Unofficial list of Stewards

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 pm

So what happens to your normal housecarl if you appoint another as the steward? Do they still hang around?

One of the wikis pointed out there were bugs related to hired followers (mercenaries) being steward, so that would explain the variation of responses with Erik the Slayer and Marcurio.

Lastly, if you're not happy with the lack of Beast race characters, that's what the creation kit is for.

The housecarl was appointed for the house, nothing happens to them, they still protect your property, whether you have a steward or not.
electro_fantics

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:52 pm

here's another link. It seems the list in the OP post is missing a steward: Aela the Huntress from the Companions.

http://orcz.com/Skyrim_Hearthfire:_Personal_Steward
Heather Kush

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 am

here's another link. It seems the list in the OP post is missing a steward: Aela the Huntress from the Companions.

http://orcz.com/Skyrim_Hearthfire:_Personal_Steward

Aela is right below Vilkas on the list, where she has always been. Adelaisa Vendicci is missing from both lists in the OP despite someone confirming on the first page she can be a steward.
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:57 am

I could not get Annekke Crag Jumper to be my steward. No dialogue.

EDIT: Apparently she has to be following you and be at the homestead. She's my new steward. Now I have to make a mod to change her outfit.
Jessica Raven

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:48 am

I could not get Annekke Crag Jumper to be my steward. No dialogue.

EDIT: Apparently she has to be following you and be at the homestead. She's my new steward. Now I have to make a mod to change her outfit.

All potential stewards except your new housecarls have to be following you and be at the homestead you want them to be steward for, there is not other way to get them there than for them to be your follower. The houasecarls are already there so they will volunteer to be steward if you do not already have one.

I play on the Xbox 360 and did not think much of a grotty miner being steward, that was when I worked out she would not keep equipped what you gave her to wear as a follower. That and she took off never to be seen again as soon as she was made steward of Heljarchen Hall, never asked her again.
..xX Vin Xx..

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:31 am

I just took on Golldir, who became a follower after a 'help' quest. Looks good so far, I'll let you know how he works out.

Does anyone else have him, if so, any issues?

Edit: Ok, I have to say, other than having a combination follower and steward dialog option, Golldir is doing great. He stays at the house, inside and out, sleeps where he is supposed to, and has almost finished decorating/furnishing the entryway. He's a keeper.

Oh, and I like the bench and rugs that we can't put in ourselves, that includes the two under the display cases that I didn't know about, and also no clipping thingy on the wall deco.
Ray

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 am

And Golldir is done with entryway. :biggrin:
JESSE

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 pm

I wish we weren't limited to followers when choosing stewards. Maybe i've been influenced by all the other Jarls, but I always imagine a steward to be a well-dressed citizen, like a Haskill-type butler. There are a number of followers not in armour or mage robes, but none of which wear, by default, the kind of outfit I'd expect my butler to wear... Roggie, Faendal, Sven and Erik probably look better than Anneke and Derkeethus, but still don't quite look the part. In that respect Illia's dark mage robes probably come across as the coolest - at least I can treat her like a court wizard [censored] steward.
Stephanie I

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 am

so question on stewards. If you turn a follower into a steward can you still take them as a follower?

I know Illia is glitchy but I made her a steward and now she can't become a follower anymore. Wasn't to bad but she's out of the armor I put her in and back to wearing robes. :(

On the plus side she wasted NO time decorating when asked. Guess she was afraid I might tell her to go back to the old castle and live with dead witches and spiders.
Jeff Tingler

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 am

so question on stewards. If you turn a follower into a steward can you still take them as a follower?

I know Illia is glitchy but I made her a steward and now she can't become a follower anymore. Wasn't to bad but she's out of the armor I put her in and back to wearing robes. :(

On the plus side she wasted NO time decorating when asked. Guess she was afraid I might tell her to go back to the old castle and live with dead witches and spiders.

Yes, they can still follow you. When following, ask them while inside, and when you leave the house they will (should) revert to the armor you gave them. If not, or you are outside when you tell them to follow you, go to the trade items menu with them and take an item and then give it back, that will 'force' the armor change.

Edit: I have heard of this not working with one of the follower/stewards, not sure which one though. Check some of the other steward threads, I know it's listed in one of them.
evelina c

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Thanks. :)

But I read somewhere Illia when taken as a follower and then dismissed can not taken as a follower again. I can always craft new armor I just liked her in it better then the robe. So your saying try and see if she will follow me when she is inside? Cause the dialog was not even there. :(
Amy Smith

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Thanks. :smile:

But I read somewhere Illia when taken as a follower and then dismissed can not taken as a follower again. I can always craft new armor I just liked her in it better then the robe. So your saying try and see if she will follow me when she is inside? Cause the dialog was not even there. :(

Unless you are playing on the PC, there is no way to get Illia to follow you again, it will not change it is a bug from the vanilla game.
Erich Lendermon

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Unless you are playing on the PC, there is no way to get Illia to follow you again, it will not change it is a bug from the vanilla game.

That stinks, so she IS the one bugged, I couldn't remember for sure.

Thanks. :smile:

Is it too late for you to load a previous save? I hate it when you discover a bug in a NPC chosen as staff or family. Much as I like Vorstag, he has no dialog for the kids, they don't exist for him. I would have chosen differently had I known, but by the time I did, it was way too far back to reload.
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 am

yeah I'm on the PC so I can just set her to follower faction again I guess.
Lawrence Armijo

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim