OBGE Liquid Water

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:59 am

No, I'm aware of it. At some point in the future, albeit not immediately, it'll be fixed.

Edit: @Cogstar, I added my three favorite screenshots of yours to the tesnexus gallery, thanks!
Iain Lamb

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Concerning the lava:

I haven't been to the Oblivion Plane in ages.. So I don't remember what it used to look like.
It may just be my brain remembered lava as slowly moving... XD My bad

here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RCjomGMzYY
Noely Ulloa

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:40 pm

No, I'm aware of it. At some point in the future, albeit not immediately, it'll be fixed.

Edit: @Cogstar, I added my three favorite screenshots of yours to the tesnexus gallery, thanks!

ok cool :)
jenny goodwin

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:08 am

Cool, no rush! It looks amazing as is!

Not that you have to, but the integration of Brocah's DoF would be ummmazing.

Also, I preferred ssao_test.fx as opposed to HBAO or Volumetric.
Both HBAO and Volumetric cause some nasty artifacts on most of my NPC's hair. Something I can't quite get past as hard as I try.
The option to have ssao_test.fx with the fog fix would be killer.

I, of course, have no clue the gravity of either of those requests.. hehe.
Nathan Maughan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:27 am

Brocah's DoF? Do you mean Bokeh or is there a DoF shader I'm not aware of?

At some point, at least some of the DoF's (can't guarantee which ones though) will end up getting converted.

Also, ssao_test.fx is probably never going to get converted, as it doesn't use in-game distance so the process of converting it would make the shader even more inefficient than it already is, and it would take a lot of time to implement. Plus, including SSAO_test.fx would significantly increase loading times even for those not intending to use it.
Janine Rose

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Yes, Bokeh... *headdesk*

And alright, Volumetric will have to do. It seems to be the lesser of two evils.
bimsy

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:30 am

Liquid water, really Tomerk? What's next, "Solid land"?

Also, never did congratulate you on releasing this. So... congrats! Great job :celebration:
Rhi Edwards

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:41 pm

:rofl:
Darren

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:39 am

Also, never did congratulate you on releasing this. So... congrats! Great job :celebration:

I figured there were enough generic improvement sounding names for water mods, and this mod actually makes the water look like a liquid :P

Besides, it's better than "OBGEv2 Water Package" if you ask me :P

Edit: Also, beyond making incompatible shaders compatible and fixing bugs I've mentioned are at the moment unfixable, does anyone have any requests for the mod?
Dalton Greynolds

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:45 pm

i really like this screen shot i have taken, your more then welcome to use it if you want

http://www.users.on.net/~rastus/oblivion/Oblivion.exe%200%2007-33-55%20.jpg
K J S

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks! Also, does the water render correctly even with such a high FOV?
Brian LeHury

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 am

Also, beyond making incompatible shaders compatible and fixing bugs I've mentioned are at the moment unfixable, does anyone have any requests for the mod?

I'm sure the answer is no, but I thought it'd be fun to ask. Could it eventually be possible to show player or NPC reflections in the water?

In other news, the screenshots look great. I can't wait to try this out for myself.
Harry Hearing

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm sure the answer is no, but I thought it'd be fun to ask. Could it eventually be possible to show player or NPC reflections in the water?

In other news, the screenshots look great. I can't wait to try this out for myself.

You can, even in vanilla oblivion, with INI tweaks. http://beta.gamespot.com/features/6148788/p-2.html
Emily abigail Villarreal

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:34 am

You can, even in vanilla oblivion, with INI tweaks. http://beta.gamespot.com/features/6148788/p-2.html

Huh, I even have that set in mine, too. Sorry about that. :whistling:
Mrs Pooh

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Also, beyond making incompatible shaders compatible and fixing bugs I've mentioned are at the moment unfixable, does anyone have any requests for the mod?
Actually, it would be cool to control water height via a script or something. So you could have tides!
Rob

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Huh, I even have that set in mine, too. Sorry about that. :whistling:

yes it works here have a http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/112721609-4.jpg
Nick Swan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:33 am

i really like this screen shot i have taken, your more then welcome to use it if you want

http://www.users.on.net/~rastus/oblivion/Oblivion.exe%200%2007-33-55%20.jpg

can i have your water settings? :hubbahubba:
Benji

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:46 pm

Thanks! Also, does the water render correctly even with such a high FOV?

yep water works great with high FOV, im actually running a FOV of 60 for those images, im not quite sure how it works but it seems to automatically scale the FOV quite nicely when i run eyefinity resolutions.
mollypop

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:42 am

can i have your water settings? :hubbahubba:

default + non blue paint "fix" + the recommended ini edits for reflections.
Annick Charron

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:04 pm

Just a quick update to let you guys know:
I've made DepthOfField.fx compatible, next on the list is CrysisDoF.fx

I'm still debating whether or not to make the three bokeh DoF's compatible, as due to the amounts of depth samples in those shaders the compatibility code could end up adding enough overhead to reduce performance, possibly quite noticeably.
chinadoll

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:16 pm

Just a quick update to let you guys know:
I've made DepthOfField.fx compatible, next on the list is CrysisDoF.fx

I'm still debating whether or not to make the three bokeh DoF's compatible, as due to the amounts of depth samples in those shaders the compatibility code could end up adding enough overhead to reduce performance, possibly quite noticeably.

Excellent. DOF was the only reason I was hesitating to use this mod since I think distant land looks so blah without it but now I'm running all the OBSE features that I was using before so I'm happy for now. Will endorse soon.
Emmanuel Morales

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:03 am

where can i DL this new DOF shader from ?

cheers
Noraima Vega

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:07 am

The DL isn't available yet. It will be later, once I get CrysisDoF working also, and possible the Bokeh DoF's

Edit: Got CrysisDoF working, now I'm just waiting for Wrinklyninja's permission to release it.
james tait

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 pm

Just installed this with my fresh (and first) install of oblivion. I didn't find it difficult at all but then I'm used to the Morrowind way of installing mods.

Anyway, the feedback. I noticed a few areas of possible improvement.

- over all the water animation seems quite choppy, as if running at low fps. Let me know if it's just me or if I can resolve this myself.

- reflections flicker as I move around. Most notably to do with reflections of small/thin objects (ie:ropes on ships in anvil)

- significant banding (bad/choppy gradient) with the under water fog. Not enough colours.

- looking up through the surface from under water looks wrong, with no real blending between transparency and non-transparency. Also should (imo) be transparent at much wider angle.

- I don't really like how water just looks blurred in the far distance, though its a vast improvement. I'm not sure what effect I would like to see though.

But 1000% improvement of oblivion's water so far tomerk! Great to see oblivion's water finally getting done the right way. (Maybe some day it will be in MGE's league?)

Speaking of MGE, is there any way that the sunset could be fixed up like with MGE XE lately? The sun fading on the horizon that is. The sunset reflection on the water looks great, but I just hate how the sun fades while in veiw.

Thanks for the great work tomerk! I will be testing for you regularly while this progresses. I'll upload some nice videos when I feel it is refined enough. Maybe make a trailer or something for ya.

PS: side note while I'm posting, can anyone recommend me a HUD/UI overhaul? I just changed my FOV and everything is quite mucked up.
Marion Geneste

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:03 am

Just installed this with my fresh (and first) install of oblivion. I didn't find it difficult at all but then I'm used to the Morrowind way of installing mods.

Anyway, the feedback. I noticed a few areas of possible improvement.

- over all the water animation seems quite choppy, as if running at low fps. Let me know if it's just me or if I can resolve this myself.

- reflections flicker as I move around. Most notably to do with reflections of small/thin objects (ie:ropes on ships in anvil)

- significant banding (bad/choppy gradient) with the under water fog. Not enough colours.

- looking up through the surface from under water looks wrong, with no real blending between transparency and non-transparency. Also should (imo) be transparent at much wider angle.

- I don't really like how water just looks blurred in the far distance, though its a vast improvement. I'm not sure what effect I would like to see though.

But 1000% improvement of oblivion's water so far tomerk! Great to see oblivion's water finally getting done the right way. (Maybe some day it will be in MGE's league?)

Speaking of MGE, is there any way that the sunset could be fixed up like with MGE XE lately? The sun fading on the horizon that is. The sunset reflection on the water looks great, but I just hate how the sun fades while in veiw.

Thanks for the great work tomerk! I will be testing for you regularly while this progresses. I'll upload some nice videos when I feel it is refined enough. Maybe make a trailer or something for ya.

PS: side note while I'm posting, can anyone recommend me a HUD/UI overhaul? I just changed my FOV and everything is quite mucked up.

Thanks for the comments!
I'll see if I can smooth out the animation further.
Reflections flickering is a default Oblivion issue, not much can be done there. Increasing reflection resolution in your OBGE.ini would probably help though.
As for banding, yeah, I've noticed it too. I think I'll look into dithering at some point.
And as for blending between transparency and not when underwater: That uses actual calculations for the fresnel term, not just approximations. Believe it or not, that blending/angle is actually physically based :P
Charlie Ramsden

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion