Operation: Beijing

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:10 am

Operation: Beijing

In 2067, we valiantly defended our homeland from the Communist Chinese invaders during Operation: Anchorage. The entire operation took hundreds of American lives, but we showed the world that the "good ol' US of A" would never back down from a threat to her people. Now it's time to prove our resolve, and take the fight to the Chinese on their soil. This time it's their land, their families, and their country.

Your mission is simple. Two weeks ago we landed shocktroopers on Chinese soil, equipped in T-51bs and carrying the best weaponry the military can provide. Our initial blitzkrieg was effective; with the element of surprise on our side we managed to take most of the Chinese coast. However, the Chinese are mounting a sizable defense around their capital of Beijing. You, along with the rest of the paratroopers, will touch down outside Beijing, meet up with our ground team, and then take the capital for the United States. With their supply lines cut off and their government offices captured, we should have no problem ending this war once and for all.

The future of the United States is up to you, boys. Make us proud. But remember, no battle plan meets first contact with the enemy.

To sign up for the RP, post your character in the http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=994475
Inol Wakhid

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Adam Miller stood on the freezing oil drilling platform, with his arms crossed to save some spare heat. He had been stationed in the middle of Alaska since the end of his last operation almost two months ago, and it was really starting to bother him.

Next to him was a military Vertibird, whirring loudly as it prepped for takeoff. Down the row of the drilling platform Adam could count four more Vertibirds before the horizon dissipated into a haze of blizzarding snow. He gazed at the group of two hundred or so infantry units who sat in front of him now, all piled up together and sitting on crates of ammunition or supplies. Each group was separated from each other by about ten feet, marking the divisions between squads.

"Okay boys, ready up!" Adam shouted through the fifty mile per hour winds and hail. "I want all cargo on the birds, now! Load everything on, and then get ready to board the Wolves!" The M-077 Wolverine Transport Unit was basically a gigantic plane that could hold up to fifty paratroopers on a cross-Pacific flight. The current plan was to load medical supplies, food, and anything else that took up unnecessary weight onto the Vertibirds, and have them follow the Wolverines to China. Each Vertibird would then touch down with the squad that jumped from the Wolverine and supply them before they went into battle before leaving to refuel. It was a good idea, but Miller was still skeptical about landing in enemy territory without ammunition.

Miller grabbed the cargo latch on the Vertibird and threw it open, revealing an empty space to store everything. "Come on boys, I don't have all day! Launch is at Oh-Two Hundred!" As his boys began to load the transport, Adam Miller walked across the frigid platform to his squad's Wolverine and signaled to the pilot in the cockpit that he was almost ready.

Almost ready for the biggest mission of his life.
benjamin corsini

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:36 am

Hearing his CO calling for members of Aiden's battalion to gear up, the veteran soldier would strap his flak vest over his cammies, his trusty rifle hanging from a shoulder strap on his back.

"Double time you maggots!", the always-pissed-off Captain would scream, still having the ability to make Aiden get his butt moving double-quick. Within minutes Aiden got from one end of the snow-covered newly restored US Anchorage HQ to the other, hopping inside a Wolverine transport vehicle and strapping himself in.
Samantha Mitchell

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:54 pm

(OOC: ThatOneNwah - Can you just edit your post for one word?
The cargo is going on the Vertibirds, the people are flying on Wolverines. When we drop, the Vertibirds will land with our gear and supplies. You're going into this mission with no ammo or medical supplies!)
Christie Mitchell

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:14 pm

I sighed, jumping around in the crisp weather. I was cold, but not freezing like everyone else. I'd gotten used to the cold pretty quickly, I preffered the cold actually. I walked over to the vertibird that was pointed out and I put my equipment into the hatch. They must've thought we were crazy by paratrooping down without any weapons or ammo. I grimaced and walked over to the Wolverine, I got ready for the jump. I started putting on all the paratrooper equipment, I checked it and double checked it. I was not in the mood for falling down to my death.

I waited outside the Wolverine, waiting to hear any more orders or just in case someone wanted to talk to me. But then again, who would want to talk to a techie?
Sista Sila

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:24 pm

((Gotcha))
willow

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 am

Chris climbed inside. He hated the cold, but he though, hey, its either cold or coward!. Checking his gun scope, he put his stuff into the bird, all except his flask of whiskey, which he always drank in the cold, disobeying or not.
Big Homie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 am

Crawling into the cramped Wolverine, Adam eyed his men. They were all Sergeants, handpicked from the best squads from across the country. They were much different then what he was used to, there was no fear in the eyes of these men.

"Listen up, men." He yelled. "This is the most important mission that the US has ever developed, and we're dropping without weapons or ammo. Just for the added challenge, right?" He managed a weak laugh. "Listen, when we hit the ground, the most important thing is to find the Vertibird. I don't care where you land, or where it lands, but that is our meeting point. Understand?"

Finally, Adam closed the hatch to the Wolverine and patted the pilot on the back. "Okay men, good luck and godspeed. Here we go."
Quick Draw

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:27 am

I laughed, this was my type of briefing, short and quick. I strapped myself into my spot, waiting to take off and waiting for everyone else to get ready as well. I sighed, I must've been picked for a reason, but I'm sure that reason was only to get the other men into the enemy systems and keep their weapons maintained. I grimaced, I wouldn't turn back now, I'd show them that I could survive out there on the battlefield.

I looked around me and I saw all the other men, they all looked like good soldiers, I knew I'd be paratrooping in myself, so I'd try and get as close to the vertibird as possible. The longer I had to trek, the bigger the chance of me getting slaughtered.
Franko AlVarado

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:27 am

Sergeant First Class Aiden Sanis would listen to the squad leader and think about the many different ways this operation could go terribly wrong. If the vertibird got shotdown, him and the rest of the paratroopers would get slaughtered. Suddenly he'd wished he'd brought an extra pistol, if only to put himself at ease.
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:01 am

Aron sat there looking at the others. He felt open and weak without his minigun. He didn't like that feeling. He had been ready for this. His training had gotten him ready for it. Months of pushups, situps, pullups, and running laps seemed to help. He also enjoyed shooting his minigun. The gun could rip through anything. Once he had set up a perfect set of combat armor, much to one of the officers disapointment. The man had watched as Aron ripped through the mint condition armor with only ten rounds. Which only took about half a second to shoot. He smiled. He hoped this mission would be a challenging one. He wanted to go home. But he also wanted to go home knowing he did something for the U.S.
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:39 am

Adam looked out the tiny porthole at the sky beside the Wolverine. Above the clouds and snow, the scene was beautiful. The morning sun reflected off dozens upon dozens of other Wolverines and Vertibirds, all flying in perfect formation. It was truly a sight to behold.

"Okay men one more thing. We'll be jumping straight into hostile Chinese territory, past the US-held coast. We won't see any friendly faces besides each other for a few hours minimum until we can roll our T-51bs into the area. After we get our gear we'll be making a beeline for the capital, and hopefully everyone will reach it at about the same time. But we're gonna be walking through about six miles of enemy territory, and mountain territory at that. So I want everyone, I repeat EVERYONE on guard at all times. I'm not losing a single man today, do I make myself clear?"
kelly thomson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:28 am

"Sir, yes sir!" I yelled out to him, emphasising on the whole sentence. I could understand what he meant, I'd been in charge of a group once, we lost one man, one of my best friends... I grunted, if that vertibird got shot down, we'd be screwed. I waited to see when we'd have to jump, I hoped it wouldn't be to long, cause I was itching to check out some tech or shoot something.
Hannah Barnard

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:38 am

Feeling the undeniable tension in the Wolverine mounting, Aiden would start up a conversation with his fellow soldiers, hoping to take their mind off the suicide mission they'd been handpicked for. "So, what's your guys backgrounds?"

"I started out as a regular infantry, fought in the Battle of Anchorage and got a bronze star for my troubles. Apparently picking off 17 Reds' from over a thousand yards made me eligible for sniper school. Go figure."
Elina

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:17 am

I looked at the man who'd spoken up, I started, I decided to say something, "Well, me? I'm just a techie, I never really got any bravery medals, but I've hacked into almost every type of system you've heard of, you name it, I've hacked it. Oh and if your weapons broke, come to me, I've got a lot of spare parts in my sack, which is on the vertibird..." I stopped, I chuckled, "Let's hope that vertibird doesn't get shot down!"
Tikarma Vodicka-McPherson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:15 pm

Aiden chuckled as the soldier who replied seem to be thinking the exact same thing he was at the moment. "I know right? And man, let me tell you... Those Reds' don't hold the same values we do. "Prisoners of War" is as much gibberish to them as their language is to us."
Elizabeth Davis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 am

"Well, I know none of you boys have ever served under me before, so I'm a new face for you. I'm just your everyday rifleman with a good sense of humor and a devlish smile." Adam chuckled. "The brass set me up here after I raided a Chinese comm depot for intel. Took in four men, and brought every one back." He fidgeted nervously in his "seat", really just a metal protrusion meant to hold the doors closed.

"I got a Purple Heart in Anchorage, too. Got shot in the shoulder by a Red machine gunner." Adam peeled back his Combat Armor shoulder plate to reveal a decent size half-moon scar. "I killed that man with my bare hands."
Laura Tempel

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Max worked on his rifle, checking to make sure it was clean. He was a tough soldier, had lost alot of CO's and friends in the war, and now was out for blood. His best friend had been shot through the chest while they assaulted a small Chinese bunker in Alsaka. Max had suffered a shot to the shoulder, but had survived. That's when he learned his best friend had died.

The squad seemed to be of good guys, Max couldn't complain about it. He was more focused on getting revenge on the Chinese.
Cccurly

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:22 pm

Aiden, having not served under the squad leader in the Battle of Anchorage, had in fact heard of his heroic exploits during the war, but decided not to mention it on account of looking like a kiss-ass. "That's no small feat, sir. Those Reds' train in hand-to-hand combat more'n you and me train with our rifles."
City Swagga

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 pm

Aron looked at the man he had heard of as Aiden. Aron gave him a curt smile. "I'm Aron. I mostly like to work out. It takes my mind of other things I don't want to think about. I use a gatling and a 44. magnum. Even though I doubt I'll be able to carry that gatling all across china, much to my dissapointment. I hope to make good friends with you men. And not enemys..." Aron stopped his sentence abruptly. He was dozing of. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes to keep himself from going back there. Not now. Not Now during one of the most important missions of his life.
Andrew

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:38 am

I laughed, Aiden had a sense of humor, excellent. "Yeah, I think you might be right there, they're tenacious those Reds are," I chuckled, "But seriously, that's amazing sir, that's something I wouldn't have heard anyone else being able to do." I then laughed out loud, thinking of a good memory, I didn't voice it though.
Talitha Kukk

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:07 pm

"A heavy gunner?", Aiden said somewhat relieved. "Good. Those Reds' are a sneaky bunch, and I'd rather have someone with a weapon like that watching my six."
Justin Bywater

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:35 am

Max rested his rifle across his lap, looking at the other soldiers. He was intrigued by the commander's story, he was glad that he wasn't the only one who had done something crazy in Alaska.

"So where in the states are you all from? I'm from Oregon. Its a nice place sometimes, expecially during the summer."

Max smiled, and tried to relax.
Emily abigail Villarreal

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 am

Aiden smirked as he found a fellow West Coaster, deciding to tell him where he hailed from as well. "Washington state here. Little city called Seattle. Lotta hippies, but at least the crime rate is low..."
Mario Alcantar

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:45 am

I smiled, "I'm originally from Australia, moved to the U.S when I was 14, lived in sunny Florida until the Red's started screwing up life for everyone else," my smile turned into a grin, "Not many Aussies in the U.S military to my knowledge, I guess that's why I'm a techie, I'm different." I laughed.
gandalf

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion