Red Sky Over Washington

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Here's a good one: When you teleport your molecules may not realign properly and you could either be horribly killed or end up inside a wall or something. That makes sense.

Okay then thanks ill change it
Keeley Stevens

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:10 pm

(OOC: my char does not just get tierd after using his powers he falls into temporary comas at any point power use or no, and what part of the F.E.V has scientific basis. the problem with this thread is that there are about 8 cypher characters, 2 vulcnas and as far as im aware no red hand soldiers, the point of veiw is really lopsided.)

(IC)

___________________________________________________________________________-

Aston looked down the alleyway, somewhere in this stinking shell of a city was the arms dealer that could make or break the vulcan war effort. when Aston had heard the number of guns that could be accesed from this apparant civilian he demanded to go himself, something seemed wrong about the whole deal and Aston trusted no-one better than himself in these situations. There had been some sort of trouble with a few cypher rebles earlier in the day so he was able to pass through the city virtualy unchallenged beacause of the clean up.
Hulse walked through the door of the dealers shack, it was musty damp and stank of decay, sticking out like a sore thumb in this hovel was a tall man with a well trimmed beard and a spotless duster, maybe ex regulator. " Captain Hulse? " the man asked his voice higher than Aston had expected, almost comical coming from a man as tall as himself. " that would be me, and you your the famous mister Davenport. Are you not? " the man was clearley taken aback by Aston's knowledge of his name. " You claim to have found an old enclave weapon cache somewhere north of here, and have offerd to give them to me and my kind, am I right?" Aston sounded authortive and calm, but inside he could feel the man did not have the fear that made this so easey most of the time. " I belive i said I would sell them to you." the man took a step closer to Aston standing almost half a head above him. " 10,000 caps for the location, or i'll inform the hand of your presence in thier city. Im sure a high ranking insurgant like yourself would fetch somewhere near that in bounty." The voice was cold and told Aston that wether he paid or not the Red hand would be outside the door in a matter of moments. Aston whipped his hand out and wrapped it around the mans throat, drawing his left side SMG and shooting Davenports companion without so much as a glance. Hulse pressed the SMG against the weapon dealers head " the weapons, where are they? " Davenport tried to answer but his voice was cut off by Aston's hand, Aston loosened his grip but pressed the SMG harder into his head " Tom Bianchi's diner theres a key to the basemant on Ted's body" Davenport glanced at his fallen comrade. " Good luck getting there ,you'll never make it out of the city." Davenport attempted to spit at aston but it just dribbled pitifully down his chin. Aston pulled the trigger, released Davenports lifless body and walked out of the door, a shiny key bouncing on the string around his neck.
Aston made it about a hundred metres to the city gates beofre the Red Hand caught up with him. Twenty men, Aston was a good soldier but he wasnt stupid, he stood stock still with his hands on his head. " ON THE GROUND NOW!!!!! " Aston stood still " ON THE GROUND NOW!!!! THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!!!!"

I hope this is a good setup for a member of any faction.
Antony Holdsworth

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:10 am

Aron looked at the other soldier in front of him. He explained that he was in control of the ant. Before he could explain the rest more red hand soldiers came around the corner. He ducked behind a wall and shot of more rounds, blindly. He heard the click that the weapon was out of ammo. He pulled out another magazine and placed it in his gun. He felt to weak to try and summon another insect so he decided to take them down with bullets. He unloaded a few more and took more cover. He hoped the others were faring better.

OOC: ok ill add the weakness that sometimes he loses control of what he summons. only sometimes. that why the ant attacked the other cypher soldier.
Amy Gibson

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:57 am

Jonathan quickly rushed around the corner to take cover. He took out his glock and fired a few rounds blindly before actually looking at what he was shooting at. He shot a few more rounds and he hit the stomach and lungs of one of the red hand. The soldier fell on his knees when the pain hit his body he was bleeding profoundly, he even looked like he was crying. In that small moment Jonathan actually felt sorry for the kid, he looked no older than sixteen but he quickly reminded himself that they were the enemy and they had to be killed. Jonathan glanced to his right and saw the remains of what was a ladder to the roof. He climbed the ladder and was on the roof and surveyed the situation. surviving the fall was easy but he had to react quickly before the other soldier killed him. He jumped off the roof while removing the katana from his back and thrust it in the head of the red hand soldier but didn't react quickly enough and the other soldier hit him on the ground and aimed the gun at Jonathans head.
sam westover

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:56 am

Jacob watched as all hell broke loose. Aron's Ant had gone rampant and began attacking civilians and soldiers alike. He felt a pang of guilt at the sight of innocent people being ripped to shreds. We're supposed to do good, this isn't helping anyone! The hand soldiers swelled in numbers and soon took the creature down. Its mutated corpse began to shrink slowly and the grinding of bones could be heard as they slid back into place. The Hand soldiers turned their attacks on the two Cypher's. Jacob and Aron ducked around a building as a newcomer joined the fray. Jacob didn't recognize this Cypher, but it wasn't at all important to him now. Right now he had to focus on survival. He brought his old M4 to bear and aimed down the sights. Squeezing off short controlled bursts, he managed to take down five of the seemingly limitless enemy. Jacob dropped the rifle to his side, magazine expended, and unholstered his two P230 handguns.

"We need to get out of here! I'll hold 'em off, you two run! That's an order!"

OOC: I definitely agree with Tayroc on the need for more creative weaknesses. Getting tired should be the normal thing, but maybe you want to make your weakness re-occuring. A one time combustion of your body or blowing up in a fiery nuclear explosion just isn't going to happen without killing everything. Maybe teleportation should go hand in hand with temporary paralysis, or x-ray vision with short term post blindness. The only reason Jacob doesn't have a weakness is because he doesn't have a power, which is ironically his greatest weakness and strength.

By the way, this is the wikipedia link to my handguns. I am in love with these things. They are a ton of fun to shoot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_P230
Amy Siebenhaar

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Aron heard the officer and started to run towards the old saloon. His progress was interrupted by a red hand soldier. He took cover and shot of more rounds. Two connected and ended the mans life. Aron continued making progress until he saw the marketplace. It was only occupied with a few Hand soldiers and he might be able to avoid their scanners. Staying low he moved past the stalls. The citizens looked suspicious, he hoped they would not rat him out. He saw the saloon and continued on. He sped past a Red Hand soldier and through the doors of the old saloon. The saloon had a few customers in it. He nodded to the man standing behind the counter and walked to the back of the saloon. He squeezed through a small doorway marked "Do Not Enter!" and heard the muffled voice. "Password?" "Six, eight, five, four." replied Aron. A hidden door opened and he slid in.
Add Me

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:57 am

OOC: Sorry for double posting but I just like to RP and no one else replies.

The small outpost was simply a large labratory with a few hallways connected. Aron had always loved this place. He was once put on gaurd duty here and got accustomed to it so much they let him have his own room. So this was were he lived. He said hello to some of the scientist and told them what had happened. They nodded and walked of, looking concerned. Aron walked down one of the hallways until he reached his room. He took out a prewar key and unlocked the door. His place consisted of three rooms, a bathroom, bedroom and a main room. He had a minigun mounted on the wall and a small workbench in the corner. An old CD player stood in the opposite corner, even though he only had two CD's. He walked over to his couch and sat down, recounting the days events. After a few minutes of thinking he decided to work on his power armor. He had recovered it when he found a B.O.S body just outside of Red Haven one day. Just as he grabbed some scrap metal he heard his intercom beep. "Aron we need you upstairs ASAP." "Ok" he replied. He picked up his assault rifle and walked out of the room, pondering what the scientist could need.
Elina

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:09 am

The bullets tore trough the soldier aiming the gun at his head "We need to get out of here! I'll hold 'em off, you two run! That's an order!" "There's no way I'm leaving you here alone!" He shot a few more bullets when the other cypher soldier started sprinting towards the doors of the saloon. "heh left us here alone." The Red hand kept coming and coming there seemed like there was no end "[censored] we have to get out of here I'm almost out of ammo" A red hand soldier then shot Jonathan in the stomach with four rounds."Damn!" he then sat next to the door." Ill get us out of here and we might die but its not much better here" He then used his remaining energy to teleport him and the other cypher to the cypher home base. "br-in-g th-e d-oc-ter h-e-re." He then collapsed on the floor

OOC:kinda svcked i know i just couldnt think of anything
Nany Smith

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:05 am

Theo pressed on into the saloon, swatting enemies away every now and then, alternating it with bursts from his rifle. He kicked open the saloon doors. He put down a red hand and looked around. His allies were no where to be found. He was confused, briefly before he thought about Jonothan and smiled. "Well alright." He said and looked around the saloon. Drinks were scattered around, as well as plates and cups. Theo walked over and picked up a chair, righting it before taking a seat. He reached into the pocket of his hoodie and pulled out his mentats, popping a few and putting them back. He leaned back and closed his eyes, feeling the familiar high. He stood up and strode back out into the wasteland. 'I should probably get back to the base..' he thought to himself. He started walking torwards the cypher base.
Laura Elizabeth

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:31 am

Aron didn't think it was worth it.... going to save a Vulcan soldier. But it was an order and he always followed orders. The scientist had told him to go after a lone Vulcan soldier that had been discovered by the red hand. They thought they could use him to figure out information about future plans for the Vulcan. He sprinted through the small town towards the entrance. Avoiding Red Hand gaurds scanning innocent civilians he noticed six red hand soldiers pointing their guns at a man on his knees. Now was his chance. He was lucky enough to see hornets sitting on top of a rotten apple beside a trashcan. His mind quickly morphed the flies into bigger more dangerous ones. He commanded them to attack and they did.

The first one grabbed two of the soldiers and crushed their heads between his giant claws. The other one used his giant stinger to stab another man in the gut just as he had reloaded his gun. The others ran for help and Aron walked up to the surprised Vulcan soldier. "Your coming with me, if you want to live."
Justin Hankins

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:49 am

Aston looked at the man standing infront of him with a look of disbeleif, all through his time as a captain of the Vulcan army he had never seen anything like what he had just seen. Obviously he had been grossly misinformed about the level of Cypher's abilties and power, Aston began to simulate in his head calculateing a million stratergys in mere seconds but there were insects everywhere, a steady strem of ants, a few woodlice and even a spider, all simulations ended badly. Many thoughts ran through Aston's mind, does he know who i am? How high up was he in the Cypher structure, Aston would never live it down if the other officers found out he had been captured by mere soldier. Aston gave out a sigh and got to his feet and mutterd under his breath " after you ". Aston then noticed one of the fallen Red Hand soldiers crawling towards his rescuer the sting hole in his chest obviously fatal it seemed the soldier had just enough left in him for revenge on the unsuspecting rebel, Aston imediatly flung a bone dart out of his palm striking the soldier in the throat with pin point accuracy. Aston turned to his captor and said " One good turn deserves another wouldnt you say? "
lacy lake

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:04 am

Name:mason Briggs
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Appearance: green eyes,black hair 5'11 wearing T-51b power armor with a green painted helmet
Weapons:p-94A1 plasma rifle and a .45 colt peacemaker(family heirloom)
Superpowers:none
Weaknesses:bad right leg making it impossible to move quickly without his armor
Equipment: pip boy 3000-a,night vision and thermal optics for armor,5 stim-paks,500 micro fusion cells and 250 .45 Armor piercing rounds
Faction:Red Hand

Disposition to Red Hand:believes there tech is the only way to save the wastes but believes them in need of a regime change
Disposition to Cypher:he thinks they need to be broken up but is beginning to think they may be saviors
Disposition to The Vulcans:murderous rebels
Disposition to the Commonfolk/Wastelanders:they must be protected
Outlook on life:hopeful

Backstory:born in the Raven rock base he was trained to be an enclave soldier. but after the enclave was destroyed he joined the Red Hand
and quickly rose through the ranks to colonel to do his expertise.
Chenae Butler

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Aron nodded solemnly, even though inside he was very great full for the unsuspected rescue. He told the other man to go first and move fast. But if he tried to run, then he would not hold back his fire. They moved through the alleys quickly while Aron shrank back the insects except for one fly to their normal bodies. The man was fast and Aron had never taken a prisoner before. He had took the mans weapon so he did not worry about the man turning on him. He then told the prisoner they needed to stop and wait for a group of Red Hand soldiers, obviously heavily armed and highly ranked, passed by. He then noticed the dangling key on his neck. Curious about the fact that most prewar keys were destroyed he asked the man a question. "That key.... whats it open?"
Carys

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:17 am

" I was on my way to find out when our freinds jumped me, i was in town because a suposed weapons dealer had made contact saying he knew the location of an old enclave weapons cache with tech even greater than that of the hand. he double crossed me so i killed him and took the key." Aston said this without turning his head to look at his captor, the man was a good soldier and had taken his guns but had not thought to tie his hands leaving him with his greatest weapon his darts. If Aston could get the soldier to lower his gaurd and maybe trust him a little then he could take him down with a dart before he was able to enlarge more insects. " So your part of Cypher? What exactly does your missguided group of freedom fighters intend for the wastes? As far as i can tell your sole purpose is the destruction of the hand with no care of the anarchy this would plunge the wastes into. At least we have a plan for the people. Have you ever thought not even once that the people of the wastes would benifit from being like us? We are the next stage of evolution, We all know that the F.E.V released on airclaw was a very small amount. There is enough for the entire wasteland we can make them super humans like us and then be able to unify and bring back the old America, strong, powerfull and organised. You and your group of well intentiond fools would deprive the people of this, you are no more a freind of the people than the Red hand. Seriously what are Cyphers plans for government if they manage to win this war? "
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Aron had never though of it that way. The man had a good point and he made a lot sense. Aron searched for a reply but could not think of one. "I don't know." "We never really talked about it during our rallies and meetings." Speechless, Aron was stunned. The fact that the other soldier made a point was stunning. "So you guys plan to turn the whole wastes into superhumans?" "That could work if used the right way..." Aron looked over the man once more. He was thinking over what he should do next. His body told him to take the man to the outpost but his mind was telling him something else. "I would do anything to get out of this horrible town." "I will go with you to this weapons cache." "Under one term." "We will not kill any innocent wastelanders." "Unless they are openly hostile." He had hoped the man would agree. He was tired of doing chores for the Cypher and he wanted to get out and explore some.
Crystal Clarke

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:02 am

Aston grinned, he had succeeded in planting the seeds of doubt in the soldiers mind. " don't worry i have never killed a civilian unless they deserved it." this wasnt entirely true but they soldier didnt know it. " The cache is a diner not to far from here, its meant to be in the basemant. I know the region fairly well and ate at that diner while it still ran. The owner didnt trust electrics and so he kept the old key for the basemant." Aston looked back they were wll outside of the city now, the promise of adventure and maybe a shiny new gun had convinced the Cypher soldier who had come to learn was called Aron to allow Aston to take him to the diner, it would be secluded and the basemant if truely was an Enclave facility it would be sterile and insect free, But that was bridge best crossed when they got to it the boy was good company and had saved him from the hand Aston would be sad to see him die. " Did your CO tell you who I am? I am curious to see if i still have my old reputation amongst my ex AIRCLAW compatriots."
dell

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:56 am

"I have heard of an Aston from a few of my friends. I am not sure that it was you." They were walking through the wasteland a few paces apart. The sky was clear today. "I didn't mean to offend you, about the innocent civilian comment." Aron looked into the sky once more. For some reason he felt ok to spill his personal secrets to the man. "My dad was a raider. He killed almost everyone he came by. My mom tried to change him, but he was to stubborn. Either he was high of of Psycho or drunk from drinking to much beer. Everyday he would come back to our house in Rivet city wearing a normal wastelander outfit but I knew, and my mother knew, what he was really doing. One day he didn't come back. We waited weeks and weeks and still he never came back. My mom was too afraid to venture out in the wastes, so she sent me since I had just turned seventeen. The mutants had killed him. They tore up his body and threw it in the back of an old truck." Aron looked down as anger rushing through him. "Even though he was a raider, I loved him with all my heart. I don't want you to pity me, but I want you to know that my life hasn't been easy and I think mindless killing will not solve any problems. We should be creating life not destroying it. We should Liberate, not Conquer. If we could all somehow agree to cease this mindless killing then someday we could successfully restore Americas spirit once and for all. And rebuild this country one step at time. If turning humans into supermutants will help cease this violence then I'm in." A tear dropped from his eye. "My mom died on her way to Red Haven. The mutants found her."
Nicholas

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:08 am

Aston felt sorry for the soldier, but these things happen in the wastes and people should be prepared for the harsh reality of life in this hell hole. " I know how you feel, my father was a refugee from yorkshire in a country a long way away called England, this country had been in civil war ever since the bombs first fell. My father fought for many years against the tide of [censored] gangs, murderers and aresenists but eventually i was concived and he fled the country for America to save me, life was hard we lived on the outskirts of the capital wastes my father taught me how to be soldier he taught me chivalry, respect for the enemy and all the ways of the gentleman soldier, then one day a raider group came to our sttelment. My father challenged the leader to a duel, the raider accepted as my father turned to take his ten paces the raider strode up behind and shot him in the back of the head. I saw it all." aston felt the pain of that day regrowing inside of him as he spoke but his voice did not convey the sorrow. The diner started to appear over the horizen. "We are here", Aston took out his pocket watch, the initials YJ set out in precious red stone gleaming in the sun " five o'clock, they will notice my abscence soon."
Sylvia Luciani

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:03 am

OOC: Last post for tonight

The story the man conveyed was also quite terrifying. He felt a little sadness towards the other soldiers life. He then noticed the diner in the distance. When they were closer he saw a ruined sign and a few old cars out front. He also heard the familiar tramp, tramp of a particular animal. Turning quickly around Aron blew the molerats head of with one shot. Checking to make sure the rest of the area was clear, he and the man walked into the diner. The abandoned place was strewn with trash, overturned tables, and some small radroaches nesting in a corner. He set down in one of the diners seats and rested. He still wasn't at 100% due to summoning so many of the large insects. He took out and old liquor bottle and took a small sip. He placed it back in one his many pockets and sat back, watching the other soldier, wondering if he could trust him.
Tessa Mullins

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:25 am

OOC: I may well call it a day after this to

------------------------------------------------------------

as they enterd the diner Aston made a decision, the Cypher rebel would survive at all costs.the sheeer amount of insects in the wastes gave this young man the power to be a decideing factor in the dark days to come. If Aston could take him under his wing and mold this impressionable young fighter into a younger version of himself then the Vulcans would be even closer to winning the war, he already had him questioning what Cypher would do after the war. " We will wait until nightfall when the lights of the basemant come on, then we will see what Mr Davenport stumbled upon." Aston walked toward where his guns lay to retrive them incase the two men were found by raiders or lesser mutants (OOC: super mutants.). The diner was quite defenceable and they had a good veiw of the area surrounding them, it would be incredibly difficult to sneak up on them. Aston looked down towards the door to the basemant and was filled with a sense of forboading and fear, he had not been afraid of anything ever since his 4 month coma. Even today as he was surrounded by Red Hand soldiers, huge hornets and a Cypher soldier he had never been scared. This door though filled him with dread, something was behind it something familiar Aston turned away and put the fears to the back of his mind he sighed and went to sit against the other end of the room. Aston started to think, about the war, about the diner basemant, about his father and about his vision for the wastes, but eventualy as always his thoughts drifted to Ysabel and the night he had discoverd his powers. He could feel a fit coming on, it didnt take long he soon felt that knot in his stomach and fell face first into the floor completely comatose and sensless.

OOC: magnum bebop if you think the diner basemant is a bit of a big development for someone who isnt the OP to make PM me
Stu Clarke

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:36 am

Aron ran over to the man laying on the ground, seemingly knocked out. He checked around for enemies just in case the they had somehow knocked him out. He then ran back to the man and checked his pulse. It was moving at a somewhat fast rate. He lightly slapped the man and he still lay there unconscious. He decided to go to his last resort, just in case the man was getting ready to die of maybe Radiation poisoning which was the worst possible situation. He never carried any RadAway. The only thing he liked about the Red Hand was that they kept the place almost completely Rad-Free. He sat down in front of him and completely cleared his mind. He was going to try to breach the mans mind, figure out the exact problem. This was how he morphed insects into the large beasts they are. He breached there mind and gave them power. There bodies were so small only a small amount of energy could accelerate their growth by thousands of years. He then looked at the man and concentrated on him for a few minutes until he felt the familiar loss of vision. Usually when he breached the insects mind he transferred energy and then immediately left. This time he stayed. The mans mind was dark and had frightening images all over. He could not find what was making the man pass out. He then saw it. It was fear. A part of the mans mind was enveloped in fear. Aron knew the cure. He transferred a small amount of energy to the man. It wasn't enough to physically alter the mans body, but it could give him enough power to surpass the immense fear located in the back of his mind. Aron then woke up. He looked outside. It was almost completely dark. The man was now shaking. The sweat dripped of his face and he slowly woke up. As if coming out of a coma. "Yes....that's how I do it. I breach the insects defenseless mind and transfer energy. Altering their bodies by thousands of years. I hope I didn't invade your privacy. But with all that fear you could easily die of simple moderate radiation poisoning. Your immunity would shut down. With the energy I gave you I temporarily expanded your mind. Allowing you to surpass the fear. But I warn you, it is only temporary and next time it comes I won't be able to help." Aron got up. He felt tired, but injected a stimpak into his arm. That gave him enough energy to get up and walk to the darkest corner of the diner were the door was. "This is it. I'll go first."
MR.BIGG

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Aston woke up staring up at Aron who had somehow been able to take him from his temporary coma, he was so close this time he coulf feel it but then he had been awoken " Aron, thank you for waking me. The FEV has weakend us all and you have just seen the depths of my curse. While i am grateful you woke me up when you did, i must ask that if we are to travel together again to never do this, my mind is my own and the darkness of my thoughts if you fully saw them would drive you insane." Aron started to walk towards the door, Aston started to feel the same sense of forboading as last night but quelled the mutinous thoughts that told him to cut and run, what ever was in there would brig them a step closer to liberating and evolving the wastes. The two soldiers walked through the door, the room was cool and sterile there were drawings and schematics all over the walls, huge lizards with giant claws, telsa aromur designs tech that had died with the enclave. but in the middle of the basemant was a small ball its green light iluminating the darkness of the room. the two men walked over and touched the orb at the same time.

__________________________________________________________________-

OOC: sorry couldnt decide what the orb does so ill leave it to you
have to go so ill corect ant grammer or spelling mistakes later
El Goose

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:26 am

OOC: ooc only, il be on later tonight i cant type now. its gona be hard to think about what the orb could do
Arnold Wet

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:10 am

I was gone from the internet for a while... it seems this thread has taken on without me. How unfortunate. I guess you guys will just have to control the story's plot without me.
Brandon Wilson

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 pm

OOC: you could just come in with all guns blazing and a massive twist that would refocus the the story to what you had wanted it to be
Tina Tupou

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion