The Graphics

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Anything close to looking like Project Offset would be amazing. I hope they can do that. That is the only game i can think of that looks like a next gen game. Too bad it got cancelled.
Darren

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:52 am

I want some screens real soon, seriously. You can't just put a trailer, and make me wait. Cruel, cruel punishment..

hey its gonna take them a while to come up with stuff for an awesome game, so just chill out it will come
Gracie Dugdale

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:17 am

I'm not sure why this is still being discussed. A completely new engine has already been confirmed.
Aaron Clark

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:36 am

I'm not sure why this is still being discussed. A completely new engine has already been confirmed.

Do you by chance have a link to this? I am not saying I don't believe you, I would just like to read it for myself.
emma sweeney

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:49 pm

I wonder if the "new console look" applies to the game on actual consoles or if it only applies to the game on higher-end PCs. Graphics settings make a difference. What do you think?

Not sure, overall I think it will look better than Oblivion on the Consoles. I have a 360, but honestly, like a lot of people here I could care less about the graphics. Then again who would resist awesome new graphics?
Yama Pi

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:35 pm

Do you by chance have a link to this? I am not saying I don't believe you, I would just like to read it for myself.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/12/12/elder-scrolls-v-will-use-new-engine.aspx

there you go :D
stevie trent

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:32 am

All I want is unique environments, and no more generic field, forest, mountain. Give me fjords, give me frozen lakes, give me fertile valleys, show me the taiga. Show me Nordic cities, not just castles. Let me see inspiring Nordic culture!

I mostly don't give a crap about what kind of environment they are going to pick; my concerns are all about a world with some [censored] interaction in it, a world which doesn't feel as empty and monotone as Oblivion did.
Yeah, it's fine if it looks good, but it's far more important if it feels true, rich, detailed, coherent.
If we are going to see once again beautiful landscapes with just some random autoscaling monsters wandering around, you can paint me disappointed.

I want to see caves with hidden treasures and some powerfull monster watching them, cliffs to climb, places hard to find and rewarding to explore, dungeons which are big, unique and scary, with traps which are actually dangerous and must be avoided (look at Vindictus beta) and so on.
In this sense I think Gothic saga has often delivered more compelling worlds than TES, in the past.
Silencio

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:59 am

Graphics are nothing without good art direction; take Morrowind vs Oblivion; yes Oblivion had the best graphics, but Morrowind had the best artistic direction with much more unique looking areas, they just didn't have the graphical ability to put much polish on it or flesh out the landscapes more.

I'd rather see the graphics remain the same and just work on more unique art styles, attention to details, atmosphere and something that really bugged me about Oblivion which was draw distance. Oblivion had a tiny draw distance with enemies and buildings etc just fading into view a few metres away.

I hope they don't just get carried away with the whole 'good graphics = good visuals' idea which is completely eroneous.
Isabell Hoffmann

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:14 am

http://www.emergent.net/Global/Images/Gamebryo/Tools/SceneDesignerShot1large.jpg
Brandi Norton

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:17 am

http://www.emergent.net/Global/Images/Gamebryo/Tools/SceneDesignerShot1large.jpg

Is that from Skyrim? Cant be...can it?
Scarlet Devil

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:06 pm

If that's from Skyrim I will shoot myself in the face. Those graphics would look more at home in Morrowind.
Sophh

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:20 am

idk..ive never seen it before
Allison C

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:17 pm

I just soiled my pants. T-T-T-T-TThat's G-G-G-G-Gamebryo t-t-t-t-technology. :woot:
Taylrea Teodor

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:37 am

We need a mod in here...i wanna know if that's legit or not.
Dawn Farrell

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:38 am

I just soiled my pants. T-T-T-T-TThat's G-G-G-G-Gamebryo t-t-t-t-technology. :woot:

I'm not sure what the hell that was, but I'm sure its going to be taken down soon unless its just some MOD or something.
Phillip Brunyee

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 am

Whether it is or not, it's Gamebryo technology. Bethesda's using advanced Gamebryo technology, right?
Harry Leon

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Graphics are not everything (see WoW as a classic example) but I got to say a game needs some decent graphics to keep up with competiton...
Hopefully their new engine will have the capability of graphics close to something like CoD4 at least, if its even better I will cry though .-.
Sophie Morrell

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:36 am

I hope the view from the Top of Throat Of The Mountain is sick.
Assumptah George

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:30 am

Whether it is or not, it's Gamebryo technology. Bethesda's using advanced Gamebryo technology, right?

I heard its completely new, a new name and everything. So im not too sure if its legit.
Roanne Bardsley

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:58 am

Anything close to looking like Project Offset would be amazing. I hope they can do that. That is the only game i can think of that looks like a next gen game. Too bad it got cancelled.

Don't mention Project Offset, you make the internet cry.
Nikki Hype

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 am

I wasn't. I was being serious.

And Seti, I know they won't go backwards, but my point was that I wouldn't care if they did.

I would. I'd be incredibly pissed off. I'm not crazy about graphics, but I think there should be a little improvement from one game to the next.

However, I think animation makes the graphics look better than they really are in games. The animations in Red Dead Redemption made the game look like it had the best graphics ever, but it really doesn't. That's why I think that animations are just as important, if not more important than graphics.
Kelli Wolfe

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:34 am

I really, really hope they use http://www.geomerics.com/images/enlighten/enlighten07_web.jpg style of lighting the environment.

There is a middle-ware called http://www.geomerics.com/screenshots.htm, which uses "real-time radiosity" to enlighten the surrounding area as any places is lightened.

So if you open a window and the sun light lightens a red carpet on the ground, all the room becomes a bit red because of that, and if the carpet was blue, the room would become bluish.

When using enlighten, you would not have to add ambient light to the environment to have a realistically lightened area.

The info:

Enlighten is the only genuine real-time radiosity lighting product for cross-platform game development. Enlighten means freedom to create interactive worlds with fully dynamic lighting.

Enlighten redefines how lighting is handled and is driving a new generation of games that truly rival film for their control of mood and atmosphere.
Elisha KIng

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:40 am

Beth already confirmed they have a new and "spectacular" engine in multiple places - Gstaff posted that here on the forum, the bethblog twitter confirms it, etc.
Trent Theriot

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:15 am

The image comes straight from the gamebryo website http://www.emergent.net/products/gamebryo/Tools/Scene-Designer/

I don't believe its art for the next TES game as Emergent (the bankrupt company behind gamebryo) only uses their own pictures in their photos.
Guy Pearce

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:00 am

"It's an all new engine!" Claims teh Bethblog: https://twitter.com/Bethblog

Whatever that specifies then at the very least it doesn't look like Fallout 3/New Vegas. Oh, and stop posting "graphics don't matter" because if you have working eyes and have ever considered anything visually beautiful in your life then they do matter and you're not fooling anyone.
Kieren Thomson

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim