Season Pass costs now more than base game

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Wait, the Season Pass costs $50? When I bought it I got it for $15 through GMG because I had a coupon for it.

Albert Wesker

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:36 am

The price went up a few weeks ago when they announced they were going to do more DLC than originally planned (at least $60 worth rather than $40 worth). There was warning given and a few more days to get it at the original price, so anyone who didn't get it for $30 or less really can't complain about it now.

Tyrel

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:28 pm

I bought it when I pre-ordered the base game right after the announcement because I've never bought a DLC from Bethesda I didn't like. Even Horse Armor.

luis dejesus

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:35 pm

Do what I did and just wait on season pass and buy the first DLC single. That way you test the waters on how they will do DLCs, and if it turns out really bad you're only out 10 bucks and know not to buy any more. Plus getting the season pass just lets them spend your money before hand. I like to wait for reviews of DLCs and games to make an informed decision, but not make my mind up. It hasn't failed me yet.

Mrs. Patton

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:53 pm

A favourite argument of person who is afraid of taking a conversation. Automatron is below average, shouldnt cost that much, Bethesda is greedy.
Eire Charlotta

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:30 am

Have you even played it? I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised with the missions that came with it.

The next one looks a little meh, far harbour based on the automatron certainly seems very promising.
James Hate

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:03 pm

Lol. It's added more missions, the ability to build robots, more enemy types, and I just started it, I'm only at the third mission. It's worth it. I got the season pass at 29,99 so each indiviual DLC isn't costing me a whole lot.

Josh Trembly

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Protip, dont buy the season pass. Season passes are rarely worth it. Imo I think that the pass is worth what we will get at the price originally offered since they are launching more dlc than originally planned. The new pass price? Not worth it.

My suggestion is wait until they go on sale on steam. If you cant wait, but are skeptical that you will like all the dlc just buy them one at a time as they come out. Those are your choices, demand impacts price and practices. And the attitude of contemperary gamers is that they want everything immediatly or ASAP.

The whole reason why season passes are a thing is is enough people will pay money for an unspecific amount of content which the developers make no promise to provide more than what they feel like. Imo its a bad practice. A friend, ColnelMartyr bought the pass for me so I have the benefit of not being stressed over content.
Laura Tempel

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:05 am

~Oh, look!~

It's this thread, again, where some asshat felt compelled to start a thread complaining about something he had a choice not to do.

Elizabeth Lysons

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 pm

So... You have the pass, but others should not buy it. Ok.

it's easy to tell others to wait for Steam sales when you are getting the content day one yourself...

kevin ball

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:18 pm

I can't wait for Pokemon: Radiation Green edition.

On topic: I think the 3 sides to this DLC debate could strictly be defined by purchasing approach;

Fans - Reduced Price Season Pass

Haters - Full Price Season Pass

Price Protestors - DLC buyers

With some exceptions of course.

Angelina Mayo

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:28 am

Hey friendo, read the part where it says I didnt buy the season pass. If it wasnt gifted to me I would be waiting for the sales exactly as I recomended. I've got a huge back log of games and never have any issue waiting for the DLC to go 30-50% off.

But yes, I do have the priveledge of having access to the dlc day one because my buddy is nice.

My point remains the same. Shelling out money for dlc before you even know what they are going to be is a gamble.
Lauren Graves

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:54 am

Seems pretty [censored] and generalizing.But it shows your view point you're unable to even accept that people could dislike it for what it is.

Pawel Platek

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:00 pm

It is a gamble. I thought briefly about refusing to buy the season pass on principle, as I don't like the concept. But, I took that route with Skyrim's DLC, waiting until they went on sale to buy them in protest of the Xbox timed exclusives. By the time I finally got to play them they weren't 'new' anymore and due to my participation on these boards I knew a lot more about them than I would have liked. Any moral victory I achieved was Pyrrhic at best.

This time I decided to bite the bullet and grab the pass before the price went up so that I could play them on release. I doubt I'll end up regretting that decision.

Sara Johanna Scenariste

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:40 pm

I think its more that people who dont like it think its bad.

And the people who do like it disagree and think its great. Of course they are going to have trouble sympathizing with their point of view. To them it is great and the complaints are about stuff they dont care about.
BEl J

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:45 pm

yup. I only read it and posted cuz I iz bored at work!

But trollz gotta be trollz!
[ becca ]

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:01 pm

And your over use of emotive language shows you're unable to construct a rational argument. Yay this game is fun.

suniti

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Hey friendo. I read that part. My point remains the same: it's easy to tell others to wait for Steam sales when you are getting the content day one yourself...

+++CAZZY

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:33 am

My guess is that it is decent marketing and sales.

Think like this:

The longer the game is out the more people from the "pool of people who are interested" buy the game reducing the pool of customers.

Lowering the price of the base game increases the poolsize of customers. People who would not buy at 50$ may buy at 30$ or 40$.

When people play the game it creates 3 more pools. People who didn't like it. People who were not impressed and people who loved it.

People who loved it will buy the DLC.

Conclusion:

To increase the sales of DLC increase the pool of "People who loved it."

Since most people who were very excited about the game have bought it, it will not hurt to lower the cost of the base game a small amount in order to increase people buying it and therefore the pool of people who love it and will buy the DLC.

lauraa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:09 pm

Ok, well that sounds like a personal problem. Its not rocket science. If you like what it offers then buy it. If you dont, then dont.

Those are the choices.
Katie Pollard

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:10 pm

New armor

Several new weapons

2 new dungeon areas

roaving bands of new raiders

roaving bands of new robots

new companion

a roughly 4-hour questline

added scavenging functionality

customizable robots that can act as settlers

Codsworth 2.0

Assaultron Helmet - this alone is worth $5 to me. I can't stand most of the other helmets in the game. And it closes up when you draw your weapon. That is seriously cool.

All that is worth $10. Aside from that, it hands modders an in-game method of creating robot customization options They're already all over Graygarden and Drinking Buddy. I'm sure synths will follow. They'll probably also want to look carefully at what is going on with the assultron helmet. Armor that closes up when a weapon is drawn is so many different kinds of cool.

Andrew Perry

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:57 pm

Well it depends. Do you trust the Developers of the game, based on previous experience? If so, you're probably safe to buy the season pass, knowing you will most likely enjoy what they come up with.

Also, the season pass for Fallout 4 was on sale for about 4 months from the day the game released, then Bethesda announced the price rise would be coming but not for a couple more weeks. So the Protip in this case was definitely, buy the pass now while it's cheap.
bimsy

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:50 am

It's not a personal problem. I have the season pass. I am referring to those that do not, the ones you are telling to wait for a sale while you're busy playing Automatron.

Adrian Morales

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:06 pm

To be fair a console gamer likely won't get a PSN or XBL sale so they are pretty screwed either way. PC gamers have crazy sales all the time and if I was a PC gamer I would wait for a sale but that's just me. Getting it day 1 or 100 isn't a big deal unless you really hate spoilers.

Sista Sila

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:22 am

Wut? We get sales all the time. I bought Need for Speed Deluxe Edition for € 26,- yesterday on XBL

sarah

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4