The Enclave: 2 questions I wanted to ask the community.

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:28 am

Just leave it dude, this is boring as [censored].

Dominic Vaughan

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:34 pm

No but we know the US government and state is utterly destroyed through many events.

So China is the only one left standing. So they won the great war
Mark

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Agreed. The argument isn't "China won America lost" or "America won china lost." No one "Won" the Great War. Everyone was destroyed. If there was any "victory" to be had by any side in the conflict. It was an extreme pyrrhic victory.

Matt Gammond

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:48 pm

Yes it was a very very very expensive victory for China. But they still won
Juan Cerda

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAxARJyaTEA

Jay Baby

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:51 pm

[Citation needed]

Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:19 am

I believe Tim Cain also mentioned, in an interview, that he strongly "hinted" at the FEV research being leaked which caused China to panic and pull the nuke trigger. As if the Power Armor wasn't bad enough, the thought of super soldiers wearing it definitely made them punish their briefs.

Nitol Ahmed

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:14 am

The way your mind works must be quite the enigma.

Talitha Kukk

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:19 am

War does not determine who is right, only who is left. When I was talking about America nuking China while U.S. soldiers were on the ground my point was just that I figured the U.S. wouldn't of launched the first nukes, however once China launched theirs I understand there was no way America was going to not retaliate.

Kristian Perez

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:15 am

President Richardson flat out says the USA was winning the war. His exact line was something to the effect of : "We were winning, too, and then those damn reds launched".

In the FO Bible, the introduction of Power Armor turned the tide of the war, and as MCA described it, were cutting down the Chinese like mowing grass.

Chris Jones

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:03 pm

There were also control vaults with no experiments whatsoever, and not every vault experiment meant death for the vault inhabitants. As we have clearly seen in game, people from Vault 15 survived, people from Vault 8 survived. People from Vault 34, 101, 21, etc, etc etc, survived.

It is flat out said in canon China was losing the war. Which is why they launched, at that point in time they had no other option, it was either launch and start WWIII or lose and get wiped out. Things like the FO Bible also make this clear, and although it is more or less just a reference now, it gives us insight into what the devs of FO1 and 2 were thinking when they wrote the stories to the games, and what their canon was.

Myles

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:51 am

I couldve told you that, insanity cannot be argued with

JLG

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:11 am

What's not to love about a faction where the "conservative" position is everyone on Earth not in their little Tribe must be exterminated with chemical and biological weapons so they can inherit the Earth.....while the "Bleeding Heart Liberals" argue that it's better to leverage the only source of clean water around and impose a Military Dictatorship on the Wasteland instead? You can't join them and even if you choose to serve the "liberals" you're fated to be used and discarded like a Jimmy Hat because they hate you just as much as the "conservatives" do, they just want to use you to further the Tribal agenda before they get rid of you. They are playing a Zero sum game...they want everything for themselves, and plan on leaving everybody else nothing.

They hid in their Bunkers and the Oil Rig and left the people they were supposed to be protecting and leading to die in the exchange. Then they come back a few centuries later to kill off the descendants of the people their ancestors abandoned so they can steal what little they have left.....yeah, right. The Federal government in 2077 was just as bad as the Chinese Regime, and in some ways worse because the Chinese were less hypocritical about what they did. The Enclave is even worse than either.

SamanthaLove

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:47 pm

And only China as a nation could be left. Because we know the US is gone.

So China won the great war.

Even if it is a bitter pill to swallow for some of the american kids here.
Michelle Smith

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:45 am

No, if anything it's somewhat of a tie. Or just flat out a tie, literal representation of mutually assured destruction to a tee. See how [censored] up America is represented? You can bet China who was already getting destroyed on land is also just as [censored] up indeed. If anything since there is no shown/mentioned continuation of the Chinese government like there is of America and its Enclave they probably by your own definition lost. We never see how bad China was hit but were also never given any solid reason they were some how much better off.

Seriously though it's a tie or a shared loss, you said you were Swedish right? Why is China being just as destroyed as America is (if not very very slightly more so) such a hard pill for YOU to swallow?

Pat RiMsey

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Do you realize how absurd your line of thinking is? Your entire argument is nothing more but baseless assumptions, while numerous sources throughout the games confirm otherwise. Whatever drivel you're coming up with doesn't matter, canon is canon.

I don't even know why I bother, as it has become clear that you're just childishly trolling at this point in an attempt to get some sort of reaction out of what you're assuming are American users (when the main person you've been arguing with throughout this entire thread isn't even American).

No matter, feel free to go about your crazy rants. I'll keep it in mind when considering acknowledgment of your future post. :tops:

Irmacuba

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:04 am

ME? The Enclave! Not a red-blood, apple-pie eating, freedom loving patriot?

Cor blimey guv'nor, I'll be having words with the Queen about this slanderous attack. She'll have you swinging by your Gregory Peck before the day is out and your loaf on a spike at the Tower of London.

candice keenan

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:46 am

The facts are simple. We know governments had fallout shelters. We know USA as a nation is totally destroyed (chosen one, lone wanderer etc)

So literally no nation can have fared worse than the US which is totally gone.

China thus, no matter how few of its nation is still alive, won the grear war.

I dont understand why this is so hard for you to accept other than its hurts your ego as americans. But that isnt my fault. I didnt write the fallout lore (fallout 1-3)
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:37 am

Indeed, my http://www.mylondonpics.com/wp-content/uploads/London-20120804-100008.jpghttp://tabippo.net/wp-content/uploads/5643943041_22f071babe_z.jpghttp://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/20/article-2132408-12AD1045000005DC-409_968x385.jpgis being totally ruined by your stellar wit sir.

lucy chadwick

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:16 pm

You do understand that being of anglosaxon culture (me included) makes us more pro america, more than communism right? (Atleast the majority of us)

But that.doesnt change the fact that the US was utterly destroyed and removed from the world following the great war in the fallout universe.

No matter how little power the chinese nation holds they still won the war.
Carlos Rojas

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Don't tell me what I think. Most of my friends find it highly incongruous that I play as the avatar of a right-wing American government on the internet with what they know about me and my opinions in reality.

Also, what an argument.

"Oh you Americans ego's are so hurt."

"We aren't Americans."

"Oh but you sympathise with them more because I say so, so I'm still right."

Nice backpedal.

naome duncan

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:28 pm

I just know your ego got hurt because China won the great war.

Its not my fault USA was totally wiped out with the end of the enclave and that no other nation fared worse.

Your last reply about reallife and your buddies show me you must be really insecure. That is why your ego is so bruised.
chloe hampson

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:59 am

remember kids if you and your nemesis kill each other then your nemesis wins by default because you are both dead... wait a second...

Bedford White

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:46 am

How few of its nation? If there are no people in America, how did we play FO 1-3, Tactics, and NV?

Claudia Cook

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:45 am

I've actually took the time to read the whole argument... and this is the only argument I've seen Tennisgolfboll argue :blink: ...

Which is utterly absurd...

America you realize was a bigger nation then China? If china was able to destroy the U.S by such a large amount. I can only imagine what happened to china considering the U.S has the largest military in the world and a larger quantity of nuclear weaponry then china had (By a lot)... all aimed at a smaller location. See where I'm getting at? China is likely uninhabited and it's citizens extinct.

Setal Vara

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion