"The New Crytek" - I DONT LIKE!

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:37 am

[quote]I say that we wait for more information and maybe some multiplayer video before we make any conclusions. Also, do you have a link to the Crysis 2 PC video?[/quote]

No link as I'm mobile, but the title was something like "Inedit E3 Crysis 2 PC Footage", and you should find it. Its highly disappointing footage IMO.
Honey Suckle

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Lets just say that you sold an item that everyone loved but you only sold the item that everyone loved in your neighborhood for a while. You realized that you could make sooo much more money if you sold the item in a large city. And this city was a little further away from your neighborhood. If doing this substantially increased your profits would you stay in your neighborhood because they like you and you have been there for a long time?

We need to realize that these people own a business and the goal of that business is to make money, not make the neighborhood happy.

Stop flaming the company about many things we don't even know and for things that will help them make money.
Jarrett Willis

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:05 pm

That actually wasn't PC, I think it was video from the XBOX 360 on the PC. Look at this screenshot and you will see why.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9715/c2e3screen5.jpg
Donald Richards

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:40 pm

Oops wrong one sorry let me find the other one
Laurenn Doylee

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:06 pm

Ok... here is the link to why that gameplay was not PC

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9869/crysis2e3.png
Jaki Birch

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:13 am

[quote]That actually wasn't PC, I think it was video from the XBOX 360 on the PC. Look at this screenshot and you will see why.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9715/c2e3screen5.jpg[/quote]

I hope you are right. And I understand that Crytek wants to make money, but Codename: Kingdoms, is my big issue. I am not happy with Crytek on that unless Microsoft paid them huge cash which outweighs the potential income of multiplatform development.

Just remember Far Cry. Ubisoft bought that from Crytek, and Crytek would be in a much better financial situation today if they didn't sell the franchise to Ubisoft...
Tammie Flint

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:30 am

What they have shown so far doesn't look anywhere as good as Wars and very consolized to boot.
Secondly, they refuse to show any PC footage. Probably because it will look not better.
I doubt that I will buying this game. Why would I buy something that isn't as good as Wars?
I'll just stick with Wars.
Vera Maslar

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:24 am

[quote]What they have shown so far doesn't look anywhere as good as Wars and very consolized to boot.
Secondly, they refuse to show any PC footage. Probably because it will look not better.
I doubt that I will buying this game. Why would I buy something that isn't as good as Wars?
I'll just stick with Wars.[/quote]

Its a bit consolized yes, but you do realize its bring developed on the platform... My argument is directed more towards Codename: Kingdoms, than Crysis 2. Why would you stick with Crysis Wars? We have no details on Crysis 2 Multiplayer other than that its being developed by Crytek Nottingham. Why would you stick with a dead game plagued with bugs and lack of new content? It will just get even more dead after Crysis 2 is released.
TWITTER.COM

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:44 pm

[quote] Why would you stick with a dead game plagued with bugs and lack of new content? It will just get even more dead after Crysis 2 is released.[/quote]

If its anything like what is being shown now, I know I won't be the only person sticking with Wars.
darnell waddington

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:41 am

Because wars is the best multiplayer game ever created of course. It is jut amazing. It requires a lot of skill and it very unique. It is so much fun
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:41 am

[quote]Because wars is the best multiplayer game ever created of course. It is jut amazing. It requires a lot of skill and it very unique. It is so much fun[/quote]

There are 1,800 players and 185 servers that agree with you. =/
lisa nuttall

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Crytek should have NEVER gone to console. They always said they will put PC first, what have we seen for Crysis 2 console crap console crap and oh! console crap! Probably the only decent PC stuff we've seen is the one shot of Prophet in the Crysis 2 achieved on cryengine vid, and what was that 4 maybe 5 seconds?
Jaylene Brower

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:50 pm

[quote]Crytek should have NEVER gone to console. They always said they will put PC first, what have we seen for Crysis 2 console crap console crap and oh! console crap! Probably the only decent PC stuff we've seen is the one shot of Prophet in the Crysis 2 achieved on cryengine vid, and what was that 4 maybe 5 seconds?[/quote]

There are some well supported rumors that the 3D trailer was done in realtime on the PC version (I think a thread on incrysis has more details. iirc the trailer was made "realtime in-engine with minimal post-production and editing" or something along those lines). This means that there is a very good chance that the high-poly NS2 in that trailer will be available in the PC version (DX11 tessellation, anyone?).

If this is true (that the trailer wasn't rendered frame-by-frame in-engine and actually done in real time) you can color me impressed - I thought it was all done using the old fixed_time_step method.

Finally, I have to agree with the OP on the Kingdom game thing (lol I don't even know what it's called). If its being developed with CE3, why make it an exclusive title? It seems contradictory to bill your own engine as an easy way to develop multiplatform and then go and use the engine to develop a 360-exclusive title. I'm no expert on spin, but that seems like it might hurt the reputation of the engine as a multiplatform solution. Plus, I'm sure they EA (or whoever publishes it) will make tons more money selling it on all 3 platforms (Wii excluded, of course) especially when the engine will do all the scaling required (no porting necessary). It seems dumb.

Bah, whatever, I'm sure they have their reasons. As long as Crysis 3 comes out on PC I'm good (but it better be damn good, ya hear me Crytek??) :D.
Trish

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:17 pm

I agree the webpage will take some getting use to and micrasoft isn't my fav company. I understand the business side that crytek are taking as would any business.

Crysis was pc exclusive and people on consoles didn't like it, so why not have a console exclusive? all's fare in love and war.. You have to remember in any business you have to make money and to get that you have to have the wider audiance..Which in turn means more money to develope better games in the future.
Emma

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:22 am

Quote Talon95 "Welcome to gamesas!

And we won't hold anything against you. In fact, 2/3 if the game sales are likely to be console. ;)"

And this:
quote from Talon95 "
Codename: Kingdoms: Xbox360? This was a GIANT kick in the balls from Crytek. I have been following Crytek's external projects very closely and i was hyped up for this, but seriously? Us PC gamers just got kicked in the nuts! How many blwjobs did Bill Gate$ and his company Micro $oft D1ck, have to give you for you to make it an exlusive? You have said over and over again Crytek, that PC is "First".... You are lying straght to the publics face! This was a huge kick in the balls and this almost makes me certain that Crysis 2 will be nothing but a console port and nothing more. This is not the Crytek i once knew and loved, and honestly, im not going to take this ****. I am seriously on the fence with Crysis 2, and unless i see substantial effort to make the game a great PC title, i will not buy it. Seriously Crytek, you need to rethink your image... I was hoping that E3 would be great, but it turned out EXACTLY the opposite. I will stop here as its getting very long and the little kiddies you brought in likely wont read much more than this. DISCUSS! "

These to comments contradict each other m8 and as a fanboy is someone who follows a game none stop which you have done with crysis, so to use fanboy as a way of insulting others, means your insulting yourself.

:-) Cya later.
Gemma Woods Illustration

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:55 pm

MY FRUSTRATIONS WITH PC GAMING IN GENERAL:

The PC is getting brushed more and more off as an old hat but in my opinion the industry is creating a self fulfilling prophecy.

Developers port games to the PC 8 months after they're released with no care at all and they go "BAWWW I ONLY MADE 300 MILLION DOLLARS ON THE PC VERSION, WHY DIDN'T IT SELL?!?"

Maybe if you took care to port it, and I didn't already own it on one of the several consoles I own I would buy it. There seems to be this misconception in the industry that the PC and Console market are entirely separate. If someone can drop 2 grand on a PC, a 300 dollar console is chump change.

Let's take, for example, BLUR on the PC. You can't rebind your controls in that game.

Yes, you read that correctly. It's 2010 and You can't do something as TRIVIAL is rebinding controls. As a game developer and programmer by profession I can tell you this is an immensely simple thing to do unless you programed your game is an architectural nightmare.

It always boggled me, why are the standards of console gamers so low? Rebinding a controller is just as easy, yet barely any console games do this. Console gamers, have you never played a game where you thought "Man, I wish the shoulder buttons were switched" or whatever? Wouldn't you love to be able to make the controller work exactly like you wanted to?

Another thing FPS games are guilty of - low field of views on console ports. This comes from the fact that the eye is more comfortable with a lower field of view when playing the game from a couch to TV distance. When playing closely at a monitor though, the eye is much more comfortable with a higher FOV. These aren't changed - why?

If you can't change your FOV in engine, then the FIRST incarnation of the Quake and UT engines were, in my opinion, much more advanced than whatever you are using. Altering a frustumis simple - OpenGL and DirectX have them **** built it, it will take 5 minutes + compile time to make these changes.

Next up, UI's. This is where we can tell if you just took the 360 version, figured it used directX already so you'll just dump it onto the PC and call it a day - or if your several month delay on the PC release was to actually improve things.

And I'm out of space, thanks forum
Tiff Clark

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:25 am

I think I'll expand on this in my blog
Lil Miss

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:41 pm

Guys i think your looking too much into this - As the editor allows developing for all three platforms at the same time then it would be stupid for them to not release (Crysis 3?) on all the platforms again.

With this codename w/e you have to see that they have Microsoft as a main partner. They will have said "we give you lots of money and you keep it xbox exclusive". I think we can be pretty sure that as long as Crysis 3 doesnt have a partner that does that, we will get the game on PC.
Danial Zachery

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:22 am

[quote]Guys i think your looking too much into this - As the editor allows developing for all three platforms at the same time then it would be stupid for them to not release (Crysis 3?) on all the platforms again.

With this codename w/e you have to see that they have Microsoft as a main partner. They will have said "we give you lots of money and you keep it xbox exclusive". I think we can be pretty sure that as long as Crysis 3 doesnt have a partner that does that, we will get the game on PC.[/quote]
The thing is, last I checked Microsoft owned Windows as well. Why not make it Xbox and Windows exclusive?
Natalie Taylor

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:05 am

You guys just need to stop panicing...Crytek have always done good and I see no reason why that would change.
darnell waddington

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:01 am

These guys are called something, let me tell you it:

GAME DEVELOPERS.

The word "Game" can be referred to games on the PC, PS3 or 360. It's there decision, not yours to what they wish to develop. At the end of the day, these guys are making games to entertain us.

The word "Developers" means developing a game, either for the PS3, 360 or PC. It is their decision at the end of day to whether they want to make a game an exclusive or not.

Talon, while I respect your opinion, these guys have always been a PC game developer, it's where they started from. They want to be widespread, or else, they're not really going to achieve much from just a PC fanbase. But then again, Crysis did amazing on PC, I think C2 will be just as good as Crysis.

Also, many developers of today are just lazy if they can't rebind controls. That's pretty much it.
Add Meeh

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:36 pm

[quote]The word "Game" can be referred to games on the PC, PS3 or 360. It's there decision, not yours to what they wish to develop. At the end of the day, these guys are making games to entertain us.
[/quote]

...and I thought they do this to earn their living.
Stay-C

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:22 pm

They do that too, for both really, I just never mentioned that before.
Richard Dixon

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:05 am

More money to be made in the console section. Live with it.
Causon-Chambers

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:55 am

(excuse punctuation full stop key is busted)
I have no problem with the pc platform but its users are starting to annoy me me off
I currently don't own a pc with high enough spec to run Crysis without it dying but after seeing Crysis 1 in action at a friends I am saving for one

But seriously quit your Mo'Fo b*tchin, Crysis 2 if its anything like the first is going to epic no matter the platform you know why?,,,,,because its going to be an awesome game and you know why its going to be awesome?,,,,,,,,, because its being made by Crytek the company that brought you Crysis the game that is 'THE' game to own if you have a pc, 'THE' game that is the reason your on this site waiting for the sequel
I mean its stupid all of you saying your disappointed in Crytek whether its to do with Crysis 2 or kingdoms being a 360 exclusive but Crytek is trying to adapt to a market in which consoles are becoming evermore present and if this requires a few tiny changes then you guys should trust them because they were the one who made all the right decisions for Crysis 1,,,,NOT YOU and I know it was PC gamers that got Crysis and Crytek where it is in terms of fame and although Crysis one and two are going be better on the PC you should stop your moaning and get off your high horse picking at every detail they change and exclusive they release that doesn't go your way because simply put Crytek is awesome and they make awesome games and unfortunately for you they are broadening their market to the console area

another thing you say that consoles are fully of crying 8 year old kids but I mean look at yourself your crying because Crytek and ported Crysis 2 to console and changed its mind about rights to game, which it is perfectly entitled to do with or without your consent

PEACE OUT ^^
Matt Gammond

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis