six?

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:32 am

Meh I cant see the gameplay value in it. I hope the devs use their awesomeness to create an epic adventure instead.
sam smith

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Voted "don't care," and "no," not inherently immature.

I wouldn't object to six being included in ES games (as it would presumably be highly optional), although I can't imagine any game actually showing six that could be taken seriously (at least, I've never seen one). References and implication of smut in the setting, NPC design and dialogue would be just another layer of fantasy, though, and not unwelcome if done well.
Greg Cavaliere

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:48 am

My point (which I agree I didn't put clearly enough) is that this is a product aimed at a mature audience, so it's suitability for an underage audience shouldn't be a consideration. If it is a consideration, then by the same argument all entertainment should be made suitable for children, and I really don't think we want to go down that road.

I see what you mean, but I'd hate for this game to get a higher rating just for the sake of six. There's a lot of people who are only allowed to play games within their age ranges, and I think it'd be a shame for them not to be able to play because of it, considering they've made great games without it. But I suppose that depends on what rating the they are aiming for - I'm going by OB's rating which was a 15 here :shrug: Maybe they are aiming for a more mature demographic this time round, or maybe they think they will cut off more consumers than it pulls in. Who knows?
Klaire

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:38 pm

six is part of the human (and orc, and elf, etc.) condition. adding six in a mature and tastefully handled way would enhance the realistic aspects of the game. Having said that, it needs to be equal. Morrowind had romance quests, but only if your character was male. The ladies had to be content with a kiss from Nels Llendo :P If your male character can have romance/visit a courtesan or hoker/have a hook-up, then your female characters should have that option too, with equally attractive partners. I've played too many games where male characters get a hottie, but the females get a nottie :P

There is a bordello in Neverwinter Nights where male and female characters had equal access to equally appealing partners, and it was tastefully handled.

six and erotic content in games isn't immature, but it sometimes gets the immature treatment. I am not sure how to explain this in a way that won't offend someone or break the rules, so I am going to stop now.
Angela Woods

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:41 am

I don't want six in TES.

It just doesn't feel right to walk past a bunch a hokers, I just don't know :shrug:
Dorian Cozens

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:20 pm

I dont care. Id still buy it either way. And no its only childish if implemented that way
Lizzie

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Good point. TES is about becoming an epic hero, and that is, why there has to be an epic world that must not look and feel as clean as a holyday camp where everyone respects women and avoids unclean speach and thought. The people have to be rough and mature. Beeing a hero also includes some attitude. I must confess that i keep some female companions in my house in skingrad. I rarely take them with me when it's time for the man's work of slashing up enemies. Speaking of six in games, it is not the action that counts. There have to be the vibes of it. Minigames or real sixual interaction would surely ruin it.

I loved the tavern at the beginning of the last Bards Tale. Some maid as provocative as can be, nearly attractive but harsh, dialogues mature and funny. The singing drunks made me love that game. The oldest RPGs had noisy taverns full of bearded people and cheap maids. I really don't know why games should be that much different from movies.

Well, because of the pandering to the console crowd in recent years and guys like Jack Thompson is my guess. I get rather tired of the whole 'won't someone please think of the children!' trope, myself. Daggerfall had plenty of racy content; so did Battlespire. In Battlespire, Vorn blatantly propositions you--gender not withstanding--if your personality score was 50 or better. Mind, if you said yes you got a faceful of buttkicking, but still.
Paul Rice

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:44 pm

I guess six in ESV- or any video game for that matter- is alright as long as they don't take it too serious. To illustrate my point, think of the "Relationships" in the Mass Effect series. They are portrayed in a serious manner, and yet once you have had six, your relationship is essentially over with the person. This doesn't display intimacy; quite the contrary. I guess my point is that six is acceptable in gaming so long as the designers don't get to pretentious, and that we as gamers acknowledge the true purpose of what we see- to display the human body. In this sense, sixuality was more appropriate in Bayonetta than something like Dragon Age. Atleast then we're not pretending to be looking at art.
Veronica Flores

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:55 am

A bit of romance, yes. A bit of innuendo, yes, someone wanting to steal a kiss on the side of the road, yes a book with lusty material, yes. Graphic six or fade to black scenes...no.

I agree with all these things. Most of all I want to be able to form friendships with NPC's. Say if I go to Holdorf strong-hands the smith all the time and repair my gear, he should remember me. And if they have companions it would be great to be able to build relationships with them through exploring and kick ass.

In short, I'm not against six if it is done correctly and tastefully. I just find it unnecessary.
trisha punch

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:57 am

Edit: wrong link
Dan Scott

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:35 am

Unless it actually does something, no, we don't need Fable-ish gimmicks in an ES game.
Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't care, but they should bring back that nightclub tavern where the dancers are in there. You guys remember that from Morrowind? I thought that did brought a little since of realism. Actual six though? I don't care, I can get that outside the game so I'm not looking for that in the game lol.
Laura Ellaby

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:52 am

Relationships would be a nice first six yeah sure but maybe they should implement better Relationships
Amysaurusrex

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Well, I know in Fallout4 you can hook up with prosttutes. However the screen fades to black, the only indication that the sixytime is going on is voiceovers.

As for six, I can get it in the real world, so it's not an issue with me. Besides, if I want to look at pron, it won't be animated pron.
le GraiN

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

I voted "I don't care" and "No, not at all". I certainly won't be set off by if they include it into Skyrim, but I won't be bothered if they don't, either. I'm basically indifferent, but if it is in the game, I may explore it some time. :P
JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:05 am

I don't care, but it's not immature. New Vegas handled it fine.
Sarah Knight

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:33 pm

If they did it like Fable where you just give gifts and live together, I could see that working. Something like Mass Effect with an actual relationship on the other hand, probably would not. I wouldn't be upset if they tried to make it work though.
Peter lopez

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:02 am

Good point. TES is about becoming an epic hero, and that is, why there has to be an epic world that must not look and feel as clean as a holyday camp where everyone respects women and avoids unclean speach and thought. The people have to be rough and mature. Beeing a hero also includes some attitude. I must confess that i keep some female companions in my house in skingrad. I rarely take them with me when it's time for the man's work of slashing up enemies. Speaking of six in games, it is not the action that counts. There have to be the vibes of it. Minigames or real sixual interaction would surely ruin it.

I loved the tavern at the beginning of the last Bards Tale. Some maid as provocative as can be, nearly attractive but harsh, dialogues mature and funny. The singing drunks made me love that game. The oldest RPGs had noisy taverns full of bearded people and cheap maids. I really don't know why games should be that much different from movies.

This is why I'm wary of six in TES. You can have sixual themes while still respecting women - but it doesn't happen very often. Why do you think anyone being respectful of women (ingame) is acting like they live in a holiday camp? How is the opposite being both rough *and* mature? And why does the opposite count as "attitude"? There's a balance to be achieved, and frankly, I don't see it happening. So I think I'd rather not have it in, just in case :)
Also disagree with the whole "man's work" bit - but that's off topic so I won't go on :)

I should add that I'm all for cheeky innuendo - as long as all the maids aren't "cheap" :P, so we agree on the "vibes" bit at least
Kim Kay

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:38 am

There was a huge thread on this a while back, my opinion remains unchanged (leave the six to the mods). I wouldn't want there to be a six storyline without a relationship storyline, which doesn't really interest me in a Tes game. Other games have story lines that accommodate relationships - with TES, I would rather save the world. If it were included as a bonus, after the MQ is completed storyline it might work. Don't include six for the sake of having six. There's enough six mods over at the nexus that I don't think the devs need to waste their time trying to throw something in.
Dark Mogul

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:21 am

six? How would six work in the Elder Scrolls? Would I be walking around and see some fine npc and be like hey baby lets do the dirty dirty and she's all like Yeeaahhhh. So I run off to the Eroticism Stone and summon its mighty powers upon me... Then I wait one hour to let my magicka restore and cast Wiener of the Infinite on myself... I'm all ready to go, but then I realize http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0 Just like http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Gweden_Farm... http://images.uesp.net//0/08/OB-npc-Faustina_Cartia.jpg... Then I'm all like don't mess with me biznitch, I'm the mightiest sorcerer of the lands! She tries to rob me anyway, so I cast soul trap, then let her have the old http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Leveled_Spells#Finger_of_the_Mountain...

Naw, but I don't think six belongs in TES. There's plenty of six on the internet. We don't need it in our games. I'm super cereal...
Susan

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:17 am

Actually, it would be best if the devs didn't put any sixual content in the game.

Modders (plural) will add it after the release, with multiple options to choose from. In my opinion, I would rather have a multitude of variations to choose from.

Let the devs concentrate on the story and the game mechanics. We modders can add the fluffy stuff later.
Cash n Class

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Haha alls i could think while reading this thread is that people who say no to this kinda stuff are the most guilty of it, psych proven ;)
M!KkI

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:24 am

I'd love to see my virtual character plow another virtual character on my HDTV in front of my family during holiday break.

lol
Chantelle Walker

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:41 am

I don't think I've ever seen anyone object to six being present in any of the Fallout games, even though all of them have it, or even Daggerfall. It seems like people playing those games can accept six as a part of standard human behavior. Or mer behavior. Or anything behavior, I guess.
Krista Belle Davis

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:46 am

I don't mind romance, nudity or six, but no cheesy six cutscenes in underwear like those in Dragon Age please.
Robert Jr

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim