Red Sky Over Washington

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:51 pm

Backstory

It's Washington D.C., year 2289. A highly technilogical organization known as the Red Hand has begun rauaging the small, makeshift settlements in the area. They use abandoned technology left behind by the destroyed Enclave, the remnants of the U.S. government. A large group detaches from the organization, taking with it stolen guns, equipment, and Veritbirds. They begin to attack Red Hand, as they completely disagree with the cruel tactics they had taken on. Using Vertibirds and nukes, they name themselves AIRCLAW, and become a sort of rebel hero faction to the wastelanders of Washington. War rages on between The Red Hand and AIRCLAW, and eventually it ends violently when The Red Hand unleashes a chemical weapon on AIRCLAW, a weapon left behind by the Enclave called FEV. They tampered with the FEV, supposedly heightening its powers.

The FEV tears apart AIRCLAW, killing most of them slowly and painfully. But, due to Red Hand's chemical tampering, and evolved genetics, some of AIRCLAW is mutated by the FEV in strange ways, ways that the Enclave never witnessed. They adopt superhuman talents, adept athletic abilites, and abnormal or even paranormal powers. Super powers. The remnants of AIRCLAW use their newfound powers to lash out at Red Claw, and they manage to push them out of wastelander-inhabited territory. But soon The Red Hand realizes their mistake, and begins creating tools with which to fight back against these new "superheroes". Special guns and weaponry designed to render their powers useless. Eventually, the "heroes" are nothing but outlaws, and The Red Hand deems them as such, using their new "Pseudo Government" status to enforce law on them. Years pass, and soon the commonfolk accept these superheroes as criminals. The Red Hand continues to rise in power, and whats left of AIRCLAW disbands, and they go their seperate ways.

It is now 2297, eight years later. Two groups have formed out of the old AIRCLAW. Cypher, an underground organization that devotes their time to stealing technology and weapons from The Red Hand, or the "Reds" and using it against them, in an attempt to retake the government and destroy the society established on fear and treachery. The second group are the Vulcans, a more powerful group of superhumans, intent on corrupting society further by turning everyone into "mutants" so that it is a norm, and then overthrowing the Reds and Cypher. Cypher and the Vulcans have similar goals, but are polar opposites in beliefs. Cypher is honorable, trusting, and kind, the Vulcans are usually sociopathic or thoughtless killing machines that prowl the streets. But both have a common enemy: The Red Hand. Winter is coming to the town of Red Haven, a large city built out of the D.C. ruins, a city controlled by Red Hand.

This is where you come in. Do you fight for justice, to free Red Haven of the authoritarian grasp of The Red Hand? Or maybe to mutate all of society, completely wrecking us in the process? Or is it control you desire? To destroy the mutant freaks and reign supreme over Red Haven, and thus Washington. Are you a normal human in the Red Hand patrol, a pyschopathic villian in the Vulcans, or a rebellious member of the secretive Cypher? You decide. But your choice alone may very well decide the fate of Washington, and the fate of superhuman society.

Rules

1) No flaming or trolling other players
2) No language that the board filters
3) Romance is fine, but only as much as the board allows
4) No one liners, make your posts of good length (but not a novel, please) and make them of good quality!
5) You may not post until you PM me your character sheet and I approve of it
6) Make all OOC (Out of character) posts in small brackets that are properly labled, and placed at the top/bottom of your post
7) Always include a bold location tag at the top of your post
8) No super powers that are flat out incredible like Dr. Manhattan, Superman, or Hulk. Keep it basic or at least not overpowerful (I.E. Death beams, inpenetrable shield)
9) VERY IMPORTANT! You may have up to four super powers, but for ever two powers you MUST have a weakness, and it can't be something like "I'm allergic to milk".
NOTE: If you're in Red Hand, you shouldn't have super powers. But you CAN acquire them somehow later in the story. However, I will allow superhuman Red Hand players, but give a good reason.
10) You may have a second character, thus to experience another faction, BUT I ask of you to make it sometime later, so we don't get overflooded with too many characters early on.

Character sheets

Name:
Appearance: (Eye color, hair color, height, weight, outfit, that kind of stuff)
Weapons: (You know, guns, knives, swords...)
Superpowers: (See rules 7 and 8)
Weaknesses:
Equipment: (Non-offensive)
Faction: (Red Hand, Cypher, or The Vulcans)

Disposition to Red Hand:
Disposition to Cypher:
Disposition to The Vulcans:
Disposition to the Commonfolk/Wastelanders:
Outlook on life:

Backstory: (Short tale of your history and upbringing and what not)
Misc. Information:

Red Haven

This is a brief description of Red Haven. It is the largest city in Washington, larger than Megaton or Rivet City. It is completely circular, surrounded by a tall make-shift wall. Guard posts full of Red Hand soldiers line the wall, and various districts. There are several districts:

The Market District (Cypher maintains a small, hidden base within a saloon here)
The Government District (A large "Palace" is here, and a fort of guards. Basically where Red Haven is maintained from)
The Docks (This is a gap in the wall that lies on the potomac, just outside of D.C.)
The Slums (Adjacent to the docks. Here resides The Vulcans, hidden in a secret underground complex)
The Shentel District (A very small block full of pre-war hotels and motels. This is where the small group of nobility lives, the ones who bribed or threatened their way to the top of Red Haven
society.)

My post

Name: Roland Darkwater
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Appearance: Sharp and calculating grey eyes, scraggly black hair, a roughly trimmed, short goatee, small frame built for nimble movements. Roland wears a black leather jacket, dark jeans,
a pair of retro, brown shades, fingerless gloves, and a pair of sneakers. He is tall, and though his frame is small he is quite muscular.
Weapons: A Scoped .44 Magnum, an Ingram Mac-11 Sub-machinegun, a sawn-off shotgun, and a switchblade.

Superpowers:
1) The ability to shoot super thin, extremely sharp wires from his fingertips. They are almost invisible they are so thin. He can twist and bend them, manipulating them like
extra fingers, so he can pick locks or grab or restrain things with them.
2) Roland can turn into barely-visible, totally ordorless grey mist, that he can change from large to small. He can also turn the smoke into a lethal, laughing, or sleep-inducing gas. He doesn't have to turn fully into mist, in fact he can transform just a fingernail into sleeping gas, which he can knock someone out with.
3) Roland is extremely athletic, able of jumping upwards of ten feet, and surviving falls of over thirty. He is also very agile, comparable to a star track runner from pre-war times.
4) Roland is practically a genuis, with an IQ averaging out at 186.

Weaknesses:
1) Roland sometimes falls into a loud, deep coughing fit, that can last for several minutes, almost as if he had smoked for decades.
2) Roland's body, when touched by fire, will immediately ignite, and unless extreme diligence is made to putting out the flames, it would be fatal.

Equipment: Various maps completely detaling Red Haven and the surrounding wilderness, as well as underground tunnels and sewers, an Electronic Lockpick MKII he stole from Red Haven,
Breaching charges, a pack of cigarettes.
Faction: The Vulcans

Disposition to Red Hand: Wants nothing but to strangle their leader and important figures.
Disposition to Cypher: Sees them as just another obsticle in his path of justice
Disposition to The Vulcans: Nothing he cares about, just an aid in his journey.
Disposition to the Commonfolk/Wastelanders: Nobodies. They just sit around, while the mutants do all the work.
Outlook on life: Dim. He only wants to finish unfinished buisness with Red Hand, and his life is unimportant after that.

Backstory:

Roland was in AIRCLAW when the FEV was unleashed. He saw countless friends and family die at its hands. During those days, before the wars, he was a good man, with simple interests and a happy family and wife. But then Red Hand came. And everything changed. He saw the leader of Red Hand eliminate the leader of AIRCLAW, and since then, wanted nothing more than to murder him brutally. Roland had since set out on a path of so-called "Justice" by joining the Vulcans. After eliminating Red Hand, he couldn't begin to care what the Vulcans do with Cypher or Red Haven.

Misc. Information: Roland carries with him a locket containing his family's pictures. Roland also has a pet gecko named Sid that lives in a pocket on his jacket, and he often feeds him pieces of fruit.

--------------------

Note: I'll be posting a little while after this gets started, I'm giving you guys the chance to get this going. Have fun!
Steph

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:40 am

sounds great ill PM a character sheet.
Lyndsey Bird

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:58 am

Name: Aron Moore
Ethnicity: Dark Caucasian
Appearance: Green Eyes, Black short cut hair, 5"10, a wasteland wandered outfit, recovered reillys rangers helmet
Weapons: Chinese Assault Rifle, trench knife, 113 assault rifle bullets
Superpowers:
Only has one super power, and that is the ability to turn small insects into larger, stronger, faster insects.
Weaknesses:
Every time he makes an insect larger and stronger and faster he loses stamina and energy. Also he sometimes loses control of what he summons.
Equipment: 3 Stimpaks, Rad-X, Unclean water, 132caps, old book, 1 nuca cola, an old nuca cola truck he keeps in his backpack
Faction: Cypher

Disposition to Red Hand: Hates there rotten ideas and politics.
Disposition to Cypher: Honors them but has doubts...
Disposition to The Vulcans: If they get in his way, he kills them.
Disposition to the Commonfolk/Wastelanders: Will help them if he has to.
Outlook on life: Wants peace but believes war is the only way to get peace.

Backstory: Aron grew up in Rivet City, Left because he wanted to explore. Loves insects, with radiation poisoning or not. Figured out his powers while killing a group of mole rats. He turned a small spider into a giant beast and he could control it. It made him weak though.
Misc. Information: None

OOC: I will start when we have more characters.
Emma

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:09 am

Name: Aston Hulse
Ethnicity: English
Appearance: Aston is a man of above average height with medium length mousey hair flecked with grey, his eyes are a very dull brown glazed over with a look of cynsism and appathy, he has the build of soldier with broad shoulders and the compact muscles of an athelete. he wares a self constructed green uniform similar to the english nepolionic war style. his hands a permenantly coverd by shiny black lether gloves and his feet are encased in impeccabley clean black leather boots. rolls up the sleeves of his uniform in heavey combat
Weapons: a large hunting knife with exactly 8 notches. two dual weilded 10mm SMGs
Superpowers: Aston is able to instantly anolyse any combat situation and run a vauge simulation in his head in seconds ( sort of like a savant with math )
Aston is able to project dart like shards of bone through his palms ( leaving the the conventional method, messing up his hands in the process ( if you can think of a better offensive power i am realy open to suggestions because i had a lot of trouble with it )
Weaknesses: ocaisional random loss of all senses, regaind in 20 minuites

Equipment:a batterd pocket watch engraved to a Y.J

Faction: Vulcan

Disposition to Red Hand: an obbstical to a better people free of the mistakes of the past. respusetfull of their abilities and wary of there weapons
Disposition to Cypher: traitors to their genetics
Disposition to The Vulcans: a group with vast potential and goals worthy of fighting for, but dissorganised and ill disciplined
Disposition to the Commonfolk/Wastelanders: second class citizens in need of the help of mutation to survive.
Outlook on life: Hulse is an appathetic man who has seen many shatterd dreams and lost battles, the only safe ground is neutrality dont get you hopes up and never admit defeat. Stratagises everything and will use his silver tounge to convince others to do his will. The wasteland is a place in need of help, the mutants were created by fate to provide this help and bring the rest of the world either to their level or to its nesicary extinction.

Backstory: Aston was raised a soldier and will die a soldier, his father was a refugee from england and had seen the conflicts that ravaged a once glorious empire. Aston's father tatood the image of the gentlemen soldier in Aston's mind and taught him stratergy and how to fight. Aston joined AIRCLAW for the experience of conflict with a worthy adverssary, leading many succesfull raids and fighting in many battles. When the F.E.V hit Aston he lost his senses for an entire four months, he spent this time reflecting on the great leaders of the past and how they would bring the wasteland under the single banner of empire. when Hulse awoke he was different, cautious opptomism was replaced with cyncism and he no longer drew the enjoyment of battle, every downed foe was just another corpse now. when AIRCLAW was defeated he roamed aimlessly leading vigilanties against raiders and the like. he came out of retirement to fight with the vulcans and try to orginze them into a cohessive fighting unit as a captain.

Misc. Information: when senseless Astons Eyes go a bright yellow and he bleeds from the mouth.
Tinkerbells

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:56 am

Aston surveyed the murderous rabble in front of him and sighed, they were able there was no doubt they were strong skilled and had plenty of convivtion, organiseing them into a cohessive unit would be a problem though. Many were borderline insane and maybe unable to grasp his teaching, they would be used as examples. Even now as they ran for him so he could see there stamina and breaking point they were a rabble of single preformances, there was no steady pace or teamwork. The run had been going on for 3 hours now and it was starting to show, tentative glances at him looking for a sign for the end of the run, beads of sweat froming on the foreheads of the weaker men. Four of the runners had already collapsed, Aston left them to show the others that no mercy would be premitted in his sessions or on the battlefeild.
They feard him, he knew it there were rumours of executions and beatings, these were untrue but they granted Aston complete control of his group through fear. Almost all of the higher ups in the Vulcan army were feard, most were hated all were obeyed.
" Stop " Aston deliverd the word in a loud authorative burst. The group steadily wound to a hault. " That was abysmal, i have never in all my years seen such an unfit, unprepared rabble. Do you think the Red Hand or even Cypher are going to let you sit in place and take breathers. You, what was it you asked me for only thirty minuites in!? " he pointed at a young man of middleing height and brown hair, he was shatterd and probably didnt have the voice to form an answer
" A bathroom break sir, I asked for a bathroom break. " the words were shakey and deliverd in breathless pants.
" Did you here that men, a bathroom break, do you think that the men out there who want you dead will let you have bathroom breaks? No they wont and neither will I." his word were barked and sounded doubly harsh in his yorkshire accent. " But worse than all that, worse than the abject failure to be able to run further than the distance from your bed to your nightstand is your complete lack of team mentality and organiseation. I was brought here to make you a cohessive fighting unit capable of bringing the glory of F.E.V to the wastes and I will not have you stand in my way. from now on your are to remain with your units at all times eight men to a unit and seven units in all. do i make myself clear? " his voice filcked up to exentuate the question with all the venom of a radscorpion.
" Sir that makes a total of fiftey-six men, we have fiftey-seven. " The voice came from the young man who had asked for the bathroom break, his voice dripping with satisfaction at his mental triumph over his captain.
" well we will have to do something about that then wont we." mutterd aston as he raised his arm and flung a bone dart out of his palm striking the young man between the eyes killing him.
" There fiftey-six, same time tommorw gentlemen, dont be late."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(OOC: im not very good at starting characters and my writnig will improve the further in i get. I dont claim to have complete control over the Vulcan force im just a high ranking officer.)
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:04 am

Aron glanced at the fallen soldier. Poor Boy. He walked over and took the young mans holotag of his body. He walked over to the other soldiers. "How many are injured?" he asked. "Only three" was the reply of a medic. Aron nodded and followed the medic to where three men, each in the prime of their life, were laying. The first injured soldier had two bullet holes in his left leg. Aron continued on to the other two who had smaller wounds. "Ok men we need to head back to the outpost!" he yelled. The medic carefully injected the patients with stimpaks then got other soldiers around him to help carry them. Aron looked at the fallen enemy soldiers. He noticed they were of the Vulcan. He was glad there were only two, but they had killed one man and wounded three others. Glancing down he picked up his assault rifle and started his short journey towards one of his many homes.

OOC: I will be gone for a few days but might be able to get on once in a while.
Kat Stewart

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:55 am

Sorry I was at a friends place for the weekend, I will make my first post shortly. (Tonight).
Fluffer

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:54 am

Name: Jonathan Black
Appearance: Red Eyes, Black messy hair, Stubble, Dirty face, 5,10, 150 lbs, Black hoodie with a spade painted on his the back, black jeans, and black shoes (all black=P)
Weapons: Black steel katana (used when he teleports behind someone), Glock 17.
Superpowers: Shape shifting (can shift into what they used to call a wolf) Can also teleport himself or others. Has an increased lifespan
Weaknesses: When he teleports his molecules may not realign properly and he could either be horribly killed or end up inside a wall. Can only teleport a few times before burning out (running out of energy). Can sometimes lose control of his wolf form when used too much in one day
Equipment: Duffle Bag with a bottle of water, 12 clips of ammo, salvaged Pip boy 3000 on his wrist, Zippo Lighter, 2 packs of cigarettes, Holotapes of wolves in the wild.

Disposition to Red Hand: Hates them with a passion.
Disposition to Cypher: They are his "pack"
Disposition to The Vulcans: psychos but allies nonetheless
Disposition to the Commonfolk/Wastelanders: Wonders why they hate of the Cypher and Vulcans so much
Outlook on life: Not going so good right now put stays positive that eventually they will overthrow the red hand.

Backstory: He always felt there was something different about him and when the red hand released the FEV virus it released his latent abilities. But before AIRCLAW he was part of a group of mercenaries that were like the brotherhood, they look for pre-war technology and tried to figure out how it worked while trying to replicate such devices. Right before the red hand started attacking settlements his friends were killed by the red hand causing him to join AIRCLAW.
Misc. Information: Started Smoking after the fall of AIRCLAW, Likes watching his holotapes of wolves in the wild almost every night and usually goes to sleep in his wolf form.
Katie Samuel

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:25 am

Name: Richard White
Appearance: A tall, muscular man with short black hair and a short, thick beard. He has numerous deep gashes and scars across his face and chest.
Clothing: Plaid work shirt, Beige suit-jacket, jeans, running shoes.
Weapons: .44 magnum, combat knife, scoped .30-.30 rifle slung on his back.
Superpowers:
-The unique ability to control the speed of atomic particles: He can force them to speed up, increasing friction in the air and allowing him to ignite and control fire and conversely, slow them down, freezing the water molecules in the air. He can even melt or disintegrate small objects.

Weaknesses:
-He could at any time explode in a massive nuclear reaction that would devastate everything for miles around.
-food sometimes gets caught in his beard

Equipment: shoulder holster for his revolver, bullet-belt (no, not a bandolier) to hold his ammunition.

Faction: unaffiliated

Disposition to Red Hand: hostile
Disposition to Cypher: hostile
Disposition to The Vulcans: hostile
Disposition to the Commonfolk/Wastelanders: envious
Outlook on life: comical

Backstory: Richard was only a scavenger when the FEV-X was released, and he and his family were unlucky enough to be caught in the fallout. He was incapacitated by the virus and forced to watch while his wife and young son slowly bled to death through their skin. When they finally stopped twitching he screamed out his rage to the world, releasing all his anger and causing his shack, along with most of the surrounding area, to erupt in a sudden holocaust of searing flame and freezing ice. When he regained consciousness he was lying on a bed of glass, perfectly flat and over 50 feet in diameter. He didn't know what happened, only that things were different now. Very different indeed.

Misc. Information: Hates almost all fellow mutants, thinking them responsible for his current state, but will not openly kill them or expose his power unless absolutely necessary.
When he is hunting mutants, he wears an enclosed white mask with a grinning red face painted on it.
Marquis deVille

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Vulcan camp Undisclosed location

Aston did not know how long he had been senseless for this time, from the puddle of blood on the ground and the position of the sun he would guess about three hours, he had never been out so long before. He had started to feel it as soon as the young soldier had hit the ground, like a short tight knot in his stomach, he had come to know this feeling as the calm before the storm. He had just enough time to get to his quaters before it took him, couldnt let the men see him that way, bad for morale.
Aston slowly surveyed his quarters reaqauinting himself with his newly returned senses. it was not much to look at, a small room with an old bed stained with blood from his previous 'forced meditations' , a lamp and old tatterd maps with tactical notes scribbled over key areas, but wether he liked it or not this was home, here he was safe from the Red Hand and Cypher. Aston had been anolyseing what he knew of this mysterious rebel group, he knew they were mutants too and were just as dedicated to the elimination of the Red Hand as they were. Thier numbers, unkown as was the strength of there powers and abilities, they seemed less of a threat than the Red Hand but Aston was not yet prepared to make a judgement on that yet. One thing he knew Cypher could rely on was the hearts and mind of the people of the wastes. Aston chuckled to himself at this thought of cypher as the good guys, people knew nothing about them and from his time in AIRCLAW Aston knew they were not all freedom fighters and peacemakers. the slave shouted for dinner, the annalasys of cypher would have to wait
Aston strode out into the eating tent, immediatly he noticed the fiftey-six men of his group were together as per his instructions, this pleased him, they were learning that going against the will of a superior officer is not a good move, nothing like a public execution to do that. Aston looked down at his plate, iguana on a stick and blamco mac 'n cheese, a truely inspired meal. Aston quickly gulpped down his meal and departed for personal target practice, he had been neglecting his guns as of late to work on getting his bone darts pinpoint acurate. he loaded up his hunting rifle and let loose on the long dead and stuffed Cypher soldier they used for target practice, he hit twice in the gut and struc the neck once while hitting his taget of the head ten times. the stuffed soldier was falling apart " i will have do something about that soon" Aston mutterd to himself. Cptn Hulse then walked over to the pool of water to drink and wash his face and then departed to bed. He was worried, something big was coming. He could feel it deep in the part of his mind that the F.E.V had blessed.

(OOC: if my character is assuming to much power in the Vulcan ranks tell me and i'll scale it down abit. Also about how strong in number are the Vulcans
this is looking realy good so far guys, lets try and take it the distance i would like to see where it can go.)
Jade Payton

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:56 pm

Char:

Name: Jacob Stevens
Appearance: 5'10" slim with light build. Jacob has brown eyes and brown hair. He wears a black hat and yellow tinted shooting glasses. He wears old Winter Combat armor without the helmet. A sergeants insignia is barely visible on his right shoulder.
Weapons: An M4 Assault Rifle and two German P230's. One of which is engraved with the name Robert Stevens, and the other with John Stevens.
Superpowers: Stevens doesn't have a superpower, instead he is a master in the use of weapons. He signed into the Cyphers with the intent of lending a hand in
defeating the Red Hand.
Weakness: The lack of a superpower, thats about it.
NC Equipment: two holsters for his pistols, a pair of shooting glasses, a black hat, and pouch for food.

Faction: Cypher (Officer)

Disposition towards Red Hand: Scum, all of them. They need to learn how it feels to lose everything, starting with their lives.
Disposition towards Vulcans: Misled. They walk the wrong side of life, seeing only what has wronged them, not what has given them new strength to do what is good. Save them if we can.
Disposition towards Cypher: Has the right idea on how to live life, if a little bit too straightforward in objective.
Disposition towards Commoners: Save them all. Innocent lives take priority over old feuds.
Outlook on life: Every life needs to be given a chance.

Bio: Jacob was an Airclaw during the biological attack. He was one of the few who was lucky enough to get away unharmed. He was permanently scarred by the loss of his friends, including Darkwater, whom he thought was dead.

Misc. Jacob is a living reference to Dr. Strangelove's Battle Of Alaska, the first RP i joined on this forum. Jacob is a direct descendent of John Stevens, and Robert Stevens before him. He found himself with a bag at his feet one morning, containing two handguns and a necklace. He never figured out who this was from, or what they meant.

IC: Jacob stood in the doorway of a small trader's outlet. He stared out at the bustling city before him. Red Hand members walked back and forth among the crowd of low-life's, scum, scoundrels, and commoners that filled their lives with ignorance to the war that was being fought directly in front of them. People died every day in their midsts, but they didn't notice. So long as it wasn't them, that is. Red hand guards made only slight glances at him and pointed small devices in his direction. Scanners? Yeah, must be. Too bad I don't have anything abnormal about me! Jacob mused quietly. Soldiers stood awkwardly before him, all of them peeved by his casual attitude. He stared down two more Guards before they gave up and walked off, convinced that he wasn't a mutant of any sort. Of course they were wrong. Somewhat. Although he didn't possess any 'gifts' himself he was a mortal enemy of these self-proclaimed "Leaders." As an officer of Cypher he would be considered a High risk target, but they didn't have a clue. With a slight grin Jacob leaned forward and walked out of the doorway and down the street. People walked around him, knowing not to mess with him at a simple glance.

He moved casually towards the exit to the market district when he noticed a group of women being held up by some thugs. They held small revolvers in their hands, and the money and belongings of their captives in the other. "HEY!" He yelled, startling the thugs. They turned towards him, regaining their composure. "You want some too boy?" a man growled. Jacob looked at him quizically. Head cocked to one side he replied as comically as possible. "Yep." The thugs quickly turned on him, formed into a tight semi-circle. Good, they think they know what they are doing. Jacob whipped out his pistols and fired three shots in succesion into the head of the foolish man who had threatened him. He glanced at the others as they stared at their fallen comrade. Two had dropped their guns and started running. The other four turned back to him and fired some wild shots. Jacob picked them off quickly, shots to each of their chests. They didn't have a chance. But that wasn't the end of the fight. Red Hand guards must have heard it. Spinning on his heel, Jacob sped off to his base.
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:43 am

Aron and the men slowly walked towards the outpost. The city in front of him seemed afraid. The people looked sad, scared, subdued... He did not let this frighten him as he slowly trudged through an abandoned alley. An elderly lady, about seventy, suddenly looked up from the bench she was perched on. She said nothing but got up and walked slowly beside Aron. He face looked old and wrinkled, but her eyes seemed young and quite alive. She turned towards Aron and mumbled gently, "Hello, who might you be?" Aron looked at her and asked if she needed help. The lady shook her head and asked if they were part of the Cypher. That had caught Arons attention. "No why would you ask?" Before the lady could reply, he heard gunshots erupt not far from him. Aron quickly and stealthily peeked through a small brick in the wall. Seeing that it was clear he continued on. He walked through another alley and noticed some bodies laying not far in front of him. He started to run back to his men when suddenly he hit another figure running, too. Aron looked up to see who had just hit him, with his gun ready.
Noely Ulloa

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:58 am

HOLY! That was close! Jacobs yelled to himself as he ran past a group of soldiers. Before they knew what had happened he kicked the legs out from under one and kept running. As he neared the end of the alley he heard the soldiers shouting behind him. Just a little more! he thought as he sprinted, pushing his legs as fast as they would go. He burst out into the crowd of confused traders and civilians. He slowed his pace and tried to look as normal as possible, knowing that there was no way that he could be recognized in a crowd. He walked quickly towards the Cypher hideout and checked over his shoulder before slipping inside.

Panting he dropped into a seat and looked down at a small wound in his rib. It looked to be bigger than a .32, which is what all of those thugs were carrying, meaning that those men he had run through were packing some serious firepower and one of them was a good shot. As the adrenaline faded Jacobs yelped in pain as the wound flared up. One of the Cypher medics ran up to help him, catching him as he fell to the ground in agony.

Not long later he was fixed up and good to go. Although he was safe for the moment, Jacobs kept wondering about those men who had stood in his way. They didn't look like Red Hand, and one of them had a distinct look of a mutant. Interested in the possibility of new blood in town, he walked out onto the streets in search of these strangers.
Alexandra Ryan

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:02 am

The man, or thing looked like a mutant, but not the Red Hand. Possibly the Vulcans Aron was thinking. He could tell the man wasn't friendly because he pulled out a magnum in his face. Aron kicked the gun out of his hand and stood up. The man charged and Aron knew what he had to do. The bullets hit and he collapsed. Aron was relieved but also also afraid that there could be more. They were chasing after something... or somebody. Aron decided to walk over and check the man. He wore simple leather armor and leather pants. He then heard more footsteps. He aimed his gun in the direction of the steps. Then the figures showed themselves. Three Red Hand soldiers, armed with assault rifles and shotguns. Aron dropped his gun and put his hands over his head. The soldiers walked up slowly. I have got to figure out a way out of this... or I could be killed.
pinar

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:40 am

Jacob came around a corner and watched as a friend of his was being held up by three Red hand soldiers. Aww hell Jacobs sighed as he moved quietly forward. He raised his rifle and fired a quick burst at the head of a man holding a shotgun. The first two bullets connected with his back and the last hit him in the head. The other two turned quickly and saw him. "RUN!" JAcob yelled as he turned tail. He bolted down the streets with two soldiers in hot pursuit. It was then that he saw it. Two more Red Hand soldiers had constructed a barricade and were stopping citizens and scanning them. Unaware of the Cypher running directly at them the soldiers continued their work. Jacob spun to his right and took off behind a building. He halted, panting and growling in pain from his wound. He had lost the soldiers. For now.

(OOC: Hmmmm, where are the Vulcans?)
Ownie Zuliana

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:16 am

Richard checked the pockets of his latest victim.

a few caps, a stim, and a few 10mm bullets.

He injected the stim into his own neck, pocketed the caps and bullets, and dragged the body into the middle of the room. He was in a nondescript shack in the slums adjacent to the docks. He had learned through careful observation that a mutant was living here. The smell of burnt flesh infused the small room.

This one had been a Vulcan.

He had waited here for the occupant to return for nearly 3 hours before the rusty door had creaked open. This one was a short man with a shaven head and tattooed arms. He didn't notice the big man standing behind the door and within seconds Richard had heated the blood inside the little man's head and cooked his brain.

Richard stepped back from the body and turned it to glass. He used his combat knife to mark the kill on his chest, and stepped out into the cool evening air.

once he was a safe distance away he removed his mask and stowed it in a secret pocket in the lining of his jacket. That kill made twenty-two. Richard started down the street toward his home, carefully observing everyone he passed. Two Red-Hand guards were scanning people from a watchtower, Richard glanced at them and their scanner melted. He hurried on.

There was work to be done.
Paula Rose

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:53 am

Aron watched as one of the soldiers fell to the ground. Apparently dead. The other two turned around and chased after his lucky savior. He then noticed his lucky break. A small ant was crawling out of a crack in the wall. In an instant the ant became very large and very dangerous. It was the size of an overgrown dog. Its pinchers each looked like giant saws. Aron felt his legs go numb as he seemed to lose energy. He tried to ignore it and commanded the ant to attack the soldiers that had almost captured him. The ant quickly ran through the alleyway and jumped one of the red hand soldiers. He was so stunned he didn't even move. The giant creature ripped his chest into shreds and threw his body against the wall. The other soldier was faster. He pulled his submachine gun up and fired at the ant. The bullets caught the ant in the body but barely seemed to hurt it. It leaped upon the man and quickly took his head of with on merciless swipe of his pinchers.

Aron then noticed that there were two more soldiers up ahead. They immediately ran of to find help. Aron walked down the alleyway and noticed the man that had saved his life was leaning up against a wall out of view of the soldiers. He noticed the man was heavily armed with weapons. He could also tell he was an officer of cypher due to his guns and armor. "We've got to go." "Maybe we can get to the old saloon in the market if we hurry!"
Mark

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:35 pm

"Yeah, let's go." Jacobs replied as he moved to the corner of the alleyway. He peered around the bend, quickly checking for enemies. Seeing that it was clear he strolled as non-chalantly into the crowd as possible. The hideout was a short walk away, no more than five minutes. They would have to hurry though, before more soldiers showed up. Screams of terror suddenly rang in his ears as he saw a giant ant attacking Red Hand members. Jacobs glanced back at Aron, "Don't suppose you had anything to do with that?"
clelia vega

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:26 am

As Jonathan turned the corner to find out where the screaming was comming from he heard two people talking. He shifted into his wolf form and slowly crept up to them but quickly shifted back when he noticed they were from Cypher and there was also an officer there from the looks of it. "Hey what happened here" Jonathan then glanced over to the mauled soldiers "And what happened to those poor guys" As he said those words three red hand troops came around the corner. "[censored]."
Lewis Morel

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:50 am

Name: Theo Baker
Ethnicity: Caucasion
Appearance: Theo stands at about 6'0 and weighs 180 lbs. Most of his body is muscle, with little to no fat anywhere, from surviving in the Wasteland for so long. His roan hair is kept away from his eyes and ears, as well as close to his neck. He has heterochromia as a result of the FEV, his left eye blue and his right one green. He wears an old gray hoodie, the sleeves of which are normally rolled up, and battered blue jeans faded to a white-blue color, and converse high tops. Also owns some old aviators that used to belong to his father.

Weapons: Chinese Assualt Rifle, spiked knuckles, and a combat knife

Superpowers: Theo acquired super strength from the FEV virus altering his muscles, bringing them to a level on par with super mutants. He uses his body's natural electricity to manipulate the air around him, allowing him to fly.

Weaknesses: After prolonged use of his powers, Theo because extremely tired often falling asleep immediately afterwards. At extremes, Theo's muscles could basically rip themselves apart from overexertion. If he flies for too long, he could die, as he would use electricity that transmits messages to the nervous system.

Equipment: 100 assualt rifle rounds, box of mentats.

Disposition to Red Hand: Thinks they are way off track and need to be stopped

Disposition to Cypher: Thinks they have the right idea
\
Disposition to The Vulcans: No antimosity as of yet, feels he might have turned out that way if something had gone differently.

Disposition to the Commonfolk/Wastelanders: Helps them whenever he can.

Outlook on life: If you do a good thing for someone, you'll get good things back.

Backstory: Theo was born to a man and woman who had very strong morals. They felt that they could make the wasteland better if they all helped each other out. They taught this to Theo, until they died from radiation poisoning. Feeling that helping people would get him killed, Theo lived most of his life for himself. Seeing a chance at a better survival in the wasteland, he joined up with the Red Hand. However, the work went against his morals, and he was miserable. When the opportunity to rebel showed itself, Theo took it. As a part of AIRCLAW, Theo struck back at the Red Hand, and it felt good. Eventually, they unleashed the FEV virus on AIRCLAW, and Theo. Instead of dying, he mutated. After the initial hit, he went into a coma for weeks before waking up with super strength and the ability to fly. He joined up with Cypher. Shortly afterwards, he was trying out his powers, and promptly fell into a deep sleep, waking up days later. He now uses his powers sparingly, if at all.

Misc. Information: Likes listening to Galaxy News Radio, is of average intelligence. Addicted to mentats.

Theo looked down into the crowds. Red Hand soldiers mixed with civilians. He picked one out. He stepped back a bit from the edge of the roof, getting a running start and jumping into the middle. Theo used his powers slightly to augment his flight path, landing his boots squarely on the man's back. He pushed down, using most of his strength and breaking the man's back in a sickening crunch. Theo grabbed the man's sidearm from his holster and fired a round into the back of the man in front of him's head. 'Almost feel bad for the guys...' More Red Hand came around the corner, pointing thier weapons at Theo. He whipped the other man's gun at the first one, hitting him square in the forehead and putting him down. He crouched down and pulled the combat knife out of the sheath on his boot, flinging the inproperly balanced blade at the man. It's hilt struck him in the chest, cracking a rib and piercing a lung. Theo strode over and yanked the man's rifle as he double over, breaking his fingers before Theo gave a light kick to his leg, knocking him down. He let him live. 'Maybe a mistake, but whatever' He picked up his knife and slid it into it's sheath before he hopped up onto a dumpster and looked into the crowds, picking out a few fellow Cyphers. He jumped back down and blended with the crowd. He avoided some more Red Hands with scanners before he saw a giant bug. This one seemed different from the others, little bit confused about his size. Theo looked around before he took out his assualt rifle and fired a three round burst into its head and moved on, not bothering to see if it was dead. Another mistake. He heard a stranged sound but before he had time to think on it, the ant was tackling him to the ground. He hit the ground, ant on top of him. Theo whipped from side to side, but to no avail. He grunted and attempted to reach the ant, but to no avail. 'Here we go...' he thought briefly before he started to fly. He lifted himself up into the air, bringing the ant with him. He grabbed it by his head and pulled, but it wouldn't let go. "If that's how it has to be.." he said amidst grunts. He felt the ant attempt to bite him, and he let himself fall from the air, back first. They landed on the dumpster and crushed the lid inwards. The ant released his grip, and Theo pulled himself free, driving spiked knuckles into it's head, close to the bullet wounds. The ant's head caved in with a wet crunching. Theo hopped out of the dumpster, feeling fatique. He popped some mentats, which woke him up considerably. Theo shook himself a bit, and continued on.
Killer McCracken

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:11 am

OOC: sorry for the all OOC post but i must say i don't like where this thread is going. everybody seems to be taking powers that have absolutely no scientific basis (which is incredibly lame, imho), and the oonly weakness anybody is willing to give their char is inconvenient sleepiness.

Newsflash:

EVERYBODY GETS TIRED AFTER USING THEIR POWER.

that doesn't make it an actual weakness, it is just a regular side-effect. A weakness is like Darkwater's susceptibility to fire, or Richard's risk of exploding.

some of your sheets are completely unimaginative.

for shame.

/rant
Etta Hargrave

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:11 am

OOC: sorry for the all OOC post but i must say i don't like where this thread is going. everybody seems to be taking powers that have absolutely no scientific basis (which is incredibly lame, imho), and the oonly weakness anybody is willing to give their char is inconvenient sleepiness.

Newsflash:

EVERYBODY GETS TIRED AFTER USING THEIR POWER.

that doesn't make it an actual weakness, it is just a regular side-effect. A weakness is like Darkwater's susceptibility to fire, or Richard's risk of exploding.

some of your sheets are completely unimaginative.

for shame.

/rant

OOC: And who said you need to have a big weakness when you have a power. Maybe if your powers are overpowered (heh) but like mine shapshifting its not really that big of a power maybe my teleportation is but still.
Laura-Jayne Lee

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:36 pm

1. the weakness space in the char sheet is there for a reason.
2. when Bebop did the concept thread for this, he clearly stated that you should have a weakness if you have any powers.
3. having all sorts of powers and the only drawback is getting tired afterward is Uber as hell.
4. changing into a god-damn wolf is a major power.
Harry Leon

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:08 am

1. the weakness space in the char sheet is there for a reason.
2. when Bebop did the concept thread for this, he clearly stated that you should have a weakness if you have any powers.
3. having all sorts of powers and the only drawback is getting tired afterward is Uber as hell.
4. changing into a god-damn wolf is a major power.

I was saying major power like [censored] invincibilty. But fine then help me think of another weakness
Kelsey Anna Farley

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:52 am

Here's a good one: When you teleport your molecules may not realign properly and you could either be horribly killed or end up inside a wall or something. That makes sense.
James Wilson

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion