Operation: Beijing

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:04 am

((OOC: Now that we've gotten our stories out of the way, let's fast forward time a little bit.))

Adam awoke with a start to the sound of an alarm. The cargo bay was flushed with red light and blaring horns. Instantly his training took over and he became a man possessed. He unhooked himself from the cargo door and rushed to the middle of the plane to see all of his men.

"Okay this is it! Those main doors at the back are going to open in forty seconds! Everyone unbuckle and check your parachutes!" Isaac watched as the men scrambled to their feet. "Also, under all of your seats should be a thing of Psycho. Take one hit now so you don't black out during the jump, and then take another hit on the ground so you don't feel any injuries from the fall!"

Adam strapped the parachute pack to his back and moved to the back of the plane. "EVERYONE BEHIND ME!" He shouted. Turning around he saw the pilot give a thumbs-up. "OKAY BOYS, LET'S DO-" Adam's voice was svcked out from the sound of the hatch opening. Air rushed in at a violent pace as the plane seemed to come apart.

Adam Miller stood over the edge and for a moment felt as if time stood still. Finally, his body finally seemed to react as he lifted his legs and dove over the side into the cloud-covered mountaintops of mainland China.
Lewis Morel

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:18 am

I followed directly after Adam, jumping out of the plane. I felt the weightlessness take me and I started spinning, I immediately stabled myself and I flattened out. I kept falling, I hadn't seen the vertibird yet but I saw our leader a bit behind my position, shouldn't be too hard to regroup with him at least. After I got within a certain distance of the land I pulled out my parachute and I floated the rest of the way down to the earth.

Now, I wasn't anywhere near home, now I was in China.
Trevi

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:14 am

Aron quickly injected the Psycho. He had done it once before. He strapped on his parachute with extreme quickness. He stood behind the captain. He could see the puffy clouds floating in the sky, seemingly free to move where they wanted. The ground seemed distant now. All he could see was a blur from this high altitude. Suddenly he heard the captain. his adrenaline rushed. He was excited. He didn't think when he jumped out of the plan. All he could feel was the rush of wind speed by him as his body propelled towards china and an unknown surface.
Stacy Hope

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:42 am

Suddenly Aiden was cut off by the screaming alarms in the Wolverine cockpit, quickly reaching under his seat as the squad leader had informed him of the psycho-filled syringe. He'd quickly jam it into his neck and cringe as his eyes instantly went bloodshot. He'd continue to grab a shoot from the shoot-rack and strap it on, ready as hell to do something fool-hearty and stupid thanks to his low tolerance to chems.

He'd then follow suit, jumping out of the Wolverine and flipping his goggles over his eyes in one smooth motion, attempting to spot the men that had jumped before him so he could land where they did. Nothing went through his mind, he was intensely focused and due to the psycho, fully pissed-off.
Tiffany Castillo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:11 am

As I was falling I made sure that I had the psycho in my hands, I'd quickly jabbed the other one, so fast I hadn't even realised it. I was getting really agitated, but I would deal with it. I hit the ground and injected the other syringe of psycho into my system, I was now going over the edge but I dealt with it. I stumbled around and gathered up my parachute, getting it into one un-goddly mess, I then sighed and stopped for a second. Looking at China, country of all our troubles.
casey macmillan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:29 am

He made out a figure already on the ground. Aron was gaining on the earth fast. He measured it right and pulled out his parachute just at the right time. The dark expanse grew on him until he finally decided to inject the other Psycho. A relief rushed over him. He landed with a thud but hardly felt it. He saw another on a hill to his left. He waved over to the man. Then he grabbed his parachute and headed towards the man. He made sure he left no clues that he had been there before. Although Aron was big and burly, he was careful and smart.
Samantha Jane Adams

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:25 am

Max jumped out the back of the plane. He checked his altimeter and airspeed "watch" as he fell through the sky. They were high up, he had time to "fly". He looked at the ground, it was so different from Portland, his home town.

He checked his altimeter once again, and saw he was at 2,000ft. He grabbed the rip cord and the parachute lurched out, sending him to a sudden slowdown. He checked where he was, he was a few feet from some of the guys, out of rage for any of them to hear him. He flowted down, he was relaxed a bit. He touched the ground gently.
Lawrence Armijo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:47 am

After a few moments in agonizing, yet exhilarating free-fall, Adam pulled his chute. The wind grabbed it and started pulling him violently towards the mountains. He bent his knees and braced himself for the impact; after three painful minutes of falling he finally hit the side of the mountain, about halfway down. He had smartly absorbed some of the shock, but he had still hit a very hard surface, and he felt something in his leg crack slightly and he impacted and then proceeded to roll down the side of the mountain. Finally he landed on flat ground, in a valley field surrounded by men from other squads who had jumped earlier.

Around him, dozens of men were lifting to their feet, shoving Psycho into their legs and shoulders. Adam pulled the needle on his last shot and pushed in straight into his calf muscle to stop the pain. His leg wasn't broken, but it was sure gonna hurt like hell in a couple hours.

Gathering himself, he rose to his feet and looked around for his men. He spotted what appeared to be floating dots overheard, but he knew it was the rest of his squad. He hoped to God that they landed near him. A lump formed in his stomach, however, when he saw the Vertibird break formation with his Wolverine.

It zoomed over the mountaintop at high speed and then dissipated beyond his line of sight, beyond the mountain. Adam cringed and hoped it would land nearby. Meanwhile, the infantry around him began forming up to join their own Vertibirds.

((OOC: Congrats guys, that was a very well-played out beginning. I based this scene in my head off of the beginning from Band of Brothers, where the squad landed in various regions and had to get their own gear. If you haven't seen the miniseries, (understandable because not all of you are from America, which is fine) you should definitely check it out. It's one of the best pieces of fiction based on WWII ever created.))
Ridhwan Hemsome

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:06 am

I kept an eye on everyone and everything, I sighed, thanking god that everyone had pretty much landed in the same place. I sighed again, looking around, "So, Captain, what's our next move? Chase after the vertibird that decided to fly off away a fair bit?" I yelled over to him, but still managing to keep extremely quiet.
Poetic Vice

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Max walked over to the commander. He rested his M14 on his shoulder, and walked over with a sort of mocho triumphant look to him. He pulled out a cigar from under his armor, and lit it quickly. He took a nice long drag, and blew the smoke into the sky.

"So where to commander?" Max said handing the commander a cigar to celebrate.
Allison C

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:44 am

After falling for around a minute (though it seemed like an hour at the time), Aiden had spotted both Sgt. Lachon and the Squad Leader already on the ground. Flashing back to Airborne School, Aiden would pull hard on his shoot to slow his descent, making it easier to maneuver exactly where he wanted to land. After reaching a spot only a few yards away from the two, Aiden would quickly shift his body weight to the left and bend his legs, rolling to the side and preventing injury.

Aiden would then detach the shoot from his back and shake off the effects of the psycho injection, sprinting over to the other two and speaking to them in a loud voice do to the adrenaline still pumping through his veins. "HEY GUYS, ANY IDEA WHERE THE VERTI IS?!"
neen

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Adam turned in relief to see that his squad landed relatively close to him.

"That's correct, Sergeant. Our first task is to find that Vertibird and get our gear. Everyone from our Wolverine who is currently MIA will hopefully be there as well." Adam looked around and did a quick head-count. There were twenty-five men on his transport, and he could only see a half a dozen.

"Squad, listen up. We're going around this mountain, through the jungle valley. We're going to have to be incredibly quiet, none of us have weapons and we don't want to get caught with our pants down. Okay, let's move out." Adam led the way and began trekking towards a growth of jungle that led around the far side of the mountain.
Aliish Sheldonn

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:09 am

I sighed with relief, I didn't feel comtarble without a weapon of some kind, even if I could hardly even aim. The red-dot sight did help though... I grunted, moving after the Captain. It was cold but wet at the same time, like a rainforest, a freezing rainforest, my type of country. I grinned, this could actually be fun if I had a weapon and knew how to use it properly!
Suzie Dalziel

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Aron once again felt weak without his weapon. He had never trained much without a weapon. He thought using his fists was obsulete, but that was obviously not true. He followed after the captain. His eyes were looking around the whole time. He moved cautiously. His large legs moved at a swift pace compared to the others. He arms dangled lifelessly by his side. "This doesn't seem safe." he said in a loud whisper.
Spaceman

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:12 pm

Aiden would follow the captain and regain his composure, silently berating himself for that small slip in judgement. He'd crouch down and follow closely, staying vigilant in case of an enemy ambush.

Odds were the Reds' picked up the Wolverine on their radar and were sending strike teams to their position at that very moment. They truly need to haul ass.
sophie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:44 am

Max felt exposed. He didn't like that at all, he looked around at all the foliage and shrubs. It truly was a jungle out there. He didn't like china, and the first chinamen to give him trouble would be getting a pistol round right through the head. Max followed close to the others.

"So where are the rest of you from, I got that your from Seattle." Max said pointing to his fellow soldier.
Damned_Queen

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:02 am

Aiden had to laugh to himself after the soldier he was speaking to earlier reminded him of their previous conversation. He'd been totally and completely thrown into a state of hyper-awareness after the sirens went off, and this had helped him get his mind right.
Killah Bee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 am

Feeling desperate, Adam increased his pace to a run. The squad was now cutting through the underbrush at lightning pace, and the Psycho was really starting to get him pumped. He had forgotten all about his leg by now.

Suddenly, with his enhanced senses, Adam heard a crack in the brush. From his left, a Chinese man, wielding a large wooden pole, leaped from the shadows. Reacting with chemically enhanced reflexes, Adam grabbed the man's pole and twisted it away while with his other hand striking the man's elbow, forcing him to release his weapon. Adam then grabbed him by the shoulder and elbowed him across the temple, knocking him unconscious.

He leaned over the man's body. He was wearing farmer's clothes and sandals. "This is no soldier, men. Just a farmer protecting his land." He picked up the stick and tossed it to Aiden. "I'm sure you can use this better then I can. Now let's get going before we meet some real soldiers. The Vertibird should be just through here." Adam pointed to the light pouring through the brush.
Ysabelle

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:09 am

Noticing the captains encounter with the local yokels, Aiden decided to quickly grab a rusty knife off the farmer, preparing for a worst case scenario type of situation.
lucile davignon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:16 am

Aron was impressed by Adam's reflexes. The chinese man seemed defenseless but had no right to attack him. While the others left he looked down and felt the mans temple to make sure he was ok. Aron did have a soft side.
joseluis perez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:03 am

Max looked at the frightened chinese farmer. He gave him a dirty glair, and moved on. He looked back at the chinese farmer.

"Your lucky I don't have my gun [censored] or I'd end you right now."

Max quickly got irritated, and moved on with the others.
priscillaaa

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:20 am

Aiden would turn to Max and shove him slightly, angered at his remark towards the farmer. "Hey man, you don't treat non-combatants like that. For all he knew we could've been cattle thieves or somethin'."

He'd then continue to follow the captain, retrieving the rusty knife from his satchel and entering a reverse pommel stance, ready to strike at any enemy coming from either side of the trail.
jesse villaneda

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Adam broke through the last layer of heavy jungle to find himself in the center of a gigantic clearing. A huge grassy plain had developed in the area between the mountains, and as he entered he was greeted by few hundred soldiers and a solid twenty Vertibirds. In the Vertibird closest he recognized the pilot and the other soldiers surrounding the area.

"Come on everyone, get out here!" He yelled. At the Vertibird, he picked up his Assault Rifle and grenades and latched them to his armor. With a crowbar he tore apart a crate of Stimpacks and Blamo Snack Cakes.

"Sorry I couldn't land sooner, I didn't want to park the bird on you guys." The pilot said. "Anyway, we're setting up a base camp here, and I just got a radio message saying you guys are gonna march into Beijing tonight." Adam nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, that's what I heard too. Did you hear anything from the T-51bs?"
"Nah, nothing. Those big heavy sons of [censored]es are gonna take hours before they make it here. You guys don't have that kind of time."
"That's what I figured. Anyway, make yourself useful and come help me load my guy's equipment off here."
Alyna

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:36 pm

Max looked at Aiden highly irritated. His face was full of anger at that moment, he bit down on his cigar, clasping his teeth together almost.

"Hay pal, its his kids and his country who attacked us. Don't you tell me how to treat them, they killed my friends, and I plan on killing every chinese I see. Or would you rather have them breed a new army and attack us all over again. If you get in my way, I promise I won't hesitate to injure you in anyway I can."

Max trotted off, he didn't want to speak to anyone. He couldn't understand why someone would want to treat the enemy fairly. He knew the chinese didn't take prisoners and if they did, the prisoners were probably treated very unfairly. He continued on, ignoring Aiden.
Mackenzie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:53 am

I wandered over to the vertibird I'd stuffed my stuff into, I pulled it out and strapped my weapons and pack on. I sighed, I wished I could've been someone more important, it'd make it so much better, rather than just tagging along, hacking systems and repairing stuff. I sat down on the ground and started munching into a can of cram I'd found in my pack. I felt sick, I was so tired of fighting non-stop. I layed back on the ground and savoured the moment of not doing anything.
James Hate

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion