Unofficial Morrowind Patch Thread

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:52 pm

1. Should be, since BTB's mod will load after.
2. I don't see why not.
3. This is the continuation of the MPP.
4. OP says yes.
jess hughes

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 am

Don't know if these have been done already..

- "silver spear_uvenim". This staff's real name is Uvenim's Silver Spear, though it appears as Silver Spear in the game, corrected.
- "silver_staff_dawn_uniq". This staff's real name is Staff of the Silver Dawn, though it appears as Silver Staff in the game
- Royal Guard boots and greaves had diffrent AR value than the rest of the set.
- "Brallion's Exquisite Ring" value 40 should be 240 to match the rest of the exquisite rings.
- Remove items from summoned "Greater Bonewalker", "Grizzly Bear", "Wolf" and "Dremora". Never seen any reason to why summons should carry loot. Just my cup of tea though.
- Fire and Frost Atronach's should use Fire/Frost Shields, just as the Storm Atronach's uses "Shock Shield".
- Put "Blighted" in front of blighted Kwama "Foragers", "Warriors" and "Workers".
- "Bonewolf" and "Bonewolf Summon" have diffrent stats.
- "Kwama Warriors" should have a spell called "Kwama Poison".
- "Alit" should have a spell called "Alit Bite".

You'd probably like to take a look at

Normal Flame/Shard/Viper/Spark Enchantment -- Cruel Flame/Shard/Viper/Spark Enchantment -- Dire Flame/Shard/Viper/Spark Enchantment -- Wild Flame/Shard/Viper/Spark Enchantment as these have diffrent values. Example: Cruel Viper 2-8, Cruel Shard 1-6 etc.. I didn't take those stats from the cs, but there are inconsistencies.

Same thing with the shield spells. Sometimes one are greater than the other. But they should come in this order (barrier/shield/strong shield/fierce shield) and should share the same "protection value" withing the group. In vanilla MW they dont.: Example: Fire Shield 10 points for 30 seconds, Frost Shield 15 points for 30 seconds should be Fire Shield 15 points for 30 seconds, Frost Shield 15 points for 30 seconds to make any sense ... like with my previous example this is not from the cs, just an example of how things can look.
Elina

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:07 am

Wow you just reminded me that I completely forgot to add those to my Blighted Animals mod /blink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />
Thank you!
Manny(BAKE)

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:40 am

Ya I was about to PM you regarding that one! /tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Stephanie I

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:25 am

On summons, the dremora will need its weapon. As for the other items, removing them would make more sense compared to the most other summons, but it would add (admittedly, negligibly) to the file size for something that you shouldn't be able to get anyway. I think it makes more sense for them to have the items though.

I've never seen the storm atronach cast that shield spell, and even if it's the only spell it has, it won't cast it. The damage from elemental shields is practically non-exsistent without mods, and it wouldn't benefit from the elemental damage reduction, unless you were to first lower its resistance. Kwama warriors do have the poison spell, though the blighted ones have spark instead. I don't even... It's either swap spark out or give them both, though I always thought it was odd that they cast spark; it doesn't seem fitting.

It's a tough call for the bonewolf. Since the summon is a reward from Hircine, it make sense that it is stronger. Changing them is probably a bit too much though, as there is nothing to go by but personal preference. It's the same deal with the AR. Adamantium? Only the helmet has the useful AR of 70 for a top-tier, non-artifact medium armor, and it's an open helm! The rest is 40, and while that is in line with the rest of the medium armor, you'd think that this material would be better than Morrowind medium armor if not the Royal Guard armor. Stalhrim should be better than Royal Guard armor too for that matter, as far as medium armor goes. Even glass out-rates it, though maybe the alloy in it is adamantium.

Or maybe Royal Guard armor is just made from better quality adamantium. It could make sense, given the location and scarcity of adamantium. That wouldn't explain the other inconsistencies between it and adamantium, however. Or maybe I'm over-thinking it... Maybe it's the only way to make sense of this...

I know about those. Spells and enchantments are notoriously inconsistent. This game is a real mess: like, bang-your-head-on-the-desk, mess. Consistency is really touchy, and in most cases would probably be better in an expanded version. I think any kind of expanded version is just going to end up being a different project entirely at this point. There are too many things to change for me to considered it directly related, and I imagine people won't like it if I change things like that too much. For now, I have a consistency plugin, though it's not always clear what should go there or elsewhere.

Edit: By the way, the script on the blighted kwama will remove the disease if the queen is not infected, so labeling them is a problem. It would require further meddling to properly rectify. I prefer none of the blighted creatures be labeled by name.
Pat RiMsey

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:55 am

So did I understand correctly that the blighted kwama workers and warriors get cured when I cast "cure blight disease" on the queen? Will their stats change from blighted to non-blighted too? I believe that casting a blight cure spell on e.g. a blighted nix-hound will do nothing, is that even correct?
Sorry I have no access to the CS at the moment.

Arsuru, just to make sure you dont miss it: If youre going to make a new version of MPP please exchange the fireshield icons with my fixed versions: http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/42306/ (look in the downloads tab or screenshots).
hannah sillery

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:02 am

Yes demoras will need its weapons but I don't agree on the other summons though. But ya Its a personal opinion.

Well I haven't played the game for ages so I can't remember if they cast the spell or not, just made sense to me that the others should have fire/frost shield. I really think that you should fix the shield damage too, altering the game settings, as they were meant to cause some damage.

Yes the spark spell was a torn in the eye for me. That's why I brought it up.

Makes sense to make the Bonewolf Summon a bit more powerful, although I made them use the same stats just for consistency.

Well the armor values, weight, AR and others are a big mess, so I guess it's a matter or personal preference how you'd like it to be. Just wanted to point out that its strange that diffrent pieces within some sets had diffrent AR values, while most sets don't.

It is indeed a big mess. I've spent countless hours to make the game "balanced", but sometimes I can't really recall what I did in a previous runthrough. There's just TOO much things that doesn't make sense. It doesn't really help writing things down either, it just seems to add to the mass confusion /tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

Thanks for pointing out that script. It's indeed correct that renaming them wouldn't be a good idea.
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Status update: I've begun organizing the bugs into a readme of sorts and will start fixing things from there using it as a guide.

That is correct. You can check in the game with the console and typing "getblightdisease". It should return 0, though you will have to change cells for the script to start. The creatures will still be the blighted variants, but they will no longer be able to infect you, and they become less aggressive. I'd suggest changing the script on the blighted ones to spawn a healthy version and disable and then delete the blighted one. You could just mod all their stats, but it's less compatible if something else changes the creatures, and there is no way to mod their combat, magic, and stealth stats that I know of, plus it would be overall more complicated.

Delete wasn't available before Tribunal, so the implementation was pretty good, though there are other ways it could have been done. There are a lot of blighted queens but only a few are for quests, so I can't help but wonder if there was something intended for them. Casting cure blight on anything will cure it; the script is only there to make sure it is added again once the cell changes and the target will remain cured as long as you don't change cells. Kwama queens do not have a script to do this, so they remain cured unless killed and a new one spawns.

You should be able to do that with MWEdit if you can't use the CS. It's a shame some new functions weren't used to clean up some things in the original game.

I did see that, thanks.

Don't forget the Golden Saints. The way I see it, they are still the same creature so they should still have their parts, as most loot is ingredients. Having them keep their items is really only useful if a mod spawns the summoned variety for some reason, as they won't disappear when killed, so they could be treated as normal enemies.

As for fixing the shield damage, well, I don't even know what to put to. They just don't work as it is without insanely high magnitudes and offer no advantage over resist fire for the cost, as the AR increase doesn't seem to work. The thing about the damage aspect of the elemental shields is that they pretty much behave like reflect damage, though you'd expect them to do contact damage. So why we couldn't have the Ring of Namira is beyond me. Missile weapons are also affected, which is kind of odd for how they were implemented. The effects are just broken.

If anybody can get the atronach to cast the spell though, I'd be interested. NPCs can, and creatures use regular shields, so...

Edit: Or any creature, for that matter. That particular spell was given to a lot of things.
Frank Firefly

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:59 am

What is the base for new version? 1.6.3 or 1.6.5?
Claire Vaux

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:49 am

They are all a base and yet there isn't one. I'll use what is needed from all of them, but I'm doing it from scratch.
lauren cleaves

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Do you have changelog for all versions of UMP?
Elisha KIng

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:15 pm

I have all the documentation that came with all the versions, but there isn't much of a changelog to speak of in any of them. They're all just huge lists.
Jessica Lloyd

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:21 pm

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Sunder_Artifact_Quest#Quest_Bugs are not used. Need to edit ashvampire script and add entries.
Killing the Ash Vampires does not weaken Dagoth Ur like it is supposed like UESP says. Maybe incorporate Dagoth Ur Fix to UMP?
Also UESP says:
The heart animations are run without proper parameters, so any hit animation will be delayed until the previous animation has run to its end. You can still hit the heart as fast as you wish and destroy it. You don't need to wait for the animations to display the damage.
BrEezy Baby

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:58 am

I already check UESP for potential bugs and that quest is a known one, but thanks.
P PoLlo

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:57 am

But i dont know what wrong with DU weaken after killing each DU brother.

UPD. ashvampire script doesnt weaken DU, because DU isnt loaded if player dont meet him, before killing ant of him brothers.
Benito Martinez

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 am

It indeed is confusing with BTB's mod and Morrowind Code Patch and Morrowind Patch Project and Unofficial Morrowind Patch. It sure would be great to have all of them in just one package. Is that what you'll be working on? Because right now it's a big mess with there being five different versions to download just of this mod alone.
Cat Haines

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Morrowind Code Patch is a completely different animal. I can understand the confusion between BTB's version, UMP, & MPP. But MCP? It fixes bugs by patching the executable and there's no way to combine it with any other patch.
Kim Bradley

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:11 pm

I stand corrected. In any case, one mod that combines BTB, UMP & MPP would be great. That's what I meant to say.
Matt Bigelow

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:03 pm

BTBGI is not a patch, it's a rebalancing mod. Also, it can be used with MPP without problems - some objects are edited by both mods, but BTB has already incorporated the MPP fixes in such cases.

Slartibartfast is working on a "Morrowind Patch Compilation", perhaps you could have a look at it:
http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1366587-morrowind-patch-compilation-beta/
Jodie Bardgett

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Please don't remove the items from summoned creatures. There's no reason to do so, since you never see them. But they effect the creature's encumbrance, and that's enough for me to want them to remain. (and the fact that I'll know that they're in there, where they belong)
Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:49 pm

+100 for the Morrowind Patch Compilation. I never play Morrowind without it anymore!
Chris Jones

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:21 am

Indeed there is an MPP-BTB edit. It is for use instead of MPP.
Darlene Delk

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Yeah, I use BTB's edit of the Morrowind Patch Project.
sharon

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:27 am

Honestly, do people read the OP? Is it unclear?

I'm not sure you understand. First, there was the UMP. Then quorn changed the name to MPP. I think he had much larger plans, but I feel it was a bad idea to rename it and possibly try to incorporate something more into the standard version. I was going to continue the UMP before quorn picked it up anyway, and continued to do so because I disagreed with things he was doing. Those things later caused him to renounce his versions.

You only need one version, and I've stated that in the OP. I've listed them all because there seems to be enough disagreement on what to use, though quorn's versions are there for completeness/historical value for now and could easily be removed from the list.

We're talking about BTB's edited MPP, not his Game Improvements mod. As for Slart's Morrowind Patch Compilation, again, I've mentioned that in the OP already. I'm fine with including things that fix meshes and UV mapping, but it isn't a priority to add things like that for now. I just want to make the damn game function correctly for now.

My argument was that removing them would be detrimental to the patch. It would be an edit that would add to the file size for something you can't normally get. I agree that it makes more sense to have them for reasons I've already mentioned. The encumbrance is hardly going to matter though.
Rachell Katherine

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:25 am

Silense. Any news about patch?
Claire Vaux

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind