Service of Sithis

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:50 am

It's an idea that has been bugging me for a while. I tried fly swatters, raid, and even a conventional flamethrower on it. The damn thing keeps coming back though! :rage:

Anyhoo, the story would start like this:

It takes place in Cheydinhal (Obviously), play as either a Brotherhood Member, Guard, or civilian. Note: You can be a regular citizen that accidentally or purposely murders someone and gets recruited into the DB. But you DON'T HAVE TO. You can be a regular citizen if ye wish so...

I'm still deciding if this takes place before or after Lucian initiated that 'cleansing' of the Sanctuary. I'm leaning towards after, so we can be an 'alternate' little community thing. Vampires are possibly plausible, werewolves are a no, They would not make good assassins.

That's my idea in a nutshell basically. Perhaps over time, another problem can develop within the DB, and we can add on to it.

The names a WIP. If you have a better name idea, throw em' at me :)
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:49 am

Cool. Could we be an ordinary citizen, who, concerned about the mysterious deaths of certain members of the community, decides to investigate?
Izzy Coleman

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:26 pm

There ARE 4 sanctuaries in Cyrodiil. Have one somewhere else, Imperial city perhaps.
I love my version of the Imperial City. Massive, thriving, crowded, just like a large medieval era city.
Chloe :)

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:10 am

Cool. Could we be an ordinary citizen, who, concerned about the mysterious deaths of certain members of the community, decides to investigate?

Possibly, the story would be mainly around about the Cheydinhal Sanctuary inhabitants. Keep in mind, the DB assassinate people from everywhere, not just Cheydinhal itself.

Also, does 'Service to Sithis' sound better then the other? Service of Sithis sounds a bit awkward.
chirsty aggas

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Possibly, the story would be mainly around about the Cheydinhal Sanctuary inhabitants. Keep in mind, the DB assassinate people from everywhere, not just Cheydinhal itself.

Also, does 'Service to Sithis' sound better then the other? Service of Sithis sounds a bit awkward.

Service to Sithis sounds better.

How about a renegade DB assassin who left and is now being hunted because he knows their secrets? :toughninja:
Samantha hulme

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:34 am

Service to Sithis sounds better.

How about a renegade DB assassin who left and is now being hunted because he knows their secrets? :toughninja:

Hmmmm...

I'd prefer not. This RP would be mainly with the DB, and civilian life. This would spark other ideas and the intend course of the RP would be disarrayed.

BUT, if you think you can do it, I will allow you, and you only. Unless persuaded otherwise...
emily grieve

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Well, besides the sithis and DB haters out there, i gotta warn you somoene will say somen about werewolves. They can be sneaky, you know (they are wolves, after all). other than that, i would like to take part, but i gotta figure out how to do an rp first ><. Sounds cool.^^

looking at the how to rp, do you want us to start posting character's sheets?
cassy

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:10 pm

Hmmmm...

I'd prefer not. This RP would be mainly with the DB, and civilian life. This would spark other ideas and the intend course of the RP would be disarrayed.

BUT, if you think you can do it, I will allow you, and you only. Unless persuaded otherwise...

I really think I can do this. If you'll allow me, I can make an awesome little side-story for the RP.

Will the RP have a set storyline, or just let people do their own thing as assassins or guards or whatever?
Jodie Bardgett

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:59 am

I really think I can do this. If you'll allow me, I can make an awesome little side-story for the RP.

Will the RP have a set storyline, or just let people do their own thing as assassins or guards or whatever?

It will be somewhat of a free-run RP. But in due time, I want a good plot to start cooking up *licks lips*

@Darkmon95, this is basically an idea thread. If I get enough likers, I'll start an official thread. But yeah, you always start with a Character Sheet :)
Tiff Clark

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:09 pm

It will be somewhat of a free-run RP. But in due time, I want a good plot to start cooking up *licks lips*

@Darkmon95, this is basically an idea thread. If I get enough likers, I'll start an official thread. But yeah, you always start with a Character Sheet :)

Cool. Do you think I could get one or two RPers to play the guys who hunt me? I mean if I do it all on my own it'd get more like a fan-fic for me than an rp.
Soku Nyorah

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:05 am

Cool. Do you think I could get one or two RPers to play the guys who hunt me? I mean if I do it all on my own it'd get more like a fan-fic for me than an rp.

Sure, do what you need to do.

Also, W00tz, I had planned it for a while for it to be in the Cheydinhal Sanctuary.
Sudah mati ini Keparat

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:18 am

Sure, do what you need to do.

Also, W00tz, I had planned it for a while for it to be in the Cheydinhal Sanctuary.

Thanks.

There ARE 4 sanctuaries in Cyrodiil. Have one somewhere else, Imperial city perhaps.
I love my version of the Imperial City. Massive, thriving, crowded, just like a large medieval era city.

W00tz, it sounds like you've been playing Assassin's Creed.

EDIT: Nothing against Assassin's Creed. It's awesome.
Thema

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:18 pm

Mhm.
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Also, to make one or more things clear;

If anyone can, be an assassin that provides magicka spells and equipment, etc.

EDIT: As for Arquen (The lady you give the list too), could be played by everyone, since she is a NPC. As for the Listener, someone can grab that slot if they want. Your choice.

EDIT2: Also, no more then 4 assassins in the Cheydinhal Sanctuary. That's not including Arquen. I want space for when other citizens are conscripted into the DB.
matt white

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:28 pm

I think you should put up a poll; it helps attract people.
Danny Blight

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:57 am

Can I be a bad ass political assassin for hire DB member and not an insane void-worshipping death cultist? Because this sounds good, but Sithis...blah...
K J S

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Lots of people love assassins, hate Sithis and the DB.
This should be more like the Hashashin(sp?)
Ashley Tamen

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:05 pm

I think you should put up a poll; it helps attract people.

Poll's up.

Can I be a bad ass political assassin for hire DB member and not an insane void-worshipping death cultist? Because this sounds good, but Sithis...blah...

I don't like politics. Freelance assassins are a possibility, but I want it to mainly stick around the DB. Meaning that no more then 2 people can RP freelancers.
xxLindsAffec

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:41 am

woo i have the perfect character to play in here with a little editing. and boy oh boy do i love guild RP's, and being an assassin gives lots of chances to show our storytelling skills if we ever get sent on solo missions tho obviously if they were only and always solo missions then it would be one big collection of short fan fics... and that wont do... but i would love to be one of the assassins after your renegade forrest :P ill post my sheet once ive modified it so u can look it over :P

EDIT here it is

Name: Eileti (Known only by his Family) (EE-lit-eye)
Nickname: 'Jet' (given to him by owners) 'Pale-Heart' (given to him by slaves)
Race: Khajiit
Age: 46 (might need changing depending on how long ago the ban on slavery was)
Birthsign: The Shadow

Height: 5 ft 11.
Build: Fairly muscular in the athletic sense, but not noticeable beneath his fur.
Eye Colour: Pale Blue
Hair Style: N/A
Fur Colour: Jet Black with a white area around his throat and top of chest

Class: Vigilante
Focus: Combat
Skills: Blade, Block (with blades), Marksman (knives), Sneak, Armorer, Athetics, Acrobatics.

General Appearance: Quite a thick glossy coat of fur but very neat and looks as though its been combed through. Looks quite noble in his stature and expression. His coat is slightly bushy in places and seems to exagurate his form.
Tattoos/Scars: None visible.

Clothing: Dark Wide Pants with a and a torn black scarf wrapped around his neck, covering his white throat, its very long and its torn ends hang down his back.
Accessories: He has a large iron hoop attached to his belt that he uses as a key ring, on it are roughly 17 slave bracer keys from the various places he has freed slaves in the past.

All Weapons are made from a shiny black steel, are smooth and undecorated and are purely black..
Armor: Black Steel Bracer covering his Left Forearm, Black Leather boots.
Weapons:
Short Katana with a 24 inch blade (60cm), matching sheath strapped diagonally across his back.
His bracer on his left arm has two 14 inch blades (36cm) that stick out over his knuckles like a fist claw, they have a simple mechanism at their base that allow them to fold back into a safe position up his arm, but with a flick of the wrist they can spring forth into an attacking position. He also has many small throwing knives (6inch/15cm) in various places.

Magic: Moonshadow.

Mentality: Protective to friends and vengeful to foes, he has a very different nature towards people of different classes. Although he is a Lone Wolf he can be a loyal ally to those he trusts or those he feels he has pledged his life to free.

History:i wrote an in depth history but it was REEALLLY long.... so i made a summary instead lol.

-Born in Elsweyr
-Village attacked by Slave traders, Father killed. Mother, Sister and Eileti enslaved.
-Taken to Morrowind and Eileti was sold to cruel Alchemist, used to safety test potions.
-Sold to Merchant because he developed resistances and was of no further use.
-Merchant was mean and beat him, but Eileti learnt to be strong and endure.
-Merchant sold him in Suran then he was bought by Orc smith.
-Smith taught him all about making and fixing weapons.
-Smith grew attached to Eileti like a son and taught him to fight.
-Smith set him free and suited him up with Equipment. (Weapons and Armor)
-Eileti set out on quest to find his Mother and Sister though his chances were thin.
-He spent a few years in Morrowind hunting down smugglers and slave owners, freeing as many slaves as he could.
-News spread about him, referred to as Pale-Heart the Savior.
-He heard that his mother had died by the hand of an Abusive Noble, Eileti found and killed him
-The dark brotherhood approached him and gave him a task to test his loyalty before eventually initiating him into the ranks.
-The ban on slavery was passed soon after and Eileti’s mind was put to rest, knowing his sister may now be safe and living a proper life.
-He has been a dark brother for quite some time and got transferred to the Cheydinhal sanctuary.
-Although he is now an assassin, he still mourns the loss of his sister and hopes that one day he will find her.
KU Fint

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Also, just a quick reminder;

For your CS's, put in separate columns of what your characters hobbies are, and what their good at.

They can be good at anything, just as long as it's humanly possible. If they can tie/untie knots, or burp the ABC's backwards, put it down. Same goes with their hobbies.
Ellie English

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Seems to be a good idea, and werewolves would make excellent assassins
Mr. Allen

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:46 pm

Seems to be a good idea, and werewolves would make excellent assassins

I just don't want everyone being a werewolf.

In my last RP, I said werewolves are negotiable, then I got four CS's from different people with werewolf characters.

EDIT: fixed spelling mistake...
Baby K(:

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:01 pm

...What? You're not letting me play a perfectly playable and logical character because you don't like politics? :stare:

I'd still be a DB assassin, just one that's more like Al Capone than Mola Ram (EDIT: He's the high priest in the second Indiana Jones, for the unenlightened). Failing that, can't I just be an assassin who kills because he's paid to, and scoffs at his colleague's ridiculous superstitions? Here's my character sheet, anyway (shamelessly copied from Korroded):

Name: Gerrard Benton
Race: Breton
Birthsign: The Steed

Height: I'm not good with heights, so...average?
Build: Slim, but not scrawny.
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Style: Medium-length hair going to the back of his neck and swept forward across his crown. Has a moustache and light stubble around his chin.
Hair Colour: Black with a few grey spots

Class: Hitman
Focus: Combat
Skills: Blade, Security, Illusion, Sneak, Alchemy, Athletics, Acrobatics.

General Appearance: Somewhat tall and thin, tends to lean back in corners. Is a tobacco chewer and is often seen chewing a wad or two.
Tattoos/Scars: None visible.

Clothing: Wears a black coat and hood over darkened leather armour when on missions, ordinary clothes when in disguise.
Accessories: Has a few daggers tucked into his belt and a bandoleer slung over his shoulder. He hangs a poison vial and his tobacco pouch on this bandoleer.

Armour: Leather chest piece under coat with leather gloves and boots.
Weapons: Mostly daggers. He does keep a short sword on his belt for "special occasions".

Magic: Knows some illusion spells, mostly related to mild Chameleon ability.

Mentality: Cool and calculated, a man of few words, as it is. Cracks a few dry jokes from time to time, but other than that is serious. Despite his cold airs, he is a ruthless fighter. He knows the truth about Sithis and does not believe in its godly power, but keeps in the DB to make a living.

History:

-Born in the IC.
-Worked as an alchemist's assistant until he turned 20, when he joined the Legion.
-Served as a soldier for a few years, but had notoriety for being especially ruthless to fugitives.
-Eventually his own army-mates turned on him. Gerrard killed them, but was jailed for his attack.
-Managed to escape from jail, and kept a low profile, moving away to Cheydinhal.
-Word got out to the DB about his ruthlessness, and was recruited. Gerrard joined happily.

Talents:

-Can make poisons due to alchemy training.
-Sadistic streak.
-Blends into crowds easily.
-Trained himself to blow smoke out of his mouth while chewing tobacco.

Also, here's something I'd imagine him saying (or more likely thinking):
"I'm a professional hit-man working for a cult of assassins and I'm enjoying every bit of it. I don't agree with their superstitious ways, but I serve them anyhow. More servitude means more contracts. More contracts means more kills. More kills means more pay. More pay means more tobacco, and more tobacco means more happiness for me. Helps me get out my more sadistic feelings too..."
Logan Greenwood

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:00 am

Than put a cap on werewolves and vampires, like a max of 2 or 3 vamps and 1 lycan

EDIT: Also, I'd be willing to play an antagonist of sorts, like a rivaling free lance assassin (one of the 2 you'll allow) or even somebody in the Imperial Legion that hunts down DB members. But, I'd still be perfectly happy w/ a DB assassin
Nuno Castro

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:07 am

Trying to decide between a Redguard who made a mistake, and a ollllllllllldddddd Elf who wound up joining through some bad luck, but kills with pleasure after the time he has been with the DB.
Stryke Force

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion