The Dead Horde: Part 3

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:03 pm

OOC: I know its late, but sunrise has come!

IC: Fanier couldn't see a thing in the darkness. It took all his effort just to keep the wagon on the road. He could hear the rustling of waves all around him.

We're on a bridge, he thought. I can hear the water.

In the distance, he saw the first glints of light, the sun rising behind the silhouette of white gold tower. Fanier looked around him, and now he could faintly see the bridge below the wagon, and the great gate in the distance.

He looked behind him at the others. "We're here," he said as they went across the bridge. "We're at the Imperial City."

Dynter jumped off the wagon and dashed across the bridge towards the imperial city. He stopped near the end of th bridge to realised it had been demolished. On the far side of the gap stood a barricade with imperial soldiers. "Stay back nord!" One of them shouted, he appeared to be there leader. "Drop your weapons and wait for the healer to check you. A healer levitated out from the barricade and checked Dynter for signs of Corprus. "He is clear" The healer muttered and left for the barricade

The sun was finally rising over the hilltops and covered the land in the orange light of dawn. Dynter told the gaurd he was with the caravan and waited for the others to arrive.
Devin Sluis

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:40 am

OOC: No. Sorry, but I describe the major details of the IC. You guys can do some minor details, but from now on the IC is completely abandoned (Except for one area to be reavealed later). So no more guards except these few at the gate, ok?

Fanier walked up to the guards to be check, and stuck his toungue out.

"You're clear," the healer said. "You can go in, but you won't like what you see. If I were you I would turn back right now."

Fanier looked at the healer questioningly. "Why?" he asked. "What happened in there?"

The healer pondered for a moment what he should say. "Just..." he paused for a second. "Just go see for yourself. He looked back to his subordinate. "Private," he told the soldier behind him. "Go open the gate." The soldier ran off. As the gate opened, got back on the wagon and woke Waylas.

"Waylas," he said." "Go get yourself checked by the healer and then drive the wagon inside." Fanier got off the wagon and walked throught the gate.
Riky Carrasco

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:21 pm

OOC: No. Sorry, but I describe the major details of the IC. You guy can do some minor details, but from now on the IC is completely abandoned (Except for one area to be reavealed later). So no more guards except these few at the gate, ok?

Fanier walked up to the guards to be check, and stuck his toungue out.

"You're clear," the healer said. "You can go in, but you won't like what you see. If I were you I would turn back right now."

Fanier looked at the healer questioningly. "Why?" he asked. "What happened in there?"

The healer pondered for a moment what he should say. "Just..." he paused for a second. "Just go see for yourself. He looked back to his subordinate. "Private," he told the soldier behind him. "Go open the gate." The soldier ran off. As the gate opened, got back on the wagon and woke Waylas.

"Waylas," he said." "Go get yourself checked by the healer and then drive the wagon inside." Fanier got off the wagon and walked throught the gate.

Oh, sorry. My bad.
Spencey!

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:27 pm

Oh, sorry. My bad.

It's ok.
Rob

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:59 am

"Useless trinket!" Octavius threw the amulet towards the female assassin. Catching it, she quickly tried it on, and found it to be a nice addition to her outfit.

As the wagon came to a halt, and as the first rays of light shined onto his face, Amiel began to stretch. It was morning, and Amiel's sleep had turned out to be just what he needed. Within moments though, he remembered what he had been dreaming about. That night.... Amiel shook his head, as if trying to shake away the memories. As he got out of the wagon, he realised that they had arrived at the Imperial city. The city glistened with an orange hue, and Amiel moved over to a small barricade with Waylas.

After they were both inspected by the healer, Amiel followed Fanier through the gates, while Waylas went back to get the wagon.
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:31 pm

I wonder what that guard was talking about, Fanier thought as he walked through the gates. The streets were lined with trash, papers, discarded household items were strewn about. One building down the street were completely demolished.

But there were no people.

Fanier kept looking around him, but except for his few comrades, there were no people. Fanier took a few steps forward, and could see the large statue of Akatosh in the district square was knocked down, in several pieces.

The horrible thought that the Imperial City could have been sacked came into Fanier's mind. Nah, he comforted himself. They probably evacuated a while ago. That's probably why there's junk everywhere. All the refugees leaving.

"Amiel," he called behind him. "Come and look."
Jeff Tingler

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:05 am

As Amiel entered through the gates, he saw a ransacked city. Trash littered the streets, and several buildings were damaged, with one building being destroyed. The statue in the central plaza was shattered. As Amiel walked up to Fanier, he couldn't help but comment on what he was seeing.

"The city has been ransacked!"

Amiel was stunned. How could this city have fallen? How could this bastion of the Empire fallen to the corpus horde so quickly? He found it hard to process the thought that such a city could have been taken so easily.

"Do you think... Do you think there will be anything useful in the market district or the arcane university?"

Waylas came through the gate with the wagon. He was also stunned as he saw the ruined the city.
lisa nuttall

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:39 pm

As dynter walked through the streets with Fanier and Amiel a joy came over him. He felt like a child with a million gold peices in a candy store. A tears sliding down his eye he said "A whole city to loot....I call dibs on the imperial treasury. I think we should decide how to share the loot."
alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Fanier was turned off by Dynter's comment. Still, they did need to search for supplies and survivors. "Alright." He told the group as Waylas came back with the wagon. "Let's get to the market district, then the Arcane University."

"We'll be going into buildings," he continued. "So be prepared to face some corprus. And don't..." he looked specifically at Dynter. "...keep anything to yourself. We'll share all the supplies and pile them into the wagon."
Pants

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:41 pm

Yeah right! Dynter thought. "I think we should go to the arcane university first. The magic items there might be valuab- er... i mean useful. Then we'll check out the Merket district for food and traveling supplies. I suggest we set up camp before night at the Imperial Palace, near the emperor's room.
Tai Scott

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:28 pm

OOC: All we need is one more argonian, preferrably one who hates everything, and we'll have the black marsh version of Left 4 Dead.

When Xa-raku awoke, his mouth was impossibly dry. He coughed quietly and opened his eyes. He didn't remember falling asleep, but sunlight was coming through the window. He sat up slowly. His back was a little sore from the rigid surface he had slept on, but it was better than an inclined rooftop with shingles. He was thirsty, but he didn't want to bother the others for a drink. He decided he would make a run for supplies in an hour or two. Then they would set about figuring out what to do next.
brian adkins

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:29 pm

iC: "Dynter, this is no time to be thinking about the loot you could grab. Think about it, in this trying time do you think anyone would be interesting in buying such things?" Amiel's attempt to appeal to the barbarians want of wealth may or may not work but it didn't matter anyway. Thinking for a moment, Amiel continued with his comments.

"Secondly, I believe we should set up camp in the waterfront district. The palace is a cavernous structure without windows. We'd be fools to go in there, as the corpus beasts most likely wander even the highest floors. Finally, we should go to the market district first. iF the mages were smart, they've probably moved everything usefoul out of the university, or left some sort of magickal trap."

Amiel motioned for Waylas to follow, and Amiel began moving towards the elven gardens district. The inter-district gate was open in this case, so Amiel and waylas entered the elven gardens with little problem. THis district was also in a state of ruin, though nothing struck Amiel as particularly interesting.
BlackaneseB

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:03 pm

iC: "Dynter, this is no time to be thinking about the loot you could grab. Think about it, in this trying time do you think anyone would be interesting in buying such things?" Amiel's attempt to appeal to the barbarians want of wealth may or may not work but it didn't matter anyway. Thinking for a moment, Amiel continued with his comments.

"Secondly, I believe we should set up camp in the waterfront district. The palace is a cavernous structure without windows. We'd be fools to go in there, as the corpus beasts most likely wander even the highest floors. Finally, we should go to the market district first. iF the mages were smart, they've probably moved everything usefoul out of the university, or left some sort of magickal trap."

Amiel motioned for Waylas to follow, and Amiel began moving towards the elven gardens district. The inter-district gate was open in this case, so Amiel and waylas entered the elven gardens with little problem. THis district was also in a state of ruin, though nothing struck Amiel as particularly interesting.

"Ah yes, my friend, but are catosphres not made just so that optimists like myself can make a pretty penny out of this? If i survive this crisis with all the wealth of the imperial city, then who knows what in store for me next. Money is power, my Brother used to tell me. But anyway, if you feel strongly against looting, then i won't loot." Said Dynter.

Dynter followed Amiel and Waylas through the Elven gardens. In the center of the district Dynter noticed an inn he frequented on his visits to the imperial city. "Hey," He said to Amiel. "I know that Inn, it serves fine food. We mgiht find some if we look in there."
Lizs

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:51 pm

( OOC: Ugh, this is even getting to fast for me. I have the option of being in this RP, or in 3-4 more involving RPs. )
amhain

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:49 pm

OOC: I wonder where wooly went.

IC: "I guess we could use some food that wasn't soup quality only." Amiel entered the inn. It was rather dark, save for what little light entered from the partially blocked windows. The bar was smashed, and several tables were overturned, with pools of stagnant liquor covering the floors. Amiel was fortunate to have shoes, as glass shards covered the floor, especially in the area behind the bar. Amiel unblocked the window, and as light flowed in he could see a mutiliated corpse, its flesh ripped to shreds and its bones exposed. Amiel turned away from the gruesome sight and entered the Kitchen.

As Amiel searched the Kitchen, he found it to be lacking in meat, but it had plenty of fruits, vegetables, and bread. He took what he could and put the stuff into a empty bag, presumably a bag of grain or flour. Exiting the inn, he loaded the bag onto the wagon and turned towards Dynter.

"We should have plenty of food for our stay in the city. Unless theres something else you want to get from the inn we should probably get to the market district."

OOC: I'm not sure why people don't like a fast moving rp. I remember when I was a noob in the BLood of the ancients rp. Whole days would seem to go by when I was offline.
Guy Pearce

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:18 pm

( OOC: Ugh, this is even getting to fast for me. I have the option of being in this RP, or in 3-4 more involving RPs. )

Bye. You made some good contributions. It's sad to see another RPer leave. :(

IC: "No meat eh?" Dynter asked "I hope we find some soon. It's gonig to be dull holed up in our fortress without adequate supplies. Let's continued. There should be better places to check for supplies, like that jewelery shop over there." Dynter pointed at a small shop near the end of the street. Dynter pulled a sack out of the wagon and walked up to it. Smashed the window with his fist and started loading the sack with diamond rings and jeweled Amulets.
Fluffer

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:35 am

OOC: bah. At least I'm not leaving anytime soon.
willow

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:39 pm

( OOC: Since i posted that there's already been 3 more posts! I had planned to have Primo die, leaving Fey shaken, who would have to suddenly mature and face all of his fears. I had planned on having Fimmion die, and a wise great Nord warrior be introduced, Instead the Nord will be heading over to Those Remaining, as i work on my RP idea. )
Myles

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:30 pm

OOC: I wont be leaving either, I'm just waiting on Aula to post. I'd continue, but I don't want to move to fast and not let him catch up.
ANaIs GRelot

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:25 am

As the sun rose, Durus remained awake and alert - despite the bags that had formed under his eyes from lack of sleep. The book remained open as he blankly prepared himself for what was to come, underneath his leather armour was thick padding, and every singly part of his body was protected, except his head, he didn't have a helmet. He wouldn't let them near his head at any rate.

It was a sunny day, and the air outside was humid and moist. Very flew clouds hung overhead. The front 'door' of Durus's house still had that same message engraved on the front, 'ALIVE INSIDE AND SAFE, COME TO THE BACK OF THE HOUSE AND CALL FOR ME. MY NAME IS DURUS. I AM ALIVE.', he stood in front of it and stroked his fingers along the scratches that surrounded the writing. They had tried to scratch their way into the house. He glanced left at the house he was going to visit, and thought about the past inhabitants. That man, his wife and his loving daughter; they had turned into this, bloodthirsty, stupid, soulless monsters. If there was anything left inside their empty shells, it had to be put to rest.

He walked through the destroyed entrance, the same way he had that night he found the book. The air was horrible and suffocating, it was decayed and smelling of death. There was one - maybe more inside. He wondered if it would even be the man from the book and his wife.

He went through the bottom floors like he did the first night, it was uncomfortably dark, so he lit a torch, just like he did that night. The whole scene played out like some sort of vivid retelling of then, and as he walked upstairs he could hear something, a thudding, dull, faded in one of the rooms. Like something hitting the wall. He stood silently still in the corridor, trying to identify the source of the sound. The only light source came from his torch thanks to the windows being nailed shut, he didn't know why, judging from the book, they'd been attacking quickly, without warning, it made no sense for them to be barricaded.

The sound of banging was coming from one of the rooms furthest from the stairs, and Durus had an idea. His face was devoid of emotion as he begun to tap his longsword against the wall loudly. He heard the banging stop, and he stopped too.

The zombie that came from the room across the corridor was the same one he had seen that first night. It charged at him down the corridor, half stumbling with every other step, and Durus crouched slightly, raising his sword above his head. These things were stupid, alone, bringing one down was easy.

In one strong strike he brought the sword crashing down, cutting through the zombie's decayed flesh and crashing straight through it's skull. It fell forward limp as soon as the blow struck, and Durus, with blood covering his unemotional face, removed the sword toughly, not bothering to wipe the blood clean.

He searched the other rooms upstairs and found no more trace of the zombies. Satisfied, he took the one he had killed outside and laid it on the floor beside the giant bear that still laid dead in front of the house. He went inside and got the shovel he had prepared the night before, and begun to dig a hole in front of the house. A grave for the dead.

ooc: I think that states pretty well that I'm staying ;)
Floor Punch

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:44 pm

IC: Amiel was stunned to see the nord looting a jewelry store after saying that he would not loot and pillage.

"Dynter! Can you keep your word for more than 5 minutes?" Amiel shouted, annoyed that the barbarian was so incapable of keeping his word.

"We do not need jewelry! And we certainly don't need to burden our horses by having them carry the additonal weight!"

Amiel was infuriated that the barbarian seemed so easily distracted, and wanted to instead focus on gathering weapons. Amiel walked over to the barbarian and stood in front of the store window.
Jessica Thomson

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:06 pm

IC: Amiel was stunned to see the nord looting a jewelry store after saying that he would not loot and pillage.

"Dynter! Can you keep your word for more than 5 minutes?" Amiel shouted, annoyed that the barbarian was so incapable of keeping his word.

"We do not need jewelry! And we certainly don't need to burden our horses by having them carry the additonal weight!"

Amiel was infuriated that the barbarian seemed so easily distracted, and wanted to instead focus on gathering weapons. Amiel walked over to the barbarian and stood in front of the store window.

Dyter sihed, instinct and desire for wealth had taken over him. "Ok then," Dynter said. "If it's really bugging you that much you can have some of my loot." Dynter reached into the bag and pulled out a fistful of Jewels and held them out to Amiel.
Camden Unglesbee

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:09 am

"Are you mad Dynter?" Kiel yelled, frustrated and ready to snap.

"What the hell is your problem, the last thing we need is any loot." Kiel hopped off of his horse and walked over to the hulking barbarian. He turned his head up and looked him right in the eyes.

"It would be a wise decision to put that back." Kiel said gritting his teeth, griping the hilt of his blade.
Lisa

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:31 am

Dynter glared at the fool who walked him. "No one asked for your opinion, Fool. Begone before your head mysteroiusly flys 50 feet to the right." Dynter said. Dynter wasn't going to take any [censored] from a godfearing fool like this man. "Wait," The nord said "You're not worth it. I won't want to waste time cleaning up the mess of you're body." Dynter turned back to Amiel and held out the jewels wating for Amiel to Accept the offer.
Rachel Hall

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Fanier had been quiet for some whie now, but could see that the group was getting a bit uneasy. "Hold on," he commanded. "Don't blow this out of proportion. Dynter, take a few jewels, but be reasonable. Just take what you can easily carry yourself."

Fanier looked back at Kiel and Amiel. "Calm down guys, we don't want another Calendras." Hepaused for a second. "I mean just because he's a dike doesn't mean we have to start fighting."
Laura Ellaby

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion