TES V Ideas and Suggestions #188

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:22 pm

I want to not start out as a prisoner, being sent for whatever reason under the employ of the Emperor Titus would be ideal for me.
Epul Kedah

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:42 am

So long as the skyrim culture is rich and deep. Oblivion lacked that element for me.
Great game, but it just didn't feel as...interesting. Interesting structures, interesting lore, culture. Stuff like in morrowind. All that good stuff.
Monika

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm sure it's been mentioned, maybe even implemented already... How about dynamic camera angles when having conversations i.e. Dragon Age, Mass Effect. Wouldn't it be cool to see our characters decked out while talking to someone instead of a being focused on just one person? I also like the idea of a DT system from NV being ported over in some manner.
sw1ss

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:47 am

socrates200X: http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1148082-skyrim-trailer-breakdown/page__view__findpost__p__16782843.

I hope to see a lot more varied chit chat between game NPCs, so that this sneaky joke does not apply in TES V any more. :)

P.S. get rid of pre-voiced dialogs and you can do it a lot easier.

Don't worry, there aren't any mudcrabs in Skyrim. Though I did see a Riekling the other day...

Seriously though, future ES will not go back to plain text. I wish they improve interactions with NPCs though.
Cheville Thompson

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:09 am

I also hope they got more voice actors. I mean even more than FO3. And I'm curious who Turducken will be playing...
KRistina Karlsson

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:29 am

Damage treshold takes damage away equally to the DT rating, meaning an anttack that does 40 damage against a DT 5 would do 35 damage, which would relly give a bigger difference comparing light and heavy armor. Max DT of light armor could be 10? Heavy armor maybe 18? you must note that the best weapon at best skill level does about 30 damage.

well, it's actually "damage = (attack-DT) * ((100-DR)/100), I think.

Glass should be higher than most heavy armor, though. Hypothetically, steel will block damage up to a point, and once you exceed that, it still slows down the blow as the weapon penetrates. Glass... you pretty much want that to stop almost everything right up until it shatters. High DT, low, possibly negative DR (so if you take damage, shards of your armor hurt you as well as the blow), and one of the lowest durabilities in the game.

On the other side of the coin, you could make Daedric have a slightly lower DT than Ebony, but the highest DR in the game. Leather, on the other hand, would have a very low DT, but a modest DR.

DT and DR don't really make for an interesting armor system unless used together ;)

Do I want to stop all damage from mudcrabs, or am I interested in taking less damage from the heaviest hits? It blurs the progression... and if we can blur whether light/medium/heavy is the bet option for a character moment to moment, why not do that too?
Romy Welsch

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:36 am

Ropes
Cheryl Rice

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:18 am

Beards
Roanne Bardsley

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:05 pm

What I think I always wanted to have is +1 Area every game, so in Morrowind fine, you just have Morrowind, then in Oblivion you have both Morrowind and Cyrodiil and then in this one I want to have Morrowind, Cyrodiil and Skyrim, this way you have a HUGE game, and while the main quest would be mainly in Skyrim, you could jump to the other areas to have other cool quests.

Or you know how they always talk about rumors from other areas like Elsweyr or High Rock, it would be cool if they'll have quests from there and all, so you can hear a rumor about some big robbery, or strange things, then you can have the option to go there just for that quest but won't have the option to explore the whole of High Rock etc., just a little part of it for the quest, I think it would help the lore :P
Kay O'Hara

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:05 am

this is my suggestion to TES V

1) SKILL\Fighting sistem.... i wish an improve about the fighting of course.... because in the previus game was boring...will be really cool if anytime you impreve your "SWORD SKILL" you learn new combo..or new moves...make the fighing more varius...

2) improve the diferences between each class: will be cool if you are a thief...you canb learn more skill to walk on the wall...jump from wall to wall...or have different move to kill the enamy in close combat...make trap....if you are a warrior...maybe you are more strong and you can smash door with the sword...have a more complex figh combo...pulling big rock with a kick....

3)mprove magic...i loved the customizzation of the magic spell in TES...but i would like they push even better...having spell to freeze character (like bioshock)...use telekinesis to trhow heavy object in enemy face....different kind of fire spell...fireball from the sky.....fire tornado....multiple fireball....using the spell to manipulate the enviroment....and a graphic improvement about the spell...

4) DIALOGUE\QUEST SYSTEM: will be cool if when you talk with NPC you can play as a evil or good character....and have different choice in the quest..like bioware did with KOTOR (the best in my opinion)

5)more skill and game more closer to Morrowind: oblivion was a really cool game but for many aspect seems the casual version of morrowind..... and i hope the next TES will be much closer to morrowind..and more complex
Killer McCracken

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:47 am

Cliff Racers. New and improved.
Chloe Botham

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:39 am

The things i would like to see added is:

*Non-combat pets(even farm animals perhaps)

*More house customization, and more use for houses.

*Relationships(being able to marry, which would provide you with a extra income etc.+. easily combinded with housing, to make it more usefull)

*Beards and more long hairstyles.

*More type of weapons(spears,throwing weapons) and more choices of armor.

*Better animations and graphics for spells and combat.

*More factions/guilds, with more choices.

*More unique voices for each npc race.

*Improved magic-system and combat.

*More impressive and varied nature/landscapes. And more weather.

*More travelling npcs, and things that make the world feel more alive. More randomness in towns(people fighting, the guards arresting various criminals and putting them in prison, to be released again later, festivals/events). The towns should be far more full of people, and have more things happening. Oblivion always felt rather static, even though the npcs schedules etc. was a great add to the game, it all felt too little random. One of the things i found very entertaining was to be in the Olafs inn in Bruma and sometimes people started fighting quite randomly, i want more of that.

*More quests. And more things to do outside of questing and dungeon crawling. Like more things smilar to the arena.

One thing ive also always loved is the idea of being able to actually build ur own house, farm or even castle. They could put of certain areas on the map, of places were you could buy property. And there could be various choices of what house/houses you wanted to build, or type of castle, and there could be further customization.
You could choose to add a type of wall around the property, with a gate to secure it from bandits and beasts.
Or even the option to build up a entire village, and having random people move there. Could be a big sidequest-line, with you being the lord/ruler of the village, having to protect the villagers, chosing what type of shops or buildings or jobs you wish to promote there, hire soldiers to protect the place. Earn money and so on. With a good amount of customization and choices. If they added something like this it could easily be improved very far with mods aswell.
Jay Baby

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:50 am

Cliff Racers. New and improved.

And increased numbers of them.
Rachel Hall

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:50 am

And increased numbers of them.

And let them be extra annoying.
Gen Daley

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:26 am

Here's my list:

No pop-in; I expect almost zero glitches. One celled world, what we saw in Morrowind, and what closely resembles Morrowind, FONV. I do expect Blizzards to resemble sandstorms fr Morrowind, atleast with the slowing you down part. I DO NOT want to see VATS, or SPEACIAL. If I do, Todd, we will have to have a conversation. A better, much more organized inventory, above all journal. Bring back the letter system search that Morrowind had, I knew that atleast with that I wouldn't have to scroll down the thousand quests I did. And do not have only bout 50 or 60 quests, have 200 or so, it's possible, you devs can do it. I don't, I and really don't expect, Sky to fall short at all, but to make the rest of the games coming out next holiday blush, and for Sky to make even the very first games for the next gen of consoles to blush. It should and it can be that good, where when it is released it'll only be three weeks to the VGAs and it's already won every award including GotY. I want it to embarras Nathan (Matt) Drake (Damon). I want to to embarrass Shepard; Mercer; Fenix; nothing should come close to it. The only genres it shouldn't be nominated for are the onions ones: best independent; original (atleast im pretty sure it can't be nominated for this); shooter; RTS. But it should be nominated for everything else, and win, it should stamp it's superiority as the leading RPG franchise for atleast the rest of the decade. I think I made my point, I hope it was as cold and sharp as the weather is here.
Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:08 am

I would have suggested picking one of the more interesting parts of Tamriel, like Elsewyr. But like Oblivion, clearly they've preferred to take the easy way out and do another pseudo-human one. Ooh, Vikings.
Stacy Hope

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:44 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-elder-scrolls/708368
i <3 life again
Poetic Vice

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:23 am

A (side-)quest for Hircine's Ring (so you can change into a werewolf) would be great! :thumbsup:
Emerald Dreams

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:14 pm

I could go to the richest, largest city in the land, find the richest, largest district of that city, break into the largest, wealthiest looking house there, and find a chest in the bedroom with a very hard lock, open it....and find calipers, and maybe tongs. Two hours later, I may find 20k worth of armor on the corpse of a man who lives in a ruined fort and robs passer by's of 10 gold coins for a living. That also made no sense, and wasn't very fun.

But you should remember that too much realism ruins games. Or that's what I've always told when I ask for realism -.-

bring back morrowind style guild advancement

Better idea: Bring back Daggerfall style guild advancement.
-You can gain ranks only after certain amount of time (1 advancement per month)
-You can fail quests, lose faction standings and ranks
-You can even be kicked out of a guild after you lose enough faction reputation
-Faction reputation is lost also if you spend months and months without visiting or questing the faction
-Each faction has an infinite amount of jobs to do.
-Even has the skill requirements you so much liked in Morrowind

Edit:
Myself just a while ago:
IF the game is set in Skyrim...
-Summers are warm, even though very short. You can still grow crops. There are flowers, bees, honey, and ultimately, mead. It's NOT just snow all the time.
-During summer nights the sun don't set. The more north you go, the longer the 'midnight sun' period is.
-During mid-winter, the sun don't rise. Same as above.
-When it's dark enough, you can sometimes see the northern lights.
-You can collect most of the mushrooms only during the fall. Same with most berries. Only few mushrooms grow at spring or summer. Some berries are only ripened under the snow, and are harvested in springtime (more interesting alchemy)
-Lakes are fully covered in ice most of the winter, and it takes some manpower to hack a hole in it. Ships are stuck in ocean harbours unless they have ice-breakers or use magic.
-Accidentally falling in icy water is usually lethal.

Jenna Fields

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:25 am

And let them be extra annoying.

Hopefully with refined screeching sounds.
ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:26 am

I would really love to see karma system implemented. It is not realistic that you can steal so much stuff , kill much people , and still be good character ... Also, people can't tell difference from stolen and other items (Except the unique items).
And also improve guard system. If guards see you do something illegal, in one city, you won't be wanted in other cities. If you did a big crime, after few days, you will be wanted in other cities too, because message will be sent to other guards. Something like that ... Also, maybe add a way to disguise so guards/people can't recognize you.
JLG

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:45 pm

The Arena in Oblivion that lies within the walls of the mighty Imperial City is a cool feature and a nice touch gameplay wise. I love the whole arena idea, and I think that the concept could be improved to make it even grander in Tes V.

I consider the arena to be a diamond in the ruff, but think what they could do! Increase the size, challenge, reward and so on is a step in the right direction. But so much more could be added, so now my question is..

Do You have any solutions/ideas to this aspect? Any input is welcome, but no blows below the belt. :)

I beat the arena at level 5. Highest difficulty.
Not so epic.
They must change enemy auto levelling
LuCY sCoTT

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:51 am

Hopefully with refined screeching sounds.

what are cliff racers?
Susan Elizabeth

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Now that Skyrim is announced, here are the list of things i really wanna see:
Alot of these are inspired by the excellent mods made by the talented modders in our community

1) Ridable Dragons (Truly enjoyed that mod in morrowind where you could ride a dragon. Hey if a modder can mod that in, i don't see why bethesda cannot do it)

2) More emphasis on underwater landscape, maybe even an underwater city or 2 to explore

3) Proper implementations of Vampires and Werewolves (Beautiful Vampires and Ferocious Werewolves please, not the crap vampire system they had in Oblivion)

4) Mounted combat and more types of mounts and more types of mode of transports (Eg: Horse Carriages, ridable ships/boats etc)

5) Children in Skyrim and more npcs walking around in skyrim please

6) Better looking villians (Just look at how ugly Mannimarco looked in Oblivion compared to the lore.
Just LOOK at this vanilla Mannimarco:
[img]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/17166/678427-mannimarco_large.jpg[/img]

Just compare Vanilla Mannimarco to this excellent Mannimarco mod
[img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rGUoRHqBgbo/0.jpg[/img]

7) No leveled enemies please. I don't wanna see brigands/highwaymen holding Daedric weapons lol

8) Real flowing hair (PhysX) hair, PhysX capes etc

9) Random Holidays implemented so we can occasionally see the citizens celebrating holidays with fireworks etc would definitely add to the feel of the game.

10) The ability to delete/remove/unlearn spells that we do not want.
Nomee

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Less streamlining and dumbing down.

Please.
Sarah Kim

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim