Unofficial "Can My PC Run Skyrim?" Thread

Post » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:36 am

i'm sure it could if i knew how. i do know i could fry eggs on it while playing Bad Company 2.

Max turbo frequency = 2.66
Steven Hardman

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Save the money from liquid cooling and buy an i7-based rig instead.

Or buy watercooling and OC the crap out of the current CPU xD
(I have a custom loop and I love it)
Clea Jamerson

Post » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:13 am

Looks like we've reached the thread limit.
Joanne

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Thank you for the reply. I don't think i will be able to change my pc before next early year. What do you suggest? can i play to skyrim with minimum settings?

It's not a 310, at least, which would (IMO) be a total waste of time to try with. I'll have to review the balance of the system to say more; I think that the first comment you've gotten is an exaggeration, however. It's one of the borderline cards nVIDIA started selling, in between a low end business card and a Mainline gaming card, and in what I would consider a balanced system should be able to allow its user two "Low" ranks and one Medium out of the three that graphics performance affects. At comparatively low screen resolutions, and low image quality settings, it will still manage decent (Medium) animation frame rates. Personally, I don't encourage game players to rely on laptops because of so many short-comings, such as less freedom to choose resolutions, so that at Medium Resolutions, you end up with the low image quality, as well as frame rates that aren't really good enough.

When I have a moment, I'll backtrack your initial question to confirm this estimation. Well, I don't try to keep up with CPU numbers, and you didn't say what the base core speed was for that one . . so I'm in the dark.
Poetic Vice

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Post limit.
~Sylvia~

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim