A Story of the Commonwealth: OOC Thread

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:24 pm

A Story of the Commonwealth

The year is 2287 and the Commonwealth is a dangerous place. Though scant years ago a promising alliance had formed, uniting the many small settlements, today those settlements and the unfortunates who call themselves settlers are but oases in a vast and deadly wasteland. From all angles they are beset by all manner of hostile life. Animal, mutant, mechanical, and, perhaps most dangerous, human. All societies must protect themselves to flourish, so it is and so it has always been because man, man never changes.

Your Involvement
Spoiler
We begin in and about the settlement of Sanctuary. Perhaps you are a vault dweller, as rumor has it one or more have been seen coming from Vault 111, perhaps your settlement has been overrun, escaped slave, synth, under cover raider? It is difficult to tell. You never know who you can trust these days. You're certainly no Brotherhood soldier, given your lack of Power Armor. Can't be Institute, given that you're not hunkered down in your bunker, wherever the hell that is. Can't be a Synth...you're not a Synth are you? Ahh but that's just what a Synth WOULD say. I've got my eye on you stranger.
Whoever, and whatever, you are, there's not much out here for the taking. You want a safe place to lay your head? You want to make a change, even a minute one, to this wasteland? I have nothing to give you, but you're gonna need some friends. It's not safe to go alone. So then, tell me, just who are you?
My Involvement
Spoiler
For this RP I will be the GM, that is Game Master. Here are the three basic roles of a GM.
GM's are not required to do math, its in the Constitution.
  • Author
  • Director
  • Referee
  • Manager

In this instance, and in most RPs here, I'm not really the author, you all are. I'll do a bit of directing in the form of throwing encounters at you from time to time and Refereeing, if and when disputes arise. For the most part I'll RP as a character in one of the settlements and occasionally RP as a raider or trader or what-have-you. If this RP makes it to a full on Settlement, Faction, or Nation RP things will likely change.

Three Simple Rules
Spoiler
1. No Ubering or God-Modding or Character Controlling or Meta-Gaming, Just No
Spoiler
Your character is not the Vault Dweller/Chosen One/Warrior/Lone Wanderer/Courier/Sole Survivor.
Your character IS not so good at anything, let alone everything, that he/she doesn't need help. If you begin to venture into this territory a GM will let you know by PM, that'd be me. This shouldn't be an issue as long as there's give and take. Even a very Intelligent character doesn't know everything. Character Controlling and Meta-Gaming are more difficult to define, but if you feel like something you or someone else is doing is a little sketchy you're probably seeing one or the other. Essentially your freedom ends where it constricts another player's freedom.
2. Help Out the GM, Make Him Obsolete.
Spoiler
Like the old posters said, "If you see something, say something," but then also "Loose lips sink ships."
So if you have a problem with something someone does try to work it out with them. If you just can't come to an agreement let me know. It's preferable to settle everything via PM, don't clog up the OOC with arguments, but if it comes down to it send me a PM.
3. Be a Pal, Put Effort Into Your Posts
Spoiler
Everyone makes mistakes and that's fine, but if you don't have the time to think out a good response of at least a few paragraphs, please just refrain from posting until you do. If you do have the time to think out a good response, please, present it in the best manner possible. Use spell check, read through it once before posting, read through it again after posting. From time to time everyone makes mistakes or just has time enough for a quick short post, just please don't make a habit of it. I edit my stuff a million times to fix grammatical and spelling errors, and I still miss stuff.
Players and Characters
Spoiler
Player Name Character Name
------------------------------
Colonel Martyr Martin Ruriksson
Spoiler
Name: Martin Ruriksson
Race: Caucasian/Ghoul
Height: 5'8 bordering on 5'9
Build: Average build with slight toning, but nothing notable.
Hair Color: Brown (What's left of it.)
Hair Style: Combed back with patches missing of his hair.
Skin Color: Formerly white
Eye Color: Formerly blue (now murky like most ghouls)
Crazy Ewok Jayson Venner
Spoiler
Name: Jayson Venner
Race: Asian / Caucasian
Height: 5'9”
Build: Stocky
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Ronin
Skin Color: Tan
Eye Color: Blue
Facial Hair Style: None
Belongings: A .38 automatic pipe pistol, trench knife w/ round knuckle guard, khaki cargo pants w/ medical brace over the right leg, worn blue button up shirt, stained gray cotton trenchcoat, beige trilby hat, black rim eyeglasses, large filled green canvas backpack w/ bedroll on bottom & water canteen and bottle of bourbon on side pouches
Crazy Ewok Arthur
Spoiler
Name: Arthur
Race: Protectron w/ Mister Handy software
Height: 5'6"
Build: According to company standards
Skin Color: Burnished blue shell, white coloring at the joints
Eye Color: Green optic sensors behind the transparent faceplate
Belongings: 2 Built-in arm mounted lasers, leather harness to hitch to a wagon, flatbed wagon loaded w/ footlockers
DG_Nacho Shane Crowell
Spoiler
Name: Shawn Crowell
Race: Human
Height: 5’11
Build: Very fit
MINUS ALL GEAR (grenades, weapons, patches on clothes, etc.)
Belongings: small backpack, 1 bottle of water, 1 bottle of whiskey, gas mask, combat knife, drawing of home
Fisheye98 Alex Lantry
Spoiler
Name: Alex Lantry
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'9
Build: Slim, almost to the point of appearing unhealthy
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Hair Style: Shoulder-length and straight
Skin Color: Pale, starting to appear sun-burnt
Eye Color: Dark Blue
Facial Hair Color: None
Lt. Andronicus Robert Elmsley
Spoiler
Name: Robert Elmsley
Height: 6'1
Build: Average, the wasteland tends to keep one fit and trim.
Hair Style: Scruffy and Unkempt.
Skin Color: White, but pock-marked with dirt and grime, and tanned from the wasteland sun.
Eye Color: Brown
Facial Hair Style: A full, unkempt beard.
Belongings: Farmhand clothes, a hardhat, a pipe revolver, a toolbox, and a pack of cigarettes
Lt. Andronicus Dorothy Elmsley
Spoiler
Name: Dorothy Elmsley
Height: 5-4
Build: Petite
Hair Color: Red
Hair Style: Long and typically unkempt. Wasteland-style.
Skin Color: "Wastelander," often she appears sun-burnt due to her light complexion. Her face is covered in freckles.
Eye Color: Hazel
Belongings: A Ratty Skirt, a common Hunting Rifle, and a few miscellaneous odds and ends
Magus the Red Malcolm Grant
Spoiler
Name: Malcolm Grant
Height: 5ft 11inches
Build: Thin, but slightly muscled(Though the muscles are fading owing to lack of nourishment and whatnot)
Hair Color: Black, with greying.
Hair Style: I'm going to be lazy and say this.
Skin Color: Tanned and Weatherbeaten.
Eye Color: Hazel.
Facial Hair Style: Stubble, hasn't shaved in around two weeks.
Belongings: Green Shirt and Combat Boots, Brown greatcoat, Mining Helmet, Army Haversack and khaki messenger bag, Medical kit, Combat knife, open razor and a Laser Pistol(Down to it's last Energy cell). And the usual water and food.
Mr.SmileySmile Buford Tannen
Spoiler
Name: Buford Tannen
Race: Wasteland Mutt
Height: 6'1
Build: Little Bit Heavy
Hair Color: Brown
Hair Style: Buzzed
Skin Color: Tanned and Burnt
Facial Hair Style: Long Mustache
Belongings: A .308 Pipe Repeater Rifle, a length of Rebar, a mostly empty backpack, jeans, a green and black flannel shirt, tan jacket, and a sleeping bag.
Mr.SmileySmile Emily Tannen
Spoiler
Name: Emily Tannen
Race: Wasteland Mutt
Height: 4'2
Build: Thin
Hair Style: Messy
Skin Color: Tanned and Burnt
Belongings: An old doll, a .38 Pipe Repeater Pistol, a backpack, a reddish brown jacket, and a sleeping bag
Paladin Lewis John Cooper
Spoiler
Name: John Cooper
Height: 6’2
Build: Average Build, scarred left eye (seemlying from an energy weapon) and Hands (seemlying from a gunshot)
Hair Style: Scruffy Clean Cut
Skin Color: Light Tan
Facial Hair Style: Unshaven
Belongings: .44 Magnum and a few rounds, a broken Pip Boy, a length of rope, brown leather jacket, blue flannel shirt, faded jeans, socks and boots
Prizrak232 Laura "Jackal" Arlington
Spoiler
Name: Laura "Jackal" Arlington
Height: 5' 11”
Build: A thin petite build.
Hair Color: Silver
Hair Style: Wendy the Welder
Skin Color: Pale white
Eye Color: Silver
Belongings: Gunner harness worn underneath a dark blue air force officers trench coat. Black military combat boots, eyeglasses, her dog tags, and a dark blue air-force officers beret. She carries most of her gear in a dark gray military sea bag and a green satchel. Most of her gear contains a first aid kit, technological scrap, assorted food and water. 7 fully loaded 30 round .308 magazines for her rifle, as well as roughly 100 rounds of loose .308 rounds. Her primary weapon is a .308 Chinese Assault rifle, with a reflex sight, fore grip, and flash suppressor. When not in use she wears in on a sling over her shoulder. She also has a custom pip boy that she stripped out of it's casing, and now wears it on a cable connected to her belt instead of on her wrist.
Sacredless Naval Santiago
Spoiler
Name: Naval Santiago
Height: 5'8''
Build: Athletic
Hair Color: Jet Black
Hair Style: 9 to 5 / Waster
Skin Color: Olive
Facial Hair Style: Goatee & Stubble
Belongings: A Bi-Fold Chinese Officer's Sword, a Military Cap, Dirty Black Suit, a Tire Iron, a Pip Rifle, and Pocketed Leather Chest Armor
Sacredless Ellie Lane
Spoiler
Name: Ellie Laine
Height: 5'6''
Build: Frail from a sheltered, then impoverish lifestyle with little exercise
Hair Color: Brunette
Hair Style: Summa C. Laude
Skin Color: White
Belongings: Fatigues, Summer Shorts, Low Range Portable Radio Transmission Set, Snubnosed .44 Pistol
Tundrafrog Helen
Spoiler
Name: Helen
Height: 5'9"
Build: Helen has a slight but strong build.
Hair Style: Slightly past her shoulder and curly, she keeps it braided or tied back most of the time.
Skin color: Wasteland brown
Belongings: She wears a black, tattered and hooded robe over a few loose rags and long johns. Helen wears worn boots and a knap-sack and satchel.
Vatrou Bufftats
Spoiler
Name: Bufftats
Height: 6ft tends to slouch so he seems a tad shorter.
Build: Though he looks scrawny most of his body well toned.
Hair Color: Blue
Hair Style: Has a combed over mohawk that lays towards the right of his skull.
Skin Color: Tanned and filthy
Eye Color: Green
Facial Hair Style: Clean Shaven
Belongings: Raider leathers, a baseball bat and a pipe pistol. Everything else would appear to be in a worn duffel bag.
How to Make Character Sheets
Spoiler
Please prepare two Character Sheets for each and every character, and please note that having more than one character is probably a good idea. One Simple Character Sheet and one Complete Character Sheet, per character. The Simple Character Sheet should be posted here while the Complete Character Sheet should not be posted here and instead should be PM'd to me.
Don't worry too much if you only have time for the Simple one right now, just make sure you get me the full one before you start posting in-character.

The Simple Character Sheet is so that everyone knows just what they would know about your character from seeing them on the street, at least to start with. This way our characters, and us ourselves, can get to know other characters organically. Should be much better than our characters ostensibly knowing nothing about each other while we ourselves know each character's strengths, weakness, fears, and favorite color. I enjoy eggshell white and moonlit walks on the beach, in the nvde.

The Complete Character Sheet is so that the GM, me in this case, can make sure your character is balanced. Not likely to be necessary but every once in a while someone or other wants to make a super soldier and in this RP in particular that would quite quickly throw the balance all out of whack. Not many want to RP as a normal settler working to cement himself when Double Lieutenant Billy B. Badass (the B stands for Bad Ass) comes to town.

(Also it can help the GM, me again, to figure out how to make sure there's something for everyone to do)

Simple Character Sheet
Spoiler

Name:
Build:

Hair Color:
Hair Style:
Skin Color:
Eye Color:
Facial Hair Style:
Facial Hair Color: (If different from Hair Color)

Complete Character Sheet
Spoiler

Name:
Build:

Hair Color:
Hair Style:
Skin Color:
Eye Color:
Facial Hair Style:

Strengths: Try to reflect these as the story goes on
Weaknesses: Make sure to reflect these as the story goes on
Personality:
Background:
Belongings: Keep things simple, you wouldn't be a settler if you owned a full set of Combat Armor and an Auto-Shotgun
Lizs

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:48 pm

So can I do two characters sort of? A man and wife couple is what I was thinking. Do I need to do a sheet for both?

Jennie Skeletons

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:37 am

Sure for two characters, and yeah for two sheets. I'll edit the post to point that out. Gotta point out that more than one character is probably a good idea too.

Joey Avelar

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:51 am

Cool, fine by me. I'll get cracking on them ASAP.

Captian Caveman

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 am

Here's the shortened sheets for my two characters. I'll have the long ones sent to you shortly Smiley.
Name:Robert Elmsley
Spoiler
Race:Caucasian
Height: 6.1
Build: Average, not exactly muscular but not flabby either. The wasteland tends to keep one fit and trim.
Hair Color: Dark brownish.
Hair Style: Normally scruffy and unkempt.
Skin Color: White, but pock-marked with dirt and grime, and tanned from the wasteland sun.
Facial Hair Style: A full, unkempt beard.
Facial Hair Color: Same as hair.
Name: Dorothy Elmsley
Spoiler
Height: 5-4
Build: Petite, but being a wasteland girl she's not exactly a weakling either.
Hair Color: Reddish hair
Hair Style: Long and typically unkempt. Wasteland-style.
Skin Color: "Wastelander" (much like her husband). Often she appears less "tanned" and more "sun-burnt" due to her natural light complexion. Her face is covered in freckles.
Facial Hair Style: N/a

Facial Hair Color: N/a
Amy Masters

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:33 am

Naval Santiago http://i.imgur.com/6iFbDms.png

Spoiler
Name: Naval Santiago

Height: 5'8''
Build: Athletic

Hair Color: Jetblack
Hair Style: 9 to 5 / Waster
Skin Color: Olive

Facial Hair Style: Goatee & Stubble

Belongings: Two-Folding Chinese Officer's Sword (a mod of a folding knife/sword of my own design I'll publish when the G.E.C.K. comes out; http://i.imgur.com/eVqYkrR.png, http://i.imgur.com/ghosnBE.png), Military Cap, Dirty Black Suit, Tire Iron, Pipe Rifle, Pocketed Leather Chest Armor

(Potentially) Up Next: Ellie Laine.

Lizs

Post » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Laura "Jackal" Arlington

Spoiler

Name: Laura "Jackal" Arlington

Height: 5' 11”

Build: A thin petite build.

Hair Color: Silver

Hair Style: Wendy the Welder

Skin Color: Pale white

Eye Color: Silver

Belongings:

Gunner harness worn underneath a dark blue air force officers trench coat. Black military combat boots, eyeglasses, her dog tags, and a dark blue air-force officers beret. She carries most of her gear in a dark gray military sea bag and a green satchel.

Most of her gear contains a first aid kit, technological scrap, assorted food and water. 7 fully loaded 30 round .308 magazines for her rifle, as well as roughly 100 rounds of loose .308 rounds.

Her primary weapon is a .308 Chinese Assault rifle, with a reflex sight, fore grip, and flash suppressor. When not in use she wears in on a sling over her shoulder. She also has a custom pip boy that she stripped out of it's casing, and now wears it on a cable connected to her belt instead of on her wrist.

CRuzIta LUVz grlz

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:27 pm

Alex Lantry

Spoiler

Name: Alex Lantry
Height: 5'9
Build: Slim, almost to the point of appearing unhealthy

Hair Style: Shoulder-length and straight
Skin Color: Pale, starting to appear sun-burnt
Eye Color: Dark Blue
Facial Hair Color: None
Lifee Mccaslin

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:20 am

John Cooper

Spoiler

Name: John Cooper
Height: 6’2
Build: Average Build with some muscles, scarred left eye (seemlying from an energy weapon) and Hands (seemlying from a gunshot)

Hair Style: scruffy clean cut
Skin Color: light tan
Facial Hair Style: Unshaven

Belongings:
44. Magnum + 30 bullets , rope, Brown Leather jacket, blue flannel shirts, faded blue jeans, brown boots, Broken Pip-boy 3000a (worn on arm) and brown satchel bag

edited to included Belongings

Eduardo Rosas

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:29 am

Just a thought, but maybe we should move the "belongings" to the short character sheet?

Maybe keep off things they have that nobody would reasonably know about, but just so we know what characters normally wear etc.

sam smith

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:05 am

I think that makes sense. Anything not concealable or normally stashed should be visible. I plan on having my CS up tonight.

Hairul Hafis

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:36 am

Ellie Laine https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3e/91/57/3e915733729e03c0df767fce9a82a16d.jpg

Spoiler
Name: Ellie Laine

Height: 5'6''
Build: Frail from a sheltered, then impoverish lifestyle with little exercise
Hair Color: Brunette
Hair Style: Summa [censored] Laude
Skin Color: White
Facial Hair Style: N/A
Belongings: Fatigues, Summer Shorts, Short Range Portable Radio Transmitter, Hacker's Toolbox, Snubnosed .44 Pistol

EDIT: I agree that the open-carry equipment can probably be known by everyone. More so that we can figure out what people's specialties are by looking at them, as a first impression.
Bedford White

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:59 am

Cool. I've added Belongings for everyone who has posted belongings.

Just need Fisheye98's and Prizrak282's Complete Character Sheets and Belongings

Pretty much ready to go. Anyone have a time of year they want to start the story in?

I don't care too much, but I figure we should set it in either Spring, Summer, or just the beginning of Fall, that way we can make Winter a thing we prepare for.

Sxc-Mary

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:36 am

I like the idea of setting it in fall personally, but anything is fine with me.

Alister Scott

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:41 am

Sanctuary was founded after October 23rd, so it makes sense if we start in November.

Juan Cerda

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:37 am

Full sheet will be sent to you tomorrow.

Spoiler

Name: Bufftats

Height: 6ft tends to slouch so he seems a tad shorter.

Build: Though he looks scrawny most of his body well toned.

Hair Color: Blue

Hair Style: Has a combed over mohawk that lays towards the right of his skull.

Skin Color: Tanned and filthy

Eye Color: Green

Facial Hair Style: none

Belongings: Raider leathers, a baseball bat and a pipe pistol. Everything else would appear to be in a worn duffel bag.

Epul Kedah

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:22 am

Added belongings to Naval and Ellie.

Naval:
Belongings: Two-Folding Chinese Officer's Sword (a mod of a folding knife/sword of my own design I'll publish when the G.E.C.K. comes out; http://i.imgur.com/eVqYkrR.png, http://i.imgur.com/ghosnBE.png), Military Cap, Dirty Black Suit, Tire Iron, Pipe Rifle, Pocketed Leather Chest Armor

Ellie:

Belongings: Fatigues, Summer Shorts, Short Range Radio Transmitter , Hacker's Toolbox, Snubnosed .44 Pistol

jessica sonny

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:45 am

I'll go ahead and post my characters belongs too.

Robert:

Belongings: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Farmhand_clothes, hardhat, and a simple pipe revolver. Other than that, the only other real thing of consequence he has is a toolbox (full of assorted construction tools) and a pack of cigarettes.

Dorothy:

Belongings: http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/1857-0-1448106050.jpg, common hunting rifle, and a few inconsequential miscellaneous items.

tannis

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:53 am

Alright, here are Alex's belongings.

Belongings: Clean Vault 111 jumpsuit, dirty and tattered olive army jacket, well-preserved 10mm pistol with holster, Pip-Boy 3000 Mark IV, combat knife, old, brown leather U.S. Mail Carrier bag (Contents hidden).

I've sent my full CS, too. I must commend you on the idea of splitting the CS like this, MrSmileySmile. I think it will likely add to the character interaction early on, as we'll have an actual reason to be cautious around others. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this.
Emmi Coolahan

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:13 am

So are we ready to start then?

Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:02 pm

Yep, had a weird day, I'll get the IC up shortly. I believe Prizrak and Vatrou, I still need a sheet from you, but that's it.
CHARLODDE

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:43 am

Sorry, I've been working long shifts the past few days. I'm working on the full sheet right now, and working on a few minor tweaks on the short one as well.

Sista Sila

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:10 pm

No problem, I got lucky and got a 4 day weekend but I know how it can be. I'm making a change to one of my character sheets too, Emily will be 8 rather than 12, way easier to RP
x a million...

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:17 am

craaap sorry im late for looking at this, should we PM you our full CS ????

Christine

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:53 am

I don't know how to make Spoiler things:

Name: Shawn Crowell
Height: 5’11
Build: Very fit
Appearances:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1b/72/1c/1b721cd6a5f511c8833cefcbc759cb39.jpg
MINUS ALL GEAR (grenades, weapons, patches on clothes, etc.)
Belongings: small backpack, 1 bottle of water, 1 bottle of whiskey, gas mask, combat knife, drawing of home
brenden casey

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion