An Oblivion RP

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Ashina kept cool beneath a balcony, with an Akaviri fan in her hand, listening to the calming water of the fountains as it splashed and swirled, steaming in the warm sunlight. She would have basked not only in the sunlight, but also in the attention of the chatting diplomats, mostly Bretons, who stood casually by a statue of Gallivere Lariat in a corner of the courtyard, if Assamma-Idan was not pacing so fast, with such a cold atmosphere, as to keep Ashina cool even if she didn't have a fan.

The guards that had earlier accompanied her already entered the building she was leaning against, on Assamma-Idan's orders. Their mission had two purposes - to find out the name of the person who had summoned Ashina and to look for things that would suggest the Imperials planned treachery. There was just one flaw - the guards were mostly Ashlanders, and all Camonna Tong. They'd find treachery even if there wasn't any.

"N'wah!" Assamma-Idan hissed, casting a sharp glance and a snap of the fingers at one of the Bretons who had dared to look back at Ashina, not realising that Assamma-Idan wouldn't, and indeed couldn't, say anything about her smiling at the group. "And we rely on them to hold the Empire together?" he continued, turning to Ashina, who had wiped the smile from her face.

"Ignore them," she said, cheerfully. "They'll get what they deserve."

Britney Lopez

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Mind if i join? Forgive me if some of the names are a bit wrong i havent played oblivion in months but im going to start playing it again because im getting a new computer :D

name : Thendran
race : Wood Elf
class : A cross between a thief and a hunter.

proficiencies :

Blades ( more specifically smaller blades like daggers and shortswords)
Marksman
Light armor
Athletics
Sneak
Mercantile

occupation : Like previously stated a combination of a thief and a hunter depending on whether hes in the city or not.

personality : suspicious by nature although when he gets to trust someone he is very caring and a nice person. He is the type of person who refuses to give up and will keep trying until he gets something done.

background info : Thendran was born under rather ordinary circumstances. His family came from a small farming town to the north east of Bravil. His father was a skilled archer and was the main hunter for the town and his mother ran their families stall where Thendrans father sold his meats. At the age of 13 Thendran was officially a man and his father took him out into the woods for a month and taught him the ways of the hunt. Within years he showed himself to be a very skilled hunter , rivaling even his father , and very sneaky. He knew how to approach a fawn within meters and put an arrow through its skull before it knew he was there.

At the age of 18 his father was called off to Bravil as part of a militia for a war. Sadly he never came back and Thendran found himself having to provide for himself and his mother who only months later fell ill with the plague. After a fight that lasted several tiring years she passed away. Thendran no longer felt a belonging in his birth place and so he left on a journey on foot.

Months later he was found by a patrolling imperial guard. The guard named Tomaan took the underfed and weak Thendran back to his house in the Imperial City. He nursed Thendran back to life and taught him about the city. Thendran soon found out that Tomaan was wanted by a group of thieves in the city and had a bounty on his head.One night he didnt return from his patrols. Thendran went looking for him and found his body several blocks away. He was killed and by his body was a silver arrow with a golden shaft. From that day he vowed to track down those that had killed his friend and seek revenge. Having no money to support himself he took what meager food and money that could be found in Tomaans house and fled deeper into the city knowing the imperial guard would think he had killed Tomaan. He know lives by stealing just enough to get along while looking for clues of Tomaans killer. When its too risky in the city he leaves and lives in the wilderness until the heat dies down.

Morality : Somewhat of a nice person but his deeds may make him look bad. He has no qualms with killing someone that deserves it but will never steal more than he needs or kill an innocent.

----------------------------------------
His back was killing him , his hands rubbed saw from the toughness of the wall. But he knew if he moved than the bright moonlight would reveal any movement to the men just below him.He gently moved his hands and winched in pain. He could see a stain of blood where his palm had been. Come on He thought to himself. Hurry up and leave!

He looked back down where one of the men was mere meters from his dangling feet. He tried to listen to the whispered conversation but they spoke in a language unknown to him , possibly Khajiit. They were thieves from one of the lesser known gangs that hung around the dock area of the Imperial City. How he had got himself into such a predicament was laughable if not downright insane. How was he supposed to know he was breaking into their headquarters? They had chased him for at least an hour until he had run into this side street. What possessed him to try and climb a 15 foot building he didn't know.Clearly they weren't the brightest of people. They never thought of looking up.

He thought he heard the name thieves brotherhood in the conversation going on beneath him. Gods he though. Lets hope i don't run into any of those tonight! . He had found out days after Tomaans death about the thieves brotherhood. They were a new and rather large group of thieves that unlike the thieves guild had nothing against killing if someone got in the way of some easily earned septims. Unfortunately he had come across a few of their members luckily for him they didn't chose him as a victim. You cant say the same about the merchant he had just bought a bottle of wine off though.

The sounds of footsteps reverberated through the alley. Thendran look down. He sighed thankfully. They had left. He waited a minute longer to make sure they were gone than dropped off the wall. The pain in his hands was like a stab to the face. He opened his palms and saw the skin had been worn off and was replaced by bloody flesh. He dropped to the ground and rested his aching back on the wall. Slowly he pulled an embroidered shawl from his wast bag. He had pick pocketed it earlier today but looking at it now it probably wasn't worth much. He took a deep breathe than ripped the shawl in two , ignoring the pain from his palms. He wrapped the pieces around his hands as makeshift bandages than slowly got up. He began to walk down the alley way. He would have to find a place to stay the night.
quinnnn

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:17 pm

[off-story]PART II[/off-story]

Arthur Codill couldn't give credit to what he was hearing.

"I've came here to solve the vampire issues upon my lands. Not to rescue a...a missing God!"

Marus smiled. "Maybe both things are pretty much connected. Remember that according to the legend, vampires are Molag Bal's children. And their father is no other than Vivec himself. Or at least that's what the Tribunal Temple has always said".

"Well, it could have sense", thought Arthur. But he never imagined he'd have to bleed a daedric prince in order to solve his land's issues.

"Unfortunately, that's all I can tell you about this matter" -continued Marus-. "You'll have to find the reasons of both the gate and the kidnap for yourself, as well as the solution. But as I've said before, I've full confidence in the Codill Clan. If anybody can do it, that's you."

"Yep, and only me" -Arthur smiled sarcastically- "The Codill Clan never had many friends, especially in Hammerfell".

"Why?" Marus innocently asked.

Arthur looked at him, his eyes full with surprise "Of course, they're used to face every day with oddities. I think that they even have vampires in the Mages Guild as full members. No wonder he behaves so normal with me. Besides, he's NOT a Redguard, and I doubt he knows our history well enough. That's important, too".

Arthur decided that it woudn't harm to tell him the truth.

"As you'd probably learnt (or saw with your own eyes) from my uncle, we the Codills have the ability to summon non-daedric swords".

"Now that you say it...yes. I remember that not long after Kurtstain was destined in the University he commanded a raid upon Silorn, and although I didn't took part on the battle, I was there in order to collect and study a rare and colossal black soul gem. Before battle began, I saw Kurtstain making an odd handsign and suddenly a flaming sword appeared on his hand".

"Yes. We the Ansei have had that ability since we have memory".

"The Ansei?".

"The Ansei are the ancient Masters of the ancient technique of Shehai. We are Redguard sword-fighters known as "Saints of the Sword", and we possess the ability to form spirit-swords. The Ansei are divided into Clans, each one with different abilities based on their elemental affinity. We, the Codills, for example, have an affinity with fire and stone. That's why we can summon fire-spiritual swords".

Marus was amazed by the story. Arthur continued.

"As you know, the sinking of Yokuda is still a mistery. Some say that it was a natural disaster. But they're the lesser. Most people in Hammerfell think that it was because of a renegade Ansei Clan, the Hiradirge Clan, and the war they began between all the other Ansei Clans. The Hiradirges were extremely powerful, as all Ansei Clans were and are, but in the ancient Yokuda prior to the Fall we all managed to keep a balance so our society could survive without getting in endless wars.

"But the Hiradirge Clan broke that balance", said Marus.

Arthur affirmed. "I don't know what exactly happened, as neither of the Codills or the other Ansei Clan's members know. I only know that only a few Ansei from the other Clans survived the disaster, and now they belong to the Hammerfell ruling class known as "the Crowns". They're always trying to remake their respective Clan, but it's pretty difficult when there's only one or two surviving members of each Clan".

Marus flushed when he remembered the History class about Redguards and his customs. It's not odd for them to marry between brothers and close parents in order to keep their pure blood. He was certainly sure that the Codills weren't the type of family that would gave up on that tradition, and for what he knew about them, they never will be.

"We the Codills are the exception. Most of our Clan survived the disaster and moved to Hammerfell. That's why we are so isolated. The lowly people (the Forebeards) have us equally fear and hate. Fear because of our power. And hate because they think we are responsible of the fall of Yokuda, as they think that ANY Ansei is responsible of the Fall. And the Crowns isolate us because of envy, fear of losing their position, and our pure blood. We should be the ones ruling Hammerfell. But a single Clan can do nothing against the union of the survivors of all the other Clans, plus the Yokudan royalty and nobility, and without the simpathy of our people. Even if they've lost more than a bit of their pure Ansei powers, while we still keep it".

Marus meditated about those words. "Certainly I don't envy the Codills because of their natural talent. If talent comes with the price of complete social isolation, they could keep it all for themselves...".

"However", -continued Arthur, and his voice changed into a grim, terrible one- "There has always been rumors spreaded around the people of Hammerfell that say we the Codills have survived because we were the first to flee to Hammerfell, and that we are nothing but cowards". Arthur closed his fist in pure anger. "My soul knows that is not true but I can't prove it. But because of those foul words the Codills existence is forever tainted with shame. That's why we need honor. All we can get".

[off-story]I love the lore I'm creating for my char :D And the best of all is that is pretty lore-wise (Yokuda/Hammerfell/Ansei lore extracted from the UESP wiki). Next post: The big quest begins! (with a color pic included!).

BTW, welcome, lonelydogs and PaladinOfTheNine! :D[/off-story]
James Shaw

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:35 pm

"What in the Nine Divines is that?" asked Gobad-gro Ulrich, the second-in-command of the group and veteran of the Knights. Gavin knew that he could always trust on him in combat, since he had been a warrior long before he joined the Knights. It was this memory that made him relise that the Orc was older than he was. He shook of his thoughts and followed the Goabs's green finger.
The other younger Kights jumped back, hands on weapons at what they saw. Gavin just started calmly. A troll with a chain around it's neck, being held by a white Human, a Nord possibly, though it was hard to tell form this far. The green beast was roaring as the Human tackled it. Three of the Knights drew their weapons and ran to his aid, but Gavin held up his hand. He did not belive that they were ready for this. He knew how deadly trolls could be.
"Nay, stand back. I shall deal with this."
His hands reached in-side his white robes to losen them. A small hint of the stanted white tabab which he wore over his armour could be seen as his robes parted slighty down the middle, but he did not even draw his sword, or take off his robes. He walked over to the troll, knelt and delved into the magicka currents. He drew apon Blue and White magic, with a hint of Yellow, but avoiding the Red. It had been some time since he had needed to use magicka. He could feel it pulseing into his body, his heart beat faster with the intake, in the way a man's heart may do if he ran to fast. He beathes deeply, to calm his senses and corsed the magicka through his arms, and it came out in blue andsliver flame. He touched the trolls head, and slowly, the beast began to calm, it's temper soothed and brained numbed of all hate. Once he was done, the troll was as obidiant as a dog with a beloved master. He cancled the spell and offer his hand to its' Human master.
"Trolls are very deadly creatuers." he said, his voice emocionless. "You could have been killed. But I have calmed it now, but only for sevral hours. Are you OK?"
(reply Lorn Rocklaner)
Emmi Coolahan

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:43 pm

OOC: We need to start having all our characters meet up, or this won't get anywhere.
Solène We

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:33 am

OOC: We need to start having all our characters meet up, or this won't get anywhere.

lol. That is what I was doing. I just met Lorn Rocklaner. XD
ladyflames

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:41 pm

shouldnt this be in the fanfic/RP section of the forums?
Strawberry

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:20 pm

OOC: As in, meet up at a common place ;)

And it probably, should, yes, but I really don't have a clue. I think two are allowed here, but I don't know where I read that.
latrina

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:23 am

Well, now that Gavin and his knights have met Lorn Rocklaner, maybe we could travel to the White Gold Tower from here on and meet Ashina and the rest either outside the tower or at the meeting. Another thing, though. Who will play important SPCs like Chansoler Ocato.?
Hope Greenhaw

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:04 pm

I think we can take control of NPCs ourselves. I mean, Ocato has no real personality ;)
Neko Jenny

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:58 am

[off-story]I agree. Let's meet in White Gold Tower. (spoiler)My char is going to go there in the next post(/spoiler)

Although I still don't know HOW we will interact besides my MSN idea. This is my first RP thread afterall :)[/off-story]
flora

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:18 am

OOC: We should be able to make each other's character talk and do simple movements, but nothing else. And both characters have to be in the same area. As long as we make an effort to make sure what they say is true to their personalities, I don't see a problem.
Baby K(:

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:17 pm

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/562/screenshot1s.jpg

Arthur had always been a proud man, but far from stupid. He knew that we'd need some extra swords if he wanted to succeed in that quest. So after a few more words with Marus, he left him, promising he'd do anything he could to close that Gate, and went to the Imperial Palace in search fow a few men. Although he didn't knew how would those "brave" adventurers would react when they know the truth about the Great Gate

"They'll probably act all mighty and brave at the moment, and run away at night when I'm sleeping". -Arthur sighed- "Well, it's time to discover it".

He soon arrived to the White Gold Tower, the highest building in all Cyrodiil. Arthur quickly saw a group of knights that were with a Nord and a furious troll. Apparently the troll was about to attack what it seemed to be the captain of the knights, when he launched a Calm spell and stopped it at the moment. "A knight using Illusion spells? odd. Those aren't knight's preferred techniques. I think I'll try with them...I should talk to the one that seems more intelligent of the group", Arthur thought. "Although I don't know if I know enough of troll's language to do it" ([/sarcasm] :D).

He instead got close to the group and said to what seemed to be the troll's "owner":

"Well, aren't those little beasts dangerous? What about slaying it and make some good hot soup with it's bones?" -Arthur smiled- "And by the way, what's a fetid and stupid troll doing here in the Imperial City?"

(reply Lorn Rocklaner and Gavin Artois).

[off-story]plz post pics of your chars, too! :) [/off-story]
Conor Byrne

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:50 am

"Well, aren't those little beasts dangerous? What about slaying it and make some good hot soup with it's bones? And by the way, what's a fetid and stupid troll doing here in the Imperial City?" asked a Redguard who came up to them.
Gavin tighted his long white robes so that his armour could not be seen anymore and turned to the man.
"They are indeed." Gavin agreed. "If this one cannot be controled, the it should be killed."
"Are you alright, Gavin-sama?" ask Korekiyo as his knights approched him.
"I am fine." he replied.
Gobad eyed the Redguard with his same old supitionus look, as if wondering what he was about to do next, but said nothing.
"We must be off now." contiuted Gavin. "We have a meeting with Chansorler Ocato. We cannot keep him waiting."

(reply any.)
Sunny Under

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:29 am

"We must be off now." contiuted Gavin. "We have a meeting with Chansorler Ocato. We cannot keep him waiting."

"Ah, do you?" -asked Arthur- "It's about that damned gate, I suppose. Do you mind if I tag along...sir? or it's "troll breeder" now?"

Arthur noticed that the "knight-in-chief" was looking at him with the same suspicious look that everybody used to use when they were in front of him. He doubted if in that case the cause were his glaring red eyes, his look, or his sarcasms...

(reply any, although Lorn Rocklaner should reply now).
JESSE

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:10 pm

"Interesting," the Imperial Legion soldier said, turning around. "How do these statues remind you of six?" he asked, not realising Ashina was making reference to a popular joke amongst outlanders in Morrowind.

"Everything does," she smiled, continuing regardless. The guard, now thoroughly bewildered, decided it was best to keep moving.

Assamma-Idan had stayed quiet, which unnerved him, for he knew exactly the personality of the reckless gulakhan and had expected some comment by now, if it was nothing but a remark on how Talos had been placed in the centre of the statues rather than Akatosh, the King of the Gods.

Ashina, who was only warm despite the day being hotter than those of Lord Drad's estate, on the Gold Coast, where she had settled her tribe, was cold here, due to the high walls, the shadows of which the sun, which was had not yet reached its highest point in the sky, had not been able to penetrate. There was still frost on the ground, besides where the gardeners had stepped, and Ashina's boots were thin. They were just guar hide, wrapped in the silk of Morrowind's giant insects.

"How much longer until we are at White Gold Tower?" she asked, looking at the great limestone tower as it seemed to rise from the walls like an island from the ocean. It was bathed in golden sunlight, which reflected on the banners which bore the symbol of the Red Diamond.

"Only a few minutes, ashkhan," the guard replied, wrongly believing that Assamma-Idan would stay quiet.

"That's what we were told when we were at the Office of Committees, or whatever the name of that place was, with the Bretons," he cried. Ashina's mind went back to picturing the Breton men for a second, and where they'd likely be, which spared her from hearing the ferocity of the guard's reply.

"You have been summoned by the Elder Council. All of your crimes, which include, but are not limited to, murder, extortion, blackmail, genocide, treason, and heresy, are ignored because of this and you have promise of safe conduct. I assure you that you going to the wrong building was not intentional...by Azura, I don't think it was even our fault!"

Assamma-Idan looked like he was about to draw his sword, or at least knock the Imperial to the ground. If he had chosen to, then the guard would have been swept aside with the ferocity, visibly building in the clenched fists of the enraged Ashlander.

"How dare you take the name of Dawn and Dusk so lightly, and what makes you assume that you have a right to taint the acts of defence of home with such...!" Assamma-Idan's voice trailed off when he realised that the guard wasn't listening. He pushed open one of the gates to another district of the city, and it revealed the steps into Green Emperor Way. The warm wind that blew through from the circular streets brought Ashina back into the conversation.

"Are we here?" she asked, realising that breaking Assamma-Idan's momentum was the best way to stop him continuing. The guard nodded.

"It's deserted, but I think the other champions have already arrived. Make yourself at home, ashkhan."

"Assamma-Idan, pay the man," Ashina ordered, beginning her brisk walk towards the Imperial Palace as the gulakhan fumbled about for a few Septims, hoping he'd be in the palace before it was noticed that the coins had been chewed by guar.

"Ah, do you?" -asked Arthur- "It's about that damned gate, I suppose. Do you mind if I tag along...sir? or it's "troll breeder" now?"

"Guar breeder," Ashina called with a smile, bounding up the steps and approaching the tall man, bowing to him without invitation. "Not as hard to tame as trolls, and far more useful. They don't mind fire. And I'm from the Ashlands. Ashkhan Ashina Zelaku." She shook the Nord's hand. "Sunnabe."

OOC: Feel free to make Ashina move and speak, as long as it is true to her personality. And you can do what you want with Assamma-Idan, as long as his every thought involves hatred of Imperials in some way.
loste juliana

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:05 am

OOC: All players that want to be on our "fellowship" please move ASAP to the Imperial Palace, as the "Presentation Chapter" is ending and the adventure will begin soon. If you don't want to join us, you're free to "go for free", as long as you follow the story (not recommended unless you're very good RPing, but well...).
Jay Baby

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:28 am

Gavin saw that yet another person was aproching them. A female Dunmer. Suddenly, he had a feeling that this was somthing that was bigger than just himself and his knights. What what could these people contribute with? They looked more like rag-tag adventurous rouges. Still, looks could be wrong, and Gavin was never one to left looks fool him. As the others introduced themselves, Gavin walked back over to his knights, who stood not far away. The looked confused that more would possibly join with them.
"They also seek this new Great Gate?" asked one a female Breton.
"It seems so." said Gobad. The Orc was still eyeing the party, as if expecting them at any second to attack.
"We cannot fight Daedra on our own. Any help would be welcomed." said Korikyro
"But we cannot trust them." said another knight, a male Khajiit. "Look at them. They look like a bunch of rouges and cutthroats."
"Maybe so, but we cannot win by ourselves. Also, if they wish to investigate for their own reasons, why should we stop them? They have that right." Gavin said.
His knights grumbed, then nodded. Gavin turned to the group.
"We will head in first. We are expected. If you wish you investigate the Gate along with us, you may follow." he was also going to add. "I doubt you'll get in looking like that." but thought better off it.
Amy Siebenhaar

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:34 pm

"We will head in first. We are expected. If you wish you investigate the Gate along with us, you may follow," Ashina heard the red-haired man say. She didn't like the expressions on the faces of his companions, one of whom looked all too familiar, but she knew that they probably didn't like the expressions of her companions, either, so she ignored their stares.

"What else does he think we're hear for? It certainly isn't for Imperial hospitality," Assamma-Idan muttered, walking up behind Ashina. "That guard said the coins I gave him did not bear the symbol of the Red Diamond, and demanded money from my own purse!"

"We'll follow you, then," Ashina called to the Breton, ignoring Assamma-Idan as he muttered whatever theories he read between the lines.

"That way any traps will gore you first," the gulakhan said.

"Is Ocato already there?"

"It's nice to know that we'll be eaten as soon as we're fried."

OOC: Anyone can reply (someone please be standing right behind Assamma-Idan lol), but Gavin Artois, take it away...
Mr. Ray

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:15 am

"Guar breeder," Ashina called with a smile, bounding up the steps and approaching the tall man, bowing to him without invitation. "Not as hard to tame as trolls, and far more useful. They don't mind fire. And I'm from the Ashlands. Ashkhan Ashina Zelaku." She shook the Nord's hand. "Sunnabe."

Arthur smiled at her. It was an ingenious answer, and he thanked it. Prior to that he only had boring righteous-knight-type responses, and shaking answers from his farmers when he asked them about something. Since he left his family and the Clan, few people have liked him. And Arthur liked that Dunmer.

"But we cannot trust them." said another knight, a male Khajiit. "Look at them. They look like a bunch of rouges and cutthroats."

Arthur wasn't paying attention to the other's conversation, but as soon as he heard the words "rogues" and "cutthroats", Arthur stopped smiling and approached that insolent Khajiit.

"Call me again that, and I'll make sure you get a complete body shave. With fire, cat". That last word was truly venomous.

The Dunmeri woman and the "knight-in-command" stood in front of the Khajiit. Then she just made a signal inviting Arthur to ignore them. Later she and her companion began to walk to the interior of the Palace.

OOC: Arg, Gallowglass replied after me just for a few minutes....grrr! (possible story conflict alert!! alert!! :D).

EDIT: Fixed. Just read Gallowglass' post AFTER this one, and follow it like if it is the last one.

EDIT2: Fixed AGAIN :)
kat no x

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:07 pm

OOC: Don't worry, let's just assume you walk over to Ashina after she's finished with Gavin.
laila hassan

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 am

"Call me again that, and I'll make sure you get a complete body shave. With fire, cat".
Jahabi, the Khajiit knight next to Gavin, opened his robe and his hand went to his sword hilt, but he did not draw.
"You dare to speak ill of This One?" he said, eyeing the Redguard. "This One will kill you for such-"
Before he could finish, Gavin stepped infrount of the two, facing the Redguard. The Knight Commander's face was pure and emocionless, his long white robe was not even open, nor did he reach for his sword.
"I apoligise for my comrades outburst, he was out of place." he said. "I belive that since we have all come togeather to this meeting about the Great gate, we should atlest work togeather." he turned to his own knights. "Come, we must be off."
Gavin was unsure about turning his back on the Redgaurd. Althought he was confident about rthe magical wards which were woven into his armour which would warm him of any incoming attack, there was somthing about the Redguard which suggested that he was no ordenary adventurer. He knew he would have to watch him. As he arpoched the Palace Doors, he wonded what was going on behind him.
Kitana Lucas

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:32 am

OK, it's time to develop the interview. As the Loremaster, I'll manage that (reserving slot for story, please others stand by until I finish it)
Joanne Crump

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:15 pm

"Great Gate?" Ashina asked, following the group inside before Assamma-Idan could join in insulting the Khajiit. "Can someone please tell me what all of this is about?"

OOC: Yeah, you lot, stand by. Leave Ashina confused for a bit ;)
Hannah Barnard

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:02 pm

"I apoligise for my comrades outburst, he was out of place." he said. "I belive that since we have all come togeather to this meeting about the Great gate, we should atlest work togeather." he turned to his own knights. "Come, we must be off."

"If I hadn't the mask on, I'd have spit on the ground", Arthur thought. Or in someone of those knights' face.

The group finally entered the Imperial Palace. As they were walking though the long corridors, Arthur coudn't stop noticing that the "knight-in-command" sometimes was watching his back to see him. Arthur acted like he didn't noticed that. "Well, look at me all you want", said to himself, "but I assure you that the last thing you'd see before dying WOULDN'T be me".

The group arrived to a luxurious room, where Chancellor Ocato was waiting. Once done the presentation (both to Chancellor Ocato and between all the members of the group), the chancellor began the official matter:?

"As you know, a Great Gate similar to the ones of the Mythic Dawn crisis has been opened, this time, from inside an Oblivion's Plane. Fortunately, no daedra has come out by now from inside. But all people that went inside never returned, and soon from that adventurers stopped trying to get inside."

The group stayed silent. Ocato continued:

(In order not to repeat all the lore I've already written, in the next 1/2 an hour, Ocato explains everything Marus explained Arthur about the Gate. The group were listening carefully all during this time, all with faces of surprise and a bit of fear. All but Arthur, that already knew about this).

Ocato finished explaining. A tense silence reigned around the place.

"Well, what are those and this ones supposed to do?", asked that Khajiit.

Silence again. This time Arthur took word:

"I trust anybody here would have read the book "The Doors of Oblivion" in any moment of their lives" -he said-. That Gate probably connects either to the realms of Coldharbour or the Ashpits, both from Molag bal and Malacath respectively.

"And you don't know exactly which one?", asked Ashina.

"My guess is Coldharbour", replied Arthur, "because although the chancellor (sarcasm)kindly(/sarcasm) put guards on the Gate, I'm sure some vampires sneaked out of it thought the night and travelled to Skingrad, surely following the call of their own kind. We had always troubles with vampires in Skingrad, but not as severe as we have now".

"But some mages have reported that from whitin the Gate sometimes a dark, unnatural cloud of ash filters thought it and appears in Tamriel". -said Ocato- "Those who were close enough said that as soon as they got close to it, they felt angished, solitary, and they didn't matter to them what would happen to their companions. Those feeling disappeared as soon as they get out from that mist".

Arthur looked to Ocato. "Yes, that fits pretty well to the description we have about the Ashpits", he thought. When he said it in loud voice, there was no face that wasn't reflecting confusion.

"Well, that definitely needs to be investigated", continued Arthur. The only thing we know right now is that we can't allow to go inside there without magical protection and means of surviving, no matter if that Gate connects to the Ashlands or Coldharbour. I've my own ways to stay alive inside both realms. And I believe that my knightly "troll-calmer" friend here will have them, too, am I wrong?"

The knight looked at Arthur the same way he has always looked at him.

"We'd also need to know more about the House of Troubles. Ashina, I think you've something to say now. After all, those daedric princes are targeting you, if the lore of your people is right.And your people knows more than anybody about daedric princes. Some tips about their weaknesses would be good to know".

(Gavin has to ask me and agree/disagree to enter the Great gate with me, and also choose if his companions can/cannot, too).

(Ashina, you need to decide what to do now, and where you could get more info about the Two Corners of the House of Troubles).
Ria dell

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion