"The New Crytek" - I DONT LIKE!

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Sorry if this upcoming rant is going to hurt some of your fanboy feelings, but truth be told, i AM NOT liking where Crytek is headed. May i start off with the new website. My first issue is:

gamesas.com: I know that it is still heavily WIP, but i feel that some more work should have been put into the website before it was launched. The design is okay, but the website itself is very rushed development. We are lacking even a simple edit button, delete post, avatars, bbcode, signatures, and more. I know that this is stuff that will be fixed in the near future and Crytek wanted the website up for E3, but i really feel like an extra two weeks would have done this website a miracle. Now on to my next issue with Crytek this month.

Crysis 2 E3 Press Conference Gameplay: While i am certainly amazed by how much the story telling and content is improved, something is still lacking from Crysis 2 to make me really go "OMGZ, BEST GAME EVAAAAA". The consolitis is truly scaring the **** out of me. The Pinger Attack and the hype Crytek made behind it truthfully, was quite boring. I see now the new improvements to the AI and that looks good now, and the Tactical Mode thermal vision is NICE, but the level designing.... meh. Something very lacking about the level designing, but it just might be the Alpha Textures that need some serious working on. It looks like a big Halo 3 remake, but it is only a small segment, so i will withhold judgement on that note. Something about the way Crysis 2 has been presented so far though, just doesnt feel right. I did see the lean function back again though, so that is a plus. However i hate to say this, but i might not even buy Crysis 2. My reason for this will be shown next....

Codename: Kingdoms: Xbox360? This was a GIANT kick in the balls from Crytek. I have been following Crytek's external projects very closely and i was hyped up for this, but seriously? Us PC gamers just got kicked in the nuts! How many blwjobs did Bill Gate$ and his company Micro $oft D1ck, have to give you for you to make it an exlusive? You have said over and over again Crytek, that PC is "First".... You are lying straght to the publics face! This was a huge kick in the balls and this almost makes me certain that Crysis 2 will be nothing but a console port and nothing more. This is not the Crytek i once knew and loved, and honestly, im not going to take this ****. I am seriously on the fence with Crysis 2, and unless i see substantial effort to make the game a great PC title, i will not buy it. Seriously Crytek, you need to rethink your image... I was hoping that E3 would be great, but it turned out EXACTLY the opposite. I will stop here as its getting very long and the little kiddies you brought in likely wont read much more than this. DISCUSS!

-Talon.
Lavender Brown

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:48 am

remind me again how Kingdoms will be 360 exclusive? and exactly how does a developer being bad make a great game bad?

I personaly dont like Microsoft for what it is, but for their products, so if the game is good, then maybe Ill just buy it with a 360 slim, but I really doubt that.

I think Crytek is experimenting with Kingdoms to see how much of a profit they can bring from an exclusive, because APPARENTLY PC failed there?
Rex Help

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:27 am

That Codename: Crapdoms was a kick in the nuts. Hopefully they show some better footage than the pinger fight, it was ok but the the mechanics of it didn't look to have much with it (it looked very dumbed down). Hopefully the site gets up to speed soon.
Makenna Nomad

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:51 pm

Here's my opinion(if it matters) Its money and hype. The first game brought great hype among console gamers because they wanted the game. So now that its been two years crytek will release crysis 2 to all consoles for maximum profit because right now this game is running on hype. Regardless i am going to buy it because i loved crysis: warhead and personally believe Crysis 2 will be great. But it comes down to the first public gameplay. Because maybe like LOTR: Conquest, the game will fail. But i hope not.
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:47 pm

Thanks Talon95; like I have been saying consoles are not good. They are destroying Crysis 2. And like I have been saying the consoles destroy every game they get. C2 will be the same and Crytek will lose money because they hate PC gamers; I know many will simply torrent
natalie mccormick

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:55 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/14/codename-kingdoms-crytek-exclusive/

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705459/Codename-Kingdoms-Announced.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1097014p1.html

Proof of being a 360 exlusive.

[quote]remind me again how Kingdoms will be 360 exclusive? and exactly how does a developer being bad make a great game bad?

I personaly dont like Microsoft for what it is, but for their products, so if the game is good, then maybe Ill just buy it with a 360 slim, but I really doubt that.

I think Crytek is experimenting with Kingdoms to see how much of a profit they can bring from an exclusive, because APPARENTLY PC failed there?[/quote]

Crysis 2 is showing signs of consolism, which is why i said the developer being bad is dragging this good franchise into the dirt. And i see no reason why this type of game wouldnt work on PC... I am a huge fan of the TV show Spartacus, and i want some gladiator slaying action.
Stephanie I

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:43 am

I dont think crytek will lose money over that. I think they make even more money by moving to consoles.

Crysis 1 being my first PC shooter game, I was amazed to see the opening scene and thinking how real this game looked.
The openess of the jungle, being able to move freely around and using different methods to complete a mission is what truly impressed me.
I am being optimistic about Crysis 2 and I truly hope they impress us, PC gamers.
Sarah Evason

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:30 pm

Hey, this is a business and right now the consoles are where the money is, so don't give them crap about wanting to make a profit. I am a bit saddened that their new game won't be on PC (at least at first) but nothing I can do about it - they made a deal wit hMS for the exclusivity, just like they did with Epic and the Gears franchise.
As long as they aren't giving us crappy, half-assed and unoptimized PC ports - I'll be happy and wishing them the millions of sales they deserve.
Alyna

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:27 am

Yes, we loyal fans tend to forget about the main engine powering these game developers, money.

On PC, it is really easy to pirate a game even the average joe sixpack can do. On a console, it requires a mod chip that is very risky and voids the warranty.
The community of SC4 was kicked in the falls when EA decided to release a crap game with the Simcity name. Then a company by the name of Monte Cristo came and developed a MMO called Cities XL that proved to be a financial failure. Again, that showed that city planning games do not generate enough money and its very risky to invest in that genre.
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:40 pm

Crytek has been giving the community big kicks in the balls lately.

Far Cry (2004)= PC
Crysis (2007)= PC
Crysis Warhead (2008)= PC
Crysis 2 (ETA2010)= PC, Xbox360, PlayStation 3
Codename: Kingdome (ETA TBA)= Xbox360

Get my drift?

Crysis 3 (ETA TBA)= Console only?
Nathan Barker

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:38 pm

[quote]Crytek has been giving the community big kicks in the balls lately.

Far Cry (2004)= PC
Crysis (2007)= PC
Crysis Warhead (2008)= PC
Crysis 2 (ETA2010)= PC, Xbox360, PlayStation 3
Codename: Kingdome (ETA TBA)= Xbox360

Get my drift?

Crysis 3 (ETA TBA)= Console only?[/quote]
No no no, Crysis 3 will be Wii only.
Kirsty Wood

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:51 am

If MS or Sony pay them to make it an exclusive - yes. But more and more devs are spreading out to other platforms so I wouldn't be worried about that if I were you.

As long as there is some profit in making a PC port they will keep making them. Remember how they were bragging how easy it is to make a game for all platforms on their engine? If it's easier, that means it will be cheaper too = more profit from the sales they get.

Don't panic just yet, it's too early. Just enjoy the moment, their games, support them and when the time comes - bich about ****, but don't be a whiny little bich until then. You'll be giving your fellow PC gamers a bad name :)
Rich O'Brien

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:27 pm

Meh. Crytek has been failing constantly and I'm getting pretty sick of it. Has anyone even seen the newest gameplay video from E3? IT CRASHED.

I'm definitley going to buy Crysis 2. But this Codename: Kingdom bull? Come on...

And on a personal note, if there is one thing I hate, it's developers who just leave a game series for something completely new. Just friggin annoying.
KU Fint

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:13 pm

[quote]Meh. Crytek has been failing constantly and I'm getting pretty sick of it. Has anyone even seen the newest gameplay video from E3? IT CRASHED.

I'm definitley going to buy Crysis 2. But this Codename: Kingdom bull? Come on...

And on a personal note, if there is one thing I hate, it's developers who just leave a game series for something completely new. Just friggin annoying.[/quote]

Agreed.
Noraima Vega

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:12 am

Yeah I guess they are headed to a more console orientated company, but as long as we show support, they won't give up on PC.
Tom Flanagan

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:48 am

It's gonna svck on 360 I think. The demo on 360 and ps3 looked like crap too me (no offense console doods). They better not go like IW did and totally forget about the PC gamers that got their series to what it is today. It's good though if you think about it. Bringing it to console can up sales meaning more Crysis games in the future (and more of crytek of course). As long as they don't forget us PC gamers, I'm sure Crytek will be fine.
cheryl wright

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:04 am

I was talking about crysis 2 just so you know lol.
Elina

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:46 pm

Ah yes, the game will most likely end up as just another crumbled piece of paper in Crytek's corporate recycle bin after a year or two...
Sara Johanna Scenariste

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:44 pm

totally in agreement with the OP - i mean really, if you hadda told me the crysis 2 e3 vid was actually some new halo game, then i would just about believe you... and that's not a good sign
..xX Vin Xx..

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:06 pm

Seriously Crytek, how many blwjobs DID Microsoft give you for the exclusivity? I foresee the game failing already, and PC gamers who own an Xbox have all told me they are not buying it.

Good luck with 8 year old crying babies Crytek, we know you can handle it... I was seriously hyped up after I heard the domain names being taken and the trademarks, but now I'm really pissed off.

Remember your god damn roots, or your games will fail! Crysis 2 looks like transformers mixed with Halo and a little Killzone... Common.... Be innovatice! This isn't the innovative Crytek we love! I'm warning you Crytek, Crysis 2 is many players last chance with you. Do NOT let this franchise and company get neck high in Consolitis manure...please!

Oh and by the way for those of you that don't know already:

There is an E3 video of Crysis 2 on PC. You will not be happy. It was laggy as hell, didn't look nearly as good as we expected, and it crashed to the desktop after the amazingly long time of... 3 minutes! Welcome to the real world, optimists... Crysis 2 has the priority on console. :(
Sara Lee

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:59 pm

talon is butt hurt
Taylor Bakos

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:56 pm

[quote]talon is butt hurt[/quote]

first 760 now this. i feel bad for the poor chap.
Rebekah Rebekah Nicole

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:04 am

[quote][quote]talon is butt hurt[/quote]

first 760 now this. i feel bad for the poor chap.[/quote]

Lolls. I got kicked, came back, then left on my own for good. :)

I'm just highly frustrated at the **** pile Crytek is headed, and I'm disappointed after trusting them.
LuBiE LoU

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:51 pm

I say that we wait for more information and maybe some multiplayer video before we make any conclusions. Also, do you have a link to the Crysis 2 PC video?
Laurenn Doylee

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:46 am

The focus to develop for consoles was most likely done for two reasons. EA, and the fact that the combined sales of the game on the 360 and PS3 will be ahead of the PC. (i.e More Money)

Studios don't stay aloft via the wings of imagination, and the prayers of rabid fan-boys. They need to sell games, not just impress us with visuals are computers can't even run.
le GraiN

Next

Return to Crysis