An Oblivion RP

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:39 am

[off-story]PaladinOfTheNine, I know I have many Naruto influences in my story, but at least I try to keep them subtle and mixed with TES lore plus other fantasy books' lore...but your Byakugan is a direct rip-off from it, lol[/off-story]

Yeah, but you know it's awesome! XD
luis ortiz

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:53 pm

There were suddenly shouts and commotion in the inn, however, as the cheerful atmosphere dissipated. The crowd parted, and a Dunmer came staggered through, often skittering back, clutching his entrails, his hands fumbling about his sash, decorated with Daedric lettering, for something. One of the adventurers in the inn was quick to draw his sword, but Gavin put an arm out to stop him from attacking the wounded Dunmer, who produced a letter. The paper was like him - folded and bloodsoaked.

He held out a trembling hand to Gavin, but as the knight reached forward to take the letter from him, he snatched it back with a hiss, and, for a brief moment, the image of Assamma-Idan came back into Gavin's mind. The Dunmer stood before him was not the gulakhan, however, as what he said was not something Gavin would expect to hear from that lunatic.

"Only if you pour me a glass of Surille!"

"I will," Gavin said, as a woman stepped forwards from the crowd with a cloth, which was, for some bizarre reason, not accepted by the Ashlander. "But first you must tell me who you are, and what this letter says." The Ashlander gave Gavin a glare that brought out the sweat on the knight. His red eyes made him look like some long-caged Dremora, and the red splashes across his dark skin made the look complete.

"Isn't it obvious? I bring word from the ashkhan, along with what Azura has told her."

"Your wounds?" Arthur asked, concerned. "Is Ashina alright?"

"These wounds were dealt by marauders, sera, and Ashina was not involved in the ambush. You'll find her at the city of Cheydinhal, which, as you probably know, is under her occupation. She is rallying the tribe for a war against Molag Bal..." the soldier fell forwards, and his eyes changed to those of a hungry dog, and his voice was but a whisper. "Get there, and stop her! Her sister, the tribe's wisewoman, will kill Vehk, but with Ashina the false god still may be shown mercy. Stop Ashina from talking to her sister! Go!"

OOC: Feel free to make Ashina move and speak, but keep it true to her personality. And remember that Cheydinhal is occupied by Ashlanders, so some things have changed.
Blaine

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:41 pm

Arthur was shocked with the latest issues that happened in the inn. He imagined he'd have a good and hot meal plus a nice night's sleep, but now he knew he'd have something to do before doing all of that.

He reached Gavin, who was looking to the badly wounded Dunmer, then put his hand in his shoulder, and said.

"Leave him. His soul has already departed". Gavin looked at Arthur with a certain sad look on his face.

Arthur took the bloodied note from the Dunmer and read it:

"Dear companions. I hope you are still alive and with good health. I write you to tell you that I must depart to Morrowind. I'm now in Cheydinhal, but I'll cross the Valus Mountains tomorrow to my homeland. Then I'll cross Reich Parkeep region until I reach the Bitter Coast, where I hope to take a boat. My destination is Vvanderfell. I'm going to visit my sister, who is a wise woman living in the ashlands, close to Sheogorad region. I hope she'll guide us in that crisis with her wisdom. With my best regards, Ashina".

Arthur crumpled the document with his right hand, so strong that he nearly disintegrated it.

"By Sithis and all the Cursed Gods, why has to go this woman to Morrowind? Has she became crazy? And that matter with her sister....she's getting right into an ambush! Why did this stupid bleeding sack of uselessness didn't warned her? Are her bodyguards so blind, too? Or they're part of the treachery?"

Arthur was furious, but he obligued to calm himself and make a plan. Finally he stood up from the dead body, and said:

"Right now Ashina will be in Cheydinhal, or close to there. We can do nothing right now and certainly we can do nothing tired as we are from that long day. So let's stay here for tonight as we have already planned".

"And tomorrow...what will we do?", asked Gavin.

"Tomorrow will be another day", was the evasive response Arthur gave to him.

Arthur went to his room without saying anything else, then closed the door and got into his bed. But even while he was trying to sleep, his mind flew away, in a very different direction than Cheydinhal.

"Desmodus, Vlad, Luna, please hurry back....I've an even more urgent mission for you now" -he thought-.

[off-story] Gallowglass, I hope you've played Morrowind, and (it'd be even better), any of the Silgrad Tower mods, because
Spoiler
Ashina is moving to Morrowind ^^

EDIT: It was "crumpled", not "crapped", my mistake, sorry, lol[/off-story]
Mr. Allen

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:55 pm

OOC: I haven't played it in a while, and I didn't play it for long. But I've read the lore. And don't say crapped ;)
Crystal Clarke

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:51 pm

OOC: I haven't played it in a while, and I didn't play it for long. But I've read the lore. And don't say crapped ;)

I'm writing the story in this post, too, but Ashina is on her way to Cheydinhal so feel free to carry on, everyone. Odds are our two characters won't meet for a while.

[off-story]I wouldn't say so...I've had a nice idea to "maintain contact" between our chars. I think you already know what it will be.... ;)[/off-story]
Gwen

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:01 pm

OOC: Nope, ain't got a clue. Letters? XD
Bad News Rogers

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:59 pm

OOC: Nope, ain't got a clue. Letters? XD

??U

Then it'll be a surprise ^^ :D
Rob

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:40 am

Vehk. The murderer of Nerevar. Ashina couldn't believe that she'd been about to let him go with only a confession. She couldn't tell whether Azura was trying to make her feel guilty or not, but she did, and now, as she wandered back to Cheydinhal with her guards, she was appalled at her own treachery. Vehk was the reason that Morrowind was now bound to the Empire. It had been bought and sold for Reman's gold, in its moment of triumph. He had slain the Great Khan and had caused Azura to curse his entire race, before he banished her in an orgy of violence and blasphemy. He had set Morrowind alight with civil conflict, and yet here was his greatest opponent, the woman who had came so close to toppling the Empire on countless occasions, who had ambitions to carry fire and sword to the gates of the Imperial City...about to risk it all to get from him a confession that meant as little to her as the breath that it was spoken with.

Vehk had been right about one thing, though - there can be no opinions about truth, and false words do indeed flow from the House of Troubles. However, false words can have opinions about them. So Ashina could have no say in whether or not she'd kill Vehk. She would reap the harvest of the unmourned house, ALMSIVI.

BRAD MONTGOMERY

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:36 am

"Leave him. His soul has already departed." said Arthur.
Gavin cheacked to make sure. The Dunmer was indeed dead. The Knight Commander knew that his wounds were too much to be healed. He signed and stood back up. Gobad still had his hand on the hilt of his sword, as if this was the first of an attack. His Knights had stopped drinking and were looking at the room. Gavin turned to Arthur and at the bloodly note in his hand.
"What does it say?" he asked.
The Redguard crumpled the note in his hand and threw it away.
"By Sithis and all the Cursed Gods, why has to go this woman to Morrowind? Has she became crazy? And that matter with her sister...she's getting right into an ambush! Why did this stupid bleeding sack of uselessness didn't warned her? Are her bodyguards so blind, too? Or they're part of the treachery?"
Gavin cocked his head at this. There was somthing in the note that he needed to know. Arthur turned to them.
"Right now Ashina will be in Cheydinhal, or close to there. We can do nothing right now and certainly we can do nothing tired as we are from that long day. So let's stay here for tonight as we have already planned".
"And tomorrow...what will we do?", asked Gavin.
"Tomorrow will be another day"
Sevral of the other adventures began to move the dead Dunmer from the room and place him outside. Gavin sat back down with his food. he was not shocked by a persons death. he had seen it far to often for it to affect him anymore. To him, the death of a person was like breathing, but he always wondered if it was was a good thing to be so calm about it.
"Anyway, tell me about yourself, Arthur. I'm keen for some stories of your adventuring days."
Lisa

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:02 am

(( don't push yourself too hard ))

As Lorn noticed them rolling the dunmer outside he went into the inn with the troll... as soon as they entered the troll went to bite at the white robes but Lorn instantly grabbed it by the back of it's head saying "no." He then looked at Gavin and the others and said "Well, I have decided to see about some warehouse in the docks as it may have good pay and is somehow dealing with the gate also... I've gotten this troll tamed enough that it can take letters and if you point at where we are and then where youi want it to go on a map... if it tries to bite you just say no and do this" he held up his ring and middle finger "and she'll stop..." He then paid for a room and went upstairs to sleep, "only ten septims left... I'll have to find some work..." he mumbled to himself.

EDIT OOC: if anyone needs to contact me, send a pm to gatalis@live.com and please don't sell my email, it is one of my only adresses that doesn't have spam...
c.o.s.m.o

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:12 pm

I know I double posted but heres the deal, when we get to 180-190 posts I am going to make a basic copy of the "story so far" and whats happening with each character for the next thread, so please don't do anything major in the last 10-20 posts lol, (it would be a basic recap of each character so far so when we get near the end of this thread you should tell me the bio if you don't want me creating one) this would be mostly for people who join after 200 posts since I'm sure that if this doesn't die then we will get a few more people before we are at our max...
jessica Villacis

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 am

OOC: Alright, here goes.

M'oiq had been following them from a safe distance for days now, curious to where they'll go with the troll and what they'll do with it. He watched the Nord enter the inn, shortly after he heard a "no".
Careful to hide his presence, M'oiq sneaked up to the door and softly rested his left ear on the door.

"Well, I have decided to see about some warehouse in the docks as it may have good pay and is somehow dealing with the gate also... I've gotten this troll tamed eno.."
*Tamed?! Trolls are for killing!* M'oiq thought to himself, ridiculed by the very idea of taming a troll, he walked around the inn, hoping to hear other things that might take his interest. However when he finished this tthought, the person had already finished talking.
M'oiq then proceeded to walk around the inn, hoping to mysteriously find something, or hear an interesting topic.

The Khajiit just finished a lap around the inn, when he heard this near the door:
"only ten septims left... I'll have to find some work..."
*Great, another opportunity to find work via someone else..*
M'oiq quickly checked that his armor and bow was in good condition, as well as his iron dagger. That's when he realised he was low on arrows, only seven left.
*Oh surely.. I have more than that? I guess i'll retreat to using my dagger then.*
He pulled out his dagger, it was an iron dagger, except it had sharpened edges solely for the purpose of cutting the skin and fur off slain animals. His bow was also made of Iron, and on the bow scratches could be seen, each scratch represented a kill. M'oiq could never afford better, due to his unlucky streaks.
M'oiq is a skilled hunter, although not a lucky one, he finds it hard to keep a good amount of septims for taxes and repairs. These days, the animals and monsters have been alot more tougher than they used to be.

M'oiq sighed and sat next to the door, waiting for the Nord to come out.

Ray

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 am

OOC I need "Rielle" to reply before i can post more for my character. He just entered her warehouse where shes recruiting.
CArla HOlbert

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 pm

sweet story, the paladin dude just copies the hyuga's byakugan but oh well... lol

i would make a char but i've never made one before and don't know where he would fit in, but keep it up :rock:
Kortknee Bell

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:38 pm

Lorn woke up soon after falling asleep to find the troll about to bite a patrons arm off while they were sleeping and quickly shoved her off of the patron

((by the way, I want a name for the troll as it is going to become very important to my character and I can only think of Twlikea which sounds more fey like then troll like))

he then mumbled "ohh ya... you were going to be executed so they probably didn't feed you" and picked up his hammer motioning for the troll to follow him... He jumped out the window of the inn and slid into the sewers just to quickly come back up with a rat with it's head smashed

((rats are very abundant in a city with such poor matinence)),

considering the taste of human meat the troll quickly devoured the rat which filled her up when suddenly she looked over by the inn door and then back at Lorn. As Lorn looked over he saw someone standing by the door and called out "hello there!"
Vicki Blondie

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:51 am

"Hello there!"
M'oiq was dozing off when he heard this, it had come from the Nord he was following. M'oiq had been caught out
*Ahh well, no more use sneaking and following him now* he though to himself
"What?" The Khajiit said with the typical voice. Just then he noticed the troll. He begins to pull out an iron arrow, nearly everything he owns is iron. Preparing his bow, he asked
"Is there anything you want to ask me, before I shoot a fatal shot into the Troll's head?"

Noraima Vega

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:49 pm

Rielle paced the wharehouse she had commandeered for her search for a new hero.

"Hmmm why is there such a distinct lack of able-bodied people in Cyrodil" Rielle muttered to herself reading down the list of people who had registered "most are just peasants, who possess no skills, coming after the smell of money and fame. I demand a hero from Cyrodil."

"Ma'am, with all respect but I don't think you can demand such a thing from anyone" replied her assistant "Perhaps you should just set aside a few more days.....?"

"We do not have time to spare! We need a hero! We need one now! I'm relocating back to the summer palace in two days, what will we do if a hero has not emerged by then?" Rielle retorted, her voice rising.

"Excuse me ma'am" came a voice from the door of Rielle's make-shift office, a small man from the palace entered after giving a long, respectful bow he spoke "But I've just come from the palace after hearing that A Lord Arthur Codill from Hammerfell is also attempting to assemble a party of which to use to serve the nation"

"What?! Competition?! From Hammerfell?" Riell demanded, somewhat alarmed that she was no longer the only noble trying to help "Why would Hammerfell have any intest in this venture? I've meet the Royal family and many members of the court and they were far more focused on internal stability and growth that foreign policy. Why would that change?"

"I believe, Madam, that Lord Codill is not here on the wishes of his land's royalty, in truth I don't believe he really cares of their opinion. From what I have sourced from palace contacts and diplomats the Codill family and the Royal family seem to be somewhat....resentful of one another's existance"

"S...." contemplated Rielle "we have here, a rival from Hammerfell who seems to hate his royal family, even though they are lovely people, who is willing to help Cyrodill while gaining nothing" narrowing her eyes she continued "this reeks of politics....."

A large, powerful knock interrupted the discussion. "It seems ma'am" spoke Rielle's assistant "we have another contender for the title of hero...?"

Straightening her exquisite skirt Rielle smiled "Show him and offer refreshments" the assistant left the office "we shall resume this talk later my friend, please find out more about this Arthur man" Rielle deposited a large sack of gold in the palace lackeys palm.

Leaving Rielle alone the palace servant left the room. Rielle uttered a prayer to the nine praying for a worthy hero. The door opened

"Well hello there friend. Interested in becoming a hero are we?"

((Carry on as you see fit)
Joe Bonney

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:07 pm

when the troll saw the arrow it went to jump at it but Lorn grabbed it by the neck and whispered something in it's ear as it ran towards the docks at full speed "no, the troll was just hungry was all..." Lorn threw the khajiit a loaf of bread since he looked slightly hungry and began to walk in the same direction of the troll towards the warehouse keeping an eye out for any followers when he saw someone with a purple mask on... He quickly assumed it was this so called new "guild" and pulled out his hammer to look intimidating, luckily the theif didn't seem to be up for a fight this late in the evening but he figured he would be back soon with friends and quickened his pace until finally he was at the warehouse door and filled out the forms...

"nobility" he smirked, he remembered his early childhood when his step father inherited the mansion and the trolls with it and how he treated the animals around there like dirt... (( just a quick note that my character even though having no attachments or empiphy with creatures, respects them and prefers not to kill them unless necesary so he is a bit more in tune with animals then the average human but not enough to speak their language and all that jazz ))

Lorn looked over at the person next to him and recognised him as the prisoner earlier and asked "so... did that new "guild" cause any trouble for you getting here?" as he opened the door for him.

((I'm just wondering if your okay with it, but since Lorn is the son of a mage who had a goblin aprentice who went crazy and suposably "died" can I bring the goblin in, you would recognise him as Gratch from my current mod but he would be much older and not as off his rocker after being beaten up by the "hero of cyrodil?"))

((as for comunication between characters far away... telepaphy?))
Ysabelle

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm

The loaf of bread put M'oiq off, it made him confused. Nevertheless he didn't feel like shooting the troll as it ran off with the Nord. He put the arrow back in the quiver and the bow on his back. He had a wild thought of joining the troll and Nord, even though he goes solo. He picks up the loaf of bread incase he ran out of septims, and follows them to the Warehouse. The idea of joining them came more solid, it was probably stuck in the Khajiit's brain by now. He had no other thought but to ask the Nord this:
"Say, Nord, what is your name? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."

Dina Boudreau

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Lorn thought to himself " I hope this Rielle person doesn't recognise my last name... we've had conflicts over gaurd trolls in the past when one of their clients wore white robes..." he sighed

((sorry but I wasn't sure if your character was implying or thinking it as it seems like both are being said at the same time...))

OOC: anyways go ahead and use my character for the intro unless you want to wait till 4:30 pm mountain time since I'm signing off for the night

OOC: WARNING: like Gavin has the knights of the nine, I am setting up my party of lorn, the troll, Gratch, a midget argonian bard, and Gratch's apprentice who is an arcane archer who may or may not be a french dunmer, I'm calling them the band of misfortune!
Siidney

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:36 pm

OOC: no problem, I put thoughts in stars(*)
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:50 am

Rielle paced the wharehouse she had commandeered for her search for a new hero.

"Hmmm why is there such a distinct lack of able-bodied people in Cyrodil" Rielle muttered to herself reading down the list of people who had registered "most are just peasants, who possess no skills, coming after the smell of money and fame. I demand a hero from Cyrodil."

"Ma'am, with all respect but I don't think you can demand such a thing from anyone" replied her assistant "Perhaps you should just set aside a few more days.....?"

"We do not have time to spare! We need a hero! We need one now! I'm relocating back to the summer palace in two days, what will we do if a hero has not emerged by then?" Rielle retorted, her voice rising.

"Excuse me ma'am" came a voice from the door of Rielle's make-shift office, a small man from the palace entered after giving a long, respectful bow he spoke "But I've just come from the palace after hearing that A Lord Arthur Codill from Hammerfell is also attempting to assemble a party of which to use to serve the nation"

"What?! Competition?! From Hammerfell?" Riell demanded, somewhat alarmed that she was no longer the only noble trying to help "Why would Hammerfell have any intest in this venture? I've meet the Royal family and many members of the court and they were far more focused on internal stability and growth that foreign policy. Why would that change?"

"I believe, Madam, that Lord Codill is not here on the wishes of his land's royalty, in truth I don't believe he really cares of their opinion. From what I have sourced from palace contacts and diplomats the Codill family and the Royal family seem to be somewhat....resentful of one another's existance"

"S...." contemplated Rielle "we have here, a rival from Hammerfell who seems to hate his royal family, even though they are lovely people, who is willing to help Cyrodill while gaining nothing" narrowing her eyes she continued "this reeks of politics....."

A large, powerful knock interrupted the discussion. "It seems ma'am" spoke Rielle's assistant "we have another contender for the title of hero...?"

Straightening her exquisite skirt Rielle smiled "Show him and offer refreshments" the assistant left the office "we shall resume this talk later my friend, please find out more about this Arthur man" Rielle deposited a large sack of gold in the palace lackeys palm.

Leaving Rielle alone the palace servant left the room. Rielle uttered a prayer to the nine praying for a worthy hero. The door opened

"Well hello there friend. Interested in becoming a hero are we?"

((Carry on as you see fit)

Thandran stepped through the doors all stopped suddenly in surprise. The room he had entered was rather well furnished in comparison to the way he was dressed but that wasn't what had caught his attention. The fact that he would find such a noble , beautiful looking lady in a place like this was a little off putting. He quickly regathered his wits and bowed to the lady. He felt out of place him wearing a leather jerkin and rather rough clothing and the unmistakable bulges of daggers and a short sword hidden under his clothes in various places and a long bow hitched over his shoulder while she wore an ornately decorated yet flowing dress. He looked her in the eyes as he introduced himself. "Good morning madam it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Thandran Thame. Ranger and sadly a thief but don't think if would be in any sorts of mind to steal from some one such as yourself.... Anyway i have been sent as a representative from the thieves guild. They wont to show you that even in times if crisis they are willing to help a good cause. Despite this they lacked certain...details as to why i am here". He smiled rather shyly hoping she wouldn't judge him to harshly by his appearance.
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:52 pm

sweet story, the paladin dude just copies the hyuga's byakugan but oh well... lol
i would make a char but i've never made one before and don't know where he would fit in, but keep it up :rock:

XD

lol. I think irt suites him well. Gavin's Byakugan is kinda like Detect Evil from D&D. I may be a Narutard, but I would not use it unless I felt it suited him. lol.
Nathan Maughan

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Rielle looked the newcomer up and down, a slight smile playing across her face it was a man. And she had learnt, over the years how beauty can win over men.

"Welcome Master Thame. I am Rielle Awora, surely you have heard of me? It is a pleasure to meet you." smiling she could tell the man was out of his comfort zone; although obviously confident he had an ever so slight nervous shuffle, an action most people would miss. Rielle however had made a career from reading people. "May I offer you a drink? We have many beveraged of varying qualities? Wine? Mead? Ale perhaps?" Rielle stared at the man, studying him. "Let us cut to the chase Master Thame, may I call you Thandran? As you have most likely heard Cyrodil, and potentially Tamriel, is again faced with another Deadric gate. I feel some sort of pre-emptive plan should be established so as to stop any further gates from opening and as such devestating our once again restored landscape. I feel that the Great Hero of the last situation was not given satisfactory assistance by neither the empire nor the beaurocrats that sit on the council, for what they call 'the good of the nation"

Rielle again watched Thandran, eager to see how he took the news, would he be surprised that she, a fellow elder councillor, was criticising the very institutiton that emplyed her?

"And through a fear that if such a national crisis were again to surface I have decided that I will fund, with my own treasury, an attempt to close this, and any other gates. And if at all possible find out which deadra is responsible, and what has changed to encourage such a, for lack of a better term, invasion. I have sat here for three days awaiting a person who could rival the hero from 10 years ago, but to no avail I have attracted mere peasants. You however, are a professional. Your armour is battlescared, and bristling with weapons, you have a glint in your eye that indicates the ability to kill. And you claim to be a thief, and you think that would bother me? You think I judge you don't you Thandran? Well I do not. I have travelled the world, and seen many things which opened my mind to tolerance. And I assure you I have had dealings with people whose occupations are far less desireable than your own. Besides everyone needs to make a living, I turned to politcs and power, you turned to the shadows and....shall we call it liberation of personal affects?" Rielle smiled her winning smile at the man, knowing it had made great men fall to their knees before however this man standing in front of her didn't move, didn't react, startled but to politically savvy to show her reaction Rielle went on

"So Master Thame, may I include you in our....expedition? All expenses paid, any equipment you require shall be brought for you? You will earn a wage, the amount is negotiable? and at the end of your service you will be given either a rather hefty lump sum in gold, or an ongoing pension? Lucky you aren't an elf else that pension could acrue into quite a lot......"

Rielle looked at him; expectantly....
Kayla Oatney

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Lorn jumped on the troll and held it down as it tried to claw through the door hissing "I understand you don't like it here but will you calm down, we have no need to get ourselves arrested for defacing public property!" the troll though continued to snarl and try and claw at the door though it was now held down... "by the way" he looked up at M'oiq "my names Lorn..." he punched the troll in the back as it's claws pushed into his foot "Lorn Rocklaner"
Jonny

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion