The Enclave

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Horrigan was born in the Enclave, and after he mutated his mutation was kept secret from the rest of the Enclave: the soldiers were told that he was a cyborg, not a mutant.
Thomas LEON

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Horrigan was born in the Enclave, and after he mutated his mutation was kept secret from the rest of the Enclave: the soldiers were told that he was a cyborg, not a mutant.

At least the President and some others would have known it and tolerated him to do the dirty work and maybe get rid of him later secretly. So I say joining for a short moment to do cleaning jobs wouldn't be impossible.

With getting accepted as a member:
Is there any true evidence inside the games that you have to be born inside the enclave to get accepted or is 'pure blooded' attribute enough?
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:55 am

The people of Vault 13 were pure blooded and it didn't help them much, did it?
Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 pm

The people of Vault 13 were pure blooded and it didn't help them much, did it?

Maybe its the way of the Enclave to sacrify each other for the greater good. Wasn't Frank Horrigan itself just unlucky or some other Enclave soldiers sacrificed? Isn't this like the good old soldiers of nevada got treated and the scientists knew what's going to happen to them? Or like John Wayne's death (Nevada filming without getting informed) almost like Frank Horrigan - as a true patriot he didn't accuse the government, but just kept on supporting patriotism.

So if there is an organisation that sacrifices its own lower people, I assume outsiders don't count at all. But that still wouldn't mean the Enclave wouldn't take the chance to go to bed with power and hire a deadly assassin or effective agent from the outside.

And who knows, sometimes power and not being outsider enough could give you a chance to get into high Enclave ranks. Reminds me of this foreign terminator who got governator.
Your Mum

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:07 pm

I suppose there might be differences of opinion within the Enclave itself on that: some that would be willing to recruit purebreed outsiders, some that would be only willing to use outsiders as cannon fodder or slaves, some that think that outsiders are worthy only of eradication, and some for whom purity doesn't matter but birthright does (and who would still consider Horrigan a full citizen).
NO suckers In Here

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:27 am

That said, how do they give birth to new members? Scientist and a few officers aside, there doesn't seem to be many Enclave members(though not as bad as the Talon Mercs who have non at all).
Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:30 pm

That said, how do they give birth to new members? Scientist and a few officers aside, there doesn't seem to be many Enclave members(though not as bad as the Talon Mercs who have non at all).

But Talon Company, isn't a government orginization that wants to repopulate the world or at least the US with only their "pure-bloods".

I imagine alot of imbreeding at times, exspecially if their numbers are severly depleted.
Lucky Girl

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Is it possible, that before the bombs fell, that the Enclave began or already had secret bases in Canada or Mexico? The reason I ask, is maybe the Enclave (Though it hasn't been said in any games) is pushing their wills onto other people in nations like Canada and Mexico. So maybe if they did, the Enclave is only "finished" in the US, and maybe they're trying to make another "Little America" in Mexico or Canada?

Do you guys/gals think its possible?

Well if you count the "big board" in the "Situation Room" on the Poseidon Oil Rig then you'll notice that there was an Enclave Operation proceeding at Fort Chimo, Quebec,Canada(probably out the RCAF Station there). I also believe that they had an operation going on in Mexico City. Though it is not clear whether these are pre-war or post-war operations.
Teghan Harris

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:14 am

If the Enclave do return as the big bad guys, I'd personally like it if you were the son of some high ranking Enclave captain who was killed in DC. Then you have to do your own part to rebuild the Enclave. I still kind of see the Enclave as the good guys in some ways. How are the Enclave still considered "pure" though? They're out in the Wasteland almost as much as the Brotherhood of Steel.
Cat

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:23 am

Though it is not clear whether these are pre-war or post-war operations.

Not even clear whether these were operations, or just points of interest or simply blinking lights.
Add Me

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:28 am

If the Enclave do return as the big bad guys, I'd personally like it if you were the son of some high ranking Enclave captain who was killed in DC. Then you have to do your own part to rebuild the Enclave. I still kind of see the Enclave as the good guys in some ways. How are the Enclave still considered "pure" though? They're out in the Wasteland almost as much as the Brotherhood of Steel.

A plot hole, the Enclave in Fallout 3 shouldn't be any more pure than the average wastelander. Apparently they are, though.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:55 pm

Perhaps they're just elitist? Wouldn't surprize me.
Anna Kyselova

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:04 pm

Well if you count the "big board" in the "Situation Room" on the Poseidon Oil Rig then you'll notice that there was an Enclave Operation proceeding at Fort Chimo, Quebec,Canada(probably out the RCAF Station there). I also believe that they had an operation going on in Mexico City. Though it is not clear whether these are pre-war or post-war operations.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that on the Oil Rig.

Not even clear whether these were operations, or just points of interest or simply blinking lights.

If they were actual operations/interests (Which coul be explained more in future a FO?) then that would mean, the Enclave could make an "attack" into the US, taking back what they loss?(If they had enough men and such to do so from those two nations?)
Skrapp Stephens

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Who's to say all the Enclave members went to the Oil Rig, or Navarro, or Raven Rock? There could be bases we still don't know about. A shadow government like the Enclave wouldn't be stupid enough to base everyone in the same place.
Jose ordaz

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Who's to say all the Enclave members went to the Oil Rig, or Navarro, or Raven Rock? There could be bases we still don't know about. A shadow government like the Enclave wouldn't be stupid enough to base everyone in the same place.

But from what we've seen, their numbers have to be severly depleted by now. All the West Coast Enclave went East, and in DC I bet more than 95% of Enclave forces were destroyed (Including BS DLC). So if they have secret bases in the Southern United States, maybe they still have a chance to get things rolling for them again?
BlackaneseB

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Well, "IF" we are to guess that the Enclave controls Mexico City, and Fort Chimo, I would say:

Fort Chimo: Forward Airfield and refueling station for East Coast vertibird squadrons(Based at former RCAF Station Fort Chimo).

Mexico City: Vertibird Repair and Production Facility(Based out of the Former Mr. Handy Factory).
Robyn Howlett

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:19 pm

I very much doubt that they control any of these places.

But after years of isolation, most of these places would evolve into separate factions with little in common with the Enclave we know.
Ashley Campos

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 am

I very much doubt that they control any of these places.

But after years of isolation, most of these places would evolve into separate factions with little in common with the Enclave we know.

Who's to say they're isolated? If Eden could somehow manage to get Autumn to lead his troops eastward, then who's to say none of the Enclave bases have long range communication?
Ebony Lawson

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:57 pm

The Enclave certainly has long range communication, as do the Brotherhood of Steel. It is mentioned numerous times... the BoS talk about communication with the West, until the stopped taking their calls. Eden talks about communicating with Enclave remnants and telling them to evacuate to Raven Rock after FO2's storyline...

I agree the board in FO2 could mean anything, but I would say IF there are other Enclave bases in other countries, they would almost certainly be in contact with each other, and with Eden, before his destruction.

Also, the crawler thing at the end of Broken Steel and the vertibirds, as well as the fact they mass-evacuated across the country before, clearly shows the Enclave also has mass transportation technology that could cross continents, meaning IF these other bases exist, they could easily send troops or relocate to the former US if they desire to.

Having said all this, I hope the Enclave do not become series regular villains and we don't see them for a while.
Tina Tupou

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:40 pm

There's no indication that there were any major Enclave bases aside from Navarro in 2241, not any Enclave operations aside from the East Coast in 2277. They don't have the resources for any operations on that big of a scale.
Shelby McDonald

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:36 pm

There's no indication that there were any major Enclave bases aside from Navarro in 2241, not any Enclave operations aside from the East Coast in 2277. They don't have the resources for any operations on that big of a scale.

I would tend to agree, if for no other reason than I really don't want to see them again.

I'm just saying IF you think that map means there are many other bases, there is no technological reason for that not to be the case, as they have the transportation and communication methods needed for long-distance interconnectedness.

But yeah, that map is a thin piece of evidence... also, Eden pretty much indicated he brought all the remnants of the Enclave to the capital wasteland, and at the end of Broken Steel you are pretty much under the assumption only small bands of remnants remain of the Enclave.
Jeff Turner

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:10 pm

at the end of Broken Steel you are pretty much under the assumption only small bands of remnants remain of the Enclave.

In the US, but it is possible if those blinking lights and littl markers on the map did mean something, it could mean that the Enclave still has well sized forces, just in another nation. But in the US, their probably scattered and lost without a leader. But maybe its possible, that the Enclave forces in other countries (If any) are scattered and lost as well?
-----------------------------

There's no reason to doubt the Encalve COULD have forces in other countries. I mean the Enclave was a top secret government orginization, with alot of fingers. So the possability that the Enclave does have forces in other nations, whether scattered or orginized is still to be discovered.
sam smith

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Imagine some aliens would obliterate Washington DC at the right time, when the whole government, senators and governours would be there at the same time. Imagine further some main structures like congress and pentagon in DC and a lot of important military bases and power plants would get destroyed too.

Surely this would be a major strike, but it wouldn't mean the people of america would just give up. The military and patriots would soon set up an emergency government and new military structure to strike back.

That's what happened between FO2 and FO3 somehow. Sure the oil rig destruction was a major blow and there wasn't a second one like this existing. But the rest of the enclave restructured and used one of their zax units to coordinate survival.

As the enclave was based upon rich people that kept away their secrets and powers from the public while dominating and misusing it, the enclave where the ones that got away from the great war effects most. And that means most of their secret outposts are still in full working order.

The head of the enclave might got chopped off, but the body still lives and regenerates like the hydra.

Remember their structures after the great war were in such a matter intact, that they were able to do full research and invent new technology to improve weapons and power armor for example.
Greg Cavaliere

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:28 pm

A position to support the idea that the Enclave might have forces outside the CONUS:

1) During the Cold War the United States Military operated out of many different nations across the world.
2) American industry is massive, and has ties to many other nations.
3) American Embassies, Consulates and other US Government resources worldwide.
Klaire

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Yes, but it's very doubtful that the Enclave actually retained control of any of these after the Great War. Like the Brotherhood of Steel, many soldiers wouldn't exactly be that fond of what was left of the US government by that point.
Angela Woods

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion