Service of Sithis

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:55 pm

Can I be a civilian that ends up stumbling upon the DB and it's either work for them or be killed?
DarkGypsy

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:10 am

Than put a cap on werewolves and vampires, like a max of 2 or 3 vamps and 1 lycan

EDIT: Also, I'd be willing to play an antagonist of sorts, like a rivaling free lance assassin (one of the 2 you'll allow) or even somebody in the Imperial Legion that hunts down DB members. But, I'd still be perfectly happy w/ a DB assassin

Fine by me :)

...What? You're not letting me play a perfectly playable and logical character because you don't like politics? stare.gif

I'd still be a DB assassin, just one that's more like Al Capone than Mola Ram. Failing that, can't I just be an assassin who kills because he's paid to, and scoffs at his colleague's ridiculous superstitions? Here's my character sheet, anyway (shamelessly copied from Korroded):

Yes, you can be the 2nd freelance assassin, but that'd be it.

Faldom claimed the first slot, you get the second.

Can I be a civilian that ends up stumbling upon the DB and it's either work for them or be killed?

I think the DB would kill you then. Maybe if you 'accidentally' kill someone, the DB could conscript you.
Jack

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:02 am

I don't WANT to be a freelancer, though! I want to be a DB member. Can't a DB assassin know that Sithis is not a god, but stay for the money? And keep it secret, if need be? Being a freelancer would screw up nearly half of my CS info.
Matt Fletcher

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:22 pm

I don't WANT to be a freelancer, though! I want to be a DB member. Can't a DB assassin know that Sithis is not a god, but stay for the money? And keep it secret, if need be? Being a freelancer would screw up nearly half of my CS info.

Oh! You mean like that one fella in the DB that wanted to kill the nightmother, except on a lower level. Yeah, that'd be acceptable :)
Gaelle Courant

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:33 pm

My Sheet:

Name: Markus Taliman
Race: Imperial

Height: 6' 2"
Physical Description: In my mind, he always looked a bit like a cross between http://media.photobucket.com/image/lieutenant%20dan/bahloo83/gump05.jpg and http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/tish4dw/adam%20baldwin/firefly_adam_baldwin_05_handson-pro.jpg, leaning more toward Gary. Pretty muscular, as should be typical for an assassin. Dark Brown eyes, nice bit of stubble around his face.

Clothing/armor: Full kit of dark leather armor (minus the helm) packed away for when he needs it, otherwise he just wears a plain shirt and pants.
Weapons: As an assassin, he obviously has quite a few weapons. He carries around a silver dagger strapped to his ankle, and keeps other weapons packed away along with his armor. His other weapons include a silver bow (painted black in order to blend into the darkness) along with about 30 ebony arrows (ebony for the same reason the bow is black). He also has a Silver longsword and an elven shortsword.
Other Equipment: Markus wears a watch on his left hand.

Skills: Markus is proficent in the many schools of stealth and combat, the latter quite incredibly so. Put in a small space filled with armed men, Markus could probably incapacitate everyone in a matter of seconds. When necessary, he can effectively wield any weapon, but is especially proficient in both swordsman- and marksmanship.

Personality: Markus does not always conform to the Brotherhood's beliefs, but he gets the job done quickly and effectively. He has never prayed to Sithis, the Night Mother, or any other deity. He can be humorous at times, but most often he is a very serious person. He has a sense of justice that he believes the Brotherhood would never understand; and as a result he keeps to himself most of the time. Also, when he gets an opportunity, he likes to time how long it takes for him to "clear a room."

Short Bio: Born in Skingrad, Markus's father was a skilled thief; his mother died after childbirth. As the two tried to scraqe enough money to eat, Markus was taught by his father how to steal, pickpocket, and most of all, to hide. Once, when his father witnessed Markus's fine talent with a bow, he went out and got one for his son; he never told Markus how he got it. Markus snuck behind the fighters guild to practice, and became quite skilled.

One day, the Skingrad guards arrived at Markus's front door, and took his father prisoner. Markus grabbed the bow and fired upon the guards, killing all three of them. His father, however, was killed in the process. Markus was 11.

The Dark Brotherhood caught wind of the boy, and took him in. He was trained further in stealth and swordsmanship, and became an assassin. Markus has since risen through the ranks, and has become quite respected and well-known among the Brotherhood.
Kevin S

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:09 pm

Actually, instead, if you are putting a cap on werewolf, can i be a civilian thats a werewolf? he killed another cilvilian and the DB are trying to recruit him and he doesn't understand why?
Alycia Leann grace

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:37 am

Actually, instead, if you are putting a cap on werewolf, can i be a civilian thats a werewolf? he killed another cilvilian and the DB are trying to recruit him and he doesn't understand why?

The cap will be one....and a half. You will be that one.

I'll accept yours, just don't overdo it please :)
Clea Jamerson

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:04 am

I won't. Thank you. Just send me a PM when you put the official rp thread up and I'll post my CS there, unless you want me to do here
Nicole M

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Here's my CS, I've been plotting this fella up for quite some time. I think he's good DB material :)

Also, post your CS's here, or just PM em' to me...

Name: Sodie Kimera Sobec (Kim-Era), although he despises the name 'Sodie', and dislikes Kimera. So people call refer to him as 'Kim'
Nickname: Kim
Race: Argonian
Birthsign: Serpent

Height: 6 feet exactly
Physical Description: Kim is abnormally thin, he has been for all his life. He also has long legs that are well muscled and toned, though his arms are not very muscled up. Sobec is also dubbed as a 'genetic mutant'. He was born with unnatural black scales, and more reptilian-looking feet, hands, tail, and claws. Mixed with his bright blood-red eyes, as well as various long spines on his head, he looks quite evil.

Clothing/Armor: Through small petty crimes, Kim managed to steal most of his wardrobe, though he only has one. He always wears a long sleeve green shirt underneath a stolen chainmail vest, and fur gauntlets to go with it. And to top it off, he wears his one and only favorite pair of black shorts, cut a few inches below the knees.
Weapons:He stole a Steel Dagger from the 'March Rider'
Misc Items: Stolen green-jade necklace

Hobbies: Kim enjoys climbing tall buildings and resting on top of them for the whole day, especially if its raining. He also enjoys stealing from Dunmer and the rich. But he will never steal from fellow Argonians, if he must, he'll save up enough gold and barter with them. He also likes a good jog.

Perks: Due to his thin size, Kim can fit into many small places. His well-muscled legs allow him to run and climb exponentially. He is naturally very quiet and stealthy, but his black scales add to it. If dark, Kim can become completely invisible. He can also play a guitar very well a cook exceptionally.

Cons: Can't fight very well, and that goes for killing something too. The only thing he ever killed was a rat, and that was on accident.

Mental Status: He's relatively sane. He carries a lot of emotional baggage, but over all, he's pretty normal. Happy, friendly, and somewhat content. He has mood swings though, and sometimes can reeeeally hate his life. He tries everyday to find out what his purpose is; he's a bit depressed from being born looking like a demon, and half of the chapel-goers wants to 'cleanse' him.

Short bio: Kim was born in Morrowind at a slave camp, but was sold to a traveling Breton. Kim and his foster parent lived in Cheydinhal for over 13 years before the Breton was mysteriously murdered. After that, no one even bothered with Kim and he was forced to steal from others in order to survive. But it's been hard, a good chunk of the church goers and religious fanatics think the young Argonian is some sort of demon, and the only thing stopping them from killing him is the Town Guard, whom as well, don't like Kim that much because he steals and breaks laws but is too fast and stealthy to catch. He had been approached several times by the thieves guild, but turns them down every time.

Misc Info:

-Is friends with the beggars and Aldos Othran
-Only Magicka spells he uses is the Serpent Spell, and a Paralysis on touch spell
-Is terribly frightened of Orcs, Khajiit, and Vampires
-Has an obsession with Garlic and Onions
-Can pick any locks without the use of Lock picks. He uses his claws.
-Can do near-perfect imitations and mockings.

EDIT: He's not in the DB....yet...
Sarah Evason

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Hooray, time for a cs. I love making these^^. I had this one in my book for a while now

Name: Iryanil (Ur-yaugh-nil) the III
Nickname: Too proud of his heritage for a nickname, demands to be called Iryanil (Iryanil the III prefferably)
Race: Altmer (High Elf)
Age: 31 and a half (Also stresses the half; wants to be older, to be more respected, it seems)
Birthsign: The Tower

Height: 6' 5'' (I'm not good with heights either; i know mine, thats it) (That is really tall for a person, but i'm not sure for Altmer <:?)) (last parenthesis there is not a clever smiley face, it is an end parenthesis XD *like this one*)
Build: Muscular, not bulky though, but not quite slim. Buffer than most Altmer, but not enough to make him stand out.
Eye Color: A murky gold, almost bronze; but he calls it gold (Is that usual of Altmer? I confess i have no idea ><)
Hair Style: Parted down the middle, medium length going down from his bangs behind his ears, though most of the time some falls in front of them. The rest, being the back and sides, is swept back and held with oil and a potion of his own making. It appears shiny, but is not oily or greasy to the touch. No facial hair.
Hair Color: Satin Blonde with a few darker lines, but they can only be seen in the light, when he forgot to color them that morning.

Class: Illusionist (is what he calls it, but it resembles an assassin)
Focus: Magic
Skills: Alchemy, Illusion, Speechcraft, Security, Acrobatics, Light Armor, Hand to Hand (However, he is fairly well trained in alteration, shortblade mostly daggers, sneak, and a little mysticism. He is not particularly adept at these, but he would have you believe differently)
Abilities: Personality and Agility

General Appearance: A typical snobby Altmer, pale gold skin and often wears a bemused look on his face, although it can also appear smug. He has delicate fingers and hands, as if he played a musical instrument, but they also seem to have scars on the knuckles from frequent fighting and hand to hand training. His stomack is flat, not a six pack, but seems to be getting there; his chest is the same, flat but muscular. He has slender, tapered shoulders and wiry-strong arms. He will often pose whenever he stops walking.
Scars and tattoos: Only scars are the ones on his knuckles and a single cut running along his calf, which he hides with clothing or bandage whenever he can. A single tattoo of a gemstone on the palm of his left hand, the type cannot be determined for the color has long faded, leaving a black outline with his gold skin coloring the inside.

Clothing: Wears finery whenever possible: gold, black, blue, red, or purple. He refuses to wear green or yellow, and you will never see him in it. Silk or satin shirts for resting indoors, but settles for a pure cotton weave when he must; he wears fur in the wintertime. On missions, he wears a well oiled chainmail vest and gauntlets, silenced; perhaps by magic. Over his chainmail vest, he will wear a flat black shirt; covering his gauntlets with a long strip of black cloth wrapped around all but the fingers. Also for missions, he wears black pants that end at his ankles and similarly black shoes, with padding for the heel and balls of the foot.
Accessories: Often wears a belt, matching his outfit, black for mission attire, adorned with potion and poison bottles, a few low quality daggers, and a pouch. The bottles and daggers are wrapped and attached with black cloth similar to his gauntlets. He carries in said pouch two soulgems, both greater quality, lockpicks, and several powders and other ingrediants which he will either use raw or combine in a potion. Within his shirt he often carries a spare dagger, smaller than the ones on his belt, and constantly poisoned with a special ingrediant which he has become immune to. He will also carry lengths of rope, small pieces of chain, long enough to wrap around a person and still have a little left, and other tools to large or too cumbersome to go into his pouch or on his belt, are sometimes wrapped around his chest or within the folds of his shirt.

Armor: If a mission requires open combat without option, he will apt to have a few pieces of leather pads on his legs and arms under his clothes, and a small, black leather pauldron on his right shoulder.
Weapons: Favors magic and his hands, but if the situation requires speed or he is without magic, he will use one of many daggers on his person. If he runs out, or cannot get to one, he can summon one with general ease. Rope, chains, wire, and other versatile items for traps, confinement, etc. can also be used as weapons, if the situation requires.

Magic: Knows many illusion spells including invisibilty, chameleon, rage, charm, calm, night eye, paralyze, silence, and many spells not available in game, but can be found in lore and are most definately not uber or anything of the like. He has some destruction ability, but prefers non-elemental spells like damage health; he also has some conjuration skill, mostly in summoning daggers. He can use most useful alteration effects like burden, shields, open, and water breating. His mysticism skill is limited to mild to moderate soul traps and a teensy bit of telekenisis, just to show off. His restoration is really just healing minor scraqes on his own person.

Mentality: When he's not being aloof or removed to seem cooler, he can actually be a very boring person to talk to. His favorite topics are generally academic, ranging from history to theology, psychology to algebra, he is more than willing to show off his years of intense research. If you can get him to talk about a matter serious and relevant, he can be one of two ways: frightened out of his mind, or set in stone and willing to do whatever it takes. He questions most theories and religions in a very scientific way, but will never admit he's wrong about anything; he doesn't really believe in Sithis, being a very established lore master, knowing His purpose. Lives off of a small amount of inheritance in the form of family heirlooms he stole from his older siblings, contract money, and money he gets for training and teaching other brotherhood members.

History:
  • Grew up in a lower middle class family, was fourth child in a family of six children.
  • Grew up in Morrowind, father was an owner of a monopoly of apotcheries and mother was a minor politician
  • Father killed by a morag tong assassin hired by a rival apotchery business. Mother soon killed herself, leaving orphans including Iryanil
  • He was fourteen at the time, and was spending most of his time getting the guards to help him take some of his siblings inheritance for his own
  • Eventually couldn't get a much wanted item and killed his younger brother in a fit of passion. He regrets it now, but he is not still grieving becasue as a consequence he was invited to Brotherhood.
  • Ever since has spent life mastering skills and being an assassin and teacher.

Talents: Persuasionist, is one of the ones who bribed politicians and guards to turn a blind eye to DB. Also used illusions to deter more troublesome citizens from sanctuary without trouble. Good potion and poison maker. Sells spells and teaches illusion, amongst other things.

Oddities: Capable of ingesting many types of poisonous plants without harm due to a stomach abnormality; most can still effect him by method other than orally, except a few he trained himself against. He often uses this as a bluff. He is a very good mathemetician, and has been kicked out of many pubs for counting cards. Views men as inferior (like most Altmer), is afraid of beast races (like many people), and views Dunmer as "savage elves"

Note: If it ends up being after purging of sanctaury, then he was on a mission in Morrowind, and was taken out of consideration as a traitor, so was never hunted down being he had a good alibi supported by many contacts in the Dunmer country.

(Sorry Durza, kinda stole your layout ><)
Kirsty Collins

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:58 pm

*Bump*

I'll be making the main thread once I get more people in.

*Imitates http://www.welcometothepond.com/American%20Symbols%20WebQuest/uncle-sam.jpg*
I want YOU for Dark Brotherhood RP!
Batricia Alele

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:56 am

i have an idea for an RP, its about a redguard pirate crew in Cyrodiil and Morrowind that gets crushed by the Empire, but if it does well they make a comeback and try to rule the Abecean sea
louise tagg

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Name: Isaac Cassleman
Race: Imperial

General Appearence: Isaac has a muscular build and towers above others, standing at six feet three inches. Isaac has short, tidy black hair and a short trimmed beard. He has a dark farmer's tan and hard features, especially his eyes, which are filled with anger and pain.
Tatoos/Scars: Isaac has many scars all over his body.

Class: Bodyguard
Skills: Heavy Armor, Blunt, Block, Athletics, Armorer

Clothing/Armor: Isaac wears a tan doublet with it's sleeved rolled up to his elbows and black linen pants and tan hiking boots.
Weapons: A thick, and very sturdy wooden club.

Mentality: Isaac is very dutiful and loyal, he is not very friendly to others and doesn't work on making friends at all. He never smiles and keeps to himself mostly.

Short Bio: Isaac grew up as a trouble maker, always getting in fights. When he was twenty six Isaac met the love of his life and got married. He had three daughters and lived a peaceful and happy few years.

But one day he returned home to find his loved ones dead and all of his possesions gone. He was filled with rage and hate, he took the club that the murderers left behind and spent over a year tracking them down. When he found them he brutally killed each and every one of them with his club.

He took on a job as a bodyguard after and helped defend others like he wished he could have defended his family
Bethany Short

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:32 am

Here's my CS

Name: Galvon
Nickname: none
Race: Dunmer
Birthsign: Steed

Height: 5'5
Physical Description: Galvon is bald, which is odd for his young age. He has a scar running down from his left eyebrow down to halfway his left cheek. He doesn't know where the scar came from. On his back he has a strange tattoo and he has no idea what it means.
Physical Description as a werewolf: He has black fur, yellow eyes, and the same scar, which he scratched himself

Clothing/Armor: Basic, everyday clothing
Weapons: A fine steel long sword
Misc Items: Repair hammer

Hobbies: Galvon likes to take long walks around the town, talking to everyone. He works at the March Rider and noticed that a steel dagger has been stolen, but doesn't care. He just works as an apprentice blacksmith. When ever he gets the chance, he goes down to the fighters guild to learn how to fight with a sword

Perks: He can fix any type of weapon or armor. He is also very perceptive and notices the small things in life.

Cons: There are points where he just can't remember what happens

Mental Status: He is slightly insane, but only because he feels like he loses time. Other then that, he's very friendly

Short bio: Galvon was born in Anvil and he only moved to Cheydinhal because his parents felt unsafe with the chapel being attacked. At the age of 16 he found out he liked to repair armor and weapons for the town guard, so he became an apprentice at the March Rider and has worked there for 3 years. He has lost at least three months of time and doesn't understand why. He noticed that a strange mark has appeared on his back after he was bitten by a wolf on one of his trips to the Imperial City. He killed the wolf, but now strange things have been happening...

Misc Info:

-Tries to be friends with everybody
-Doesn't use any magicka at all, unless he needs to use a fire spell to help with his blacksmithing
-Wants to learn why he has lost time
-Wants to travel once he can afford the trips, but needs money
Undisclosed Desires

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:28 pm

You two are good.

We could use some people that are actually IN the DB Cheydinhal Sanctuary though...

It'll be hard for some of us to get recruited, when there's no one in the Sanctuary :ahhh:
helliehexx

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:54 am

I might join this one, though seeing how my motivation svcks recently... I might just leave it be. Anyway, I'd love to be an apprentice assassin. :P Maybe to one who makes poisons. Dunno though.
Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:01 pm

We could use some people that are actually IN the DB Cheydinhal Sanctuary though...

It'll be hard for some of us to get recruited, when there's no one in the Sanctuary :ahhh:

I specifically specified Gerrard retreated to Cheydinhal so this wouldn't happen. I suppose you could say he's in the Sanctuary.

EDIT: If it helps, I also imagine him as being an Executioner. Not exactly in the Black Hand, but not a new recruit either. If he ever gets promoted, he'd do some recruiting, but that's not his thing as of now, and even if he does his technique would be more "Say, the Brotherhood could use some more freaks like you." than "THE NIGHT MOTHER NEEDS BLOOD! GO AND SPREAD SUFFERING AND DAMNATION!"

And it's okay if you stole my layout, Darkom. I stole it from Korroded.
Jade

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

I specifically specified Gerrard retreated to Cheydinhal so this wouldn't happen. I suppose you could say he's in the Sanctuary.

Ah.

We'll need at least 4-5 other people in the sanctuary. Thats not including Arquen, she'll be played by everyone since she's an NPC.

The role for Listener is still up for grabs, we'll also need DB Members that recruits Murderers.
An Lor

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:27 am

I can scrap my old character and make a Listener if you want. I don't really like my other one. :P
Yung Prince

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:43 am

I can scrap my old character and make a Listener if you want. I don't really like my other one. :P

If you really want to, It's fine with me.
jason worrell

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:34 am

OK, I'll take the Listener position then.
Laura Mclean

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:49 am

Name: Trisha Alomar
Nickname: Trish
Race: Redguard

Class: Listener
Class Skills: Sneak, Dagger, Athletics, Acrobatics, Light Armour, Speechcraft, Security

General Appearence: Trisha is a pretty woman with ebony coloured skin and black hair pulled back into a ponytail. She stands at five feet ten inches, she is slender and agile with an athletic build. She usually has a faint smile on her face yet her eyes are hard and cold from years of killing.

Clothing/Armour: When at the Sanctuary, Trisha wears her customary black Dark Brotherhood robes with her hood up except when talking to others. When she is not in the Sanctuary she wears a white long sleeved tunic under a black vest with black linen pants and pigskin shoes.

Magic: Invisibility, Paralize, Open Lock, Shield, Night Eye

Weapons: Trisha has three daggers, two sheathed on either hip and one hidden up her sleeve that she uses only to kill targets.

Mentality: Trisha is cool under pressure and never shows emotion to anyone. She can get angry though when men try to flirt with her and she usually ends up breaking their bones or killing them. She is quick witted and will take any challenge given to her.

Short Bio: Trisha had a normal childhood but when she was twenty years old a man tried to force himself upon her and she ended up killing him with his own dagger. She was recruited into the Dark Brotherhood shortly after and was trained by senior members of the Brotherhood in the art of killing.

She became a member of the Black Hand when she was twenty five and enjoyed recruiting others into the Brotherhood and being their mentor,

One day she recieved news that the Listener of the Brotherhood had been killed by a Legion officer. The other members of the Black Hand agreed that Trisha was to be the new Listener. She has served faithfully ever since.
carla

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:54 am

You two are good.

well in my char sheet on page 1 that no-one commented on, i kinda assumed he would already be a member and added that to the sheet, so he could possibly be a silencer.
Katharine Newton

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:21 pm

You two are good.

I'll start in the santuary, I guess; But I'm immediately leaving on a mission...
Brιonα Renae

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:38 am

My char returns to sanctuary after the purge thing, so he can be there in the start or arrive leter, i don't mind. However, my cs indicates that he is already there^^.

I believe that is now 5 people in the sanctuary^^.

However, a rebuilding of the members would be more interesting than already having a lot, i think.

Did we ever decide whether it would just be in the cheydinhall sanctuary, or in several?

edit: hooray, we can begin^^
Ian White

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion