Skyrim's dungeons are the weakest of the past 3 games.

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:06 pm

Yeah, that's a bald-faced lie, and indicative that you haven't actually done any exploring to know what you're talking about. I've found a number of high-level loot chests in offshoots from the main path. The devs particularly favor putting them under trees and behind bushes in the "green" dungeons that contain animals and spriggans, probably because the flora provide more natural ways to hide them.

If this were true you could name the dungeon(s) that do not end with a boss, loot chest, and shortcut back to the entrance.
Georgine Lee

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:11 pm

If that is true, then nothing would be lost if Bethesda went out of business. If amateur coders in their free time can do better work than the coders you pay, you might have some serious problems with your company.

Umm. You need Bethesda to make the base game and construction kit before the modders can do their work. But yeah, most folks around here would probably agree that the modding community can do a better job of putting the icing on the cake so to speak than Bethesda. That's why there are still a lot of folks playing modded Morrowind 10 years later and modded Oblivion six years later, but not so many playing the vanilla versions of those games.
phil walsh

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:54 pm

If this were true you could name the dungeon(s) that do not end with a boss, loot chest, and shortcut back to the entrance.
That ruin in Markarth. The one you go down to after killing Nimhe. It has a central hub with looping attached cells. It was a pain in the ass to navigate.

And the Eldergleam Sanctuary. It's technically a modified dungeon. Sure it's only 1 cell but it counts.

Also the place with Eduj/Okin? I can't remember how it was set up but it wasn't linear.

There's 3.
butterfly

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Just off the top of my head, Korvanjund and Moss Mother. One of the burrows along the northwest shore also had one tucked away in a side corner, although I can't remember which of them it was. There's also a dungeon which features a large open room with a big tree on top of a three story-high rock structure guarded by Spriggans at the top. One of the bridges off this top platform leads to a drop hiding another superchest. This is a separate dungeon from Eldergleam.

Combine those four with the three from Autocthon, and that's seven in what two people off-hand. Anything else you'd care to be wrong about today?
Tom Flanagan

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:33 am

Post limit.
jenny goodwin

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim