Mermaids

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 am

Who else thinks mermaids/men would have been a good addition to Skyrim, maybe a place like Atlantis, I suppose it would be hard to animate a mermaid swimming Though.
anna ley

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:36 am

Well, there were sea-elves in lore. And morrowind had... 0.o I forgot their name shame on me!!!

they looked like half-men half-squid and were everywhere in the water.
Kelly John

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:34 am

We sure are getting esoteric with the thread topics today.

I think the closest thing to mermaids on Nirn, are the dreugh. The squid-man things from Morrowind, & while they are awesome, & scared the crap out me, I don't know that they had cities, I totally would've welcomed them being in Skyrim though.

As for Sea Elves, the Maormer aren't aquatic, "sea" really should've been "tropical" as it refers to the fact that they live on a tropical archipelago, & tend towards watery activities such as sailing, & sea serpent taming.
Sammi Jones

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:16 am

An underwater city would possibly be interesting though, mermaid or no mermaid. Although it would kinda be unlikely for random new lore to pop out just for that i suppose :(
Alina loves Alexandra

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:33 am

yeah I didn't get very far on Morrowind, I took the stilt strider to somewhere... went in a mine, kept getting killed by the same axe wielding woman, and then I gave up. Atlantis would have been amazing!
Alex Vincent

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:26 am

Well.. We have Dreugh.

http://images.uesp.net/thumb/e/e6/MW-creature-Dreugh.jpg/600px-MW-creature-Dreugh.jpg

This good enough?
Wayland Neace

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Well.. We have Dreugh.

http://images.uesp.net/thumb/e/e6/MW-creature-Dreugh.jpg/600px-MW-creature-Dreugh.jpg

This good enough?

As a bonus, you can wear varying parts of that guy as a shield, a briastplate complete with jaunty sash, or even a stupid hat.
Amy Masters

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:34 am

Well.. We have Dreugh.

This good enough?
damn that's sixy... >_> joke
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:14 am

We sure are getting esoteric with the thread topics today.

I think the closest thing to mermaids on Nirn, are the dreugh. The squid-man things from Morrowind, & while they are awesome, & scared the crap out me, I don't know that they had cities, I totally would've welcomed them being in Skyrim though.

As for Sea Elves, the Maormer aren't aquatic, "sea" really should've been "tropical" as it refers to the fact that they live on a tropical archipelago, & tend towards watery activities such as sailing, & sea serpent taming.
Dreugh were a dominant race in the last kalpa, so they had a massive civilization. Sload are like mermaids except they aren't nice and pretty. Dreugh are the closest thing to mermaids.
Matt Gammond

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:24 pm

the Sload are like slugs aren't they? fat ones with arm like things... besides Its been 200 years, lore is bound to change!
Kayla Keizer

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Dreugh were a dominant race in the last kalpa, so they had a massive civilization. Sload are like mermaids except they aren't nice and pretty. Dreugh are the closest thing to mermaids.
Yes, but I don't know if the druegh still have cities, they're more on par with intelligent roaming monsters, than civilized beings anymore.

the Sload are like slugs aren't they? fat ones with arm like things... besides Its been 200 years, lore is bound to change!
Yup, they're slugs. Slugs so fat, that their only reliable method of transportation is levitation, or teleportation. On land at least, they swim plenty fine.
And you're right lore, changes. But, civilizations don't spontaneously appear over night.
The spontaneously disappear over night all the time, but not the other way around.
Jennifer Munroe

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:43 pm

An underwater city would possibly be interesting though, mermaid or no mermaid. Although it would kinda be unlikely for random new lore to pop out just for that i suppose :(
Good idea, we can call it Winterhold. :lmao: As for mermaids, Idon't really have any desire for them.
biiibi

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:44 pm

I don't know about mermaids, but some underwater content would be awesome.

The waters of Skyrim are kinda dead aside from slaughterfish and harvestable fish.
Taylrea Teodor

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:12 am

I'll see your dreugh and raise you a lamia. So no lore change would be necessary unless one wanted them to look different. I shan't provide a hyperlink because any decent picture will contain nudity, but they were in Daggerfall. Skyrim has relatively limited coastline so one wouldn't normally spend much time in the sea compared to an island setting or most other provinces. A quest involving a siren behind the disappearing ships and fishermen would splendid, but it could turn out to be a daedra and sirens don't have to be aquatic.
Matt Bigelow

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:24 am

I made a thread for new update ideas. You could add this to it.
CxvIII

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Skyrim has relatively limited coastline so one wouldn't normally spend much time in the sea compared to an island setting or most other provinces.
The entire northern border is coastline. It also has a cconsiderably larger coastline that Cyrodiil does.
Vincent Joe

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:33 pm

To be honest, anything could be in future DLC's. Could see it happening although maybe something to give water breathing and better visibility underwater might be needed, as well as combat underwater.
мistrєss

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:20 am

Who else thinks mermaids/men would have been a good addition to Skyrim, maybe a place like Atlantis, I suppose it would be hard to animate a mermaid swimming Though.
That's an excellent idea.
Maybe they should be associated with Winterhold. After all, most of the city was overwhelmed by some sort of tidal wave many years ago; perhaps the mermaids and their brethren have taken the underwater sections over.
Kill Bill

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 am

I like the idea of mermaids, but I don't know about mermen... It just remins me of the cover picture of Adam Sandler's Merman...
Curveballs On Phoenix

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 pm

They might need a new name. Calling them mermaids or mermen might be a bit confusing in this setting. A merman would be like, a man who's also an elf, or maybe an elf that turns into a man under the full moons.
Kate Schofield

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 pm

They might need a new name. Calling them mermaids or mermen might be a bit confusing in this setting. A merman would be like, a man who's also an elf, or maybe an elf that turns into a man under the full moons.
Is that means Elf being a were-man?? I don't know about that.
Annick Charron

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:05 am

That just makes me want to play as a merman.
Can the next dlc be about a faction of mermen who want to block out the moons so they stop turning into men?
Damian Parsons

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:58 am

That just makes me want to play as a merman.
Can the next dlc be about a faction of mermen who want to block out the moons so they stop turning into men?
Now, that sounds more interesting.
priscillaaa

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:35 am

Wiki says another name is "merewif", so that could be a possibility.Or manatee, lol. Those animals are the real mermaids after all. :biggrin:

Encountering a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceasg could be interesting too.

Is that means Elf being a were-man?? I don't know about that.
What? Nonono. Werewolf is derived from werewulf, meaning "man" (were) - "wolf" (wulf). The "were" refers to the half human side. On the other hand, "mer" in the The Elder Scrolls games means "elf". So it wouldn't add up if they called the creatures "mermaids", because in TES that would explain they're half elf half human. In the old English language meanwhile, "mere" (to which "mer" in mermaid refers to) means "sea", or at least a vast expanse of water.
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:29 pm

That would be amazing! I seriously feel like Skyrim lacks underwater content. A lot of water in the game with not much to do in it.
Blessed DIVA

Next

Return to V - Skyrim