The Enclave: 2 questions I wanted to ask the community.

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:25 am

Hi guys I wanted to ask the community 2 questions with statements of my personal opinion below these questions. These questions are contrary to populer belief regarding the enclave I have played fallout 2 and 3 so I know quite a bit about them however I wanted these questions to be cleared up before I play fallout 4.

1. Why are the enclave the bad guys ?

The enclave isnt bad. They are actually tring to help america but the way they want to do that is by controllling everything in the capital wasteland. But the brotherhood is trying to protect those people but the enclave thinks the brotherhood is trying to be the government so they want to kill them, So they also kill people working with the brotherhood, and some of their leaders are real jerks.

2.THEY ARE GOVERNMENT SO WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO GET RIDD OF THEM?

They are the last remnants of the U.S. government, so they can have access to just about every military and social organization left and the enclave are trying to bring unity back to the USA and not to mention that the brotherhood is looking for old technology to help rebuild the what? The Old world? The old world that obliterated one another? The brotherhood is constantly looking for old technology the Enclave already has.
Skrapp Stephens

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Well, they only wanted to kill everybody in the CW that isn't pure human with no hint of a mutation in it's genes. Which is *calculating noise* approximately 99,8 % of the population.

Not really the good guys.

Curveballs On Phoenix

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:41 am

I would consider there hostile xenophobic doctrines to be "evil", heck in 2 they planed to kill anything with too much background radiation in it′s body, even if it was a otherwise healthy and rational human being, all for some delusional attempt to "cleanse" the wasteland.

And so what if they US goverment? That does not make there actions right in any way.

Marion Geneste

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:03 am

1. The Enclave's plan is to kill everyone in the Capital Wasteland that is outside of their faction, or the vast majority of them, and then presumably absorb the trace remnants in some-kind of subservient position. So for most people that is a tad too extreme.

2. Again, see above. They're plans are entirely around the continuation of the United States as an organisation, i.e. themselves. They don't care about governing the rest of the continent or baseball or apple pie, merely about the survival of the organisation which they seek to ensure by killing literally everyone whom can oppose them.

Chloé

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:06 am

The CW?
Heads up, the Enclave planned to kill EVERYONE who was not on the rig circa F2.
Sorry, that's evil, even if they believe their cause was just.
Cagla Cali

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:27 pm

Right! Forgot about F2...

Add Me

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Someone drank the Kool-Aid.....

Carlitos Avila

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:23 pm

What others said and:

The enclave with Vault-Tec, before the great war, planned and executed the vaults mostly as experiments on people just to gather "knowledge".

One can also speculate that the enclave started the great war.
adame

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:12 pm

depends graqe or fruit punch?
Melung Chan

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Guys make no mistake im not saying the enclave are the good guys all im doin is trying to say that the enclave could be Americas last true government and the only ones capable of restoring order even if it means them controlling all of the capital wasteland and or eradicating all impure life.
Nany Smith

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:51 pm

I personally think that's selling their motives short. They don't care about genetic purity, it's just the most overt aspect of their hatred of everything outside them, they're plan in Fallout 2 made no provisions for genetics after-all - it was just a highly dangerous pathogen that killed everyone - including themselves. If you speak to President Richardson he believes that the Enclave, were it to just colonise the mainland, would eventually be destroyed by mainland forces which isn't an illogical notion consider the size of the Enclave versus the population of the mainland. His motives are entirely understandable, it's just that his solution is utterly untenable to people in terms of it's evil.

Through the various provisions of Continuity of Government that exist in real life they consider themselves to be the United States government. They were formed from the populations of pre-war bunkers that eventually converged on the West Coast if you speak to President Eden and if nobody else makes contact with them then they have to assume they were what's left.

But nobody on the mainland should believe or care.

Considering that the United States had pressed deeply into China it's highly unlikely, actually, that the United States government would have been the ones to initiate the nuclear arms. They were going to win by conventional means.

Adam

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:49 am

They have a tiny population that is incapable of policing the mainland and destroying "impure life" is neither their primary motivation nor even a justifiable goal from an objective standpoint. The people in the world are still people after-all that don't deserve to be killed because a small cabal of people desire it to be so for their own benefit.

Jamie Moysey

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:35 pm

This isnt true. America was not winning the war.

They were not losing either.

In f2 it is said that china struck first by the US president (enclaves.president) but that could be propaganda

But the point is the enclave existed before the great war inside the us government. They were ready for the war. They had planned their huge oil rig, even trying rockets in space, prepared the vaults with pure strain humans for experiments and non pure humans in other vaults for experiments.
Chloe :)

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:17 am

For my two caps, the NCR is more of a representation of American government even though it is a post war creation.

Jordyn Youngman

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:23 am

No it doesn't, nowhere in the game does it say that. The only source is President Richardson who says it was the Chinese.

The Chinese had been pushed out of all American territory and the US Army was fighting along the http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Yangtze_Campaign. So yeah, they were winning the war, they had succeeded in an invasion of mainland China after expelling all hostile forces from their territory.

Jordan Fletcher

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:47 pm

The enclave wants to wipe out everything because the enclave has their own citizens
That can re populate the old america without the dangers of Raiders and mutants.
Invasion's

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:12 pm

And if you consider that to be a suitable justification that is your prerogative, I certainly once thought so.

Most people do not... because they are uncomfortable supporting mass-genocide.

Eileen Collinson

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:49 am

Yeah, not sure what weak minded dupes allow others to define, "impure life" for them, but when your crooked nose drops you into that category, you have no one to blame but yourself....

Trevor Bostwick

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:53 am

That sounds like a Trumpisim :ahhh:

Devils Cheek

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:17 pm

I just said that china and richardson.

No US were no winning at all. If anything they were losing but its made clear that the war was far from decided.
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:22 am

The enclave still live considering that they had secret oil rig and who knows what else they could be hideing.
Lucky Girl

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:09 am

No you didn't, you said that in Fallout 2 it said that the Americans nuked the Chinese... which isn't mentioned in Fallout 2.

No they weren't, tell me how liberating all occupied territory and then staging a successful campaign invasion of the enemy nation is being on the losing foot. Stop saying they were losing and justify your position - indeed, justify why exactly the Americans would be more likely to launch than the Chinese?

Jamie Moysey

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:17 am

Those dangerous mutants and raiders in Rivet City, or Arefu, or Megaton, or the Hub, or Shady Sands, or Arroyo, or... need I go on?

Mutation is how new traits emerge in evolution. The enclave's Anti-FEV destroys "mutation". The anti-FEV is eventual total Earth-wide extinction in a test tube. Madness.

Crystal Birch

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:55 am

No read what i said. I said Richardson said china struck first. But he and the whole enclave are lying people with propaganda and evil deeds.

Take a look at the real war fought between china and usa.

Usa was successful then driven back by the chinese. It is implied that the US was actually having the war fortunes turn against them in 2077 (inspired by the real korean war?)
Oyuki Manson Lavey

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:00 am

The enclave are the true America. they aren't killing innocents, they are killing mutants!
FITTAS

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion