six?

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Funny, how most users instantly think about having six with NPCs and seem to feel urged to claim they do not need to.

Please stop fantasizing, use some cold water or whatever and lets get serious. There are lots of mature people in TES IV running around, talking, eating, sleeping, working and doing nearly everything to make us believe they are living real lives. But... IMHO they all pretend to be disciples at some church school and behave like children that feel watched by their parents.

That's why six is needed like drinking, arguing, stealing, hanging round in bars with girls that act cheap and provocative. It needs bards and singing drunks in there and dancing girls, clothes that look cheap and dirty and every once in a while there should be fights between drunks. One should stumble across mating people behind the cathedral or in the wilderness, or hear them at night when one is sneaking thru the town. It is not only needed. It is urgently needed to build up atmosphere.
No Name

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:16 pm

My biggest problem with six in video games is that it's always geared towards the male player (at least heterosixual males). I realize that this is the primary demographic of gamers, but I always feel ignored as a female player. In a lot of games, I also find it quite degrading to women, such as in Fallout 3 & New Vegas. So if naked dancing women are included, for example, then they should have just as many naked dancing men IMO. :dance:
Damian Parsons

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:36 am

A bit of romance, yes. A bit of innuendo, yes, someone wanting to steal a kiss on the side of the road, yes a book with lusty material, yes. Graphic six or fade to black scenes...no.
Kit Marsden

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:50 am

I just hope they include advlt material. I would let a seven year old play Oblivion. In fallout 3 you can tell Butch to go [censored] himself. Imagine saying that to someone in oblivion. :cryvaultboy: :cryvaultboy:
Chavala

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:43 am

So what does the OP mean by six? Having romance in the game? Or having releationships, or doing the actual deed? Like hitting Y does this, hitting X does that, and hitting A repeatedly, will result in the climatic end result? Romance, relationships, ok, the later you might as well be just watching porm and or Daytime TV soap operas then.
Suzy Santana

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:56 am

A bit of romance, yes. A bit of innuendo, yes, someone wanting to steal a kiss on the side of the road, yes a book with lusty material, yes. Graphic six or fade to black scenes...no.

This.
Nicole M

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:54 am

No, because it adds nothing to the game. I voted "yes" for childish, not because I object to six, but because I think that the majority of the time its handled very immaturely.
sexy zara

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:21 am

Funny, how most users instantly think about having six with NPCs and seem to feel urged to claim they do not need to.

Please stop fantasizing, use some cold water or whatever and lets get serious. There are lots of mature people in TES IV running around, talking, eating, sleeping, working and doing nearly everything to make us believe they are living real lives. But... IMHO they all pretend to be disciples at some church school and behave like children that feel watched by their parents.

That's why six is needed like drinking, arguing, stealing, hanging round in bars with girls that act cheap and provocative. It needs bards and singing drunks in there and dancing girls, clothes that look cheap and dirty and every once in a while there should be fights between drunks. One should stumble across mating people behind the cathedral or in the wilderness, or hear them at night when one is sneaking thru the town. It is not only needed. It is urgently needed to build up atmosphere.

I think I agree with most of the activities that would add to the atmosphere... but I'm not sure about seeing people rutting in the streets :P
josie treuberg

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:42 am

Having six fills no function and has no place in a TES game, according to me. I don't see any reason why they should add it and I'll actually be very disappointed if they do. However, I do want it to be some sixual innuendos (in your endo, heh, sorry), such as the sixy dancers in Suran and people hinting about it, Crassius Curo, for instance.
Cagla Cali

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:39 pm

My biggest problem with six in video games is that it's always geared towards the male player (at least heterosixual males). I realize that this is the primary demographic of gamers, but I always feel ignored as a female player. In a lot of games, I also find it quite degrading to women, such as in Fallout 3 & New Vegas. So if naked dancing women are included, for example, then they should have just as many naked dancing men IMO. :dance:

With all due respect, I don't think that would be very realistic at all. From a lore point of view, it is the heterosixual male demographic that these in-game businesses are targeting. You could argue that in a fantasy game sixual biology and sociology not necessarily work the same way as in reality, and that would be a valid point. But in a Fallout game, down-to-Earth realism always has to be taken into account.
Alyna

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:55 pm

No I do not want six to be included, most horrifying when I'm playing the game at home and one of those scenes pop up out of nowhere-very embarrising. But I do however not think it is "childish" in any other way than childs popping out so to say... :slap:
Taylah Haines

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:17 am

I wouldn't have anything against it particularly (certainly no moral objection), but I just don't see how it could be put in the game without it being a bit lame and pointless.

It's like asking if the game should include flying sheep - I wouldn't be against it and it might cause some temporary amusemant, but it would be somewhat out of place and spoil the atmosphere of the game.
Trista Jim

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:26 pm

This. It just doesn't seem fitting the Elder Scrolls to me. I'm not really sure why.
Lewis Morel

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:06 am

My biggest problem with six in video games is that it's always geared towards the male player (at least heterosixual males).
Agreed. It definately needs some pervert to step aside you and make you blush by whispering those well known offers (i hopefully do not have to explain in detail) in your ear or whistle when you walk by using a female player character.

Sadly i don't expect this to happen. But males didn't 'get much more in TES IV. Just one hipswinging siren and we all know there was no happy ending. Maybe for the realism :(
rebecca moody

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Only if they include an equivalent of Maury in the game.
emma sweeney

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 pm

It's not needed

But it's not necessarily immature. six scenes can be done with tact in a very advlt way (no not that kind of advlt way :slap:).
Sunnii Bebiieh

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't really care, but I really don't like it when they do have six in games. How do I say this...when games have six it comes out really cheesy. The only game that I can think of that did a alright job was heavy rain.
Ebou Suso

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:36 pm

I think its an M-Rated game. Thus it can have M-rated content. You dont have to engage if you feel it is dirty...

Imma tap that Bosmer all day :D
Juan Suarez

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Its extremely pointless unless you get bonus health or something.
Daniel Brown

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:58 am

Agreed. It definately needs some pervert to step aside you and make you blush by whispering those well known offers (i hopefully do not have to explain in detail) in your ear or whistle when you walk by using a female player character.

Sadly i don't expect this to happen. But males didn't 'get much more in TES IV. Just one hipswinging siren and we all know there was no happy ending. Maybe for the realism :(

Oh no! I like playing TES and feeling like a hero - not a sixy laydee :P Maybe not realistic, but I'd rather not get pestered by perverts in-game. I'd also argue that that is still a set-up which plays to male audiences (or at least the "male gaze") - objectification of the female and whatnot :)
Mimi BC

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Its extremely pointless unless you get bonus health or something.

You get experience towards your Lovemaking skill.
Nicole M

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:30 pm

I think it's ironic how we are all in a role playing game's discussion forum and the primary argument against six being added to the game is that it's pointless.
Krystina Proietti

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:43 am

I actually agree with a lot of these points. These are dark times as the third era has just come to an end with no clear leadership in sight. There should be some disorder around the provinces, and confusion. Especially since this is in Skyrim, the Nords are more or less Vikings anyways. It all fits together.
Sista Sila

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Maybe not six per-se, but a companion system would be nice.
Dragonz Dancer

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:18 am

I don't mind either way, its not something that I feel missing in TES games but I wouldn't mind if it was there as an option anyways.

If its important to you buy the PC version and wait for a mod :P
jodie

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim