A Story of the Commonwealth: OOC Thread

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:38 am

Awesome you're good to go too, I'll add you to the OP later today.

Lots of interesting characters, should be fun
adam holden

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:06 am

Was my CS accepted.

Jack Walker

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:37 pm

I hope people like my writing style. If anyone has any questions about what my characters are doing or how they are doing it, I'll gladly make a follow-up post to clarify.

James Baldwin

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:41 am

I like the color's lol

Taylor Bakos

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Name: Helen
Race: Human
Height: 5'9"
Build: Helen has a slight but strong build.
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Slightly past her shoulder and curly, she keeps it braided or tied back most of the time.
Skin color: Wasteland brown
Eye Color: Blue
Belongings: She wears a black, tattered and hooded robe over a few loose rags and long johns. Helen wears worn boots and a knap-sack and satchel.
Rich O'Brien

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:36 am

Well, I'd like to get in on this if there's still space for one more. Got 2 CS's here

Spoiler

Name: Jayson Venner

Race: Asian / Caucasian
Height: 5'9”
Build: Stocky Build

Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Ronin
Skin Color: Tan
Eye Color: Blue
Facial Hair Style: None

Belongings: .38 automatic pipe pistol, trench knife w/ round knuckle guard, khaki cargo pants w/ medical brace over the right leg, worn blue button up shirt, stained gray cotton trenchcoat, beige trilby hat, black rim eyeglasses, large filled green canvas backpack w/ bedroll on bottom & water canteen and bottle of bourbon on side pouches

Spoiler

Name: Arthur

Race: Protectron w/ Mister Handy software

Height: 5'6"

Build: Robot

Skin Color: Burnished blue shell, white coloring at the joints

Eye Color: Green optic sensors behind the transparent faceplate

Belongings: 2 Built-in arm mounted lasers, leather harness to hitch to a wagon, flatbed wagon loaded w/ footlockers

:)Colleenn

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:21 am

Spoiler

Name: Malcolm Grant
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5ft 11inches
Build: Thin, but slightly muscled(Though the muscles are fading owing to lack of nourishment and whatnot).

Hair Color: Black, with greying.
Hair Style: I'm going to be lazy and say http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/308/files/2015/04/The_Avengers_Bruce_Banner.jpg.
Skin Color: Tanned and Weatherbeaten.
Eye Color: Hazel.
Facial Hair Style: Stubble, hasn't shaved in around two weeks.

Belongings: Green Shirt and Combat Boots, Brown greatcoat, Mining Helmet, Army Haversack and khaki messenger bag, Medical kit, Combat knife, open razor and a Laser Pistol(Down to it's last Energy cell). And the usual water and food.

Character's already been approved by Smiley, should have a post up soon.

Elizabeth Davis

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:31 am

I believe I've sent everyone a PM. I made a suggestion or two to a CS or two, but other than those we're all good to go.

I'm going to edit the OP now so it's up to date.

Christina Trayler

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:08 am

Haven't played Fallout 4 yet, so my geography might be shaky. But I'll try my best.

Simple Character Sheet

Name: Martin Ruriksson
Race: Caucasian/Ghoul
Height: 5'8 bordering 5'9
Build: Average build with slight toning, but nothing notable.

Hair Color: Brown (What's left of it.)
Hair Style: Combed back with patches missing of his hair.
Skin Color: Formerly white
Eye Color: Formerly blue (now murky like most ghouls)
Facial Hair Style: N/A
Facial Hair Color: N/A

Complete Character Sheet

Spoiler
Name: Martin Ruriksson
Race: Caucasian/Ghoul
Height: 5'8-5'9
Build: Average

Hair Color: Brown (in patches)
Hair Style: Slicked back with patches missing
Skin Color: Formerly white, now a ghoul.
Eye Color: Formerly blue, now the common murky ghoul eyes.
Facial Hair Style: N/A
Facial Hair Color: N/A

Strengths: Mechanical things such as cars, computers and other such pre-war tech. He also is happy to recount the world before to curious Wasters.
Weaknesses: Combat and alcohol.
Personality: Cycles between depressed and solemn to a caring and helpful man when he's needed.
Background: Born in 2024 in Las Vegas Nevada, Martin was raised in a family of working class folks. His dad worked for H & H Tools and when Martin got old enough to work, he was raised into the craft. As he got a little older and saved up money, he moved to Washington D.C. and lived two lives. One was the American dream in a small apartment and a job at a local robotic repair business in Canterbury Commons. The other life was his life as a Communist sympathiser, always fearful of being sent to the detainment camps he'd heard whispers (or pride from the dedicated Pro-Americans at work) of. On the week the War came, he'd been in Boston on vacation. While half true, the real reason was to attend a gathering of Communists, all in very hushed secrecy for obvious reasons. But before he could ever attend the 'conference' the War hit first two days earlier than the meeting. He tried and pleaded to get into a local vault but was denied along with the rest of the survivors he'd met. These past 210 years he's spent drifting around the Commonwealth working as a mechanic for hire.
Belongings: RobCo jumpsuit he wears for repairs, a trusty toolbox he's had for over 80s years and a 10mm pistol as well (Also miscellaneous small things such as as old Photos of himself and his family, a carton of cigarettes, etc.)

Amelia Pritchard

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:28 am

Let's go ahead and not look at the Complete Part. I'll send him a PM to PM it to me and remove it from his post.

You're good to go anyway Martyr. I'll add you and your character to the OP.

Oh and Vatrou, my bad for not telling you earlier you were good to go. I kept thinking I already had, and I kept thinking I'd already added you to the OP.

Stephanie Kemp

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:04 pm

Since we have quite a lot of participants now, is it alright if we reply within two or three posts from our last? It might otherwise grind to a halt pretty quickly.

Marie Maillos

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:36 am

I would say so, my rule of thumb Sacredless is that you wait at least 2 posts before posting again.

by the way this whole not knowing everyone's backstory is such a great idea that should be used in EVERY RP. I have no idea who I want to try and befriend and who I dont care for haha

WYatt REed

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:06 am

I'm glad you and Fisheye like it.

At first I just sort of thought of it as a good way to make characters actually kind of get to know each other. I mean you still figure a guy in a lab coat is probably clever, a guy in scrubs is probably a doctor or nurse, and a dude wearing a loincloth wearing a belt that has human hands hanging off of it is probably not a poet laureate...

But the whole not know who to befriend part is fun too.

If anyone wants to send me any ideas on little side stories or just ideas they want to explore feel free to. It's not structured to where you can't start them off yourself, you absolutely can as long as you're reasonable about it, but I'd be happy to talk it out with you. That way I can see if an idea someone else has had might tie in nicely or if I should change what little plans I have. Got an interesting cast of characters.

Angela Woods

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:30 pm

Alright, I'll stick to that as a guideline, thanks!

Yama Pi

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:16 am

I wanted to make a note that we are starting to juggle Codsworth around and that is already leading to conflict in continuity. We may need to cut down on the amount we involve Codsworth or relegate him to one poster.

Amy Siebenhaar

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:01 am

I'll handle Codsworth.

Haven't seen any issues with him but I get what you're getting at. Prizrak's bit was cool and Andro and I talked about that little conversation he had with Codsworth via PM.

He's basically been in or just outside of the SS's house this whole time. He's not going to move much, not until the Mister and the Misses return with that dear sweet child. Oh what fun that will be.
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:39 am

So should we run Codsworth convos with you before hand?? Also I should have a post up tomorrow.

Marcus Jordan

Post » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:36 pm

Ah, wait, I think I misunderstood Laura's part. I'm a bit sleep-deprived, so I must have been mistaken!

Felix Walde

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:57 am

Yeah run them by me real quick, he's pretty much there waiting for his family to come back. He's not precisely losing it, but he's very lonely.

That bit with the Elmsleys was him justifying letting someone stay in the house to himself. It's basically double think. He knows they're not the Finklesteins just like he knows the Housing Office is a pile of rubble, but pretending helps him cope so long as he doesn't acknowledge that it's pretend. Double think.
Monika

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:08 am

I reread stuff. I was under the impression that Laura was the original owner of Codsworth, but I misunderstood; she knows Codsworth from some place else. We can go back to having everyone use Codsworth to introduce themselves again; I was just worried that there were people saying that Codsworth had a master and missus, when I thought Laura established there were two misses.

My mistake! qvq

Joey Avelar

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:18 pm

Yeah I was a bit confused about Codsworth. I initially assumed Smiley would be RP'ing him for the most part, but then I saw other people CC'ing him and didn't see any objection so I wasn't sure.

jasminε

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:11 am

Yeah, his owner is the SS, his wife, and their son. No spoilers for anyone who doesn't have the game, but we'll stick with the canon intro segment and from there SS will be a background character.

Might cross paths with him from time to time or hear of his exploits, but that's about it. I don't know what to have him do or not do, so if anyone has any ideas send them to me as a PM so that if we pick up that idea it can be a surprise to everyone else.
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:19 pm

I realize I just sent Arthur to go talk to Codsworth, and you don't have to interact with him. I'm using it as a subtle way of announcing our presence there, without having to go to each group to say "Hi!" or screaming "we're here!" from the rooftops.

Ricky Meehan

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:34 am

Yeah, I mean, no offense but the opening post of the RP doesn't have much structure on how things go down upon arrival, so I was confused and had to make do.

Tamika Jett

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:58 am

Like I said, I was confused and I'm perfectly okay with using Codsworth. I was just slightly alarmed when, after some stuff went down for me IRL, I read what I thought was the SS. Very sorry for the confusion. ^^'

Using Codsworth is a perfect way to get your characters introduced!

Fam Mughal

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion