The Dead Horde: Part 3

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:21 pm

OOC: Tonights my last night posting for a few days probably, leaving on vacation tomorrow morning.

IC:

Kiel

Kiel didn't want to admit it, but he was kind of excited of hearing about corpus, not only did the scavenging seem a little wrong to him, but it was also boring to him. Kiel stood up straight, "You think the corpus will be any problem? Anything we need to act on?" Kiel didn't want to seem excited, but he was read for some action.

But then, and old man interjects Kiel, who didn't notice him approaching because of how quiet the old man is. "My god, survivors! And you all look like the fighting bunch too. You wouldn't mind a fifth would you? I can't fight well, but I can heal almost anything!"

OOC: short post, I just wanted to get that character in
Yung Prince

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:30 pm

IC: "You have a good instinct when it comes to spell-casting then."

Amiel paused as Fanier asked him where he was, and he responded.

"Well I managed to find the archives. Not much there, and fortunately no corpus."

Amiel looked around a bit. Apparently the corpus beasts had made their shelter here, which meant that the university's isolated nature would provide no defence. The only other place he could think of for shelter was the docks, which probably didn't have basemants considering its position. As kiel jumped up, evidently excited, Amiel decided to cool down his interest in a good fight.

"The beasts probably won't be much of a problem, so long as we're smart about searching this place."

Just as Amiel said this, an excited old man approached them, claiming to be a healer. Amiel now felt suspicous about any seemingly eccentric mages, and thus appeared somewhat reluctant to allow him in to the group.

"A healer? Welll....I suppose we could use a healer. Would you like to provide an example of your supposed skills?"

Just as Amiel said this, he heard a muffled noise.

"What was that?"
------------------------------
Waylas screamed in pain as the corpus beast returned, pouncing on his back and tearing away the small amount of flesh that gaurded his spine and rib cage. The beast tore at the ribs, seeking to pull them out and rip out the lungs. His screams intensified, and they sounded distinctly like a scream now, even outside the building.
michael danso

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Grash moved quietly through the sewers below the city, trying to find an escape route and seeing if any other survivors were down here with him. Unfortunately he hadn't found anybody else alive below the city. On the bright side, however, the Corpus beasts didn't appear to have found a way to overrun the sewers yet. He hadn't run into any of the undead yet either. "Thank Talos for that" grumbled the Jailer as he waded ankle deep through sewer water.

As he passed under a particular sewer grate, he heard what appeared to be a blood curdling scream up above. A human scream, not one of the low, lurching moans of the Blighted Walkers. "Well I'll be...someone's still alive in this blasted city besides me? And he's in pain? I can't just hide here in the shadows while somebody is suffering."

He shimmied up the ladder in an athletic manner and burst open into somebody's basemant lavatory. He heard the screams intensify as he sprinted up into the building proper. He was confronted with the sight of Waylas being brutalized by the Corpus beast, the skin over his ribs already missing.

The Orc became infuriated at seeing an innocent person abused so, and flew into a Berserker rage. His normally brown eyes began to glow with an evil red hue, his fangs grew half an inch, but the most noticeable change was in his musculature. As his vessels filled with magical blood, all the muscles in his body swelled to become larger than normal. The Orc charged in at full speed, grasping his spiked club, and surprised the monster from behind, cracking at its skull with his blunt weapon. The beast turned off his victim and tried to counter attack with a clumsy forearm, but Grash threw up his left gauntlet, deflecting the blow, and slashed the creature across the face with his knuckle spikes, blinding it. He howled with rage and kicked it to the ground, bashing its head in again and again with wild abandon until nothing was left but pulp. The silver spikes of his weapon had ensured each blow was properly damaging. The undead beast did not move.

It lie still. He rushed over and knelt over the bleeding, injured Waylas. "Friend, are you still alive? Can you hear me?" He noticed the blood loss and the loss of skin and grimaced as his berserker rage wore off. It did not look good at all. He thought he could hear the rapidly approaching footsteps of other people...or Corpus beasts. He looked up towards the sound.
Emmanuel Morales

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Ic: Amiel heard a distinct scream and charged into the building of origin. As he forced opened the door he was horrified to see Waylas mutiliated on the ground. An Orc was standing next to Waylas, attempting to make contact with him. Waylas was unfortunately unresponsive to the orc's pleas. Amiel moved over to Waylas, his eyes darting across his broken form.

"what...who...?" Amiel was at a loss for words. However, he was not at a loss when it came to what action he needed to take, and he charged out of the building.

"Mage! COME HERE NOW! WE NEED YOUR HELP!" The desperation in Amiel's voice was clearly evident as he grabbed the mage by the wrist and dragged him into the building. Amiel looked over the broken body of his friend, and he felt like screaming. He wasn't going to lose another friend, and this mage had to heal Waylas.
OOC:sry for the short post.
Saul C

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:30 pm

OOC: Back from vacation!

IC: Lucien was startled by the screams of the man being jumped by the corpus beast, before he knew it a raging Orc had beaten down the beast and Amiel rushed over to him with great urgency. Lucien's healing was needed. Lucien, at this point was confident in his magical abilities so he remained relatively calm. "Oh my! It's been a little while since I've done something this drastic!"

Lucien walked over to the battered body of the man who was beaten down by the corpus, the wounds were severe all over his body, and he was near death. Lucien rubbed his hands together to warm the up then concentrated his thoughts to his healing magic. After only a few seconds, Lucien's hands began to glow a bright blue emulating an aura of healing. His ran his hands over the man's body, the wounds dissapeared under Lucien's hands. In less than in a minute, no wounds were visible on Wayla's body. Lucien smiled seeing the man was better.

"Exterior's all fixed up, now for those pesky internal wounds." Lucien said lightly, still calm. He then firmly planted both hands on Waylas's chest, right over his heart. His heart began to glow blue and could be seen. As his heart pumped, so did the glow. Soon all of the veins in his body were glowing blue. Lucien removed his hand from Waylas's chest. His heart stopped glowing, and just as the glow spread through his veins, the glow left his body.

Lucien smiled at the man warmly. "All better now!"

-----------------------------------

During this process of healing, Kiel walked over to the Orc that had killed the corpus. "That was quite some brawling you did there." In Kiel's eyes, the Orc was the real hero. "I think I speak for the rest of the group when I say we could definitely use another good pair of fighting hands!" Kiel heartily patted the Orc on the back." Kiel trusted the Orc more than the healer, Kiel just had a poor diposition twoards socerery. On the other hand, a brave warrior was someone to put faith into. "The names Kiel." Kiel offered a hand to the Orc who seemed to be cooling down from a berserker rage.
Latino HeaT

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:42 pm

Grash's blood haze lifted from his eyes. His muscles shrank and he caught his bearings. He saw Kiel extend his hand, and holstered his weapon, shaking it in a rough but gentle handshake, not wanting to hurt the smaller being. "Grash Gro-Brogul. I worked as a jailer here in Imperial City...before the damned outbreak. These things are everywhere. About thirty of them took the prison all at once. I did what I could to save the prisoners and the other guards. Too many of 'em though. I wasn't about to throw my life away. I can do more good alive than dead. Are you guys the only survivors? Are there more? I've been living in the sewers for a while now."

He was glad to see the man he'd saved had fully recovered. He regarded the Healer. "Thank you for saving his life. I can kill things but my healing powers are a bit lacking."
chinadoll

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:21 am

Fanier was a bit helpless throughout the entire event. He couldn't do anything to help Waylas, and he knew it. He hated being put into situations where he was powerless. He had at best a marginal knowledge of restoration magic; he could only heal the most minor of welts and bruises. What he saw before him was a man who looked more like a corpse than a living, breathing being.

When the healer came along, Fanier couldn't hold a huge sigh of relief. The Breton seemed to work miracles; Simply by running his hands along Waylas's body, the wounds were sealed up. Fanier had no idea restoration magic could be carried out to such an extent.

Fanier to introduce himself to the healer; the orc could wait until later. He walked up to the Breton, his hand out to shake. "Nice job there, with Waylas," He gestured toward the previously mutilated man. "I'm Fanier."
Daniel Lozano

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:07 am

Amiel watched in quiet amazement as his mutiliated comrade was healed before his eyes. As he turned to thank the healer, Amiel couldn't help but remember the treachery of Calendras, and only gave the man a hearty handshake as he said " THank You! I don't thinks there's too many people that could have helped him." He then turned to the Orc, and issued a thank you and handshake. He then moved towards Waylas as the man opened his eyes after his ordeal.

"Hey buddy, how do you feel?" Amiel asked with noticeable concern, but also with a sense of relief that his friend was ok.

"I...such agony..." Waylas was obviously traumatized by the event, his voice cold and emotionless. He simply laid on the floor, looking at the ceiling, thinking about the nature of death.

"Waylas, are you O.K?"

Waylas simply laid there, staring at the ceiling. Amiel stood up, realizing that his comrade was, for the moment, too traumatized to speak. He then turned his attention to the healer and the orc, and asked them a simple question.

"Both of you, what you did was extradordinary. My name is Amiel, and I think the group would agree with me that we could really use you two in surviving this hell. Would you be interested in joining us?"
Sanctum

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:17 pm

"Both of you, what you did was extraordinary. My name is Amiel, and I think the group would agree with me that we could really use you two in surviving this hell. Would you be interested in joining us?"

Grash looked over at the healer, and back to Amiel. "For my part, I'm in. In my opinion we stand a much better chance of survival by sticking together."

He awaited the reply of the Healer. "We could use a good Healer." thought Grash "I'm pretty sure whatever this Corpus stuff is, it's related to disease of some form. A Healer is just what we need."
Stacey Mason

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:12 pm

Kiel could tell Garash was trying to be somewhat gentle with the handshake, being underestimated did not anger Kiel anymore, it only amused him. Just as Kiel could have predicted, Garash had plenty of questions to ask, they all were heavy questins that anyone would have. Kiel sighed Grash's inquistions, the answers to them still saddened Kiel too. "From what we've found, the whole Imperial City is empty, we haven't found anyone outside of you and that healer. So all we know that is alive is us five and now you two... I can only hope and pray that there are more." Kiel steppewd back a little bit, and let Garash absorb what Kiel had told him.

Lucien was surrounded by praise: he could tell the group was accepting of him now. "Well of course I'll join you all; I'll need all of you just as much as all of you will need me in these times." Lucien said sincerely. Lucien was about to continue on and give the group his proposition on what he wanted to do next, but he stopped himself and decided the group needed recovery time. "I think after that the best thing is to rest for a little bit, especially your friend Wayla's. Although he is healed, he is in a state of being mentally sensitive, and physically fragile. Rest is the best thing for him." Lucien himself sat upon a crate and entered a mild meditation.
Dezzeh

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:28 pm

Grash considered the possibility that this small group were the only survivors, and held his chin in a thoughtful pose for some moments. "As Waylas said, we should rest. Probably be a good idea to board this place up, even in the basemant. No Corpus beasts were down there but outlaws and Vampires hang around down there sometimes."

He sat on a chair and thought for a moment. "And by the way, I have keys to all the major doors in the sewers, and to the Imperial Prison, although it's over run. My point is that I can lead you anywhere in the city from the underneath, pretty safely, assuming I'm correct and there are no Corpus beasts down there."
lillian luna

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:25 am

Lucien interjected Grash's proposal, he didn't want to seem like a jerk but Lucien had studied corpus for a long time, he knew their mannerisms. "Actually, it's best to stay in area's that are well sunlight during the day and to travel through those places at night. At all cost we need to avoid areas that are open spaces, are usually damp, and of course are dark all day long. Copus are weak to sun rays, but because sun rays can kill them they also hate anyother source of light because they're instincts lead them to believe it's the sun. When they find ideal places, they build what me and Divayth called 'hives'. Normally hives can consist of anywhere between on hundred and one thousand corpus, but they can and do build larger ones." After Lucien said that he realized he was going into a whole educational lecture about corpus beast. "Sorry about that, it's just good to know about what your fighting, just ask any question and I'll do my best to answer, okay?"
Queen

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:44 am

Grash considered this, and nodded. "Alright. It makes sense, I suppose. I mean as a Barbarian, I learned to always know my enemy, how to attack any given beast to my best advantage. After our rest I'm probably going to need some better equipment - good pair of maces, maybe a chainmail vest, or Mithril if I can get ahold of something like that. Certainly nothing heavier, but I'm gonna need somethin' besides this old club if I'm gonna be fighting lots of these deformed beasties. And I ain't in a hurry to get scratched and turn into one of the damn things either, even if we Orsimer do have a natural resistance to magically transmitted curses."

Grash thought for a moment, then said "Please do tell me more about the Corpus or whatever it's called, while we're waitin' here. All I know is it seems to be some kinda magically transmitted disease. Maybe not that different from Vampirism. I dunno. Just seems deadly wicked to me. All I know is I barely got away from the things the first time I ever saw 'em."
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Amiel listened to the conversation, and the suggestion that they should board up this place, and decided to chime in.

"Actually, I think we should try to reach the docks if we have enough sunlight. These things probably can't swim all to well, the sewer system doesn't extend to the docks, and not all of the buildings have basemants. That should at least decrease the number of corpus that move on that area tonight."

He then listened to the conversation on corpus beasts, and informed Grash of what he knew.

"Well Grash, I may not be an expert on the beasts, but I can tell you that at least three types of corpus exist: Slow lumbering ones, fast ones, and mages. The mages seem to have a controlling influence over the other beasts, judging from the corpus congregation we saw in cheydinhal." Amiel paused for a moment, to wait for a response, but then realised he could contribute something further.

"Also Grash, we have some weapons and armor in our wagon. IF you'd like to switch out your equipment nows the time to do it."
sally coker

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:13 pm

"Also Grash, we have some weapons and armor in our wagon. IF you'd like to switch out your equipment nows the time to do it."

He nodded eagerly. "Let's go to your wagon and see what we have. I have a pretty good idea what I need. Basic stuff really. Common stuff, but effective enough. Need a mace...need two if you got 'em. Silver preferably. Need a chainmail vest. Would really love a mithril vest but I'll take a chainmail vest if ya got it. Good pair 'o leather pants and boots would come in handy too. If you got 'em that is. I can improvise otherwise. I can use most blunt weapons n' light armor easy as ya please. Been trainin' in the stuff for years."
Olga Xx

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Fanier sat on a fallen pillar as he listened to the others talk of corprus. He thoughtfully began playing around with the amulet hanging from his neck. He really thought he should contribute something to the conversation; no one save Dyvaith Fyr knew more about corprus than he did. He didn't like to think about it anymore, but he had studied it, its effects, how it spreads, and anything else there was to know about coprus. He also knew that what he had seen the last few days, the corprus mage at Cheydinhal and how it had spoken, the faster, more agile beasts, and their huge horde-like gathering, were not normal corprus behavior. And he knew it was all somehow tied to the beast he had seen at the top of the hill, and that mysterious green glow.

But something kept him from sharing this with the rest of the group; he couldn't quite put a finger on it, but he felt a strange... uncertainty in his thoughts. So he sat there, playing with his amulet, until Amiel said something about going to the waterfront. "I agree." he spoke to Amiel. He looked up at the sun, and determined that they had a good two hours of sunlight left. "The waterfront sounds like a good place to hold up for the night. But he should hurry; we don't want to get caught outside when the sun goes down."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Castle Cheydinhal, Count's Quarters

He was pleased with the way things were going, very pleased indeed. He sat in a dimly lit room, at a worn mahogany desk. A map was layed out across its dusty wooden surface. He rather enjoyed this new form; the huge boost in strength and speed more than made up for his inherent ugliness. In due time, he wouldn't be seen as ugly anymore. He would be considered beautiful, and the rest of the world would be crafted in his own image, just as strong and fast and smart as he was.

These beasts, the mindless animals that swarmed around killing all in their path, were just an ugly tool to be used for his purpose; a great evil for a greater good. The current denizens of this world feared and hated what he was doing, and they had every right to do so: he was completely intent on killing off the inferior beings that inhabited Nirn before he came around. What he planned for was greater than them, the next stage of human development. And soon he would no longer be feared and hated; no, he would be loved. He would be loved and exalted greater than any before him. Greater than the daedra that inhabited Oblivion, greater than the pagan Tribunal of Morrowind, greater than the Nine themselves.

Yet among all his happy thoughts of the future, one thing troubled him. This one thing seemed insignificant; it supposedly could be simply crushed or killed. But he had seen the hatred in those eyes, the amber eyes of that elf he had seen on the hilltop. And that hatred could be his undoing. The Imperial City, he thought. He's in the Imperial City. That is where we shall go.
Oceavision

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Name: Francois Gautier, Lord of Aleine, Also holds the official title of Knight.

Race: Breton

Birthsign: The Warrior

Physical Description: At five foot ten inches, Francois had never had much of an imposing figure. Metabolism and other factors such as military training and a fairly active life, have blessed him with fitness and athleticism, although he is not overly toned. With dark brown hair, deep blue eyes, a typical Breton skin tone, and an unmarked face, Francois is a decent looking man; neither handsome nor repulsive, just above average. Aside from a few minor scars mainly from minor injuries on his legs sustained as a child, he has no distinguishing marks to speak of, likely due to being raised in a pampered environment. As a representative of his family, and his people, he is always clean shaven if possible and wears his medium length hair in a tidy fashion typical of nobility.

History: To understand Lord Francois Gautier, one must first understand how he came to power. His Father, Maurice Gautier, was a very wealthy landowner, his possessions including many acres of land, a large town, several villages, and a sizeable number of troops. Likewise, his uncle, Bernard Gautier, owned several businesses, and also, a sizeable piece of land and his own band of troops. But what does this matter to the story of Lord Francois Gautier? Well, that question is answered by the fate of Maurice and Bernard, a smith's stone ceiling collapsing on top of them, crushing and killing them instantly. Francois inherited these combined holdings, and soon, the title of Lord. For a time Lord was merely a symbolic title, a term of respect more so than any indication of any real power, but Francois aimed to change that. Immediately, messengers were sent out, troops were readied and militia levied. Over the span of a few years, through various purchases and military conquests, Francois acquired many Rural lands near Wayrest, and rural holdings down the shoreline of the Bjoulsae River. The Corprus raged across his lands, spreading quickly in the cities and villages, and quickly claiming even a large portion of his knights, most of the rest slain by their converted comrades. Since, he has searched Wayrest, and upon finding no survivors there, turned back and headed for the Imperial Province in hopes to find survivors in the capital.

Weapons: A straight double edged steel sword with a blue handle, and silver crossguard and pommel. Usually sheathed at his left side.

Armor/Apparel: Francois typically wore a light chainmail and padded armor, covered by a large grey fur cloak. At the beginning of the outbreak however, he donned a heavier mail and a shield from the Knights of Aleine armoury, grasping a masked knight's helmet as Corprus began to flood the building. Since beginning his journey, his fur cloak has become slightly ragged.

Misc. Items: Wears several rings made of various precious metals, some inlaid with gems, and a golden necklace inlaid with a finely cut ruby. All tarnished by harsh travelling.

Companions:

Knight Gaston Moreau- A high ranking knight of the Knights of Aleine, he assists Francois in the commanding of the Lord's personal army and elite bodyguards. Also serves as a bodyguard and stays by his Lord's side at all times. Garbed in the typical white mantle bearing the http://www.stjoan-center.com/time_line/crest.jpg overtop a full suit of mail. Carries a large blue kiteshield, also bearing the crest, constructed from steel, and wields a sword similar to Francois'. One of the few knights to survive the Corprus onslaught, and now slightly ragged from travelling.

Knight Jean Fournier- Overseer of the guard of Aleine, and bodyguard to Francois. Owns several of the farms near Aleine as a reward for his service during the land skirmishes. Wearing the same armor as Gaston, he has also travelled with Francois, hoping to find survivors in the Imperial Province.

General Ghalib- Lhotunic mercenary from Hammerfell, established a small barracks in Aleine after Francois hired him to assist in his conquest of nearby lands. Apparently Ghalib took a liking to the large town and decided to stay, his forces becoming a semi-permanent high paid auxiliary force. Garbed in desert robes, and fights in a padded bamboo-weave cuirass, with padded armor underneath his robes. Doesn't fight with shields often, but when he does he prefers a wooden shield covered with leather, and reinforced with small bands of steel. Wields a fine crafted http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31QXF97PKQL._AA280_.jpg and a recently acquired http://www.armart.antiquanova.com/images/sb2_full.jpg As the group passed through Hammerfell, he insisted that they make a quick search for survivors along the way. In doing so, they discovered a young Desert nomad named Talib.

Talib Orhan- A desert nomad of Twenty Nine years of age, tribal tattoos running down his left arm. Joined the group when they discovered him searching a village for supplies. Tends to stick to Ghalib a bit more, and although he was already a strong warrior upon meeting them, the three knights have made attempts to teach him their ways. Talib has resisted these attempts consistently, preferring his much more agile style. Wears desert robes, and sometimes a cuirass similar to Ghalib's. Preferring no shield, he is skilled at parrying blows, and wields a http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31QXF97PKQL._AA280_.jpg which rests on his back in a smooth leather scabbard, and a http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu146/W00tz/yokublades_166.jpg hanging across his back, forming an X with his Scimitar, and resting in a rough sling made from the hide of a mantya-khourana.

Mount(s):
Gilad, Talib's Camel: A large loyal beast, they have been together since the day Gilad was born, and Talib was Three summers old. Strong pack animal and capable of traveling long distance, harsh terrain, and sustaining speeds faster than other camels. Carries Talib's extra supplies.

Albert, Francois' Horse: A fine Breton horse given to him by his father, suited to travelling and being ridden for extended amounts of time.

Jadier, Pack horse: Large Breton pack horse, discovered in an abandoned stable.

Bukra, Ghalib's Horse: A hardy and fast Arabian horse, the fasted horse of any of the group.

Bayard, Gaston's horse: The finest horse a knight could ask for. Gaston has ridden him for many years.

Haines, Jean's horse: Also another prize from Francois for his services. Nearly as fast as Ghalib's Arabian.

The group has also attained two horses and a wagon from the farms near Aleine, loading it with as many useful possessions as they could muster. Weapons, food, armor, a few small tents, and horse feed being the priorities.

Imperial Bridge

High Rock was far, far away, as was Hammerfell. Today, the group's thoughts drifted to thoughts of home, that is, home before the corprus. Francois Gautier, the beautiful town of Aleine, the markets, gardens, thick, immaculate walls, the wealthy districts magnificent architecture, the astonishing city center, adorned with fountains, statues, beautiful landscaping.. The Knights of Aleine's Stronghold, a large array of buildings, often with stain glass windows.. His own Manor even, all overrun by dimwitted beasts that could not even appreciate any of it. Friends and family, either dead or left with mutilated bodies and empty minds. Tens of thousands of people, in his Lordship alone, gone.

The only survivors of Aleine- Lord Francois Gautier, Knight Gaston Moreau, Knight Jean Fournier, General Ghalib, and the desert nomad, Talib Orhan, -had travelled through Hammerfell, crossing the mountains into Cyrodiil, rode through county Chorrol and the Great Forest, and were now crossing the bridge from Weye to the Imperial City. After passing through various cities in Hammerfell they made the decision to avoid Chorrol entirely, lest more people lose their lives.

Despite the circumstances, and the coming winter, it was a fairly nice day. Sun shone on their backs as the horses trotted down the cobblestone bridge, Jean and Talib riding behind the wagon, Gaston riding beside the horses pulling it, guiding them along, and Ghalib and Francois at the front.

All men present had hopes that the city would bear more survivors than they had found so far, and that they could find a house they could bar off and successfully hold for the night. With no archers or mages present, their best hope was a building that could be secured so that no amount of pounding would breach its walls.

With each to their own thoughts, not a soul realised the progress they were making, and soon the walls loomed above them. Instantly, one saw smoke rising above the walls, filth and a few corpses lay outside the gates.
The inside was no improvement.
Bodies strewn across the street, limbs and pools of dried blood everywhere, doors smashed in, fires and smoldering ruins all around. None of them had ever been to the Imperial City, and this was quite a negative first impression of the supposedly grand city.

Everyone seemed to have a rather grim expression on their faces, knowing fairly well that few residents of the city could have survived.

Talib muttered matter-of-factly, " Nice city. "
Dagan Wilkin

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:46 pm

"Alright grash, I'll take you to the wagon." Amiel lead Grash out of the building. The first problem was getting into the front courtyard, but now that they were on the other side, Amiel managed to pry open one of the gates and get himself to the other side, at which point he moved towards the wagon and stopped next to it.

"Well this is what we got, I don't know about any maces, but we should have chainmail."

Soon after Amiel left, Waylas picked himself up and sauntered out of the building, and took the position as driver of the wagon. Amiel looked at the sun, which was now beginning to set, and he was reminded of one of the most trying moments in his life. The day he survived a massive betrayal, the day he crawled through the mud to avoid arrow-fire while his men were being killed. If the sun rose to conclude those events, will it's setting bring about some new hardship? Amiel entertained several idle thoughts for a few moments, before returning to the subject at hand, which was outfitting Grash.
Stephanie Nieves

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Grash sifted through the assortment of armors and weapons laid out before him, searching for something suitable and which would fit comfortably on his physique. "Hmmm... too small. Too large. AH..just right."

He lifted up a dusty chainmail shirt and brushed it off a bit. It was just ever so slightly battle worn but seemed to be in pretty decent condition. He slipped it over his bare upper torso comfortably, like a man who was used to suiting up for battle. He then spotted some rough leather breeches and a pair of boots. He walked around behind the wagon out of sight and changed out, abandoning his old worn out pants. "And now for a weapon."

He scratched his chin, looking over the assortment before him. He picked up a small short sword, considered it a moment,and laid it down again. "Can use blades, but not my style." He picked up a small silvered war axe and also turned it around in his hands. He gripped the handle, swinging it around a time or two. "Better, but I prefer somethin' heavy n' blunt that I can just brain the piss outta something or somebody with, ya know?"

He turned back another part of the tarp and something caught his eye. He smiled. "A big steel warhammer. Well I'll be dogged. Prefer maces actually, but this here will suit me more than fine in the short term." He picked it up, feeling its weight in his hands. Light enough to carry, and heavy enough to crack a skull wide open. Just how he liked them. "Just one problem o'course. Ain't enchanted from the looks of it. Ain't made of silver either. I'm right particular about my silver, you know? Been caught with my pants down a time or two around undead and other baddies that ya can't hurt with this steel stuff. Think I got a solution though. All Orc people have a natural ability to smith, even if it's just a little. I spent a little time at the forges as a boy. Been years but I think I can melt down these silver spikes on my old mace and put a coatin' around the head of the hammer. Won't take more than ten or fifteen minutes if you don't mind?" He eyed Amiel hopefully.
Nancy RIP

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Amiel watched the spectacle of the Orc finding and equipping various weapons and armor, nodding his head at some of Grash's sentences. When Grash asked him if he could modify that warhammer, Amiel considered his statements and decided to let him do it.

"Sure, go ahead. But be quick about it, we probably don't have more then an hour fifty-five minutes at this rate."

Amiel left Grash to his own devices while he took a carrot from the wagon. He then walked over to the horse, and presenting the carrot, allowed the horse a small snack. After patting the horse on the back, he got on the wagon to wait until they were ready to get moving.
benjamin corsini

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Grash nodded "I'll be back before too long. I can take care of myself in the mean time."

He crept back through the board which had been moved on the fence, and crouched into a stealth position, moving surprisingly quietly for a fully grown Orc, but then he was a lightly armored barbarian who was at home in the wilds, so it should have come as no great surprise to anyone.

Walking slowly out of the alleyway and into the street, he looked left and right. The coast was clear. He carried his hammer and his club back into the building in which he had saved the man from certain doom earlier, and locked the door carefully behind him. He had seen an anvil and fireplace in the basemant, with a few tongs and basic repair hammers. It would have to do. He prepared some wood and found a box of matches on the mantlepiece, and soon he had a roaring fire going. He carefully removed the silver spikes from his old worn out club and dropped them into a smelting spoon lying near the fireplace, holding them in the white hot flame until they were melted into a red molten metal. He quickly brought the liquid silver over to the work table and poured it into a larger ceramic bowl, then dipped the head of the steel hammer into it, coating it entirely. It was quickly cooling in the air so he grabbed the repair hammer while holding the haft steady with some tongs, and he pounded at the malleable silver, flattening it into a nice even sheen around the edges of warhammer. He wiped some of the ugly bumps away with a doeskin rag, making it nice and smooth, and before it completely cooled he grabbed a carving knife from the work table, inscribing Orcish runes into the head, along with his personal signature written in Cyrodill Standard.

He studied his newly silvered weapon. It didn't look all that professional, but it would do. He strapped it to his back, and threw his old club into the dying fire, watching it burn thoughtfully for another five minutes or so. He closed his eyes and meditated on the events leading up to today. His childhood. Training as a barbarian... following his father, the Legionnaire, to different provinces growing up. Learning to hunt various creatures of the world, and to fight. He'd even picked up a little in the way of alchemy and restoration during his travels, but he was no healer by any stretch. He opened his eyes. The fire was out. He'd only been here fifteen or twenty minutes. He figured he had plenty of time left. He quietly exited the house, opening the door slowly, looking left and right. He thought he may have seen some movement in the shadows, way off across the district, but he wasn't sure. He made quickly for the wagon again in either event.

"It's done. Should serve me well. Good hammer. I think I saw somethin' moving in the courtyard, but I'm not sure. What's the plan?"

ooc: I know he was gone for about twenty minutes, so you can either acknowledge his presence again right away or a few posts from now depending on how you wanna account for his absence, if at all.
Rebecca Dosch

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:53 am

Brushing off the current state of the city, Francois took control of the situation.

" Jean, let the horses graze in the courtyard. Talib, help him, and then begin searching the smaller houses. "

As the Five men dismounted, the the knight and the young nomad took their horses reins, leading them towards the grass.

Running low on supplies, they wandered into the center of the district, noticing a sign that said ' The Tiber Septim Hotel '. The smell of corpses emanated from within, the sounds of several swords being swiftly unsheathed followed by the creaking of a heavy wooden door could be heard over the silence of the district, the only other sound being the breathing of the horses. The room they stepped into seemed as if someone had boarded it up, in an attempt to keep the corprus at bay. It was strange that the door was closed, with most of the others smashed to pieces. Perhaps someone survived? A ray of hope found its way into Gaston's mind. From their experience thr corprus hated the light, and the only light into the building came from the now opened doorway. Francois and his knight companion set to gathering supplies from the bar. The former Lord had learned long ago that his status mattered for nothing in this new, diseased world. All that matters now is survival. All had abandoned their official titles, keeping only those merited by skill.

Ghalib however, instead of searching for supplies, kneeled, bent over the body of a young Imperial woman, clothed in an expensive looking outfit. Instead of claw marks and half eaten dismembered bodies, or fallen infected corpses, each body seemed to be untouched. Upon closer inspection however, the woman he assumed to be the proprieter from the Inn's key in her pocket, had bite marks on her neck. So did the other bodies.

" Vampires... " Ghalib muttered, eyes darting around the room, readying his scimitar.

These bodies were probably drained days ago, and no vampire would be stupid enough to feed on infected. They must be getting hungry. Suddenly, a noise came from upstairs, as the Redguard looked up to see a pair of bright red eyes disappear behind a wall. He highly doubted it was a Dunmer.

Swiftly stepping softly towards the two Bretons, he spoke in a slightly hushed tone as he tapped Francois on the shoulder. " Lord, Vampires. "

Hating to be called Lord anymore, he turned to reprimand the former General when the realisation of what he had said soaked in. Before anyone could speak, the sound of several feet pattering across the floor reached them from up the stairs. Swords at the ready, the group stepped carefully up the stairs. A rat frantically ran across the hallway, startling the group.

" Thank the gods, I though it was a vamp.... "

Before Gaston could finish his sentence, a door creaked open down the hallway. Creeping towards it, each said a silent prayer, putting faith in whichever pantheon they followed to protect them from whatever lay ahead.
Nearly three feet from the door, several dark figures emerged. Fangs glinting, despite the lighting, or lack thereof, stood a pack of vampires.

Hissing, one Ghalib, the Redguard ducked the inhuman leap, swirling around to face his foe. Swinging his steel scimitar, the blade whistling through the air, it connected with flesh, cutting deep into the nightstalkers neck. Gripping the dying creature by the hair, he acknowledged for the first time that it was an Altmer, and hacked several times at its neck, decapitating it and throwing the head down the hallway, towards the remaining bloodsvckers.

" I hate Altmer. "

Despite the situation, Gaston could not help but let out a slight chuckle. Simultaneously, after being hit in the briast with a bloody head, the two vampires turned on their heels, picking up speed and leaping through the glass window at the end of the hall. Although the two knights could not give chase, instead rushing down the stairs and into the streets, Ghalib pursued them, leaping through the window and bracing against the wall to slow himself.
The alley was surrounded by buildings, so the evening light could not pierce into its shadows. Connected to the alleyway, was the courtyard Jean had taken the horses to. A scream pierced the air, bird perched upon the roofs scattered. Clearing the alley, he rushed into yard, one vampire was dead, slashed through the stomach by the knights blade, but the other was upon him, draining him.

At the same time, Francois and Gaston entered as well, Gaston quickly kicking the vampire, sending him to the wall and stepping forward, raising his sword in the air. A swift blow cleaved open its chest, shattering the bone there. Standing back, each silently mourned the loss of the knight, Francois rushing forward and gripping his body in his arms.

Soon, they pushed their sorrows aside, as Talib returned and they told him the news. Talib had not known Jean as long as the others, but he had saved him from corprus in the last city they had visited.

They quickly took all valuables and useful items from his body, both for future use and to remember him by. In a short while they had dug a shallow grave for the fallen Knight, covering it with loose stone, etching a reminder of his life into the stone wall above his grave, as a makeshift tombstone.

In short order they took whatever supplies they needed and set out for the Temple District.
Cheryl Rice

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Lucien was so deep into his notes, he didn't notice Grash's return. He had his notes spread out on a large table but damaged table. He needed to figure out two things; the cause of the corpus outbreak and the cure of the corpus outbreak. Whatever the cause was, it is still going strong. He had never seen behaivors of organization on this level out of the corpus beast; even with the presence of the magic corpus. Also what even happened to Divayth? This had to be found out aswell. Finally the big one: the cure for corpus. In one of Divayth's letters, he discussed about how he came close to finding the cure for corpus, but it only worked on one person; the Nerervarine. Lucien wrote back with a crucial ingredient that Divayth missed, but he got no letter in reply, then the Outbreak happened. Lucien still has the ingredient needed, but Divayth's formula is long lost. Fortunately, Lucien knows where Divayth keeps his formula and failed cures. So, Lucien concluded that there is only one way to solve all of these problems, go to Tel Fyr.

Lucien picked up his notes and looked up and he realized the Orc had returned. He spoke of movements in the shadows. "These are stressful times Orc, if it wasn't your imagination, it was nothing to worry about." Lucien looked at him square in the face, he was going to move on, but he decided that it was important to hear what the rest of the group thought.
Rebekah Rebekah Nicole

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Amiel was impressed by the newly silvered warhammer the orc carried, so much so that he had forgotten any complaint on the matter of time. When he mentioned movements in the shaodws, Amiel found himself at odds with lucien's conlcusion.

"Thanks for telling us. The Corpus shouldn't be out yet, but theres no telling what might have taken shelter in this city. I've heard rumors of bandits and goblins in the sewers and caves that run beneath the city and island."

"Alright, WE'RE MOVING OUT! DYNTER, FANIER, GETO OVER HERE!" he then turned to Waylas and said: "Drive us to the waterfront Waylas, but avoid the tunnel if you can."

Amiel figured that the tunnel between the temple district and the waterfront was probably filled with corpus, and he wasn't going to take any chances.
Damian Parsons

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:55 pm

The orc sat cross legged next to Amiel, who was his favorite of this group of adventurers he'd stumbled upon so far. "Well, it may well have been my imagination afterall, as Lucien said. Or it may have been real. There's a lotta vampires alive in those sewers. I had to sleep with one eye open down there for a couple weeks. Luckily I knew some hidden areas which could be locked, and were relatively well hidden. I swear I could hear 'em moving around at night though. And the rumor is the ones around here can walk around in the sunlight if they're well fed."

He paused a second and looked the Imperial man over. "So what's your story, friend? How did you get into this situation? I've told you a bit of what I've been up to for the past little while but I know next to nothing of you."
QuinDINGDONGcey

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion