Things you miss from previous fallout games that wasnt inclu

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:11 am

:rofl: Very true, how's about a compromise...
We kill off the annoying repeat offenders like BoS, Enclave, supermutants, dogs ( dogmeat, and robo dogs ) and ghouls that really svck and have nothing to do with FO at all and...
Bring back Wannamingos and make sure they're officially known as aliens, then give them laser beams, and give deathclaws big foam fingers and speech.

Seriously I can't see the reason for bringing them back either, but as this is a fantasy wish list, by god I'm going to make sure everyone demands they're in the top postion of wants.

Well, if wannamingos weren't extinct then yes, oh my god yes I would want them in New Vegas.
But BOS, SM's and Enclave should just die out already! >_<
Damn those clingy bastards still hanging on to the series by a thread. :ahhh:
Emilie Joseph

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:37 am

Well, if wannamingos weren't extinct then yes, oh my god yes I would want them in New Vegas.
But BOS, SM's and Enclave should just die out already! >_<
Damn those clingy bastards still hanging on to the series by a thread. :ahhh:

I agree with the Enclave part, but Fallout isn't Fallout without the Brotherhood and Super Mutants.
Danel

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:39 am

I agree with the Enclave part, but Fallout isn't Fallout without the Brotherhood and Super Mutants.

But they're dying out.
It's bad storytelling IMO to say that super mutants can't reproduce and then never have them finally kick the bucket.
And BOS is already in a decline, the only one's that are successful are the "rouge" factions. Lyons and Mid-western.
So the original BOS is dying out and if they're dying out, that means that at some point they should actually be finished.
Bee Baby

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:01 am

At least I never felt like Three Dog was directly hitting on me. "Have you EVER been in love with a celebrity? Come on, you dont have to be shy, I feel it between us too."

-Mentally hears the WW sound-
-Steps back from RNV and runs out of the Mojave- :cryvaultboy:

I did say there was'nt much improvement, But at least M.New Vegas was polite and not STALKING me everywhere such as Three Dog.. He just seemed like a rapist and a stalker.

God I shot him dead.
maya papps

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:07 am

Random encounters and the eerie voice of Ron Perlman telling you about your death.
Je suis

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:41 am

OH, They totally should have had Ron Pearlman narrating over your slow-mo death.
Leanne Molloy

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:08 pm

OH, They totally should have had Ron Pearlman narrating over your slow-mo death.

"As your soul leaves its mortal shell you realize that crapping one’s pants upon death is not a tribal urban legend." :fallout:
Manuel rivera

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:09 pm

"As your soul leaves its mortal shell you realize that crapping one’s pants upon death is not a tribal urban legend." :fallout:

"As the finishing blow struck you, your quest had come.. to an end.."
BRIANNA

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:28 pm

Indeed...
http://plusxp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/fallout1junktown.jpg
Look at Junktown it had a wall made of cars! It never blew up in a giant nuclear cloud the first raider attack...

Not only that, but it doesn't make much sense. The cars are powered by microfusion cells, why do they burst into flames, and explode?
Bigze Stacks

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:30 am

:biggrin:
"As your final breath gurgles from the stump of your bloody neck, blinking the lids on your decapited head you realise..."
"Taking on a Deathclaw with a rolling pin was not a good idea. "
scorpion972

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:59 am

I for one just can't believe the pre-war shadow wouldn't keep coming back like a plauge.

And yes, it wouldn't be Fallout without Super Mutants and Power-armour dudes; as far as Fallout lore stands, we don't have much option: BoS, rouge BoS, Enclave, rouge Enclave.
Andrew Perry

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:19 am

Not only that, but it doesn't make much sense. The cars are powered by microfusion cells, why do they burst into flames, and explode?

Radiation magic! :D
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:11 pm

Because Bethesda wanted it :down:
JAY

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:01 pm

Turn based combat?

I miss the sense of urgency, Vault 13, the Navaro Sargent, custom titles and more mature content.
Breautiful

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:54 pm

Turn based combat?

I miss the sense of urgency, Vault 13, the Navaro Sargent, custom titles and more mature content.

Curveballs On Phoenix

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:12 am

I'd also like the original Hoover Dam that had Trogs.
Hell, I'd like Trogs even if they're not at Hoover dam
Dan Wright

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:19 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSXJyLaP-4s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upbu3K1cwnI

Yeah, we need those back! :D
Gemma Archer

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Charisma allowing you to have more followers. I can understand it being overpowered, but who wouldnt want to walk around with bbone, arcad, cass, veronica and everyone else. It would make charisma useful.
CORY

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Thats the way it was in the originals, I have 5 (the max) followers in FO2 right now, thanks to 8 charisma and magnetic personality.
AnDres MeZa

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:49 pm

I actually have two things i really miss. The first being the Raiders i mean yeah they was a pain in the ass in FO3 at times but i miss the fact that they could be around any corner,the majority of foes in NV are creatures in the wasteland. Lets face it the Fiends just dont quite cut it as being raiders there not really organised they svck as a faction.Second of all dogmeat not the dopey useless fallout 3 dogmeat the fallout dogmeat reliable and wacky,Rex is okay but no where close to dogmeat by my standards.

Okay so you get the idea, dunno if this has been done but im betting money on it has.

Oddly enough I miss the Fallout 2 theme song... Fallout 3 re-played "maybe" the theme from Fallout 1 but "Kiss to build a dream on" hasn't been brought back...
DAVId MArtInez

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:49 am

Ask the people of Prypiat ...
Emily Rose

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Thats the way it was in the originals, I have 5 (the max) followers in FO2 right now, thanks to 8 charisma and magnetic personality.

Sometimes they're helpful but in FO2 in the last quest I was devastated by the high loss factor even when they were maxed out equipment wise.
I kept my characters lisbian wife alive for the entire game, found a kink to spare her from the traps only to have her one shotted by in a area that I thought was clear.
Despite her being equiped with one of the power armour variants.

So if it ever makes a come back, I hope they have it that some can't be told to wait so at some point you face loosing someone permenantly.
kasia

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:17 pm

I never had a problem end game with them...hardened PA and APA while I used the Mk2 version. Unless your talking about them going in the oil rig with you...IIRC you can leave them in the end room and pick them up again for the Horrigan fight. I also usually turn the defense system and the elite squad that hates him on him aswell.

I have Sulik, Cassidy, Vic, and Marcus rolling with me right now. (I had Myron but dropped him off so I can get Skynet. )
They have been invaluable in keeping me alive. I'm playing with the latest Fallout 2 restoration project so you get some nasty encounters early in.
Mario Alcantar

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:30 pm

:rofl: I was refering to that, and I realised my mistake afterwards.
I lost 2 to enclave and three to leaving them somewhere in the middle of the rig.
Marcus bit it first going down like a hero, Vic, cassidy and Sulik lost wondering if I was coming back for them at some point.

I love first playthroughs, as mistakes are by far the best way to learn imo.
Nikki Hype

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:24 pm

I too miss the exploding nuclear cars from Fallout 3.
Nothing better than a bunch of Super Mutants chasing you...only for you to lure the stupid things right into a parking lot full of cars....and blow the trap.
Kim Bradley

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout: New Vegas