Sload Soap

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:06 pm

How do we get our hands on it? It is a premature sload but there are not very many sload in Tamirel, almost all are Necromancers, and even those who aren't, we can't even get near them without them killing us. Am I wrong? Can somebody enlighten me on this?
Dalton Greynolds

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:26 am

and even those who aren't, we can't even get near them without them killing us.

Rubbish. It would be hard being a diplomat, smuggler or merchant if you're a violent monster.

Also: The advlt form does not apparently reproduce, and shows no interest in the fate of its offspring. We get sload grubs from the sload, presumably.
April

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:44 am

Walter:
Ah, the power of importation.

I won't begin to imagine how sload soap is required. It sounds.... icky.
Crystal Clear

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Wait! Sload soap is really baby sloads? Oh crap, then I've been bathing in sload babies this whole time and not knowing it! I feel so dirty...*continues to wash himself in sload soap*
Spooky Angel

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:22 pm

I seem to remember that urine was a prime constituent in soap at one time - I suspect that may not have entirely changed. Why do you think it is so important that soap be perfumed?
SamanthaLove

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:29 pm

I seem to remember that urine was a prime constituent in soap at one time - I suspect that may not have entirely changed. Why do you think it is so important that soap be perfumed?

Mainly because it was originally tallow or lard with lye added.
Antony Holdsworth

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:27 am

I always figured it was somewhat like Deugh Wax or Shalk Resin.
Joanne

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:50 pm

We have a type of food called Hot Dogs, but they usually aren't made of dog meat. It could be the same situation with this soap. It isn't like there's an FDA to check it either.
Laura Richards

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:52 am

We have a type of food called Hot Dogs, but they usually aren't made of dog meat. It could be the same situation with this soap. It isn't like there's an FDA to check it either.

That's not really comparable, Hot Dogs are named because they look like a Dachshund(sort of) it has nothing to do with the meat. Sload Soap is named after the Sload and most likely taken from one. Just like Brazilian Nuts are taken from Brazil.
James Hate

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:25 am

That's not really comparable, Hot Dogs are named because they look like a Dachshund(sort of) it has nothing to do with the meat. Sload Soap is named after the Sload and most likely taken from one. Just like Brazilian Nuts are taken from Brazil.

...but point taken, right? :poke:
Andrew

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:05 am

So, I'm confused, what is sload soap? Is it soap? Made by Sload? Or from the Sload homeland, Thras?
Emzy Baby!

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:43 pm

I was under the impression it was made from Sload secretions.
Svenja Hedrich

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:18 pm

As I believe is stated in Morrowind dialogue: "Sload soap is a waxy substance made from the immature non-sentient forms of the sload."
Austin Suggs

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:58 am

As I believe is stated in Morrowind dialogue: "Sload soap is a waxy substance made from the immature non-sentient forms of the sload."

Yep, that's right. I think that one of the Telvanni alchemists at Sadrith Mora says that.
Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:58 am

As does http://www.imperial-library.info/mwbooks/alchemists_formulary.shtml, the third result you get when you type in Sload Soap in the Imperial Library. The first is he conversation topic that says the same. This completely useless discussion which only leads us back to the original post could have been avoided if people bothered to do a little fact checking.
Alexx Peace

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:33 am

Hmmmm - b ut where does it say that the 'baby sloads' are killed in the process of extracting the soap? It could :whistle: just be ear wax.

Btw - can this post be totally useless if the great Albides has deigned to post here? And explained to us nubees where to look and even (out of his generosity) provided a link?
Cassie Boyle

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:57 pm

How does Sload soap even make you clean?? I'd rather wash with scrib jelly (probably since I've always thought it sounds tasty :))
matt oneil

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:02 am

Hmmmm - b ut where does it say that the 'baby sloads' are killed in the process of extracting the soap? It could :whistle: just be ear wax.

"...made from the immature non-sentient forms of the sload..."

Btw - can this post be totally useless if the great Albides has deigned to post here? And explained to us nubees where to look and even (out of his generosity) provided a link?

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not. But any post that gives lip service to me is not a wasted one, in my opinion.

How does Sload soap even make you clean?? I'd rather wash with scrib jelly (probably since I've always thought it sounds tasty :))

Same way any soap makes you clean, I suppose. Many used to be made from fat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap#How_soap_works how a chemical reaction occurs that makes dirt more soluble. Expect Wierd to perhaps come along and expand this one sentence into ten paragraphs with randomly CAPITALISED words and irregular spacing about the chemical processes and math behind it.
Steeeph

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:43 pm

No. The post is still useless because the link was to be found in the stickied http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=195079 thread.
CHangohh BOyy

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:33 am

No. The post is still useless because the link was to be found in the stickied http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=195079 thread.

:lmao:
Cat

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:49 am

So my question is: do Sloads themselves use Sload soap? It sounds like they don't really care much about where it comes from, but would they go as far as to rub babies all over themselves just to get clean?
Danny Blight

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:37 am

Does Sload even use soap at all?
Irmacuba

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Walter:
Ah, the power of importation.

I won't begin to imagine how sload soap is required. It sounds.... icky.

You mean 'aquired' I presume =)

But yeah, what I'm imagining isn't even appropriate for this forum. Icky indeed.
Hayley Bristow

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Maybe they rub human and mer babies all over themselves instead?

QUOTE(1999 @ Jul 16 2008, 01:22 AM)
Hmmmm - but where does it say that the 'baby sloads' are killed in the process of extracting the soap? It could just be ear wax.

QUOTE"...made from the immature non-sentient forms of the sload..."

Yeah, read that a few years ago Albides - but ty :)

- 'course this does not say what part of the baby sload is used, so it could be ear wax, hair grease, stomach bile, maybe the skins of baby sloads are covered in goo and this is scraqed off, or other less mentionable stuff.

- then again it's possible the baby sloads are just popped into a grinder or boiled alive and rendered? - depends on your idea of the bright side of life - if you have one.

and even those who aren't, we can't even get near them without them killing us.

Quote ALBIDES
Rubbish. It would be hard being a diplomat, smuggler or merchant if you're a violent monster.

I also wonder why you think that a Merchant, diplomat or smuggler would not want to kill you if you used enough of its children as soap. Say the advlt form that does not reproduce is actively intelligent - don'y you think it might have an idea of what genocide is? What do you think motivated the Great Plague?

Quote ALBIDES
Also: The advlt form does not apparently reproduce, and shows no interest in the fate of its offspring. We get sload grubs from the sload, presumably.

What if the advlts have no interest in anything because they are already brain-dead and it is the adolescents that are the movers and shakers?

As in: Well hey Albides, why are you sitting there talking to that brain-dead lump of flesh and lathering yourself with the corpse of a baby sload? Surely you might have realised that brain dead lunps do not care about their offspring - but oooh lookeee over there? See those 40 adolescents with a wide variety of skewering implements rushing towards you? They are its parents :D And I suspect they may care just a little bit. Do you think you will make a good rug?
Dewayne Quattlebaum

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:26 am

"...made from the immature non-sentient forms of the sload..."

Yeah, read that a few years ago Albides - but ty :)

- 'course this does not say what part of the baby sload is used, so it could be ear wax, hair grease, stomach bile, maybe the skins of baby sloads are covered in goo and this is scraqed off, or other less mentionable stuff.

Erm. Sorry. I fail to see how a sload's "immature non-sentient form" is actually an oblique reference to earwax.

I also wonder why you think that a Merchant, diplomat or smuggler would not want to kill you if you used enough of its children as soap. Say the advlt form that does not reproduce is actively intelligent - don'y you think it might have an idea of what genocide is? What do you think motivated the Great Plague?
Quote ALBIDES

What if the advlts have no interest in anything because they are already brain-dead and it is the adolescents that are the movers and shakers?

As in: Well hey Albides, why are you sitting there talking to that brain-dead lump of flesh and lathering yourself with the corpse of a baby sload? Surely you might have realised that brain dead lunps do not care about their offspring - but oooh lookeee over there? See those 40 adolescents with a wide variety of skewering implements rushing towards you? They are its parents :D And I suspect they may care just a little bit. Do you think you will make a good rug?

Or, you know, maybe not.

Especially since the preceding description is a whole blurb about how they are utterly amoral and show nothing comparable to human emotion:
    Morally Repugnant: Every Sload individual encountered has been a grasping, callous, godless, self-loving schemer. They do not seem to experience or display any familiar human emotions, though they are skilled diplomats and actors, and produce gross, exaggerated parodies of human behavior [laughter at lame jokes, weeping at apparent misfortunes, furious tirades at folly or ineptitude]. They have no compunctions about blasphemy, theft, torture, kidnapping, murder, or genocide. They break laws whenever they calculate it in their best interests. They do not perceive or honor friendship or loyalty in the familiar human terms, except for a cheerful affinity for those who defeat them or trick them in any endeavor.
Of course this could be all polemic nonsense. But that's hardly as fun. They're a race of Jabba the Hutts. Cheerful, amoral opportunists.

I must have missed the bit where the Thrassian Plague was started over soap.
renee Duhamel

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion