Things you miss from previous fallout games that wasnt inclu

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:00 am

Turn-based gameplay.

The actual real Fallout mechanics. The original weapons and damage system. A PC not Player skill base.

Damage types and corresponding resistance levels for armor. For example, fire, electricity, bullets, plasma, etc. being a specific type of damage and certain armors being better at resisting certain types than others. (From FO1/2)

Made Man :P

Node based world map - FO3 and FONV seem too scrunched up like amusemant parks (FO3 especially). It works for TES where it's more believable for a fantasy game to be more localized with shorter distances between towns. The "open world" concept is way overrated.

Everything else I could do without, but things that would've been nice:
Multiple companions, though I understand the need for the limit because they would make you too powerful in FO3/FONV.
The Highwayman.
Groin shots.
Wanamingos.
Boxing quest.
pormstar quest.

All of these. Except wanamingos, they're dead and were tough as [censored] to kill anyway.
Madison Poo

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:51 pm

Random mini-encounters from F03. Never know exactly were or when they'll happen. (Uncle Leo anyone)?
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:46 am

The ability to aim for the eyes or groin in Fallout and Fallout 2.
Paul Rice

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:08 am

All of these. Except wanamingos, they're dead and were tough as [censored] to kill anyway.

Their toughness is what I liked about them!

Sure they're extinct according to canon, but if they can be created once they can be created twice.
Kitana Lucas

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:19 am

I would prefer a map system more like in Borderlands, but different. the map node system, IMO, is outdated and too slow-paced and withdrawn from interaction.

Nonsense. With fast travel we have a load screen interrupting gameplay (or you can run from place to place which is even slower). The only differences between fast travel and the node system are an Indiana-Jones-esque map montage, a realistic sense of time and distance, and awesome random encounters. The node system creates MORE interaction because of the random encounters.

Also, Borderlands is even worse as far as the amusemant park feel. It works for that game because it doesn't take itself seriously. Not so for Fallout, which is much more gritty.
JaNnatul Naimah

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:05 am

Good point, if we do go back to the node system, the individual nodes had better be pretty extensive.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:49 am

Map-Node system
Lots of different cities (loved that in F2)
Turn-based combat
The real 10mm pistol
Eye and groin shots
Military time... and time actually coorolating with real time
Better control over resting time (i.e. I could wait every 5 minutes)
Harold (damn you Bethesda)
I could go on.
brenden casey

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:34 am

Some people should probably just go back to playing Fallout 1 and 2 methinks.

I miss not having more skills to choose from, even if the skills come in more handy in New Vegas.
priscillaaa

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:24 am

Three Dog. Mr.New Vegas sounds like he is trying to seduce me over the radio. Also super mutants those were fun to kill in NV the only semi decent non creature to kill are fiends and they get boring after awhile.
mike

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:24 am

Three Dog. Mr.New Vegas sounds like he is trying to seduce me over the radio.

Three Dog sounded like he was stalking me and was going to [censored] me.

I don't see much improvement with M.NV though.
Jinx Sykes

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:35 am

I miss the abandoned vehicles that always exploded in Fallout 3. There were some really fun chain reactions to be made. It was also fun to shoot a car that was in front of a group of enemies. By the time they got near the car, it exploded, killing them in the process.
Sunny Under

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:03 pm

I miss having my own house (not a just a suite or room), like the one in Megaton that I could get themes and useful equipment for, or just decorate however I like. I also miss followers that would only accomany you if you were evil (Jericho and Clover).
Michael Korkia

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:32 am

Node system simply destroy the sense of exploration and saw off half the content. I am fine with the old scale world map where cities or dungeon entry is relatively small, but once player enter them they become 1:1 with the player.
Rachel Hall

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:05 am

Three Dog sounded like he was stalking me and was going to [censored] me.

I don't see much improvement with M.NV though.

At least I never felt like Three Dog was directly hitting on me. "Have you EVER been in love with a celebrity? Come on, you dont have to be shy, I feel it between us too."

-Mentally hears the WW sound-
-Steps back from RNV and runs out of the Mojave- :cryvaultboy:
Phoenix Draven

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:25 am

I miss the abandoned vehicles that always exploded in Fallout 3. There were some really fun chain reactions to be made. It was also fun to shoot a car that was in front of a group of enemies. By the time they got near the car, it exploded, killing them in the process.

You mean the continuity breaking exploding cars?
Scott

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:17 am

Please dont start one of THESE. :banghead:
Genevieve

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:24 am

The cars were great, but I actually stumbled across one the other day. So they still exist in NV.
Saul C

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Random encounters for sure. Why'd they take them out?
Effective explosives and opening doors w/ explosives
FO3 Reavers, those crazy bullet sponges, I loved the challenge.
All the great traits they left out, why'd we get so few?
Aiming for the eye and groin.
Grifter's fit from Point Look Out
Some of the traders likey Lucky

and

Not Moria.
A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:59 am

Sure they're extinct according to canon, but if they can be created once they can be created twice.

That is if someone finds the research data, get's the correct resources and equipment for it and has a reason for doing it.
Which is very unlikely.
luis ortiz

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:53 am

That is if someone finds the research data, get's the correct resources and equipment for it and has a reason for doing it.
Which is very unlikely.

I think I would actually like to see their return as well, yes they were difficult but a great challange.
My first play of FO2 I had no clue which path to take, so I ended up in redding at level 5+ with a hunting rifle and 10mm;
Thought clearing out mines sounds fun, realised how tough they were and preceded to form a tactic and level up fast by using them as target dummies.
If only I also realised that FO2 did not have the same time limit as FO1 did, I would have finished with that character and not restarted when the loco witch doctor popped up telling me time was runing out.

I think with the Beth / obsidian engine I personally would love to see what they looked like and what abilities they could be given.
Darren Chandler

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:59 am

Reno. Ahh, the days of man-whoring.
Dina Boudreau

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:19 pm

I think I would actually like to see their return as well, yes they were difficult but a great challange.
I think with the Beth / obsidion engine I personally would love to see what they looked like and what abilities they could be given.

I just don't see the reason for it though.
Why can't they finally rest?
Why can't something actually die out in the fallout universe? (Super mutants and Enclave for example... <_< )

I loved wannamingos but I'd hate to bring them back.
If they went extinct then they went extinct.
And bringing them back now would solely be for fan-service, which would be crap writing and game design.

*sigh*

I miss those tentacly bastards, I really do.
But all good things must come to an end. /Put's on some Nelly Furtado.
Jamie Moysey

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:16 am

Indeed...
http://plusxp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/fallout1junktown.jpg
Look at Junktown it had a wall made of cars! It never blew up in a giant nuclear cloud the first raider attack...
Sierra Ritsuka

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:35 am

Random encounters for sure. Why'd they take them out?
Effective explosives and opening doors w/ explosives
FO3 Reavers, those crazy bullet sponges, I loved the challenge.
All the great traits they left out, why'd we get so few?
Aiming for the eye and groin.
Grifter's fit from Point Look Out
Some of the traders likey Lucky

and

Not Moria.

You mean Moira? Am I the only one that liked Moira? I mean, sure, as a merchant in the later levels she was practically useless, but I liked her as a character. Probably one of the nicest, least madcap of all in the characters in the Fallout universe.
Katy Hogben

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:39 am

I just don't see the reason for it though.
Why can't they finally rest?
Why can't something actually die out in the fallout universe? (Super mutants and Enclave for example... <_< )

I loved wannamingos but I'd hate to bring them back.
If they went extinct then they went extinct.
And bringing them back now would solely be for fan-service, which would be crap writing and game design.

*sigh*

I miss those tentacly bastards, I really do.
But all good things must come to an end. /Put's on some Nelly Furtado.

:rofl: Very true, how's about a compromise...
We kill off the annoying repeat offenders like BoS, Enclave, supermutants, dogs ( dogmeat and robo dogs ) and ghouls that really svck and have nothing to do with FO at all and...
Bring back Wannamingos and make sure they're officially known as aliens, then give them laser beams, and give deathclaws big foam fingers and speech.

Seriously I can't see the reason for bringing them back either, but as this is a fantasy wish list, by god I'm going to make sure everyone demands they're in the top postion of wants.
mishionary

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout: New Vegas