six?

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:55 am

I voted for I don't Care and Don't think it's childish...because if there is - fine, if there ain't - fine as well. I don't think videogames should be porm, but a well done romance scene ( Mass Effect for example) is OK, but then again ME is a lot more linear than TES so it makes it easier to make interesting romance scenes and TES doesn't usually have the whole romance thing. Besides if you really need it, people always create tons of mods for it, so no stress.
Jose ordaz

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:07 am

Actual six inclusion in the game isn't really necessary. However, adding something in like the House of Earthly Delights in Morrowind would be pretty amusing again.
Amie Mccubbing

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:57 am

I'd define immaturity as a childish urge to claim maturity. Matures don't need to claim maturity. It is a sign of maturity beeing childish whenever it is fun to do so without feeling ashamed.

There have to be women and men and they have to look and behave as individual as possible. Some should behave mostly serious, some should behave strange, some should be simply hot. The more unique each encounter gets, the more adventurous the game gets. sixual attitudes give more diversity, more role playing aspects and more immersion. But keep the porm to the modding community and don't even mention the thought of it. Matures will find their ways. Just don't block them.
Penny Flame

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:06 am

Interesting how 15 people actively desire the sixytime in a videogame. You perverts. :P
Dean

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:01 am

It depends to what extent we're talking. I don't think the act of six needs to be reinacted in any way, no "come back to my place" conversation option. However, the existence of six should be handled maturely. I found it almost jarring that there were no brothels in the shadier areas of the Imperial City, and no-one even mentions six in any way shape or form. At least Morrowind had the house of earthly delights which accepted something was going on.

It was merely just a stage with half naked women dancing, but I'm surprised Oblivion didn't have anything of that sort at least either. I do however like the idea of a relationship system suggested above. It's already implemented somewhat with the friendship meter, which in my opinion doesn't really have much of a purpose now. I think adding a relationship dynamic would open a whole new paths of opportunity.
Anna Kyselova

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Honestly does it really matter no.
Connor Wing

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:34 am

I don't think they necessarily need to add six to the game but I would like to see a higher emphasis on relationships. I would like to develop relationships and form friendships with other NPC's and have the ability to bring someone with you on quests like Fallout.
Mark Hepworth

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:23 am

In video games, six should be treated the same way gratuitous violence is: if it's going to be included, do it in such a way that it enhances the experience instead of making it contrived. Many six scenes in games exist to tittilate, which is really the worst reason to include sixual content because it results in having about as much depth as softcoe pormography.

Some games obviously know the subject matter well and treat it with respect, and those are the games that should be looked to as examples in sixual content. Games like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, in which six was not a minigame but a cutscene, and existed to reinforce a relationship. Games like Red Dead Redemption, in which extramarital six is not even an option for the principled badass John Marston, but it still presents itself to him in the form of Bonnie and various "ladies of the night" in ways that seem to tempt his faithfulness regardless.

So if Skyrim were to contain sixual content, I'd want it to have substance, character - meaning beyond "ooh look they're [censored]". It would, as any other storytelling tool, need to have its own place in the narrative structure where it makes sense. six only becomes immature when it exists for the sake of itself. When included for the right reasons, it can be a very powerful narrative asset.
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:29 am

Remember Suran in Morrowind they had dancing girls if im correct and didn't an article on oblivion a long time ago say something about a red light district but it never happened.
~Sylvia~

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:00 pm

six? Immature? Can't think how.

Gothic series has brotherls and employees, The Witcher has nudity and 'acts' and they all are good games. Bioware has what it has and I don't mind.

They're not good only because they have sixual content, but they're not bad or immature because of it, either.

WOW is immature with it's briastplates that cover nothing. Bethesda will never go to that direction, I'm sure. Check the armours on females, they actually protect the wearer as they should! GJ Bethesda! (I admit TES2 had the best options for clothing, from bras to panties and armbands, but those are decoration only)
QuinDINGDONGcey

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 pm

If they put in six I hope they put in children :) - not for the PC, but just for extra realism about the towns and stuff.
Guinevere Wood

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Totally unnecessary and not needed in any way, imho. It's not immarture, though, unless you act immature about it. :P
candice keenan

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:02 pm

I don't care. Makes no difference, unless we're going to get some kind of rhythm based mini game. Which would be childish.

Sounds like an immersion breaker to me, much like having romantic relationships would be. However, I don't care.
Beulah Bell

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:01 am

It's not an immature question, but I'd rather they keep six out of TES.

Since the game is so open-ended, any relationship/marriage/family aspect would seem very out of place. "I got married and started a family, now excuse me while I galavant around the province pursuing my whims for the next year." The family would become a chore gameplay-wise. The exception would be the option to get married purely for political reasons (gain favor with a great house, etc), in which case you might be able to get away with it if it.

As for six for six's sake, as with prosttutes, etc., while it might make sense within the world, this type of content always seems to be more geared towards games that want to say "look at me, I'm so controversial!" And, like needless amounts of gore, they tend to appeal to the low-brow gamer who is exactly the type of person who *wants* games like TES to be dumbed down. I'd like that whole market segment be promptly ignored. So no, I'd rather they not include six in the game.
YO MAma

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:40 am

Fantasy includes six but red-neck, religious american society and thus american media bans it which means that they won't allow a video game includes nudity or six.

freedom of press, welcome.
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:25 am

There is no need for it. And it wouldn't work, I can't see how it would be implemented being in first person and for other reasons.

I don't think it's immature, six is something natural but we don't need it in video-games. Games are supposed to be fantasy and not realistic.
Mel E

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:19 am

Fantasy includes six but red-neck, religious american society and thus american media bans it which means that they won't allow a video game includes nudity or six.

freedom of press, welcome.

Damn, I was sure Bioware was american. Well this proves that all the best CRPGs come from Europe. Riiiight?
Queen Bitch

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:45 am

It wouldn't be immature, but it's really really really not needed. Bethesda isn't Bioware, and Bethesda's NPCs are on average pretty shallow, not long lasting companions you can develop a relationship with, so you'd end up having six with random NPCs. Which serves no useful purpose in the game.
matt

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:09 am

Developers shouldn't put mini six games but they shouldn't back off from it, if six is meaningful within the context.

This.
Leticia Hernandez

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:12 pm

I'm guessing no six as it would most likely bump the rating up to an AO rating which would greatly limit their sales.

It's also not really all that necessary.
Laurenn Doylee

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:39 pm

Ah, thought this was about character gen, once I saw it wasn't I went with "I don't care" & "No, not at all." as its obviously important for many people given which mods are top in popularity, if its implemented so its not jarringly immersion destroying fine, it all adds to the product and rpg persona's.

In regards to character gen however, as long as you get the same races and six choice as seen in the likes of Oblivion even potentially (hopefully) more racial variants taken from the series history I'd be happy, with any luck they will expand on racial disposition more as they kind of didn't really bother with it much at all last time around despite having the option setup and ready to use in the construction set, racism and sixism is a part of TES whether politically correct or not, its also a very large part of human existence over the vast majority of the planet to this day despite incessant warblings to the contrary by the happy clappy crew living in their isolated cloud cuckoo land, ignoring a problem and pretending it doesn't exist solves nothing and by all accounts increases fears and resentments however irrational.
Tina Tupou

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:14 am

As I view it, six, just like eating, drinking, and many other forms of common human behavior brings a sense of realism to a game. I don't like it when I feel the topic of six being notably avoided just to affect sales in a positive manner (usually at the whims of the producer). However, in many games six is simply not needed or just doesn't get to be a part of the design and that's perfectly fine. If they excluded six from a Fallout game just to get a more favorable rating (luckily they didn't do that), that would disappoint me. In a TES game, no, not really.

Short answer: I don't care.
Tanya

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:01 pm

I would think it'd be kind of neat to have relationships in Skyrim, but at the same time I think I'd find it a little unnecessary. I always kind of liked being the cool loner adventurer in my huge house full of trophies all alone.

Though like I said, I think it might be neat to at least have some sort of friend npc, or a wife or husband type character that just sort of chilled at home and walked around town. I feel like six might be a bit of a stretch though, I mean Mass Effect did it well, but that's entirely different really, Elder Scrolls doesn't really use Cut Scenes. And Fable just makes it seem kind of ridiculous. XD
Jack

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:02 am

Don't really care and no, it isn't childish.

Besides, it's not like such mods won't pop up if they provide modding tools.
Khamaji Taylor

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:43 am

First off... I don't care.

Whether it's immature or not depends on the way it's implemented in game.

This
Harry Hearing

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim