The Dead Horde: Part 3

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:08 am

The monk had too many questions to count. He barely knew what corprus was, he had spent most of his life in Black Marsh, and so knowledge of current events was a commodity he had in short supply. Corprus he had heard of only in stories from the freed slaves, and if the oblivion gates had not opened, he would never have found out about the Emperor's assassination until years later. What he did know was that Corprus came from Morrowind, so the best course of action would be to move in the opposite direction. No, wait. He thought, It may be wiser to travel into Morrowind to find out the cause of the new outbreak. He sighed as he was again caught in decisive limbo.

"We don't have enough information," Xa-raku half-pondered, half-complained, "We do not know how many other cities have been destroyed. This might be the first one to be attacked, or it may be the only piece of civilization left in Tamriel." He cracked his knuckles idly while he spoke.

In lieu of something actually productive to do, Xa-raku began stretching in preparation for the running and jumping he would no doubt be doing in a rather short time.

"Can the corprus swim? If not, they may find themselves overwhelmed in Black Marsh. The fleshflies will certainly have their way with them."

He abruptly stopped stretching and asked them, "Apologies, but I still do not know your names."

Radek was to busy, pondering on how this bruise came to be on his leg to even hear Xa-Raku speaking. The Half-Minded Argonian looked at the ground, then began feeling around it with his hand. The floor was rough, with a few bumps every now and then. And Radek had been sleeping on his side, his leg on top of the other. The pressure and weight must have irritated his thigh, and caused the bruise to occur.
He sighed loudly, then looked over at Xa-Raku, whom still seemed to be talking. He paused for a moment, "Apologies, but I still do not know your names", Radek shuffled slightly, he still didn't trust this new Argonian, but what harm would come from telling his name? ''I-I'm Radek...'' He said nervously. His thigh suddenly began hurting again from being on the rough floor for too long. He groaned quietly, and bent his leg upwards.

ooc: Short post is short.
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:21 pm

OOC: It's winter, by the way, but not yet cold enough to snow.

IC: Fanier picked up a staff from the floor. It was particularly nice-looking. The unusual thing about it was that it was made of ice, from the handle all the way to the head. It had somehow managed to keep from melting in the outside air. Fanier was captivated by its seemingly mystical glow...

But Fanier did not have time to study the dark realms of magic. As he strapped the staff to his back, he turned to the others. "I think we should go to the prison, we'll find lots of supplies in the armory." Fanier paused when Kiel and Amiel began discussing where they would go if they leave the Imperial City. "We can't go to Morrowind. I mean, we can barely leave city walls without the constant threat of being found by corprus. We need to go north, the corprus probably won't spread into the cold climates until summer."
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:18 am

Approved.

"Okay then, Lemme see if i can remember this sheet.....

Name: Sae-Kas

Race: Argonian

Apparent Age:18

Actual: 18

Skills: (Climbing*, Sneak, Short Blade, Lockpick, Unarmored, Illusion)
*refer to phys. description
Armor/Apparel: Sleeveless shirt(worn, but acceptable), average pants(same)

Unique Apparel: A chain necklace with a green soulgem attached

Weapons: A glove that has a blade magically hidden in the palm, which will extend when magicka is run through it

Equipment: not much gold, but often carries a few mundane objects such as, bottles and cutlery, along with a few health potions

Phys appearance: Tall and spindly, he has the physique of a professional climber. His scales are very dark, almost black, and his eyes are a bright acid-green. His most abnormal trait is his claws, which have grown far beyond the length of a normal Argonian and are incredibly sharp, which have granted him the ability to climb almost anything.

Unique appearance(Tats, scars, etc.): Has matching scars around both of his wrists, caused by slave bracers

Mental description: Has a somewhat confused mental state, and can sometimes have sudden personality changes, but is usually a very cheerful person. However, he is easily distracted by a unique mental condition.

He is also averse to fighting, and will hide if possible. However, if it isn't possible, then he won't hesitate to fight his hardest

In his mind, he can hear voices coming from objects inside any given room, the voices only stop if he steals one of these items (which is why he carries around useless items); if he doesn't they will continue to pester him until he does.

The effects of these voices were alleviated somewhat, in a manner which I will explain in his bio

short bio:

First born in the marshes of Argonia, he was exceptional as a tracker and spy due to his climbing abilities, which allowed him to climb through the thick marsh trees with ease. He would have stayed here, had he not gone too far out of the marsh one day and landed in the middle of (quite literally) a slaver camp. He was purchased by an abolishonist and released into a city in Cyrrodiil, where slavery wasn't active.

It was here in this city where he first discovered his mental condition (refer to mental description). it nearly drove him insane on several occasions, but he managed to stay sane long enough to recieve a proposition from the Daedric Prince Vaermina, who offered him a test. If he could face and conquer a part of himself in her nightmare world, then she would lessen the volume of the voices, allowing him to use them to his advantage.

He succeeded, and can now listen to the voices to tell what objects are in a room, general location, and on rare occasions, he can even glean glimpses of memories imprinted on some objects.

Currently, he is in the Imperial city, trying to find a place for shelter."

OOC: I'll post an IC later
SWagg KId

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:37 am

OOC: I feel like the only argonian who isn't A: Mentally deranged in some way or B: an ex-slave or both.

Just saying.
Gracie Dugdale

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:57 pm

OOC: I Know krimsin. Most of the beasties char's are somewhat off.

IC: "And I do agree with that assessment Fanier, but a wise decision must be made with all possibilities considered." Amiel paused for a moment, as if struck by some newfound idea. "We could also try to get to one of the oceanic islands, but that would be quite the task." Amiel looked around the room for any scroll or potion that they could use. Finding the room lacking in such objects, he looked down at the damaged buildings below. They would most likely have something useful. As Amiel turned towards Fanier, he noticed the staff FAnier had picked up.

"What is that?" Amiel asked, pointing to the frozen staff. "Some sort of mages staff?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Waylas lowered himself down from the tower, arriving on the enclosed side of the arcane University. Someone has to do some searching after all. He entered into one of the now unmarked buildings, and found a room lined with strange altars. Investigating the altars, Waylas could find no means of interface, so he decided to search the cabinets. Inside one of them, he found a recently made mages staff, its wood freshly cut from some unkown tree. Taking the staff, he pointed it at a object and activated it (The basic knowledge of using scrolls and other things is usually known by the fighter's guild membership) and to his dissapointment, realized that it was a staff with psychokinetic abilities. Unfortunately, the enchantment was so weak that it could not be used offensively, though you could easily manipulate objects.
[Bounty][Ben]

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:17 pm

OOC: I feel like the only argonian who isn't A: Mentally deranged in some way or B: an ex-slave or both.

Just saying.

OOC: it's not like this is my first crazy character. I didn't even notice that most of the other beasts were off, but trying to survive the zombie apocalypse can't be too easy on the mind.

anyway... lets see if I still remember how to do this....

IC:Sae-Kas was wandering through the Imperial City, having discovered that the Corprus beasts didn't move around during the day. He had been hiding out there, avoiding Corprus and keeping an eye out for survivors. So far, he had had no luck. Fortunately for him, he had chosen to hide in the market district, which had plenty of food and supplies to keep him going through the days and nights.

He was on edge, as even though the Corprus didn't stir while the sun's morning rays washed over the district, he still knew that one might be dumb enough to ignore the pain of the sun and attack while it was light outside. As if to confirm his fears, his ears detected sounds somewhere in the city. He quickly scampered up the nearest building, his sharp claws finding purchase on the wall with ease.

Hanging on the side of the building, he could look over the district walls to see a small stirring near the Arcane University. He stopped and listened for a moment, his body taut on the wall. These sounds weren't the sounds he was used to hearing in the undead husk of the city. Flames burning, unearthly moans, the occasional structure falling apart; these were the sounds he was accustomed to.

The sounds coming from the university however, banging, and hints of conversation, were clearly still vibrant with life, not tainted by the black will of the Corprus disease. He tilted his head and mulled over the possiblities in his mind. Should he stay here in the markets, trying to cling to life by himself? Or should he take a risk and try to get into the University?

His bright green eyes narrowed in determination, the pupils dialating into thin slits. He would try, try to meet with other survivors who could maybe find a way to end this. With his new goal in mind, he dropped from the side of the building, landing easily on his reptilian feet, and started on his way towards the University, hoping that it would be a safe haven.
carly mcdonough

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 am

OOC: It's not a big deal, i just thought it was funny.

Also, could use another Jerod/Aulakauss post.
Chris Jones

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:33 am

OOC: It's Hrormir's Icestaff, if you've played Oblivion you can find it in the Arch-mage's quarters.

IC: Fanier was still thinking about the staff when Amiel asked about it. "This?" he pulled the staff off his back. "Yeah, I guess it's a mage's staff, it looks like one." He ran his hand down the staff and felt his hand getting colder. "The weird thing is its made out of ice. It's a wonder how it doesn't melt. Guess it's some weird magic or something." He held it out for Amiel to examine.
Tamara Primo

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:45 pm

OOC: I know what it is, doesn't mean that Amiel does.
IC: "THat's quite odd." Taking the staff from Fanier, Amiel looked across the width of the staff. It was quite cold to the touch, and it was quite a wonder that Amiel's hands were not becoming soaked with water. Amiel twirled the staff in his hands, getting a feel for its weight. It seemed heavier then its wooden equivalent, but at the same time it did not seem to slip some from his hands thanks to the fact it wouldn't melt. After examining it, Amiel returned the staff to Fanier.

"QUite a bizzare little thing. I wonder what else the guild has stored in here?"

Amiel looked around the room, and suddenly became quite puzzled. Waylas was missing, and but Amiel's puzzled look soon dissipated as he realized where waylas must have gone.

"It looks like waylas has already started searching. We should do the same."

Amiel walked over to the edge of the tower, and began lowering himself down. Landing on top of the orrery, Amiel then used the partially collapsed connecting wall to lower himself down into the courtyard. Picking a building at random, Amiel moved through the blood and bodies before finally reaching a building labeled "My ic Arc ves." Amiel than pushed the door open, and found himself in a building lined with bookshelves and a vast array of books.
stacy hamilton

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:52 pm

OOC: could use some more people besides me and Darth Ravanger posting.

IC: Fanier followed Amiel as he climbed down the tower, but instead of following him into the building, he branched off into a different door, which had no marking. He opened the jammed door and walked inside.

Inside he immediately stepped into a pool of blood. [censored], he thought as he pulled his boot up to examine. These were my good boots. Fanier looked around, and saw that blood was everywhere, on the floor, on the walls, and even on the ceiling. Yet, as he delved deeper into the building, he could find not a single body. He could see dismembered arms, legs, and even entrails strewn about, but no bodies.

Fanier continued down a hallway, one hand on his sword as he went. He couldn't hear a sound save his own footsteps and breathing. He could feel his heart pounding as he turned a corner, and to his relief, nothing was there. Instead, he was right up to a large, hardwood door.

Fanier quietly pressed his ear up to the door. At first he heard nothing. But as he listened closer, he could make out a few sounds. He heard footsteps, slow, heavy footsteps that seemed to be without a mind. And then he hear a moan, followed by several moans. Before long, he could hear so many moans and groans that he couldn't distinguish them from one another.

Then Fanier immediately realized he had stumbled upon a corprus lair. He backed ever so slowly away from the door, intending to run back down the hall as soon as he was out of earshot. But his hopes disintegrated upon tripping over what looked like a bone. Fanier stumbled backwards, and it seemed that he had made as much noise as possible, the sound echoing down the hall.

In that very instant, two or three corprus beasts burst through the wooden door, and Fanier made a break down the hall. He looked behind him, and saw that a few of the fast ones had given chase. Fanier sped up, but nonetheless the beast slowly closed the gap between them and their prey. Fanier knew he wouldn't make it, but ran anyways.

One of the fast ones had lept upon Fanier, but Fanier already had his sword drawn. He slashed through the beast's rotten skull like butter. As soon as the body toppled to the ground, more had come to replace it. Fanier hacked through another skull, but by then about a dozen corprus beasts were racing down the hall toward him. And then something very unusual happened.

Fanier didn't think about it; his hands moved, but he had no control. Fanier's hands reached over his back, and grabbed the long staff of ice. With seemingly expert technique and precision, he wielded the staff in front of him, and without any input from Fanier, the staff unleashed its power.

Out of the staff came a swirling mist, engulfing all in front of it. The corprus beasts at first took no notice of it, but then they began to slow. As the mist grew into a large swirling torrent of wind and ice, and beasts stopped moving. They had simply... froze. Ice and frost covered the walls and ceiling. The beasts were completely encased in blocks of ice, frozen in the exact same positions in which they had been.

Fanier looked first at the beasts, and then the staff, his jaw dropped comically. Then he stepped back and admired the staff's handiwork. He let out a sigh of relief as he shouldered the staff, and made his way back outside.

"Hey guys!" he addressed the group. "Guess what just happened!"
Czar Kahchi

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:34 pm

OOC: just got time for a quickie.

IC:

Sae-Kas was making his way towards the University, running over the rooftops to avoid bumping into a corprus. As he did not have to make his way through any of the Debris on the streets, the journey only took him a few minutes. When he arrived at the front door, he stopped and thought for a few minutes about how to get in. The obvious answer was to climb, but that might startle any survivors inside if they saw him, so he settled on something far more mundane; he knocked on the door, with a quick pattern to distinguish his knock from the loud smacks of the Corprus horde.

someone better be in there to hear me
, he thought, or I'll definitely be pissed. He continued knocking, hoping he was right about hearing survivors here.
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:27 pm

OOC: The only reason I'm not being all that active is because my character isn't interested in looting, I'm mostly waiting for the story to move.

Kiel quietly followed the group as they plucked items from what used to be the Arcane University, out of his morality, he dropped the arrows and potions he picked up earlier. He did not want to go against the group, but he saw looting as something a common theif would do. Even worse, he saw it as something weak to do, and he never wanted to see himself weak.

Fanier came into the room, holding a magical staff. "What happened?" Kiel asked.
Peetay

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:51 pm

OOC: It's not really looting, it's more like gathering supplies. Pretty much everyone's dead anyways. Tell me, would you pick up useful arrows and swords from a battlefield?

IC: Fanier walked up to Kiel. "Well," he started. "It turns out that building is a pretty big corprus nest." He pointed to the building he had just emerged from. "I stumbled upon a bunch of corprus, and they naturally started to chase me down. But the interesting thing is..." He brought the staff out for Kiel to see. "Um, well, you see..." Fanier struggled to find the right words for what had happened, but he couldn't. In all truth, he really didn't know exactly what had happened. His hands had simply... moved.

Fanier decided it would be best not to embarass himself and just say something else. "And, erm, I found this weird staff. It's made out of ice. Check it out." He held it out for Kiel to take.
Anthony Rand

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Also, could use another Jerod/Aulakauss post.

As you wish, sah. And thanks, Spider.

ic: Trisha heard Xa-raku ask them their names and Radek answered, but her attention was mostly on what Radek's was on: the Argonian's leg. It was swollen in a way that worried her, mostly for fear of it being a manifestation of the disease that turned people into those.. things. The young Argonian had a feeling she'd read about this odd infliction someplace before, but couldn't quite be sure. In any case, Trisha ignored the other's question for a moment to crawl over by Radek and tend his leg.

"This.. this looks bad." She commented idly, reaching over to touch it. Her claws brushed gently against the leg, poking it a little as she inspected it and, after a moment, sighed in relief and smiled as well as an Argonian could. "It's just a bruise. You'll be fine. Here."

Grasping the injury in both hands, Trisha mentally coated her hands in magicka and rubbed them gently over the bruise. The swelling subsided and the scales returned, thankfully, to their normal coloration. "You.. should be fine now." Why am I not more scared of having two strange men in my room with me? The thought was sudden, but made her wonder. She felt like she'd changed a bit overnight. Maybe I still just don't want to believe it's real.

She turned and looked at the other Argonian now, wondering if he was wounded, but apprehensive of getting to near him in case he was a threat to her. She figured telling her name couldn't hurt, though. "I'm Trisha.. I.. know it's an odd name for an Argonian but.." She shrugged nonchalantly, avoiding mention of her parents. She hated crying in front of people and knew that was exactly what would happen if she said anything of them.
u gone see

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:49 am

Radek gave up on his futile attempts to get his leg into a comfortable position. It seemed hopeless, wherever he moved his leg, his thigh would burn, and throb. Last time I sleep on hard wood...
He stretched his leg out, but not to far, keeping it slightly bent. It seemed to be the only position where it did not hurt as bad.
He sighed in defeat, then attempted to rub his thigh. He stopped suddenly as he heard something, Radek peered upward to see Trisha kneeling beside his leg. She then commented Idly on how his bruise looked bad, then confirming herself, saying that it was only a bruise. Wow, she's very smart, why didn't we think of that? A voice in Radek's head blurted out, and in return Radek mentally scowled.

He would have retorted, but a sudden sharp pain shot through his thigh. He looked at Trisha, who was brushing her claws against his thigh, an occasional poke, she was inspecting it. Radek tried his best not to let out any sort of sound that represented pain.
Once her inspection was finished, Trisha rubbed her palms together, then began rubbing Radek's thigh. The sudden pain caused Radeks mouth to shoot open in an attempt to yell, but nothing came out. After a few seconds, he regained control over his jaw, and clamped it shut. He gritted his teeth, and began feeling somewhat hot. The feeling was, too close for comfort, and it made Radek nervous.

When Trisha finished, Radek looked down to inspect his thigh.

The bruise was gone. He felt his thigh in disbelief, then realized that Trisha had healed the bruise, the ugly deep brown and purple was replaced by his natural green scales. He suddenly felt embarrassed, he thought she was doing something completely different.
He gave himself a mental shoulder-shake to calm himself down, then looked up at Trisha, ''Thanks'' he managed to say, it almost sounding like a whisper. He sighed, then began rubbing his eyes.

Now that his small dilemma was over, something new arouse over it. Radek looked uneasily at his two Argonian roommates. He bit his bottom lip worriedly. What now?
Andrew Lang

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Xa-raku nodded at both of them. He clenched and unclenched his fists a few times, trying to loosen them up. Then he realized how stiff the rest of his body was from the hard floor, and he cracked his back once, not that it really helped. It was clear they didn't trust him yet, so he decided to make the first move rather than wait awkwardly with them for too long. "I am a traveller from Black Marsh." He told them, "I came to the city to..." He paused, not quite knowing the reason himself, "...To relax." He huffed at the irony. The monk strolled over to the window, looking out at the dried blood that was covered the streets. He shook his head, and spoke his mind, "We must leave this place. That much is certain. Where we go from there, I cannot know."
Chase McAbee

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:57 pm

''Leave?'' Radek asked, as he pulled his pant leg down. ''W-Where would we go? Those damned things are everywhere...'' He shook his head depressingly, then looked down. The Corprus were everywhere, Radek had followed and watched them for several days. Many large hordes separated and headed to different regions of Cyrodiil. And Radek had been following the one heading to Cheydinhal.
He knew he should tell the other two about it. He looked back up nervously, ''Before.....Before I came here...I...'' He paused for a moment, ''Followed those things for a while...large amounts of them separated and headed to different areas. I followed one, and...''

''No where here is going to be safe, there are to many...'' He bent his legs upward and brought his knees to his chest, ''So many...'' He whimpered, ''They-'' Radek cut himself off as he thought of an Idea. The Corprus Horde left Morrowind for Cyrodill, meaning the Dunmer Homeland would have very few Corprus. It would be safe enough to hide there. He sighed lowly, and looked at his new comrades.

''We-we....could go to Morrowind...'' He bit his bottom lip again as he thought of it. Oh gods, what am I saying?, him mentioning Morrowind caused Radek to recall what happened in Morrowind, what happened to his home, his friends. What happened to himself. He shivered slightly, as he tried to shove the memories out of his mind.
Lucky Girl

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:58 pm

OOC: might as well...

IC:Sae-Kas ceased his knocking on the door. Clearly, they either weren't answering or could not hear. Either way, he would have to use plan B. He backed up a few steps, looking up the wall of the University. He saw a window that looked like as good a place as any to try and break in.

Preparing himself, he started hyperventilating, getting more oxygen into his bloodstream so he would have more energy. The window was quite high, as well as the drop if he fell. This being the case, he didn't want to get tired halfway there and stop. Finally, after checking the stone to make sure he could grip it, he leaped onto the wall, his claws digging into the surface.

He began ascending the tower, climbing like a spider in both manner and speed. His eyesight narrowed into tunnel vision, only seeing what was important, and his hearing became far more sensitive, until the point where his own rapid heartbeat was nearly deafening. Anything below him was ignored, only what was above mattered.

Despite his speed, it still took several adrenaline filled minutes of climbing to reach the window he had chosen. When he reached the sill (if you could call the slight indention in the stone around the window a sill), he stopped to rest, as well as to survey the room beyond the thin sheet of glass. It seemed like an ordinary storage room, shelves covered with stale alchemical ingredients, chairs stacked in the corner; it seemed like a safe enough place to enter the tower.

He braced himself with the claws and strength of his legs and right arm, and brought his gloved left hand onto the glass. he concentrated briefly, focusing his magicka into his left palm. The blade concealed inside forced itself through the glass, causing it shatter with a deafening crack that rang throughout the formerly silent University. He tumbled through the ragged opening , taking care not to cut himself on the tiny glittering fragments of the window.

"Not one of my more subtle entrances," he mumbled to himself, "but it'll do."

He stood up and walked to the door, casually opening it and walking into the hallway, though the blade in his glove stayed unsheathed; if there were corprus here, then he would be prepared.

OOC:Okay everyone, wake up. *nudges other posters to continue their parts*
tiffany Royal

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 am

"Alright," Xa-raku said in an uncharacteristically decisive move, "But if things should become too dangerous, let us not be afraid to change our plans and go somewhere safer."

OOC: My posts are getting shorter and shorter D:
lucile

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Amiel slowly made his way through the collapsed bookshelves and the occasisional corpse. Picking up a book at random, he found it littered with information on botany, which seemed pretty useless at the moment. As he proceeded to drop the book, he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. One of the mages had a silver dagger on his corpse, engraved with some strange rune. It appeared to be a straight horizontal line, with two vertical lines descending from its ends. Each vertical line started off thick but thinned out to a mere point. Amiel picked up the dagger and the sheath that it was meant to be held in. Opening his leather overcoat, Amiel strapped the dagger in, taking advantage of the leather straps that were placed inside the coat itself. I guess this coat finally has a use besides being stylish! Amiel thought with some glee. Considering his current load, he realised that he probably couldn't afford to carry too much more, but a potion or some such item could be carried with ease.

amiel then decided to exit the library he found himself in, and as he did so Fanier rano ut of another building, seemingly overjoyed. As he listened to Fanier's attempts to explain the situation, he realized that he must have found the staff useful. "Found some use in that frozen toothpick Fanier?"

-------------------------------------
Not all together satisfied with his discovery, Waylas decided that he would use the staff in case something he wanted in the university was out of his reach, but he planned on abandoning it afterwards.

As he moved to leave the building, a strange shuffling sound began to echo through the halls. Then, it began to pick up its pace, the sound seemed to dart around Waylas, and as he drew his weapon to defend himself, A single smashing hit to his backside sent him flying towards the wall screaming. His screams could be heard outside in a more muffled form, but what was not evident was the nature of the entity screaming. In the mere moments after several of his teeth had been knocked out during his collision, he found himself face to face with a corpus beast, who tore at his face! Waylas gaurded his face with his hands and arms, but it was not enough, and his bloodied and mutiliated arms gave way to the onslaught. Waylas then kicked the creature, and as it stumbled back slightly he managed to roll to the side.
meg knight

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:21 am

OOC: APPROVED
Name:Lucien Girarde
Race: Breton
Apparent Age: N\A
Actual Age: 84

Skills: All scholls of magic, but especially non-violent ones. Has scribe and researching skills.
Armor/apparel: Mages robes of the Arcane University.
Unique apparel: A variety of enchanted rings, and an enchanted amulet that heals wounds.

Weapons: A plain brown wooden staff.
Equipment: A bag containing research notes, another bag containing magical items and alchemical ingredients

Physical Appearance: Short, small, and old. His head is blad but he was a long grey beard, seems very healthy and youthful for a Breton his age.
Unique Appearance: None
Mental Description: Is gentle and a pacifist. He cares deeply about everyone, and tries to only use his magic to help others.
Short Bio: Was born to two powerful Breton battlemages. Both of his parents were great war heroes, and they wanted their son to become one as well. They decided weapons training could come when Lucien was older, but for the time being they focused in on Magical training. At the age of six his parents died in battle, creating the reason for Lucien's pacifism. Lucien was taken in by the Arcane university, that raised him as a community. When he turned 18, the Mages Guild accepted him without the reccomendation process due to his parents legacy and his natural magical abilities.

Lucien took part in the studies of all kinds of magics and philosophies. He found himself less interested in Magics, and more interested in his research. At a young age he was already one of the mages guilds most brilliant minds, he researched solutions to many of society's problems, mostly cures for diseases. When he first heard of corpus and the toll it was taking on Morrowind, he aided Divayth Fyr in his research on corpus. But, due to Lucien life being busy as a healer and teacher, he had to return to Cyrodiil, and his only contact with Divayth was through letters. Now that the corpus pandemic has struck, Lucien wants to get back to Divayth's tower and pick up where Divayth left off. He is currently in hiding from the Corpus beast.

Will post IC tomorrow
Samantha Mitchell

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:50 pm

OOC: Approved by the Gump

-------------------------------

Name: Grash Gro-Brogul
Race: Orc
Apparent Age: early 40's
Actual Age: 25 (Orcs have lower life spans than most races)

Skills: Good with blunt weapons, especially one-handed maces and clubs. Is proficient in duel wielding them. Very strong and athletic. Quick for an Orc. Does not wear much or any armor in most situations. Can use basic alchemy and very basic healing spells. Proficient in blocking and parrying. Can leap from respectable heights without hurting himself and can defend himself with his hands. Very much a monk-like melee fighter.
Armor/apparel: Worn denim pants. No shoes. No shirt. Orcish Gauntlets over both hands. No other armor.
Unique apparel: wears a Jailer's Ring, which slightly fortifies his stamina and health. wears his father Brogul's Lucky ring as well, offering a small boost in luck.

Weapons: Simple wooden club with specially ordered silver spikes. Orcish Gauntlets with modified silver spikes on the knuckles. Also bites when all else fails.
Equipment: 150 gold, satchel of bread and cured ham, bottle of cyrodillic brandy

Physical Appearance: Five feet eight inches. Lean but heavily muscled as most male orcs are. Lime green skin. Hair shaven bald with one long black top knot.
Unique Appearance: Face heavily tattooed in severe tribal designs. Nose pierced in four places. Eyebrows shaven and replaced with patterns of pierced studs. Lips pierced. nipbles pierced. Ears pierced in multiple places. Tattoo of Akatosh over heart.
Mental Description: Trained as a Prison Guard, Grash is mentally disciplined as well as physically. Alert and intelligent, and good at living off the land from his experience as a Barbarian. Business like and no-nonsense but warm and friendly to those who earn his trust.
Short Bio: Grash Gro-Brogul is the son of an Orc man who gained acceptance in the Legions in Daggerfall and who later moved to the Imperial City to patrol the waterfront. When Grash came of age he trained as a Prison Guard and often was called in as muscle to control prison riots. When the Horde invaded the city and began slaughtering people, he survived by retreating into secret sewers beneath the prison, locking and barring the doors behind him.
Alisha Clarke

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:18 am

EDIT: Sorry, I messed up. Just forget about this post.
Alexx Peace

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:43 pm

OOC: Sorry short post

IC: Fanier looked around as he replaced the staff on his back. The group was here, Kiel, Dynter, the wagon - Wait, he thought. Where's Amiel?" Fanier kept looking around, making sure he just hadn't seen his companion yet.

"Hey," he asked the others. "Where'd Amiel go?"

OOC: Amiel exited the building he was in and actually said something to fanier. Last post last page I think.
Amber Hubbard

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:04 am

OOC: Amiel exited the building he was in and actually said something to fanier. Last post last page I think.

OOC: oops. :facepalm:

IC: "Yeah" Fanier said to Amiel, who had just appeared. "I guess. It must be some pretty powerful magic," he thought about how he had just instinctively used the staff. "Must have kicked in when I was in danger. I'm not really sure what happened..." Fanier tried to figure it out, but failed. "But the point is, this staff is pretty powerful. It, erm... freezes things. Whenever you really need it to. I just froze a bunch of zombies solid back in there," he pointed to the building he had just emerged from. "Without even thinking about it."

Fanier shifted on his feet, then asked Amiel: "So where were you?"
john page

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion