An Oblivion RP

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:46 pm

"The scouts have returned," Sakira began, as soon as Ashina stumbled out of her room in nothing but a shawl and skirt made of the silk of giant insects. Ashina groaned, but didn't have a chance to speak. "Asha-Ammu was slain by marauders, but Ashibaal and the others made it back. They heard exactly what the others think of..."

"I don't care what the others think of me," Ashina said, taking the words out of her sister's mouth before throwing them back in her face. "Or I don't care much for what the scouts have to say. I've got my own mission."

The wisewoman stepped back as Ashina pushed past her, although she was not stunned by her sister's attitude for long and was soon in pursuit of the ashkhan.

"That's a ridiculous statement! Your own mission is the same as everyone else's - to kill Vehk and be done with the real blight!" Ashina flung a scowl back at her sister, the energy generated by the argument helping dissipate the effects of her hangover.

"No, it isn't! It is not the same as everyone else's! The Imperials brought me here under false pretences. Assamma-Idan was right!"

"He wasn't right, he accused them of trying to kill you!" the wisewoman laughed. "I was talking to him last night over dinner...from which you were absent for some unknown reason...and he was speaking as if you were being led to the gallows, laughing and joking about how you escaped!" At that, Ashina stopped her march, and whirled around. Her sister groaned, recognising the look in Ashina's eyes. "What, eh? Did I say something you didn't like? Face it, Ashina - the only person to have deceived you is yourself!"

"Then tell me why we were sent to free Vehk, if it is also the intention of Ocato to have him executed?" Ashina's sister couldn't answer, and the two merely locked their gazes. "Then tell me why Azura isn't asking me to follow my orders, and why Nocturnal, who can see all secrets, is doing the same?" Again, Sakira could make no answer. She tried, but the words lost their determination on her tongue. Ashina, enraged, pulled out the big guns. "Then tell me why they have publicly humiliated us and, as a result, our cause, in front of the Elder Council and their mightiest champions, and even our own gods, and tell me why Vehk is suddenly such a concern of theirs! They, who have refused to give their public knowledge of his existence?" Sakira stepped back, and bowed without a word.

"I challenged you for sport, Ashina," she mused. "Not for honour. But know that the Imperials could have killed you, if they'd wanted, and they have every reason. Just think about that."

Stefanny Cardona

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:40 am

"Anyway, tell me about yourself, Arthur. I'm keen for some stories of your adventuring days."

Arthur was surprised the "knight-in-command" felt so talkative today. In fact, he was in a good mood, too, despite his many (and growing) problems. He had a good night's sleep, and was well-rested and relaxed. His bats would come in any moment, and the group was in the exterior of Roxey's Inn, packing some supplies and (the younger knights), still trying to get awake themselves.

"Stories...", replied Arthur, as thinking about what to say next..."I wouldn't call them "stories", but "missions" instead. You know, it's common to have lots of them when you belong to a hated noble family whose members are mostly assasins. But I could tell you some things about the last one".

The knights stood silent. Arthur began his story. "Again, another thing they won't like about me" -he thought-, he smiled again, with his characteristic resigned and sarcastic smile.

"My last mission" -said Arthur- "was about to kill one of my kin".

Arthur noticed the knights looked at him with complete horror and repulsion in their eyes, including the "knight-commander", but it didn't made him flinch his words.

"He was one of my uncles, my mother's brother. I think his name was http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Orinthal. "Orinthal", not "Orinthal Codill", as someone who betrays our Clan has no right of wearing our Name nomore. In the past he got tired of killing people, and refused to get any job suitable for a Codill anymore, and claimed he only wanted to be only a lowly merchant for the rest of his life. Our Clan didn't tolerated that and eventually he had to flee from Skaven. He was also fascinated by the daedric lore, and especially Sheogorath's one. I must admit he was quite intelligent, by the way, as he used what he had left of his power and influence to somehow make a pact with Sheogorath and travel to the Shivering Isles. I think daedric followers can reclaim this favor to the Prince they worship, and Orinthal did it. He managed to hide in the Isles for many years, surely feeling safe from any of our Clan's retaliations, but I suppose he couldn't prevent neither even imagine that the Mad Prince himself would open a "public door" later." -Arthur laughed, maybe even too high-. "After taking some protections, I entered the Isles and went to his home on the main city of that mad world. I catched him by night, in his own home, and I left him to shake in terror before killing him. He was a traitor to our Clan, so I applied to him the worst death a Codill can bring to someone". -Arthur changed his voice to one as cold as ice- "I used that spell on him" -Arthur saw the grim on the knight's faces, although they can't ever imagine what's this spell about-. "Orinthal did already lost all his Clan's powers, as all traitors gradually lose them, so he didn't had a chance. I bet they took the Golden Saints or whoever clean the houses in that cursed world a full week working night and day to remove all the blood", -Arthur laughed again, even louder than before-.

After a brief silence, Arthur added:

"Don't get wrong with my family. We the Codills are extremely united and take much care between ourselves. I've had a happy childhood while I was in our manor in Skaven. But if there's something we simply can't stand....is treachery. And dishonor. We're pretty similar to other assasin guilds in those matters, like the Dark Brotherhood".

He nearly finished saying those words when the group heard a strange sound, like a storm of wings coming closer to them. The younger knights unshealted their swords -as Arthur KNEW they'd do-, but they soon shealthed them again, when recognized Arthur's bats.

Arthur breathed deep of pure relief. They finally arrived back.

[off-story]Part II of this very post coming soon :)

BTW, I vote to establish a rule: abilities (combat/magical) that your character doesn't have already in-game are forbidden. This rule doesn't apply to newly created chars or chars created especifically to RP on this thread[/off-story]
Robert Bindley

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:10 am

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7320/screenshot18n.jpg

"Desmodus, Vlad, Luna, at last you're here", -said Arthur to the bats-.

"Hiya Arthur! Ready for the report!", -replied Vlad-

"Yess, and pleasse ssay it ssoon Vlad!" -said Desmodus- "I want to go home and get a well-desserved nap!"

"The door iss ssituated nearly at the border with Sskyrim" -said Vlad-, "jusst north and a bit wesst of a daedric sshrine, Namirass' one. We haven't noticed anything out of ussual, except that there were no animalss closse to the Gate for many miless around it. In fact, there wass nobody closse to it, even miness, campss and cavess were totally desserted".

"I don't like that", -thought Arthur-. "Not even the slightest".

"And what about Namira's worshippers?" -asked Gavin, getting closer to Arthur and his bats-.

"They are sstill there for what we know", -replied Luna- "I think they believe their goddesss will protect them. By the way, ssteeled-man, do you think I'm cute?"

Gavin said something to Luna that Arthur wasn't able to catch. Luna got angried with him and flew back to Arthur.

"Anyway, good job, pals. But now you've to do an even better job. I've another mission for you", -said Arthur-.

"Whaaaaa? No naaap?" -replied Desmodus, dissapointed.

"You must travel to Morrowind, to the island of Vvanderfell, then locate a Dunmer woman, and give her the message I've written in this paper". Arthur tied an small paper into Vlad's toe. "You must also say I'm....a bit sorry".

Arthur then showed a bright copper amulet he had inside a bag. Then he gave it to the bats so they could sniff it to be able to track Ashina.

"She DEFINITELY won't like the news about that I stole that amulet from her" -thought Arthur. He could still recall the exact moment of the theft. At the same time he said "goodbye" to her, he introduced his hand, fast as a burst of light, into in what he supposed it was a sack of loot from her previous adventures, and extracted that amulet. "At least is nothing but a cheap trinklet", he said to himself. "although I doubt she'd like the manner how I adquired it. Oh, well, it wouldn't be like saying "hey, please, can you give me something that belongs to you? just to be sure you won't have any problems in the future". It would have sounded a bit....compromising".

When the bats finished sniffing, Arthur told them the rest of their mission.

"There's something else you must do....for her. Tag along with her group, give her some advices, and protect her. But NEVER, in any case, and I've said NEVER, IT DOESN'T MATTER THE SITUATION, not even if Ashina is going to die....don't summon HIM, as I won't be there to do the unsummon, ok?"

"Catched, bosss!" -said Vlad-.

"Hey, is that "Ass-hina" cuter than mee?" -replied Luna- Arthur, by all response, just smiled at her.

"OK, pals, you mission begins now. DISMISS!"

The three bats dissapeared as fast as ever, going straight to the East. To Morrowind.
Nice one

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:31 pm

[off-story]The bats will arrive to Ashina's position in 3 Gallowglass' posts[/off-story]
Danel

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:37 am

OOC: I sure hope you're going to give us more control over this after we enter the gate ;)

"We'll go straight through the Velothi Valley," said Assamma-Idan, fighting the winter gales that blew through the window on the small room in the gahkhanruhn in Cheydinhal, which had previously been occupied by an Altmer named Voranil who seemed to have ordered a lot of personalised bottles of skooma from the Camonna Tong. The bottles were still on the table where Ashina had left them.

Ashina herself was pacing around the room, in her armour, wasting the energy that the thought of returning to Morrowind had given her. She turned sharply to Assamma-Idan.

"And then what? There will be border patrols, Assamma-Idan. We must not be seen leaving this province. We don't want King Helseth hearing of our arrival, he'll throw everything he has at us."

"Does he know that we know Vehk is missing?" Assamma-Idan asked. Ashina shook her head, and began her pacing again.

"He would have been told," she replied.

"Then we go over Hero Hill, and then across the Boethiah's Shrine. There is a pass there that we can use to approach Andrenthis, and we can use the road from that town and head to the nearest bridge over Ouada Thir, near Balfalls."

"We'll be seen," Ashina said, picturing the route in her head. "We should go north to Riften, then across to Silgrad. We can cross to Vvardenfell near Hla Oad. That way, we don't have to sack another city." Assamma-Idan nodded.

"I'll ask the others about the route, Ashina," he said. "But what should we do with this city? The inhabitants will say where we've gone as soon as we leave..."

"Then we leave after them," Ashina replied.

Pumpkin

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:21 pm

[off-story]Yup, sorry, hehe, I wanted to develop my char's lore and maybe I've become a bit "possesive" with this thread. Anyway I planned now on concentrate to create the roles of Desmodus, Vlad and Luna, who have a far more "companion" attitude, and leave Arthur in a bit more passive scene.[off-story]
Eddie Howe

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:17 pm

OOC: When bats meet guar...
laila hassan

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Thandran looked into Rielles eyes as he thought. She was so full of courage and self righteousness but there was something else there. A fear , not of him but of something more personal. It didn't involve him so he pushed it to the back of his mind and thought about the deal. It was a very good one to say the least. He had something to do already but without help from the thieves guild he would get no where. For the time he would take the deal.
He half laughed as he thought about it and when he realized what he had done he quickly followed it up with words. "You make a tough deal miss Awora. One that can nigh be refused as a fact. I do not believe i am this "hero" that you seek that can single handed brang this all down like the great one of years ago but fear not that i will do my best to see the job through to the end."
glot

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:01 am

Lorn had a sudden flashback that was not of his own of a goblin raising a gate to oblivion itself and shivered, curse his father for using that damned spell to give him "memories" that would keep him from making the same mistakes... he was never fond of magic anyways... The goblin's appearance was stuck in his mind, with that white left hand from which it's soul had departed his body... but... Gratch was dead... wasn't he?

OOC:

BTW, I vote to establish a rule: abilities (combat/magical) that your character doesn't have already in-game are forbidden. This rule doesn't apply to newly created chars or chars created especifically to RP on this thread[/off-story]

I disagree to a point... if they truly want to learn a move then they have to train in it very hard... I'd say the equivalent of 10 practices to use it and 10 combat posts to use it in combat or for combat related things or something along those lines... in other words: if they REALLY want to be able to do something that they didn't originally add then they have to train rigourlessly to use it (on the other hand from intense training/studying, they may be fatigued and not as usefull in combat) as that seems a little RPish

((I decided to name the troll Shilleka and am putting together my party as you can see... The AA dark elf won't be french I decided))
Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:16 pm

"My name is M'oiq"
He pulled out an arrow, and meditatively twirled it in his right hand.
"I was born a bastard, but that does not concern anyone. I am a hunter, althought not too well known. My fortune is an unlucky one."
He pulled back his green hood, a colour green that was similar to the grass of Cyrodiil. He had a mane, and his eyes could instill fear.
"Sometimes when I roam around a city for too long, they'll refer to me as Marcher, Stalker, Strider, alot of names that I can't think of at the moment."
He put his arrow back in his quiver.
"If you don't mind, I want to join you, even if it does mean putting up with your.. creatures..."

Killer McCracken

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Rielle smiled at Thandran.

"Thank you Thandran. I only expect you to do your best. And with my financial assistance I expect your best to be further increased" Rielle walked, gracefully over to the large desk that took up most of the room and sat behind it in a large ornate chair and indicated that Thandran take the seat opposite her. Taking a piece of parchment from a draw and a quill from an inkpot Rielle handed ihem both to Thandran "This is your contract, it shall expire when the event is over, or until one of use decide to end our agreement. If either of the latter occurs payment will be null and void and you will recieve neither the lump sum or the pension - you can however keep any equipment you have collected"

She stood and walked over to a make-shift kitchen/bar. and poured herself a glass of imported wine "can I offer you another drink? or food perhaps while you read and consider the contract?" Rielle was expectant of this man, however, she was somewhat suspicious. He did not, like men in the past, swoon over her on sight or even when she upped her flirting. His looks were not filled with the usual envy and intimidation of power. Against her wishes Rielle found herself liking the man as a hero, she found it interesting that he could not be 'bullied' by her.

"Perhaps Master Thame, if we were to manage to gain other members of our little party, may the nine allow, then you may like to lead the expedition? You seem able, and you certainly look like you have experience in battle? Naturally your fee would increase with such an undertaking.....?" Her bright blue eyes stared into him, seeminly looking into his very soul. "We will need some sort of heirachy when the venture takes place else our little party will become anarchical and chaotic - something I wish to avoid. Of course you will still answer to me, but nobody else? And as leader you will require protection to do as you see fit. I will see that any actions you do - legal or otherwise - do not attract unwanted attention and see you thrown into some provincial or county jail. What do you say?"Rielle bought over the drink "Also I am relocating to my summer palace tomorrow, my servants are packing the possessions in my apartment as we speak, you can join me there to go over any logistics required. I will ship in the best smiths to create for you weapons and armour to my palace or you can stay here and shop in the market; what ever you chose we leave for Bruma in another four days. I will supply you with a horse if you need it. What is your decision?"
Vahpie

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:01 am

Lorn said sure as he lost his grip on the troll and it instantly jumped through the door way and over to Rielle and did what looked like a clumsy salute before Lorn realised what was happening... he grunted as he realised why the troll was so easy to tame... it had been one of the gaurd trolls they had sold her a while back... He quickly jumped at the troll and tried to pull it out of the room ignoring the fact that his foot was soaking the floor with blood from the troll's claws in its hind legs... "Sorry, Shilleka gets... erm... over excited sometimes..."
Ashley Tamen

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Thandran held her stare for several seconds than looked back at the contract , gingerly reaching out for the glass at the same time. He took a sip while reading it through. It was well written and used some words that even Thandran didn't understand. None the less it seemed in order. He placed it back on the table. The idea of leadership was a new one to him but felt right somehow. He made hos decision and voiced it to Rielle. "Your offer of...leadership is rather tempting to say the least." Thendran paused as he put down his glass. He reached across the desk and softly grabbed a writing quill from the other end of the desk.He played with it in his fingers , moving it up and down between them , his dark brown eyes locked with hers. " I would be glad to take on the responsibility for leading this expedition of yours my lady , i have no loose ends to tie as they say so i will come with you if you will allow me". Swiftly he signed his name on the line at the bottom of the contract.
victoria gillis

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:25 am

Lorn hoped the minor distraction of the Thandran would give him enough time to get away from the group before anyone would notice him but the troll wouldn't budge... finally he gave up and began to attend to his wound as it was obvious he was caught...
no_excuse

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:33 pm

crap, I am seriously not trying to double post, accident again...
Sylvia Luciani

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:17 am

Unsure of how to take his stare Rielle's mind filled with thoughts and assumptions about the man. Chiding her self for foolishly offering the man such a role when she new nothing about him bar his name.

Taking the contract from her new emplyee Rielle spoke, covering her anxiety sufficiently. But sufficiently enough she wondered?
"Excellent Master Thandran. I look forward to working with you on a higher level" she was worried about her decision, it was the first time in her life she had made such a hasty choice and was now regretting it. SHe did not doubt his leadership, she was not at all upset about offering the man the role, she was however upset that she had doe it so quickly; she hadn't even seen the other candidates.

"I assume you carry lightly and as such will not have much to take? We leave at 4:00am tomorrow. Have you a place to stay or would you require money for a hotel? If so please speak to my assistant on the way out, they are in the next room" Rielle was eager for the man to be away from her, she needed to think. "We shall meet at the gate." She stood and turned her back on him. Clearly indicating their meeting was over; she heard Thandran's chair move back and the creak of leather as he vacated the room. Then however, another noise could be heard. A large thumping. Rielle turned just as a troll broke through the door of her office and run over to her, only to be followed by anther man, who had a severly injured foot.
"Well hello there?" although initiailly shocked at this rather rude arrival Rielle was quick to regain her calm expression, eager to show that she was incontrol of the room ? something that both men knew already from the power she radiated.

"Can I help you at all?" ignoring the troll she kept her eyes firmly on the bleeding man "I am sorry to appear insensitive, but could you perhaps stand on the areas not covered by rugs. They are rather expensive?" Her eyes narrowed as the injured man looked up. She recognised him....vaguely. His face was known to her but it was as if she saw it a long time ago, or even in a dream.

"Do I know you at all?" she asked
Josh Dagreat

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Thandran slowly rose from his chair. Rielle had made it evident that she expected him to leave and he made to do so. What he wasn't expecting was that at the moment he went to leave the room the door exploded open and a tall lumbering creature broke through. Instinctively he leaped out of the way in a heartbeat pulled an arrow from his quiver , cocked his bow and drew it back to his ear, his sights not moving from his targets neck. Only than did he notice Lorn standing at the door.
Grace Francis

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:27 am

Lorn saw the carpet and jumped over to the wooden area near one of the corners as he look at his foot and realised it was bleeding and said "I don't think we've met..." obviously less then truthfully "I came here to try and sign up for a chance to help stop the ga..." he had a small twinge of pain and said "I'm sorry to be so rude but I need to attend to this." as he sat down and began to heal his foot... "help stop the gate..." He eyed the troll mouthing out something as it stared at Rielle, aside from the fact that his clan was in debt wether they accepted it or not to this woman he found her very charming and he was stuttering slightly...
Cathrin Hummel

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:41 am

"Thank you. I do apologise for the request but I was hoping to relocate the rugs into my Townhouse. May I ask your name?" Rielle was very curious aboout this man, and his trolls. She recalled when her family used trolls to guard their storage houses and trading caravans. Well at least until the incident.....

"You wish to join? I shall be most willing to let you. Here is a contract and a quill" Rielle passed the man parchment and a quill "it states everything you need to know however I am accepting queries if need be? Oh another thing, Master Thandran and myself are relocating to my summer palace to go over certain logistics - Thandran is you captain - you may join us if you wish?"

Rielle watched the man set about healing himself, an eyebrow raised. "I assume this is your....pet?" she asked indicating the troll that was not only staring at her but mouthing something to its master.
Kelly Tomlinson

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 pm

"yes, my pet... well my companion anyways..." he finished healing up the wound and hesitantly signed the paper, Lorn Rocklaner, for a wanderer his hand writing was rather... neat.

he then said " I wonder how the knights are fareing so far..." a little louder then he meant to.

"by the way... wheres this summer palace?"
Chrissie Pillinger

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:16 pm

Thandran lowered his bow and walked to Rielle's side. He realized who it was that had entered the room and a smile broke out across his face. He couldnt help but talk. " Well we meet again Lorn. This is a rather odd coincidence wouldn't you say?"
vicki kitterman

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:44 am

Rielle studied the man's signiture surprised as his penmanship she was however more surprised at his last name....Rocklaner....Rocklaner she ran it through her mind. Rielle knew the name meant something to her. But what? I will ask my assistant to look into his family she decided.

"Thank you Master Rocklaner" She took the contract from his hand and went to put it in her desk. Seconds later her head snapped around

"What?! Who are these 'Knights' you speak of? Are these the ones working with Lord Codill? Arthur I should say? What do you know of these people?" Rielle was interrogating the man, she felt guilty. He was on her side, and was making an innocent remark.

"My apologies. We can discuss all this at my palace. I suppose you are right Master Rocklaner, I have given no details on my palace. Let me begin. It is not a palace so much as a sprawling estate. It is generally one story, but in some places it does continue onto a second level. It is quite large however can not rival estates in other nations. It has its own orchards, vineyards, wells, a lake, stables, a smithy albiet one without a smith, servant quarters and quest suites. It is situated just on the shores of the Corbolo River and the Upper Niben, just before Niben Bay where Bravil is situated."

"And you...Master Thame, you know this man?" Rielle smiled, now glad to have appointed Thandaren her leader, he know owed her. And he was going to fulfill this by helping her understand how she knew Lorn.
Umpyre Records

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:24 am

Thandran thought for a few seconds about how much he wanted to let Rielle know but decided he could trust her."Yes we have met. Several days ago he was kind enough to bail me out from the city guard...and heal me of some rather serious damage to my palms which otherwise would of prevented me from defending myself."

OOC Shes a rather conniving one isn't she. Well she wont be able to wrap Thandran around her finger like she could most men.
Chavala

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:10 am

Rielle looked from Lorn to Thandaren "Oh, city guard? You were arrested? Was it a legitimate rescue or could his methods have been considered dubious? Although I can take care of any run ins with the law you have I should rather it not happen?"
SiLa

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Instead of looking at Rielle he looked at Lorn as he talked to her." yes the guard...i had just wounded my hands the night before and i couldn't afford a way to heal them so i tried to steal money from a upper class men to pay for it...unfortunately i made the rather stupid mistake of not making sure i wasn't being watched..." He trailed off after that not wanting to tell her too much.

OOC He clearly hates having to steal for a living =O
Cheville Thompson

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion