Mermaids

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:48 pm

We have the http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Sload and their Semi Submerged continent of http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thras.
Sload are more or less slugs and toads put together with some crazy sci-fi ideas added in, like farting being able to land them on the moon. In fact, sloads have so much magical stuffs that they just rely on that, and probably have a colony on a moon. They're the result of doing drugs, kids. You'll look like 'em. I guess.

I doubt they can swim very well due to already being what would be considered highly physically disabled in real life. They can't grip anything by any means of the term. What they "grip" has to be absorbed to an extent before they can be able to hold anything. This probably takes a few days at worst. Let's not forget the fact that most of their heroes were very much too busy thinking and being cautious on "adventures".

Sload tend to be very much into necromancy, and are worse about it than any Altmer. I could see an off-shoot race of them that is more like those aquatic frog-like creatures from Shivering Iles, though. The ones that would almost always have pearls as loot, that is.
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:55 am

Sload are more or less slugs and toads put together with some crazy sci-fi ideas added in, like farting being able to land them on the moon. In fact, sloads have so much magical stuffs that they just rely on that, and probably have a colony on a moon. They're the result of doing drugs, kids. You'll look like 'em. I guess.

I doubt they can swim very well due to already being what would be considered highly physically disabled in real life. They can't grip anything by any means of the term. What they "grip" has to be absorbed to an extent before they can be able to hold anything. This probably takes a few days at worst. Let's not forget the fact that most of their heroes were very much too busy thinking and being cautious on "adventures".

Sload tend to be very much into necromancy, and are worse about it than any Altmer. I could see an off-shoot race of them that is more like those aquatic frog-like creatures from Shivering Iles, though. The ones that would almost always have pearls as loot, that is.
I meant for more the Atlantis kind of vibe since they obviously are slug people.
Steven Hardman

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:23 am

No that sounds like a horrible idea.
Thomas LEON

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:36 pm

No that sounds like a horrible idea.
you wanna give a reason why that would be horrible?
No Name

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:57 am

damn that's sixy... >_> joke

LOL! I agree.

Lets get mermaids/men in Skyrim! ^_^
Andrew Lang

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm

you wanna give a reason why that would be horrible?

I just don't feel it fits the Elder Scrolls universe at all. Especially not Skyrim anyway.
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:53 am

I just don't feel it fits the Elder Scrolls universe at all. Especially not Skyrim anyway.
I think it fits perfectly with TES, maybe not Skyrim... but if you could take a ship to a different part of Tamriel or maybe up north some more...
Albert Wesker

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:59 am

Who else thinks mermaids/men would have been a good addition to Skyrim, maybe a place like Atlantis, I suppose it would be hard to animate a mermaid swimming Though.

Merfolk in real mythology were evil creatures that tried to wreck ships (Greek mythology etc). They also were often described as having a snake bottom half instead of a fish - I guess like a sea snake.

They'd have to be an alternate option to becoming a vampire or a werewolf. That or we have the snake race of Akavir
ruCkii

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:46 am

Merfolk in real mythology were evil creatures that tried to wreck ships (Greek mythology etc). They also were often described as having a snake bottom half instead of a fish - I guess like a sea snake.

They'd have to be an alternate option to becoming a vampire or a werewolf. That or we have the snake race of Akavir
Not all Merfoke are or were evil. Now a days their greatest worries is from Sonar the US Navy keeps testing...Illegally.
jessica breen

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:00 pm

hmmm i'm not so sure..mermaids in those waters? maybe... but i don't see much point apart from the effect.
patricia kris

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:17 am

I have always wanted to explore the oceans of Tamriel more.
Boats, Giant slaughterfish, seas monsters, ancient sunken citys.
All that good stuff.
Miguel

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:57 am

Like someone suggested above, I think an underwater city would be pretty cool!
Angus Poole

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim