diseaserattles
diseaserockjoint
diseaserustchancre
diseaseserpiginous
diseasewtichwither
...I would not delete those, could be used by mods

fightstopwitches multiple uses in Player of the Game topic

gameratscript
unused, but sets a variable used as dialog filter local variable, maybe fix dialog could be fixed?

... there may be others, local variables used in dialog filter are pesky to track as they are referred to by index, not by name

main
sorry but... :teehee:

Spoiler

begin Main;*****************************************************;*;*    this script starts when the game is run;*;*****************************************************if ( MenuMode == 0 )	Set Random100 to Random, 101endif

I stop here.
All in all, IMO deleting listed scripts to spare a few bytes is not worth the risk, or at least requires more testing

[EDIT]typos

jason worrell

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:10 am

I've got a quick question. I remember some time ago using the 1.6.5 version of the patch that was supposed to fix the Seven Virtues quest where you would get the locations by reading the book, but the BTB edit fixed some CTD issue with the script running in the book. Anyway, one thing that I found as I played the game was that I no longer could open the book in my inventory. I instead had to drop it in order to read it. I was wondering if that same issue remains present in the latest BTB version or if was ever fixed? Or is this simply by design?

Jacob Phillips

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 pm

I fully agree with this. I thought this project was supposed to fix actual bugs....excess scripts harm nothing and so therefor are not bugs.

Timara White

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:28 am

>Anyway, one thing that I found as I played the game was that I no longer could open the book in my inventory. I instead had to drop it in order to read it. I was wondering if that same issue remains present in the latest BTB version or if was ever fixed? Or is this simply by design?

This happens because with 1.6.5b change, book not open fine, so there is half-fix there. Half-fix, half-bug. This issue should be fixed by MCP, I think. Try to write a request in MCP theme.

Kelly Tomlinson

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:53 am

I'm probably not removing any unused scripts. Maybe that could be implemented in a version of Script Tidy, or some other optimizing mod. It wouldn't save any space at all unless I remove them from Bethesda's .esms. Any change in data is going to make the patch larger. Assigning some scripts to where it's obvious they should have been is certainly a possibility though.

Still procrastinating on this, in case nobody cares to read the OP in the next thread.

I said it in the OP, but 'bug' seems to be used pretty loosely these days. It's a short, convenient word and people are too lazy/uninformed to use other words. I mean, people have reported things they simply don't like but otherwise function correctly as bugs in the past. I wouldn't classify poorly placed objects as proper bugs, excepting perhaps cases where they actually prevent you from completing a task.
Agnieszka Bak

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:11 am

Noone said they should be removed...

So how is the progress on the patch?

Danielle Brown

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:50 pm

I've already reported this thread for the post limit, so please use the new thread.

It was assumed by others that that was the intention of reporting them. I'm just clarifying. To be fair, you didn't give any clear intention and no examples of where they should be used when reporting them.

I just commented on the progress in my last post.
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:07 am

Post limit.

Hairul Hafis

Previous

Return to III - Morrowind