"Bethesda's latest potential masterpiece."

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:22 pm

So would I, but I can't get GI where I live. :shrug:

For all you folks saying GI is not sold where you live, I read just yesterday, though I can't remember where, that they do offer a digital subscription to GI. I haven't looked into it personally but maybe that could be of use to you?
FoReVeR_Me_N

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:41 am

Doesnt GI do international subscriptions? I am sure they do!
Ebou Suso

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:36 am

Doesnt GI do international subscriptions? I am sure they do!

I am sure they don't. The subscription page says "Currently not available on-line".

Now that I've looked it up, it does say that you can inquire about international subscriptions through customer support, but I doubt they'd change their policy just to deliver one issue to Belgium :V

EDIT: Also even their customer service seems US only, what with you having to fill in a subscription number and your state :V
Love iz not

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Eh I'm not looking for a subscription, I just want the issue with Skyrim in it. :nope:
TWITTER.COM

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:41 am

I bet someones going to put it up online the Mag Interview (Not this forum but elsewhere). Things like that always find a way to make it online outside of the GI site. The UESP will probably have like a paragraph on the mag interview like "The GI Mag with Skyrim hit stores everywhere and is now available, Bethesda tells us over a 12 page inteview???".
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:05 am

12 F-ING PAGES!!! Screw Christmas, anyone got a time machine?
brian adkins

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:24 am

This is the latest twitter update from Bethblog...

"While you wait for the next @gameinformer issue, you can check out the current mag, which features four pages looking back at the series"

By the looks of it, GI is gonna take a look at past games in this article, so I would assume the Feb issue will be almost entirely 12 pages of Skyrim.
bimsy

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Calm down everyone. If you're the editor of a magazine about to have an exclusive look at a game, you're hardly going to sell copies by saying beforehand the game is average. Of course they're going to hype the game. And of course any new elder scrolls will get emotional reactions. I'm more interested in specifics in the article than their opinion of it being awesome or not.

Makes sense after all how many people said they were buying a GI just for this? Im not going to give in, my money stays in my pocket where it belongs for when i... uh. Saving is good.

Though I will stop into a gamestop or a bookstore and read the article, cant wait! 12 pages is a lot, we'll no doubt get some nice juicy info :celebrate:
Andrea Pratt

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:37 am

It's hard to calm down when all sources are combining skyrim with superlatives, for instance if someone missed from Hines twitter "Showing Skyrim to Euro staff and some distr. partners today. Very high praise. Couple folks said they were stunned how good it was. Woot!"

"Stunned"? It sounds electric. xD But seriously, I have high hopes for Skyrim, I mean sure the players will find something a bit disappointing about it, but all in all I think this will be an excellent game, I'm not the kind to let any little thing about it ruin the experience, so I'm fairly open to it.

Heck, it bothered me back when playing Oblivion that they had Vampires, not Werewolves... <.< But hey, I did all kinds of stuff in that besides completing the main quest, I completed all the Mage's Guild stuff, got a ton of Nirnroots so I can get Grand Elixir of Exploration (at least I think that is what the strongest one was called...which I never really used because it was such a precious item to just use up), and a whole lot more, loved that game overall, the spell making was great fun. :biggrin:
sw1ss

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:09 pm

This is the latest twitter update from Bethblog...

By the looks of it, GI is gonna take a look at past games in this article, so I would assume the Feb issue will be almost entirely 12 pages of Skyrim.

Yeah, I read my roommate's copy last week before the announcement and was all, "Wow. Why are they randomly going back through TES games? Are we getting a new one?"

Lo and behold...
Astargoth Rockin' Design

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:29 am

Calm down everyone. If you're the editor of a magazine about to have an exclusive look at a game, you're hardly going to sell copies by saying beforehand the game is average. Of course they're going to hype the game. And of course any new elder scrolls will get emotional reactions. I'm more interested in specifics in the article than their opinion of it being awesome or not.

i agree, though GI would shoot themselves in the foot by saying its awesome if its just average. my bet is its somewhere between average+++ and revolutionary awesome ;)
ruCkii

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:21 pm

I might subscribe now :)
Quick Draw

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:33 am

Was Dec issue about Portal 2 and Jan issues is about Tomb Raider right?
Dylan Markese

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:51 pm

Was Dec issue about Portal 2 and Jan issues is about Tomb Raider right?

The December issue is about characters who defined this decade.
james kite

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:54 am

The December issue is about characters who defined this decade.

Thanks man. I got to go renew. I didnt get that issue.
Abel Vazquez

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim