don't know what's changed and can't recommend it.

I don't see anything mentioning Zenl's alien model in the notes here, was it not added in this release?

Nope, I'd never get this thing out otherwise! Also, it needs more work I think, for dismemberment. Will check with Zenl when he's back.

Very awesome! The Deathclaw variants work perfectly together, and the Matriarch's knockback effect does a good job of keeping her challenging (even if the old dart gun strategy makes short work of her).

I was wondering about two things:

1. Could Giant Radscorpion spawns be reduced for the next release? So far every floater I've encountered was already dead from fighting one (I'm guessing floaters aren't the beefiest opponents).

2. Is there a way to use Feral Ghoul Rampage without Increased spawns(as in only increasing the number of feral ghouls)? I love the idea of fighting swarms of zombies (and I'd love to see the Feral Ghoul Raise feature), but my computer can't handle the combination of MMM+FOOK on Ultra-High when Increased Spawns is enabled.

1. Yeah I can look at reducing them further.

2, Try setting your increased spawns max to 2 or 1. Rampage requires increased spawns because the original spawn points in the game will only ever produce one actor, IS is needed to add more.

Quick question, though. Is there a way to alter the odds of what creatures spawn in the wasteland? I'm getting really sick of fighting robots all over the wasteland, especially when you've made all these improvements to the animals and deathclaws and such. Is there a way to make robots wandering the wasteland a very rare occurrence? I wouldn't mind doing this myself, but I'm not sure what variables to change.

The robot related spawns are placed as such by the vanilla game, but I can look at mixing up their lists with wasteland spawns. Anyone else like that idea?

I just tried doing that just for fun but noticed the Gargantuan doesn't appear to be hostile towards that faction. He's just standing there without doing anything. He only focuses on me when I smack him. Anything I'm doing wrong here? :)

You didn't add the Garg to the Raider faction did you? Just add yourself, so you can sit back and watch the action without getting attacked. I can guarantee he'll go wild on the Raiders if you let him out of the cage. If he's not, there's something else you're loading playing silly buggers.

I've been having an odd problem in which you may be able to help me with, Mar. It seems the night ghouls keep locking up my game. I'm only using Fook and MMM and no matter to load order, the game will most frequently crash when it's seemingly trying to draw one of the ghouls regardless if it's behind an object. My current loadout is this..

I know you say that MMM needs to be loaded last, but with that configuration my game did nothing but crash before I could even take control of my character.

I've not heard of anyone crashing with Night Ghouls. Make sure the mod is properly extracted (all directories, overwriting old ones) and that you've installed the latest Archive Invalidation Invalidated! Re-install it, even if you have it.

As for the load order, right now you're not getting most of MMM's impact because FOOK's - Tougher Enemies is overwriting them. MMM must be loaded after FOOK. If it's crashing for you this way, it's a symptom of your game installation and not the mods. Try this: go inside somewhere with no creatures or NPCs; rest 4 days; save and quit; re-arrange the load order. If it still happens, you'll need to clean your savegame.

See my post here on how to do this: http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=&showtopic=960580&view=findpost&p=13877387

It's not done yet. I'll do this module last as it can be kinda tricky.

Mart I hate asking but would you be able to add a few more slavers at the Paradise Falls entrance. I dont want Grouse to get torn apart by a stray Deathclaw because he almost always gets eaten. And thanks for the Fook plugin.

Ok noted. From memory there are no spawn points there just unique NPCs, I'll see what I can do.

There are a few problems with creatures massacring towns. Especially Girdirshade.

Despite being "hidden under the highway", they are constantly surrounded by robot and deathclaw and radscorpion spawns, not to mention an enclave camp that always has a deathclaw!

Is it possible to put some sort of protection?

Yep. Two other towns are currently protected with the No Attack faction, I'll look into Girdirshade.
Invasion's

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Congratulations Martigen :foodndrink: on the evolution of your fantastic work and great that you got the Wannimingos and Floaters working properly. I bet the creator of these classics is also very happy hopefully applying your tweaks to his original work.
Travis

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:34 am

Is there anyway to easily develop a tougher enemies plugin similar to the esp that comes with FOOK? I'm finding that in order to play MMM increased spawns its nice to also use a mod that increases the amount of ammo and weapons you can find. At the same time I'm finding to much ammo and would love to put it to good use :)
Hearts

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:36 pm

Love this mod adds more danger to the game especially at night with all those rampaging ghouls. Would be cool if you added a super rare spawn radscorpion the size of a 747 just like in http://fallout.gamesas.com/images/vault/comic/fallout_7_sm.jpg
Emily abigail Villarreal

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3