"The New Crytek" - I DONT LIKE!

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:00 am

Hmm.....

A bit of time is passing....and i keep my mouth shut. Now is over!

Seems to be that Crytek wont work further on this Site and Forum!

I dont like all of it and want al real Site and no Kiddy Test Site.

At launch i think they are kidding us all with this ugly little thing but sadly it is no joke.......thats our new Forum.........!!!!

Hope the Game Design is much better than this.
Ann Church

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:50 pm

[quote]Hmm.....

At launch i think they are kidding us all with this ugly little thing but sadly it is no joke.......thats our new Forum.........!!!!

Hope the Game Design is much better than this.[/quote]
Derp.
Katy Hogben

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:13 pm

[quote]Hmm.....

Hope the Game Design is much better than this.[/quote]

How patient are you? It's only been a few weeks. Jeez. There have been some improvements already. The ones I've seen so far is that we can bump topics now, along with that, the site is much faster for me. There's more to come.

This is probably what the final layout will look like, whether you like it or not. Either adapt or just leave, it's your decision.
TOYA toys

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:18 am

It hasn't even been 2 weeks since the site went live. As it's been mentioned a couple of times in various other "suggestions" threads, there are of course many more improvements and features to come.

Your patience is appreciated :)
Nadia Nad

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:53 pm

[quote]
.....or your games will fail! Crysis 2 looks like transformers mixed with Halo and a little Killzone... Common.... Be innovatice! ([/quote]

no hulk against iron man with armour and vertical gameplay on new york .... essentially is a Marvel strip comic

XBOX, PS3 or PC as format for the game business is a suicide especially on Multiplayer
CSar L

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:28 am

Improvements? Where? Site is faster....ohhh....this is for sure an improvement.......why was it slow at beginning?

Sorry if my feelings about this Site are different to other people....perhaps its a Generation Conflict.

And thx Sahdev_92....i should leave u mean.....oh ur so nice, sweety.
Tammie Flint

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:10 pm

[quote]Improvements? Where? Site is faster....ohhh....this is for sure an improvement.......why was it slow at beginning?

Sorry if my feelings about this Site are different to other people....perhaps its a Generation Conflict.

And thx Sahdev_92....i should leave u mean.....oh ur so nice, sweety.[/quote]

Crytek has their own personal accounts now, and you can bump threads. It was slow at the beginning because Crytek was moving stuff from the test server to the main server, and this was while people were bombarding the website for the sign up benefits.
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:10 am

Previously, I saw a lack of PC titles on stock shelves, the main reason given, >>not by me<< was, Piracy. so then we saw things such as steam introduced, and guess what now we have more titles for PC, I dont wish to get into a discussion about who could do what in respect of piracy, or the ongoing trend. But I do have High hopes for the New Game Crysis 2, and I hope it will be a great experience for all players, on all platforms,,,,,,, it took so long to read all the comments, but one thing seems clear, they are based on a few screenshots and trailers......and for the very talented people that have passed comments,, ok, but I will still wait and see. The thing is,,, I dont Imagine for one min that this thread as a whole, will have too much impact on the finished product. so infact, I feel it was a wast of my time to read all of the comments, indeed I found them almost competative at times............ like I said , I hope its a Fantastic game for us all. to those who are so dissapointed, well, you dont actually have to buy it. But I Will :D
Leticia Hernandez

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:34 pm

I say we reserve our judgement and give Crytek the opportunity to develop the final release before hammering them, should that be necessary. So far we aren't even 100% sure the footage shown at E3 was for PC, if it was then the graphics are indeed shocking, but if it was on console they would be close to the best. Also the game is still in development, the graphics might still improve.
Also, nobody can expect Crytek to remain exlusive to just the PC. They are a company and function to make a profit not just satisfy customers, if they need to create games for consoles to do this, i see no reason to bich at them.

I'll admit the battle with the pinger was a bit unimpressive though :S

Anyway, Crytek have assured us that the PC release will be equivalent or better looking than the previous Crysis's and will NOT just be a port, I'm inclined to believe them until i have the game in my hands to make proper judgement.
LittleMiss

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:54 am

i hope a reason they are not showing of crysis 2 gameplay on pc is to suprise everyone when they finially do show it off on pc or at least i hope...
Georgine Lee

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:56 am

[quote]I say we reserve our judgement and give Crytek the opportunity to develop the final release before hammering them, should that be necessary. So far we aren't even 100% sure the footage shown at E3 was for PC, if it was then the graphics are indeed shocking, but if it was on console they would be close to the best. Also the game is still in development, the graphics might still improve.
Also, nobody can expect Crytek to remain exlusive to just the PC. They are a company and function to make a profit not just satisfy customers, if they need to create games for consoles to do this, i see no reason to bich at them.

I'll admit the battle with the pinger was a bit unimpressive though :S

Anyway, Crytek have assured us that the PC release will be equivalent or better looking than the previous Crysis's and will NOT just be a port, I'm inclined to believe them until i have the game in my hands to make proper judgement.[/quote] Yup, what u said, exaclty!!
Brian Newman

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:29 am

i dont like the new site. the forums are weird now and the text is so small (bad colour of text too)
James Smart

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:04 am

Well, I really don't know what you've expected. Crytek [b]is[/b] a company that wants to make money. And they aren't the only studio who are making exclusives, they're even known for making Exclusives (Crysis, Crysis Warhead) On the other hand, they might be developing another PS3 or PC exclusive? Or maybe another Multiplattform game? Noone knows. There's much more going on behind the scense. And so far, noone can tell how Kingdoms is going to turn out. And personally I've to see some more about Crysis 2. I'm impressed by the Art and the graphics but I need to see more of the freedom and the AI. And of course Multiplayer, which is one of the biggest buy reasons. If I don't like it I'll blame it on Sam, he said it's great!
Elea Rossi

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:48 pm

try this one:

Microsoft claims renewed PC focus

Though PC gaming did not feature in Microsoft's E3 press conferences, the tech giant has been telling journalists that it's once again supporting its original platform.
According an internal mail discovered by consumer gaming site Kotaku, it seems Microsoft's PRs are pre-prepared with an answer to queries on whether the recently-announced Windows version of Fable III signals a renewed investment in PC gaming.
The official response to such a question reads: "In terms of revenue, Windows is far and away the largest gaming platform in the world, so it's an incredibly important part of Microsoft's business. From core games like Fable III to casual, social and Facebook titles, more gaming happens on Windows than anywhere else.
"Windows 7 is a world-class gaming platform, and you can bet Microsoft has a vested interest in using it as a platform for amazing first party content. Fable III on Windows as well as Xbox 360 this holiday is a great first step, and we'll have more news for you later this summer."
Whether this really does signal a widespread Microsoft return to PC gaming remains to be seen. It has made similar pledges in the past, most recently with the Games For Windows Live multiplayer, social networking and digital distribution platform. This was received poorly by PC gamers, despite a number of redesigns.
Despite a tradition of industry doom-saying, PC gaming remains a major earner. Social network game FarmVille enjoys over 80 million users, while Bobby Kotick recently revealed that "non-console-based games" provide around 70% of Activision's profit.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/microsoft-claims-renewed-pc-focus

No my friends PC is so far from dead...
barbara belmonte

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:49 pm

TY :D
louise tagg

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:18 am

Just give it some time guys, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will a great site. Give them some time and they will make some changes, for now just wait :P
emily grieve

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:43 am

@Talon, Don't forget that Far Cry released multiple times on different consoles with new expansions, so this is no break from the norm. On the contrary, it is a return to it. In the game development industry, there is a saying "Don't marry your product" which just means that the industry and games in general are always evolving and you have to be open to change. After all, intelligence is defined by your ability to adapt to a changing environment.

Video games are not made to give your life purpose, instead they are there to give us a break from work or school, allow us to spend some time with friends and recharge. So break down and spend the 200 dollars on a 360, get Codename: Kingdoms and we'll party up and kick some @$$!
Marcia Renton

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:11 pm

So I left for awhile and came back but nothing seems to have been improved :(
sarah

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:33 am

i think "exclusivity" is retarded. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TECHNOLOGY IS FULLY CAPABLE OF SUPPORTING OTHER PLATFORMS.

Also, why doesnt microsoft just make a mouse and keyboard controle for the xbox? that would get them at least a few million new clients.
Devils Cheek

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:36 pm

[quote]i think "exclusivity" is retarded. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TECHNOLOGY IS FULLY CAPABLE OF SUPPORTING OTHER PLATFORMS.

Also, why doesnt microsoft just make a mouse and keyboard controle for the xbox? that would get them at least a few million new clients.[/quote]
For myself personally, my living room is not really conductive of a mouse and keyboard environment. The only surface there is a low coffee table which would kill my back in about 20 minutes!

Maybe other people have a better setup, but I don't think a mouse and keyboard would really work for my home on a console.
Alisha Clarke

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:10 am

You people are all retards. Crysis 2 Pinger Battle and Central station Gameplay Are Amazing! Can't wait to play them levels in the Full Game!
Kelsey Anna Farley

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:43 am

Can we please try and cull the name calling and abuse towards others please? :)
Captian Caveman

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:25 am

[quote]Can we please try and cull the name calling and abuse towards others please? :)[/quote]
i think that is a good idea as discussed in other topics
thank you for saying that shinanigans :)
Robert Jr

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:23 pm

[quote] Also, why doesnt microsoft just make a mouse and keyboard controle for the xbox? that would get them at least a few million new clients [/quote]
you can use any usb keyboard.
Rachyroo

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:46 am

you gotta give crytek some time and play the game yourself before going all balistic,i think the level design is fine and the gameplay is awesome !and please stop this consolitis bull, its pissing me off and makes you sound imature

But i agree with you on the codename kindoms issue, its a giant kick in the ..... with a punch in the nose!but hey im not realy into that medival stuff
Joey Bel

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis