TES V Ideas and Suggestions #188

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:56 am

Bethesda. Judging from Bloodmoon, you're going to use some names and words inspired by the Nordic mythology again. And your voice actors are going to be British or American. Unless you find out the pronunciation of the words and tell the voice actors to learn them, you're going to look like morons to all the Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Icelandic customers/players/fans.

Sk?l, said Udyrfrykte to J?rmungandur as he raised the skull filled with fine mead.

Sorry but even I dont have the right ? in my keyboard.
Céline Rémy

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:02 am

Bethesda. Judging from Bloodmoon, you're going to use some names and words inspired by the Nordic mythology again. And your voice actors are going to be British or American. Unless you find out the pronunciation of the words and tell the voice actors to learn them, you're going to look like morons to all the Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Icelandic customers/players/fans.

Sk?l, said Udyrfrykte to J?rmungandur as he raised the skull filled with fine mead.

Sorry but even I dont have the right ? in my keyboard.

This.
Dj Matty P

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:37 pm

Here are several ideas I have thought about which IMO would make Skyrim a great game, if included:

Combat:
? Locational damage
? Unsteady bow which will make your bow less accurate but require more “gaming skills”.
? Kicks like in deadly reflexes
? Strangling when using hand to hand in sneak mode or maybe even in real combat?
? Upper/medium/lower punch by hand to hand which may stagger the opponent in different ways for example a punch in the stomach with no heavy armor may cause loss in fatigue and punch in face may cause bleeding and knockout
? Shield bash also like in deadly reflexes but even better
? Piercing arrows which sometimes flies through an opponent hitting another
? Throwable rocks thrown by using the “grab” key while using no weapon (hand to hand), which cause dmg on opponent
? Environment collapse which will cause dmg (like in Dark Messiah, but not that excessive!)
? Flaming arrows that looks cool and will set fire in opponents/environment
? Knife sneak attack /backstab in sneak mode
Spells:
? Spell combos! (like burning oil)
Skills/stats overhaul:
? More like role playing skills like in D&D: Diplomacy, intimidate etc. – I really can’t think of anything better right now, but I think it needs to be MUCH different from Oblivion.
Realism:
? Environment benefit/drawback/effects: slower in cold weather/snow, cold breath
? Protagonist voices: Hear breath when fatigued etc., heavy armor sound
? Less life overall because in real life you won’t survive like 50 arrows – then a better evasion system is required: A shield should block arrow and blade dmg, but blunt will destroy your shield.
If two blades for example hits each other they won’t deal any dmg but instead both will be staggered. Also a higher overall dmg for blunt weapons but lower evasion ability.
? A hardcoe survival mode that requires sleep and food/liquid like in fallout
Graphics/animations:
? When hitting someone in the head by a blade chance of sliced of head and if hit by a blunt weapon head might explode. Limbs might have a chance of fall off, but one might still survive but maybe die over time
? armor/chest and feats are seen in 1st person view and also the view is affected by the helm (this feature may just be an option in the gameplay menu)
Roleplaying elements:
? Mini games like dices or playing cards or even homemade food which may increase morale (morale will be used like adds to the luck skill for a duration, it will affect everything you do), bar fights, approval points by NPC’s inspired by dragon age
Vickey Martinez

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:08 am

Great faces, a stellar storyline, and hard or tweakable and intelligent gameplay. That's all I ask.

And of course, the Construction Set. This time my role will be reduced to "observer" status. Too many work projects in the works. :)
Latisha Fry

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:44 am

I hope Bethesda keeps the button that you use to move stuff around in the environment so you can arrange things in your house or what have you.

God the hours I spent arranging my house in Oblivion, putting books in the bookshelf and placing trophies all over. XD
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:35 am

I hope Bethesda keeps the button that you use to move stuff around in the environment so you can arrange things in your house or what have you.

God the hours I spent arranging my house in Oblivion, putting books in the bookshelf and placing trophies all over. XD

Yep. I also hope they add more customization, and more use for houses.

Also(like i mentioned earlier in the topic) ive always wanted to be able to buy a farm, instead of a house. And that the houses was more usefull(perhaps being able to hire servants,which could gather ingredients or something else for you. Or perhaps being able to marry), rather then the house just being one big container.
Haley Cooper

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:50 am

I'd love to see a return of the companion wheel, it made things so much easier in fallout new vegas, ok i know obsidian came up with that but it would be cool in this game. Also some companions would be nice with their own quests.

I'd also like to see a return of the crossbows, also what about having some Dremora outcasts in the game as a small community somewhere, possibly as some sort of gang of thieves.
lolli

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Apart from the standard stuff like minimal level-scaling, good dialogue, lots of item and big world, I would like the roman style Imperial armor to return.
Flutterby

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:43 am

I would love to see that . like if you happen upon a bandit camp at night you could set explosive and actually destroy it while they slept, or burn a wood house down,

also leaves falling from the trees in fall and even trees growing as the game progresses would be awesome. not sure if it'd even be possible tho but i can dream...
Conor Byrne

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:38 am

.....Explosives in TES? This isn't Fallout :(. As for burning down houses, destructable terrain isn't really going to happen with a game of this scale. I just can't see it.
Ludivine Poussineau

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:53 am

I think this might be asking a bit too much... maybe in TESVII? :rolleyes:
Melly Angelic

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:33 pm

Bare minimum: seasons! It would be awesome to have seasons! Burning things down would be interesting, but where does it stop? Can I burn down a forest? A city? At what point does the actually MQ become unplayable? Seaons though, I'm going to actually HOPE for that.
Gavin Roberts

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:29 am

I agree, it is asking a little much. Dont get me wrong though, i love the idea of sabotage, burning down a building/shop with a torch or flaming arrows. Especially in a siege.
Eric Hayes

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:10 am

TESV should be a set of 20, 2-dimensional linear missions for hand-held consoles only. Each mission should end in a boss that your character (which you choose from a list of stock characters, and you have to be an imperial) fights in a cut-scene because the boss will be so bombastic and oversized that it would be ridiculous for your character to be able to kill it otherwise. After you finish all 20 missions, the game goes to a cut-scene where it shows your stock character and all the bosses dancing with the stock enemies as background dancers. After that, it goes down a list of the stock characters with their names in honor of them. If you watch all the credits, you get to do a bonus mission which involves your stock character having to dodge unexplained balls heading in his/her direction.
Sian Ennis

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:03 am

Decent to good RPG mechanics and writing, less cuddling the player with questcompasses, levelscaling and less streamlining. That's all I ask and suggest.
Life long Observer

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:18 am

Anything that resembles Mount & Blade:

1- More unforgiving.
2- No level scaling.
3- Greater challenge comes by fighting larger numbers of enemies or enemies skilled with the sword, no enemies with bloated hitpoints unless it's a dragon.
4- Big battles. I mean BIG. Lots of NPC's on my screen. If the consoles can't handle more than 3 simultaneous NPCs, please still keep the population active for the PC users.
5- Detailed combat system with directional blocking, some parrying. Counter attacks would be nice too. Special moves.

I liked how New Vegas had a few unique martial arts moves like leg sweeps and leap charges.
Sherry Speakman

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Something I would like to see.....the element on my enchanted weapons. If my sword does fire damage, have a flaming sword, not just a red flash when I equip it.

Oh, and a way for Xbox 360 users to get simple mods. That would be fun.
Gavin boyce

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:49 pm

The ability to forge and craft armor, weapons and items (sorta like WoW).
More fluid animations.
New magic spells. (bring levitation back!)
Isabel Ruiz

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:02 am

Levitation with npcs able to fly also and flying sorcerer battles! (maybe far fetched but bare in mind for future)

More imaginative alternatives to level scaling to keep the gameplay challenging!

Some new books!

A genuine sense of wonder

A real sense of journey travelwise, no easy fast travel for lazy people. Preferably an ocean crossing on a ship or something!

Don't dumb down game for console owners

An archery contest

To be marketed as a rare and priceless leather bound book which will transport you to another place! (bit like the book out of never ending story).

Awsome vistas but without the bowl shaped map which shows up it's size! Oblivion was good and had great vistas but felt like the whole thing was set in a single valley!

Bring back the boots of blinding speed!

more imaginative spells than Oblivion

Errr, loads of other things but they've all been said!
Alexis Estrada

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:13 am

The Arena in Oblivion that lies within the walls of the mighty Imperial City is a cool feature and a nice touch gameplay wise. I love the whole arena idea, and I think that the concept could be improved to make it even grander in Tes V.

I consider the arena to be a diamond in the ruff, but think what they could do! Increase the size, challenge, reward and so on is a step in the right direction. But so much more could be added, so now my question is..

Do You have any solutions/ideas to this aspect? Any input is welcome, but no blows below the belt. :)

Hey I agree. The simple way to do it would be to copy a similar storyline from the Gladiator movie on the Arena questline! I'd be happy with that! Maybe copy elements of the storyline for oceans 11, 12 and 13 for the thieves guild quest too ha ha ha!!! of course!
Alexxxxxx

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:48 pm

I would love to see loading screens with not only gameplay tips but also quotes of wise old sayings like Galahaut has done with his inspiring Atmospheric Loading Screens mod-

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8958

Its the only mod i have found myself still using now that i have the hardware,audio and monitor setup which makes OBLIVION shine in all its glory.
saharen beauty

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:17 pm

The area of the game I am most eager to see some change/addition to at the beginning, when the player creates their character.

I would really like to see some voice customization for the character creation, but probably more meaningful to me than that is concerning the available races to choose from for the character.

I stuck with the Khajiit race in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, that seemed kind of lion-like in appearance, overall. Since I don't really play PC games, I only play the console ones, so I can't make use of whatever mods and such come up for Skyrim.

That being said, I would really like to see some wolf-like race to be able to create your character as in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. As a gift to those home video gaming console Oblivion players such as myself, bring it on. :biggrin:
KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Vinegar as a beverage in Skyrim
And Ra as the over refenced, overworked bartender who sells it.

Isaiah Burdeau

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:35 am

http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1148993-official-skyrim-suggestions-and-ideas-1/
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim